PDA

View Full Version : How do i TURN OF AREA VOICE-CHAT!?

swatti
04-17-2013, 07:16 AM
Since my "i quit" -topic was locked, i might as well give this game a chance till couple more patches roll in... BUUUUUT!

For the love of god, how do i turn off the idiots with their mics!? I alt-tabbed and went to clean up my desc nearby and suddenly i started hearing some moron "please himself" even tho i had all voice options muted on chat-settings(press O, social menu). Most are muted, but some still get thru.

It was very disturbing.

Im also not interested in listening some idiots beatboxing from their poo-hole as some tend to do in arkfalls a lot.

GT3000
04-17-2013, 07:17 AM
Why would you let a locked topic prevent you from quitting a game?

Racheakt
04-17-2013, 07:18 AM
Is there an area voice chat? I thought it was only in instances.

RoG Goat
04-17-2013, 07:18 AM
Turn the volume setting down or switching chats would be a good idea.

Lyokira
04-17-2013, 07:21 AM
Currently bugged, in the most hilarious way possible: http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?39832-Known-Issues-for-Patch-1.010

• Muting voice chat mutes yourself rather than other players.

Dantos
04-17-2013, 07:33 AM
Currently bugged, in the most hilarious way possible: http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?39832-Known-Issues-for-Patch-1.010

Basically this, you cannot mute other players, you can only mute yourself.

swatti
04-17-2013, 07:34 AM
Why would you let a locked topic prevent you from quitting a game?

I kinda nerd-raged, topic itself was polite and im a bit sad about it being locked. Kinda get the feeling mods are under orders to "keep certain types" of topics off the forums.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, back to the point. I still keep hearing some area voice-chat. I have yet to find a volume-controll that actually works nor a way to "switch" chat whatever that means.

Lyokira
04-17-2013, 07:36 AM
I kinda nerd-raged, topic itself was polite and im a bit sad about it being locked. Kinda get the feeling mods are under orders to "keep certain types" of topics off the forums.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, back to the point. I still keep hearing some area voice-chat. I have yet to find a volume-controll that actually works nor a way to "switch" chat whatever that means.

That's because there's none that works, because the option is bugged. Unfortunately.

ironhands
04-17-2013, 07:41 AM
Be nice if we had an indicator of who was speaking, even if we aren't getting a PTT button - so we could report these people, or at least, tell them to turn their mic off

ironhands
04-17-2013, 07:46 AM

They are, and it's in the code of conduct, "i quit" posts are forbidden, as are "why was my thread locked" posts, because nothing good or constructive comes out of them. The purpose of these forums is intended to be a place where we can obtain assistance from other players, and constructively discuss issues and ideas. Once a thread is no longer constructive, it'll be locked. Not much point in an "I quit" post, since it'll only result in an argument, but the "i quit" feedback is still useful, which is why they're locked, and not deleted.

KashraFall
04-17-2013, 07:49 AM
Since my "i quit" -topic was locked, i might as well give this game a chance till couple more patches roll in... BUUUUUT!

For the love of god, how do i turn off the idiots with their mics!? I alt-tabbed and went to clean up my desc nearby and suddenly i started hearing some moron "please himself" even tho i had all voice options muted on chat-settings(press O, social menu). Most are muted, but some still get thru.

It was very disturbing.

Im also not interested in listening some idiots beatboxing from their poo-hole as some tend to do in arkfalls a lot.

Do people actually proceed to pleasuring themselves while on a game? The beatboxing thing I can understand, people do let themselves just make random noises when they think they are alone, I am one of them. But pleasing themselves? That is just downright wrong xD.

swatti
04-17-2013, 08:00 AM
I found my post more of a "questioning" and commenting the state of the game. No nerd-rage in the topic. Anyways, seeing how badly this patch went, i dare say its more "truth hurts" and it will spread when ppl learn of it.
As i mentioned, i will give this game one or two more chances, as in future patches, il make my final decision then. Yes, i am angry about the current state and the developers decisions.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once more, back to the point:

I sincerely hope there will be a functioning fix to this issue as frustrated gamers are fully starting to utilize this "bug" to annoy others and i truely hope i dont have to listen anyone please themselfs while i play i a video-game.
Whatever shall happen to this game im sertain a disturbing memory of it will last in my mind for quite some time...

Do people actually proceed to pleasuring themselves while on a game? The beatboxing thing I can understand, people do let themselves just make random noises when they think they are alone, I am one of them. But pleasing themselves? That is just downright wrong xD.

I'l answer a question with a question:

"Would you honestly like to know?"

There was a rather "familiar" soundtrack at the background too, it was the thing that i first noticed, then "it started"
I'd tell you what the soundtrack was from but im sure i'd be breaking lot of rules by posting the name. in short : A ****-film.

Jeah, some moron was watching ****, "doing it" and left his mic, on. Result : everyone on toolworks heard it and prefer they hadnt.

Jackobite
04-17-2013, 08:07 AM
Be nice if we had an indicator of who was speaking, even if we aren't getting a PTT button - so we could report these people, or at least, tell them to turn their mic off

This ^^
Iv only ever come across it in co-op missions The worst one was so bad I threw my headset onto the desk till we finished I so wanted to ignore whoever it was but it could have been any one of the three.

ironhands
04-17-2013, 08:20 AM
This ^^
Iv only ever come across it in co-op missions The worst one was so bad I threw my headset onto the desk till we finished I so wanted to ignore whoever it was but it could have been any one of the three.

I haven't had any really bad issues, my worst was ME3, mouth breather/chain smoker/sick and using speakers.