PDA

View Full Version : Please make two apposing sides that you can join.

thoma683
04-17-2013, 07:27 AM
I would like it if you had the option to join 1 of 2 different sides that oppose each other. Where missions would consist of taking control of certain locations and keeping them, and attacking enemy bases. You could fight the other side anywhere in the main map, and if you stayed neutral you couldn't be attacked. Keep bumping this thread if you agree. Add any ideas as well.

CowboyHatValor
04-17-2013, 07:30 AM
This would require way too much retooling, if by '1 of 2 different sides' you mean a constant, character-altering addition.

I would support some kind of clan-based warfare though. This would let the player population control the opposition, and still give you something akin to what you want within the game as it exists.

Something like this would be a long way off though.

Reiter
04-17-2013, 07:34 AM
Shadow War, que up. Stop the forum *****ing that this feature isn't working, good god so many whiners.

That is all.

Viibl
04-17-2013, 07:36 AM
"I would like it if you had the option to join 1 of 2 different sides that oppose each other."

Why? You need to justify your ideas.

thoma683
04-18-2013, 08:11 AM
"Why? You need to justify your ideas."

I would just like to run into hostile human controlled characters every once in awhile, or maybe a gang of them. Shadow wars im not interested in. I just want an added variable to worry about while I'm completing missions.

"Shadow War, que up. Stop the forum *****ing that this feature isn't working, good god so many whiners. "

Calm down. Wasn't talking about shadow war to begin with. Haven't even tried playing it yet.

DeMoted
04-18-2013, 08:12 AM
I would like it if you had the option to join 1 of 2 different sides that oppose each other. Where missions would consist of taking control of certain locations and keeping them, and attacking enemy bases. You could fight the other side anywhere in the main map, and if you stayed neutral you couldn't be attacked. Keep bumping this thread if you agree. Add any ideas as well.

Worst idea ever... You know the problems games have... Two faction wars b.c one will always be lopsided.

firetiger2k
04-18-2013, 08:18 AM

"Opposing"

Ensu
04-18-2013, 08:23 AM
Delaware and Utah.

WrathPhoenix
04-18-2013, 08:34 AM
I am not sure I'm behind this idea.

LALLY
04-18-2013, 08:35 AM
lol the guy just suggested an idea, people need to chill out, I think its a good idea, that's why we have seen factions in games for a long time, but sadly it wont happen for defiance, like some one above said, it would be too much re tooling and they have had a vision for this game for years which I doubt they will be able to change as they have to keep it relating to the tv show, id personally love it though.

hardy83
04-18-2013, 08:36 AM
I've always hated factions in games. All it does is split the player base in half or thirds.

I like how games like this and GW2 does it where everyone works together in the world if they choose, and PVP is separate.

EVERY MMO I've played with factions and PvP servers, all that happens is a lot of ganking.

And basically what you're asking for is capture and hold, which is suppose to be in the game.

firetiger2k
04-18-2013, 08:37 AM
lol the guy just suggested an idea, people need to chill out, I think its a good idea, that's why we have seen factions in games for a long time, but sadly it wont happen for defiance, like some one above said, it would be too much re tooling and they have had a vision for this game for years which I doubt they will be able to change as they have to keep it relating to the tv show, id personally love it though.

>New races

Kerry
04-18-2013, 08:39 AM
You mean sorta like Alliance and Horde?

No thanks.

Zoridium JackL
04-18-2013, 08:39 AM
it's be great if you could join a pale war re-enactment troupe, essentially allowing you to opt in and out of world PvP.

LALLY
04-18-2013, 08:40 AM
I've always hated factions in games. All it does is split the player base in half or thirds.

I like how games like this and GW2 does it where everyone works together in the world if they choose, and PVP is separate.

EVERY MMO I've played with factions and PvP servers, all that happens is a lot of ganking.

And basically what you're asking for is capture and hold, which is suppose to be in the game.

I think the reason people may want factions is to get people working together more, at the moment people are not, in general, working together.

DeMoted
04-18-2013, 08:41 AM

Two faction MMOs are always a mistake and have proven so in every game ever created.

hardy83
04-18-2013, 08:42 AM
I think the reason people may want factions is to get people working together more, at the moment people are not, in general, working together.

I think that has more to do with the clunky chat system and slightly confusing UI.
I don't think factions would make people work together more, I think it would just cause ganking.

I'm definitely for a large maybe perpetually running PVP instance like what the OP kind of wants, but I don't want factions.

LALLY
04-18-2013, 08:43 AM
I think that has more to do with the clunky chat system and slightly confusing UI.
I don't think factions would make people work together more, I think it would just cause ganking.

I'm definitely for a large maybe perpetually running PVP instance like what the OP kind of wants, but I don't want factions.

yeh I agree with you on that

Ensu
04-18-2013, 08:46 AM
y'know, it would be interesting if further down the line they had Gulanee, Sensoth and Castithan or whatever other mixture of Votan would make sense for an anti-Human/E-Rep force as a faction antagonist. But that's up to Trion and their story folks.

Napalm Sunrise
04-18-2013, 08:50 AM

I suggested this near identical thing like 2 days ago. But it was just a pure PvE ongoing large scale war with active battle lines. Essentially, i don't think it can be done since they can't even fix known issues and instead make worse ones.

Colteran
04-18-2013, 09:46 AM
FOR THE HORD.....nevermind. Something like that could be interesting with tweaks, etc I suppose.

SaintRaze
04-18-2013, 09:51 AM

Yes, let's turn this game into another WoW and make it just like every other MMO.

Halgan
04-18-2013, 10:13 AM
Nothing but trouble. You end up with a more popular faction, people will believe the developer supports one faction more than the other, better perks, races, quests etc.

Rift was plagued with faction problems and from what I've seen so far, it looks like Trion has took its lessons learned there and applied them well in Defiance.

However, I think what would satisfy the OP, myself, and many other players desire would be a Hostile Flag option, that would allow us to choose to become hostile towards other like-minded players in the open world. Having it a toggle for everyone would allow those of us who want to worry about someone sneaking up on us with a shotgun while we are sniping dark matter or other bad guys to have that option, while allowing people who wish to keep their pvp and pve separate to do so.