PDA

View Full Version : The one thing you don't like

Shag
03-16-2013, 07:09 AM
Hey Guys,

first off: I love this game. It seems really great and I'm looking forward it. After watching a few live-streams, the ign 1hour vid etc. I think we're all going to have a blast killing hellbugs and cruising around in our challenger :D But, yep there is a but, there is one thing I don't like:

The facial expressions while they're talking. Sometimes it seems that their jaws were glued together or something like that, they just don't open their mouths while they are talking like a normal human would.

REMINDER: This thread is not for starting flame-wars or anything like this. Please don't harass anyone for posting his opinion on a certain matter here. This thread can be a source of information for the devs, if (and only if) it doesn't get derailed! Also please refrain from posting anything about beta keys, xbox-shafting etc. this thread is solely about the game itself.

So what's the one thing you don't like?

Rarodil
03-16-2013, 07:11 AM
The NDA. [10 chars]

Alliiara
03-16-2013, 07:11 AM
I love Defiance so much, but the one thing I don't like is that I can't play as a Castithan yet :(

ShadowStrider 7
03-16-2013, 07:26 AM
The one thing I don't like? It's only March 16th and I want to play this now.

KaosPenguin
03-16-2013, 07:28 AM
Limited options in Character Creation unless that has changed since alpha/beta.

Mur
03-16-2013, 07:33 AM

Yeah, from what has been provided, it does appear the the customization is limited. It would be cool if they staggered facial customization options as the game moves forward, getting rid of old ones so everyone looks different. Or, they allowed you to upload an image of your face to be displayed on your character.

StickyChief
03-16-2013, 07:34 AM
No flying vehicles or dual wielding pistols

suicd3grunt
03-16-2013, 07:44 AM
I wish they had area vicinity voice chat with the option to disable it, and/or mute players.

Vuule
03-16-2013, 07:54 AM
While it's not a huge issue; mute characters. I mean, right at the beginning cutscene, when you're supposed to be hurt and scream at the top of your longs.. Nothing!

The only other issue I have right now is another 2 weeks of waiting! :D

DJTrig
03-16-2013, 08:04 AM
The one thing I don't like? It's only March 16th and I want to play this now.

This and having to wait for DLC for the other races (thats just a minor niggle though).

JerZey CJ
03-16-2013, 08:11 AM
Lack of melee weapons.

Figma
03-16-2013, 08:18 AM

Agreed, lets hope they expand it

MOnte
03-16-2013, 08:50 AM
Haven't tried the game yet, so I don't know. The only thing I can think of is that release is on a tuesday with no early release on the friday before, for pre-orders head start. Start on a tuesday... YUCK!.

Aaricane
03-16-2013, 09:00 AM
I have a few issues with the game actually. Not really complaints, just changes i wish we could see or be implemented into the game.

#1. Lack of a major hub, aka a city. I realize it's suppose to have more of a "border town" feel to the game, but a major city or 2 would have been freaking awesome.

#2. Lack of character costumization. Like many have said, the options seem to few.

#3. Small instanced groups. I hope in the future we can see more Raid style grouping for an instance much like every other MMO has.

#4. The cosmetics only having 2 slots, Outfits & Hats/Headwear. I was really hoping for individual body pieces like chest, legs, hands, & feet.

#5. I'm hoping for "zone invasions" much like what Rift had. Yes we get Arkfall events, but that's not the same thing.

#6. Only 2 character races on release?? Explain that one to me....

#7. Lack of an Auction/Trade House

Now, despite all my "issues" with the game, i am still REALLY looking forward to Defiance.
I just wish some things were different with the game design.

Shadow2400
03-16-2013, 09:46 AM
Better use for snipers in PVE. I've seen some that do well but most are just meh..

PeaceMaker
03-16-2013, 10:17 AM
They never show off the Guild Options in Streams and I hope some of the Items you get from looting aren't really BOP(Bind on Pick Up).

Defy
03-16-2013, 10:19 AM
having to wait for game to come out :)

anyway seriously, what I dont like about some MMOs is that the missions are too similar and repetitive (kill x enemies, gather x herbs, deliver x from y to z), I hope Defiance will have more variety of missions :)

Mur
03-16-2013, 10:25 AM
I have a few issues with the game actually. Not really complaints, just changes i wish we could see or be implemented into the game.

#1. Lack of a major hub, aka a city. I realize it's suppose to have more of a "border town" feel to the game, but a major city or 2 would have been freaking awesome.

#2. Lack of character costumization. Like many have said, the options seem to few.

#3. Small instanced groups. I hope in the future we can see more Raid style grouping for an instance much like every other MMO has.

#4. The cosmetics only having 2 slots, Outfits & Hats/Headwear. I was really hoping for individual body pieces like chest, legs, hands, & feet.

#5. I'm hoping for "zone invasions" much like what Rift had. Yes we get Arkfall events, but that's not the same thing.

#6. Only 2 character races on release?? Explain that one to me....

#7. Lack of an Auction/Trade House

Now, despite all my "issues" with the game, i am still REALLY looking forward to Defiance.
I just wish some things were different with the game design.

All good points; this game has a lot of room to grow. I hope they allow the player to build cities (towns, garrisons etc.). They need to incorporate a centralized market, but should also enable the player to create a black market by providing clan banks and market boards.

Rabid Cat
03-16-2013, 10:33 AM
After watching a few live streams...one thing I don't like:

The facial expressions while they're talking. Sometimes it seems that their jaws were glued together or something like that, they just don't open their mouths while they are talking like a normal human would.

Do you mean the characters or the devs? :p

Ape One
03-16-2013, 11:05 AM
Advertising. There are still so many who dont know about the show/game. I like to think that the game will be so great that it will grow just though word of mouth.

StickyChief
03-16-2013, 11:12 AM
Ah, I have to agree on the lack of a major hub/city point there.

Tzar of kaos
03-16-2013, 12:01 PM
Ah, I have to agree on the lack of a major hub/city point there.

We didn't saw San Francisco yet.Who knows...And i don't kown what i don't like didn't play the game.

Shag
03-16-2013, 03:47 PM
Do you mean the characters or the devs? :p

Well you got me there :D I meant the characters, not the devs. They're doing a great job :D

Foxhop
03-16-2013, 03:57 PM
Hmm..some of the voice-acting was..off, not nails-on-chalkboard off mind you, but noticeable.
Lack of ability to swap which shoulder I am looking over..
Lack of vehicle collision...
Vehicle's 'Hollywood physics' (Such as self-straightening and the inability to flip over.)

All minor gripes, but things I wish had been done differently.

EdgeTW
03-16-2013, 04:24 PM
This is all from watching live streams, so keep that in mind.

I'm a bit concerned that (outside the main questline) the gameplay reminded me a lot of Saint's Row 3. It seemed like there were a lot of mini-games spread around (racing, shooting birds, etc) that (I assume) are supposed to be fun little ways to occupy your time. The problem is, they just seem to be thrown around without really feeling tied to the game, especially when you take into account the amount of work they're going through to have some serious lore behind the entire Defiance concept.

That is not to say I don't appreciate the extra bits of fun things to do. But they're almost jarring in their introduction.. a little floating icon off to the side of the road you interact with that teleports you into a speed trial is, to me, like beating me over the head with the fact that I'm playing a mini-game within a game rather than living in the world of Defiance. And if that doesn't sound like a big deal, keep in mind how hard they're pushing this whole concept of the game and show being interchangeable. Would anyone expect to see these mini-games activities in the show? And, if so, wouldn't they be integrated better?

That's pretty much the thing.. I don't want those mini-games to go away, I just wish they did a better job of integrating them into the concept of the game|show more seamlessly. As is it just feels like they created several mini-games to keep us entertained and sprinkled them around the game world without really worrying about how they fit in.

Foxhop
03-16-2013, 04:32 PM
I agree with you there EdgeTW and they did say that they were not planning on revealing the real 'meat' of the game and much of the more amazing things, so we have that at least. :)

GT3000
03-16-2013, 04:48 PM
Lack of Persistence aside from your character. No real guild options. Zero crafting. Shallow skill tree. Two races at launch. Sub-par customization.

It feels like they'd come out with a better polished product if they hadn't mucked around with multiple platforms, a third of the product at full admission.

The fact that aren't more forth-coming about some features makes me wary to put my money down but I have a beta spot and the gameplay is tight from previous beta tests. I fail to see how this is going to capture my attention for long. Reeks of Guild Wars 2.

Iceman0134
03-16-2013, 04:59 PM
One thing I dont like? It comes out on a tuesday. Some people have to work and/or go to school that day Trion! *facepalm*

6Strummer
03-17-2013, 12:27 PM
I can only say from watching Youtube videos, but the AI seems below average and some of the voice acting is very bland, particularly the EGO girl's voice, which is bad because it seems like you'll be hearing her a lot.

EdgeTW
03-17-2013, 12:37 PM
I can only say from watching Youtube videos, but the AI seems below average and some of the voice acting is very bland, particularly the EGO girl's voice, which is bad because it seems like you'll be hearing her a lot.
I agree (from what I've seen in videos) that the AI seems to be slow to react to danger or the player's presence, often dying before it has a chance to respond.

Was anyone else bothered by the low-gravity feeling in the game? The jump animations seem extremely floaty with a significant amount of hang time in the air.

Mur
03-17-2013, 12:50 PM
I agree (from what I've seen in videos) that the AI seems to be slow to react to danger or the player's presence, often dying before it has a chance to respond.

Was anyone else bothered by the low-gravity feeling in the game? The jump animations seem extremely floaty with a significant amount of hang time in the air.

The in game gravity is very easy to fix...

Desidus
03-17-2013, 12:53 PM
NDA warning... WHOOOP WHOOOP! NDA warning... WHOOOP WHOOOP!

beta ain't here yet fellas...

Dead_Phoenix
03-17-2013, 12:55 PM
NDA warning... WHOOOP WHOOOP! NDA warning... WHOOOP WHOOOP!

beta ain't here yet fellas...

he mentioned the stuff seen in videos.

Dead_Phoenix
03-17-2013, 12:56 PM
The in game gravity is very easy to fix...

IF it needs fixing.

Desidus
03-17-2013, 12:58 PM
he mentioned the stuff seen in videos.

Hmm I assumed the second part wasn't connected to the first part... but looking back that was probably a bad assumption.. nevermind.. *sigh* *goes and turns off the NDA alarm*

TheFool
03-17-2013, 01:04 PM
REMINDER: This thread is not for starting flame-wars or anything like this. Please don't harass anyone for posting his opinion on a certain matter here. This thread can be a source of information for the devs, if (and only if) it doesn't get derailed! Also please refrain from posting anything about beta keys, xbox-shafting etc. this thread is solely about the game itself.

http://i.imgur.com/2EB6GQk.gif

EdgeTW
03-17-2013, 01:56 PM
Hmm I assumed the second part wasn't connected to the first part... but looking back that was probably a bad assumption.. nevermind.. *sigh* *goes and turns off the NDA alarm*

If you mean me, yeah I'm talking about stuff I see in videos. The floaty jumping was on my mind a lot while watching last Friday's live stream.

For example, at timestamp 3:25:31 at this link: http://www.twitch.tv/archive/archive_popout?id=378138791

There's a minute or so of various jumps going on around there (you can even see other characters in the scene going extremely pogo). Maybe that's a chosen trait that's allowing them to do that? If so, cool. If not, it just looks unrealistic/arcade'ish in my opinion. I think some of it has to do with the animation; when you just tuck your legs in and fly through the air while holding your gun out in front of you with both hands, it's weird.

Several non-combat hops in a row at 3:26:49, where there seems to be enough hang time to literally change the direction of his momentum in mid-air (another oddity that is more arcade than realistic).

Unfortunately, it's not always just a simple matter of changing the "gravity", particularly if the developer intended the player be able to reach certain areas or hop on top of certain objects that were designed with this range of jumping in mind.

War5torm
03-17-2013, 02:00 PM
Game isn't out yet, nor have I played it. Therefore I can't say anything about it :p

Desidus
03-17-2013, 02:03 PM
If you mean me, yeah I'm talking about stuff I see in videos. The floaty jumping was on my mind a lot while watching last Friday's live stream.

For example, at timestamp 3:25:31 at this link: http://www.twitch.tv/archive/archive_popout?id=378138791

There's a minute or so of various jumps going on around there (you can even see other characters in the scene going extremely pogo). Maybe that's a chosen trait that's allowing them to do that? If so, cool. If not, it just looks unrealistic/arcade'ish in my opinion. I think some of it has to do with the animation; when you just tuck your legs in and fly through the air while holding your gun out in front of you with both hands, it's weird.

Several non-combat hops in a row at 3:26:49, where there seems to be enough hang time to literally change the direction of his momentum in mid-air (another oddity that is more arcade than realistic).

Unfortunately, it's not always just a simple matter of changing the "gravity", particularly if the developer intended the player be able to reach certain areas or hop on top of certain objects that were designed with this range of jumping in mind.

Thanks for the link, you are right it does look a little bit floaty. I think it just needs a little tweek but it might be done to make scaling areas easier. After all there is no climb feature in this game other than ladders that I have seen.

Paladin
03-17-2013, 02:03 PM

1 word terraforming.

Mur
03-17-2013, 02:05 PM
IF it needs fixing.

Listen newb, I don't like bouncing. Just kidding. I don't care, I just want to shoot people in the face.

Dead_Phoenix
03-17-2013, 02:08 PM
Listen newb, I don't like bouncing. Just kidding. I don't care, I just want to shoot people in the face.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQYCsQ_iMNEqhWs6NTl4dY7chkF3abrT zvyn6RdtZdbnI5pA8LL

Paladin

I don't care, I don't like people. Just kidding. Listen newb, I just want to shoot in the face, bouncing.

EdgeTW
1 word terraforming.

Hah, I had thought of that when I first saw the jumping. But that begs the question: How did the terraforming process reduce the mass of the Earth?

I mean, if that's the excuse, that's cool.. but are we going to see reduced gravity in the show?

Desidus
03-17-2013, 02:10 PM
Hah, I had thought of that when I first saw the jumping. But that begs the question: How did the terraforming process reduce the mass of the Earth?

I mean, if that's the excuse, that's cool.. but are we going to see reduced gravity in the show?

yeah everyone is going to bounce around on the tv show.. cause that would be awesome to watch.. DEAR GOD it better not!

*edit* I just thought of two reasons why I would watch that...

EdgeTW
03-17-2013, 02:12 PM
yeah everyone is going to bounce around on the tv show.. cause that would be awesome to watch.. DEAR GOD it better not!

I am suspecting both those reasons are the same.

Ark Cansada
03-17-2013, 02:13 PM

icwutyoodidthar.

Dead_Phoenix
03-17-2013, 02:18 PM
you thinking the earth mass has decreased. could be the alien based tech shield we use in the game could be whats causin the bouncing. being ark hunters.

we know in the show nolan and irisa dont like using it. so they wont be bouncing around. same with the civies in the town of defiance.

SicklyToast
03-17-2013, 03:38 PM
I hate the slow effect. I mean really black bloops are ugly.

/sigh

shawkwave
03-17-2013, 03:56 PM
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong becuase this is the one thing that's keeping me from buying the game (I have a beta key for next weekend so I can see for myself).

The combat looks boring as all hell. Sure you have one of your 4 ego powers to use but I'm sure they're on a pretty hefty cooldown especially since it's you're only ability in combat (citation needed). I reminds me of firefall or global agenda combat. just point and click with your gun until your enemy goes down. The one thing that would hook me on this game forever would to have ability's/combat skills like in other mmo's that apply buffs/debuffs/movement (like a whirlwhind or a charge or a leap etc).

Idk maybe this isn't the game for me but it looks hella interesting and it really sucks the combat is so lame. (again citation needed)

6Strummer
03-17-2013, 08:41 PM
For anyone who thought the voice acting was a bit off, I saw a video earlier that said most or all of the voice work we've heard so far was simply placeholder audio. Take that for what it's worth. Doesn't matter to me. I'm psyched for the game either way.

StickyChief
03-17-2013, 11:16 PM
Hmm..some of the voice-acting was..off, not nails-on-chalkboard off mind you, but noticeable.
Lack of ability to swap which shoulder I am looking over..
Lack of vehicle collision...
Vehicle's 'Hollywood physics' (Such as self-straightening and the inability to flip over.)

All minor gripes, but things I wish had been done differently.

They had player and vehicle collision but things got too messy and they removed it

Paladin
03-17-2013, 11:23 PM
They had player and vehicle collision but things got too messy and they removed it

I can only imagine why.(sarcasm)

EdgeTW
03-17-2013, 11:28 PM
Yeah, I can agree that things looked really cheesy whenever the vehicles were sitting inside one another during the latest stream. It bugged me.

However, people who couldn't drive in APB without hitting everyone else on the road bugged me more.

So, in the end I prefer the lack of vehicle collision over the annoyance of not being able to drive fifty feet without getting slammed into.

Pasha
03-18-2013, 01:03 AM
Characters graphic and animations optimized for 6 years old consoles (which are in the end of their lifecycle btw) instead of modern PCs.

Asheki
03-18-2013, 01:05 AM
Yeah, I can agree that things looked really cheesy whenever the vehicles were sitting inside one another during the latest stream. It bugged me.

However, people who couldn't drive in APB without hitting everyone else on the road bugged me more.

So, in the end I prefer the lack of vehicle collision over the annoyance of not being able to drive fifty feet without getting slammed into.

Or let's say... boxed in by a bunch of idiots with nothing better to do.. having areas blocked off by others.. and what not.

Dolnor
03-18-2013, 01:52 AM
#1 Gripe: Visited Trion, got fed, but NO Defiance T-SHIRT! ><

I am just a spoiled git! -)

TQQdles™

Cyrox
03-18-2013, 04:14 AM
Characters graphic and animations optimized for 6 years old consoles (which are in the end of their lifecycle btw) instead of modern PCs.

Many mmo's have upgraded their graphics once in a while and reason why they are dumbing down those graphics for outdated consoles is because defiance was made for consoles too and it would suck so hard if they would release defiance next year or something because they wanted better graphics. Also they aren't top notch graphics because they want big playerbase and insane graphics would reduce players alot.

On topic: Those mouth movements (or lack of it) was pretty noticeable. any way doesn't really bother me just had to come up with something to say.

Desidus
03-18-2013, 04:32 AM
Many mmo's have upgraded their graphics once in a while and reason why they are dumbing down those graphics for outdated consoles is because defiance was made for consoles too and it would suck so hard if they would release defiance next year or something because they wanted better graphics. Also they aren't top notch graphics because they want big playerbase and insane graphics would reduce players alot.

On topic: Those mouth movements (or lack of it) was pretty noticeable. any way doesn't really bother me just had to come up with something to say.

You just had to eh?

lol.. funny.

ZombieTech
03-18-2013, 04:57 AM
The one thing I don't like? Hopping on a bicycle without looking that's had its seat removed... talk about "butt-hurt"! :o

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/131/288/spongebob-butthurt.gif

Desidus
03-18-2013, 06:01 AM
I was going to say those movies with talking animals

KitCross
03-18-2013, 06:37 AM

I'm okay with no flying vehicles but I'm with you on dual wielding pistols. Would be cool to have. Would also like the option of having a shield while using a pistol like in counter strike.

ironhands
03-18-2013, 06:59 AM
I don't like clowns

ironhands
03-18-2013, 07:01 AM

www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzm6pvHPSGo

Shogo_Yahagi
03-18-2013, 07:02 AM

Annoyingly entitled PC users? ...or possibly the lack of reasonable beta testing on a time frame that would improve the development for the product I'm paying for which I will play on my poor ancient console. It's kind of a toss-up at this point until I actually have a chance to try it out.

ironhands
03-18-2013, 07:16 AM
Annoyingly entitled PC users? ...or possibly the lack of reasonable beta testing on a time frame that would improve the development for the product I'm paying for which I will play on my poor ancient console. It's kind of a toss-up at this point until I actually have a chance to try it out.

LOL(postcount +1)

ironhands
03-18-2013, 07:18 AM
lack of variation amongst the enemies. Is there any randomization to their clothing/armor, or are they all carbon copies?

Fiancee
03-18-2013, 07:20 AM
Im kinda disappointed theres only 4 ability, but I suppose it just means they can add more of them later.

RushNlowZ
03-18-2013, 08:38 AM
I'm kinda bummed out they changed decoy. I was planning on running it, but now I'm not so sure. Originally they said that you could switch locations with the decoy, reveal cloaked enemies, or detonate it damaging nearby enemies. Now the last one doesn't seem like it's gonna happen. Without the attack option on this and revealing cloaked enemies seeming very PvP based I feel that decoy is a bit under powered compared to the damage bonuses from the other 3 powers. Any thoughts?

wig
03-18-2013, 08:58 AM
i dont like snobs or snobby peppers

Paladin
03-18-2013, 09:15 AM
I'm kinda bummed out they changed decoy. I was planning on running it, but now I'm not so sure. Originally they said that you could switch locations with the decoy, reveal cloaked enemies, or detonate it damaging nearby enemies. Now the last one doesn't seem like it's gonna happen. Without the attack option on this and revealing cloaked enemies seeming very PvP based I feel that decoy is a bit under powered compared to the damage bonuses from the other 3 powers. Any thoughts?
You can switch places with decoy and reveal cloaked enemies. Detonation is no longer apart of it. This is due to the fact that decoy is meant be a support role. Blur confuse enemy in PvP/ rush in for kills PvE. Cloak gets around PvP/ boss killer in PvE. Overcharge can just kill for both modes. Decoy gets vantage points and second chances PvP/ Pretty much another health bar PvE

RushNlowZ
03-18-2013, 02:21 PM
You can switch places with decoy and reveal cloaked enemies. Detonation is no longer apart of it. This is due to the fact that decoy is meant be a support role. Blur confuse enemy in PvP/ rush in for kills PvE. Cloak gets around PvP/ boss killer in PvE. Overcharge can just kill for both modes. Decoy gets vantage points and second chances PvP/ Pretty much another health bar PvE

Nothing against support roles, in fact I usually am the guy in my group of friends that runs the medic class but my friends and I don't really plan on making PvP a big part of our gaming experience on Defiance. We're pumped about the PvE. With that in mind I'm not so sure based on the video's I've seen that the medic builds will be that useful. I really hope they make the PvE challenging enough that a support type build will be useful. But as far as I've seen of the trailers and beta footage leaks it might be a build I'll pass on.

On a second note: Based on starting positions of the ego grid it could be entirely possible to build an Overcharge character with the support build, and on a long enough timeline any character could be a support build. This leaves Decoy looking kind of underpowered by comparison. Yes it will have some tanking perks right away but later on I see people who use it getting the crap shot out of them with no real damage to back them up. Especially in PvP.

Prophet of Entropy
03-18-2013, 03:54 PM
pretty sure this is how the game works, shooting someone with a personal force field up in the head does more damage then the chest. id be find with that being the case once you lose your shield but if its still up it doesnt make any sense other then the need to make sniping effective against shielded targets.

Asheki
03-18-2013, 04:44 PM
Nothing against support roles, in fact I usually am the guy in my group of friends that runs the medic class but my friends and I don't really plan on making PvP a big part of our gaming experience on Defiance. We're pumped about the PvE. With that in mind I'm not so sure based on the video's I've seen that the medic builds will be that useful. I really hope they make the PvE challenging enough that a support type build will be useful. But as far as I've seen of the trailers and beta footage leaks it might be a build I'll pass on.

On a second note: Based on starting positions of the ego grid it could be entirely possible to build an Overcharge character with the support build, and on a long enough timeline any character could be a support build. This leaves Decoy looking kind of underpowered by comparison. Yes it will have some tanking perks right away but later on I see people who use it getting the crap shot out of them with no real damage to back them up. Especially in PvP.

In the long run... we can unlock everything.

BadMoFoJay
03-18-2013, 08:03 PM
LOL(postcount +1)

+2 Can't stand PC elitist blaming the consoles for the graphical choices of the producers. The game looks great on consoles and even better on PC. Not every game could/should look like crisis or Halo 4 (interesting how a console game looks amazing and they can't praise that as well.) The fact of the matter is PC gamers are jealous of exclusives for consoles like Halo, Killzone, or the new Bungie game Destiny (which will really make them butthurt when they see it. Which will also be the major competitor to this game.)

RushNlowZ
03-18-2013, 11:59 PM
+2 Can't stand PC elitist blaming the consoles for the graphical choices of the producers. The game looks great on consoles and even better on PC. Not every game could/should look like crisis or Halo 4 (interesting how a console game looks amazing and they can't praise that as well.) The fact of the matter is PC gamers are jealous of exclusives for consoles like Halo, Killzone, or the new Bungie game Destiny (which will really make them butthurt when they see it. Which will also be the major competitor to this game.)

First let me say I'm an Xbox man. But I can honestly say that PC Gamers definitely have consoles locked out of the modding side of gaming. They get so many more options for games. New skins alone make the measly options available to console gamers look like crap. Plus most of the time most of these options are either free or customizable for them. Where as us console gamers get a limited selection and have to pay for these features. On top of that they usually get the updates to their games well ahead of console gamers. In the scope of things us console gamers may be getting some cool features upfront but in the long run I see the PC gamers gaining new features and options sooner than the rest of us. So try not to rub the few gizmos we're getting now in their face because it won't be long before they get some awesome new option that will never make its way to the xbox marketplace.

Ambic
03-19-2013, 12:07 AM
I don't like the fact that there will weapons in the cash shop/micro-transaction shop. That right there spells pay2win for me, and a dev can not say the game isn't pay2win if weapons are sold in the cash shop.

Arinzal
03-19-2013, 12:11 AM
the one thing i don't like is no beer and randomly entering a group and wakeing up with regrets from sleeping with a irathian woman.

ironhands
03-19-2013, 07:51 AM

Nobody's blaming the consoles, they're upset that in many cases there's no effort made on the part of the producers to make use of the additional power of the PCs they're running on. In many cases, it requires very little effort to add the options for improved anti-aliasing, shaders, etc, especially when it's coming from an xbox. One of the best examples of this is the Dark Souls port from last year. Excellent game, but 0 effort on the part of the studio to improve the quality. Some of the 3rd party patches to improve it have even been disabled by an update to the main game, some think deliberately. We're not asking for improved textures and models for the most part, just the option to change the render settings in most cases. Defiance already looks decent, so it's not a big deal in this case.

I'm extremely butthurt that Destiny hasn't been announced for the PC. I'm pretty sure it will be released at some point, it's still a long way off. Being jealous of exclusives really has nothing to do with console ports not enabling enhanced PC features though.

ironhands
03-19-2013, 08:27 AM
First let me say I'm an Xbox man. But I can honestly say that PC Gamers definitely have consoles locked out of the modding side of gaming. They get so many more options for games. New skins alone make the measly options available to console gamers look like crap. Plus most of the time most of these options are either free or customizable for them. Where as us console gamers get a limited selection and have to pay for these features. On top of that they usually get the updates to their games well ahead of console gamers. In the scope of things us console gamers may be getting some cool features upfront but in the long run I see the PC gamers gaining new features and options sooner than the rest of us. So try not to rub the few gizmos we're getting now in their face because it won't be long before they get some awesome new option that will never make its way to the xbox marketplace.

You're exactly right, and that's why I prefer PC games, look at most games Bethesda produces, the amount of Skyrim, Oblivion, and Fallout 3/New Vegas mods is astonishing!

PC users usually get more updates, because they don't require authorization by the console makers - an interview with the XCOM devs stated this, and with PC, since there's so much varying hardware, you'll need to patch small issues to deal with those differences all the time, you can't make something perfect when there are limitless hardware options out there. Look at the original Deus Ex, there's still mods being made to improve the quality a decade later, unfortunately you don't get that on console. What you do get, is an extremely stable environment, and consistent gameplay, and the freedom to not have to worry about installation issues, upgrading hardware, and getting the hardware at a lower cost and still having games look great. They're very different experiences, you can't compare them as easily as you might compare the 360 to the PS3, especially when you can't play certain types of games on a console that you could on a PC.

ironhands
03-19-2013, 08:51 AM
I don't like the fact that there will weapons in the cash shop/micro-transaction shop. That right there spells pay2win for me, and a dev can not say the game isn't pay2win if weapons are sold in the cash shop.

some of the weapons are likely just cosmetic changes, or alternate versions/functions of ones that already exist. Some could be better, but there's no reason to speculate that the weapons available are definitely superior to ones currently available. That being said, the ones available that would be equal, or superior, at no cost, may be difficult to acquire. Planetside 2 and Dust 514 do have weapons/classes available as unlocks via the pay store, but none are directly superior to anything you can achieve through regular play, it's just a shortcut. Hopefully they do not provide an obvious advantage, but until we can actually see what's available both free and paid, we can't really be certain of anything.