PDA

View Full Version : Devs anyone please help!!! Defiance Deluxe Edition Upgrade Download $39.99

Babydoll
04-17-2013, 07:37 AM
Arktech. Some die for it - everyone kills for it. Join a futuristic online open-world shooter where thousands of players scour a transformed Earth competing for alien technology. Get access to exclusive items such as the HYDRA rocket launcher as well as a 30-Day XP boost with the Deluxe Edition that will help you survive the massive battles that await.

Now dose this include the Ark Tech Armor like the $99 Collectors Edition? I want to know before I buy the upgrade.

http://www.ebgames.com/ps3/dlc/defiance-deluxe-edition-upgrade/108902

Stick
04-17-2013, 07:40 AM
Arktech. Some die for it - everyone kills for it. Join a futuristic online open-world shooter where thousands of players scour a transformed Earth competing for alien technology. Get access to exclusive items such as the HYDRA rocket launcher as well as a 30-Day XP boost with the Deluxe Edition that will help you survive the massive battles that await.

Now dose this include the Ark Tech Armor like the $99 Collectors Edition? I want to know before I buy the upgrade.

http://www.ebgames.com/ps3/dlc/defiance-deluxe-edition-upgrade/108902

While its not very well explained on the EB games site, this is more than likely NOT a standalone of the game and you need to also buy the base edition before buying this one in order for it to work. They have the same sort of thing with their other MMO Rift. You can buy the base game and than upgrade to the different collectors editions later on if you so desire. Hope that clears things up a little.

ten4
04-17-2013, 07:41 AM
You know what is funny, if I could upgrade my standard edition to delux just for those buffs: I think I would save money. LOL. Have to look into that.

DeMoted
04-17-2013, 07:43 AM
Don't do it!!! Buy the regular game first you might not like it. Don't waste the money!!!

Babydoll
04-17-2013, 07:56 AM
Don't do it!!! Buy the regular game first you might not like it. Don't waste the money!!!

I have the pre-order edition from gamestop so I have the Red Challenger, but all this Ark Hunter Camo gear has me wanting the armor that was only included in the Collectors and Ultimate Edition. I seen the upgrade, but it only said Hydra Cannon. I just want to confirm the Armor. Can any confirm the armor as part of the upgrade from download?

Cutlass Jack
04-17-2013, 08:05 AM

Kind of. It includes everything you would get if you had ordered the deluxe from the start. Including the Ark infiltrator armor. However the armor you get isn't really the Red suit you see in the ads. Its a brown cammo version instead. This is supposedly a bug, and supposedly will be fixed at some undefined point in the future. But what should be an easy fix still hasn't happened yet, so be warned before you spend your money to get it.

Babydoll
04-17-2013, 08:21 AM
Kind of. It includes everything you would get if you had ordered the deluxe from the start. Including the Ark infiltrator armor. However the armor you get isn't really the Red suit you see in the ads. Its a brown cammo version instead. This is supposedly a bug, and supposedly will be fixed at some undefined point in the future. But what should be an easy fix still hasn't happened yet, so be warned before you spend your money to get it.

Ive seen the camo version and I like it more compared to what the red armor looks like on the box. Ive already finished up the main story and all the side missions. Im just looking to get the upgraded package, but want to make sure that armor and helm are incuded. I bought the black and purple version of the suite already and have one feat left on the scap works co-op to unlock the helm so

Cutlass Jack
04-17-2013, 08:32 AM
Well if you're buying it specifically for Cammo, dont be surprised if it gets turned to red as advertised.

micro monsta
04-26-2013, 07:52 AM
GM Kazaruth: The Red armor was changed to a cammo pattern before the game launched, but the picture on the site was not updated. I apologize for any confusion.

copy paste from live support.

Pyth
04-26-2013, 07:54 AM
What's the point of having an outfit when everybody is a black dude in a sweater vest anyways?

Tgreen
04-26-2013, 08:30 AM
What's the point of having an outfit when everybody is a black dude in a sweater vest anyways?

Trion should give a statment how their game depicts sex changes in such a frequent manner.
One second it's a woman, next a dude and then back to a woman ... I'm confused about this.
This is an upheaval of everything I know about gender. : (

EdgeTW
04-26-2013, 08:44 AM
GM Kazaruth: The Red armor was changed to a cammo pattern before the game launched, but the picture on the site was not updated. I apologize for any confusion.

According to Sledgehammer, the digi-brown camo armor is incorrect and we should have received the red and black armor that was pictured on the site. He passed the complaint on to the platform team and we're just waiting on them to fix it.

Why do GM's just pull stuff out of the air like that? If they don't know the right answer, they should just say "I don't know, but let me find out..".

Indolo
04-26-2013, 08:49 AM

Hope Sledge is right and Kazaruth is wrong. I bought the deluxe specifically for the red. If it's not as advertised, I basically got scammed out of $40.