PDA

View Full Version : Shield Stats Question

Shurengyla
04-17-2013, 08:44 AM
A wiki linked in another post is down so I could not go look there for the answer. If this needs moved please do so.

There are many comments on Shield preferences but none really explain what the stats do. Some people seem to imply that HP regeneration is part of the Shield itself but, the way the stats on the Shield are worded doesn't imply that to me. Here is what I took from the stats on the Shields.

Capacity : Damage Shield Can take
Recharge/Sec : Percentage of Shield regen per second
Recharge Delay : Shield Regen Delay

Do I have it right?

If "Recharge/Sec" is the amount of shield Regen per second then 10% would be the slowest shield regen and would take ten seconds to recharge the Shield. 40% is close enough to 50% that it would take aprox 2 seconds to regenerate full Shields.

Does HP regenerate irrespective of the Shield at a constant rate? Does it only happen when your shield is fully charged? Which stats or perks increase the rate that HP regenerates?

bluelixardz
04-17-2013, 09:12 AM
You pretty much have it right. I'd like to point out that the recharge delay is how many seconds before the shield will start to recharge at whatever percentage is there.

Recharge delay is affected by cloak. When entering cloak your shield will immediately start to recharge. This is very useful and lets people with cloak use the High Shield capacity with Quickish Recharge/Sec and the 10 second delay very effectively.

For PvE it's best IMHO to have a ~1k shield ~40% recharge/sec and delay of ~3 sec.

For PvP it's going to be based on your combat style and personal preferences so you'll have to play around to see what you like.

Shima
04-17-2013, 09:26 AM
Healthy only regens when the shield is full (in my experience at any rate). I think there is at least one perk that can modify that, but I don't know that it changes it to have constant regen.

Lindrei
04-17-2013, 10:15 AM
The Perk Regeneration (http://ca.ign.com/wikis/defiance/Regeneration) lets you regen 3% of your health at all times this can be boosted with health regen on shields (I have no idea why its labeled as a Blur perk when it is closest to Decoy).