PDA

View Full Version : Shot Guns are NOT a Problem

EnabrimGFC
04-17-2013, 09:12 AM
Shot Guns are suppose to be a powerful close range weapons and they are. The problem is the Cloak Ego Power. It makes your character almost completely invisible, has a long duration with a short cooldown and causes shields to regenerate on activation. When this Ego Power is paired with a shot gun, players can close distance too often / easily and have their offense and defense increased too much.

If cloak had a longer cooldown in and only regenerated a portion of the users shields , I think all of the crying about shot guns would stop, and it would be more in line with the other ego powers.

Thoughts?

axio
04-17-2013, 09:15 AM
i agree with you, my thougt is that they should remove sprint... or something similar. i can easily avoid bullets when sprinting. that's insane, for ppl that wanna run they can use blur.

Xtheoneandonly
04-17-2013, 09:16 AM
Cloak isn't really an issue at all either. By the nature of it, you can still fairly easily see cloaked enemies at anything closer than sniper range. Guns and powers on their own are not an issue at all. What people have an issue with is how people that are more fluent with the game and stacking combine their guns, powers, and perks to massive effect.

shotgunEX
04-17-2013, 09:19 AM
Shotguns* every gun is a shot gun. Lol

xXChromeGhostXx
04-17-2013, 09:25 AM
Cloak isn't really an issue at all either. By the nature of it, you can still fairly easily see cloaked enemies at anything closer than sniper range. Guns and powers on their own are not an issue at all. What people have an issue with is how people that are more fluent with the game and stacking combine their guns, powers, and perks to massive effect.

No the issue is the sad little kids that play this PvP ( why i stay out of it anyways ) but they play it like CoD. AHAHHA I'M IN A CORNER INVIIIIIIIISIBLE BWUAHAHA I SHOOT YOU FROM CORNER AN RUN TO ANOTHER ONE INNNVIIIIISSSSIIBLEE ... It's worse than pathetic halo jumpers, PvP is not for an MMO leave that to the garbage makers of CoD.

Cutlass Jack
04-17-2013, 09:27 AM
Guns are not the problem. Getting hit with guns is the problem.

Aimeri
04-17-2013, 09:31 AM
None of these are the problem any more. Hacks are the problem. Sucks getting sniped with a shotgun from way too far away.

Zerias
04-17-2013, 09:37 AM
... wow... this thread gave me flashbacks to Planetside players whining that they couldn't take on an Anti-Infantry MAX Armor with a pistol or their empire specific SMG.

I get the impression that quite a few new players to Defiance never played the original Planetside, much less any actual skill based FPS such as Unreal Tournament or Quake. So, for the benefit of the newer generation of players who grew up thinking that playing Call of Duty and Battlefield somehow qualified themselves as gamers...

Here's a big hint: Weapon and Power combinations are a *HUGE* factor in skill based games.

Defiance gives you the option of having multiple characters, as well as the ability to have multiple EGO powers as you rise in EGO Power. Learning which weapons complement or augment each specific power is... get this... PART OF THE GAME.

Incidentally, I believe this is also why Defiance has Weapon Loadouts: Loadouts allow players to quickly swap weapons, shields, grenades, and even vehicles to handle different scenarios. If you know there is a cloaker scampering around grab a loadout with a Bio-splash grenade, a high defense shield, and some kind of AOE damage weapon. Really: Not that hard to adapt and learn a new strategy.

EnabrimGFC
04-17-2013, 09:38 AM
Shotguns* every gun is a shot gun. Lol

LOL pro spell check thanks

DeMoted
04-17-2013, 09:39 AM
People not being good at games and also people not knowing how to counter stealth.

Thoughts?

Yes I agree 100%

requiem4hvywht
04-17-2013, 09:44 AM
You sir are a freaking whiner! What are they supposed to do let you shoot them. The real problem is you are a mediocre to poor pvp player. I haven't had any problem with people using either or both. I use cloak but it hasn't prevented me from being killed. Either put your big boy pants on you big baby or go back to hunting AI controlled cannon fodder.

KuroSaru
04-17-2013, 09:45 AM
When you cross FPS and MMO together, those who like PVP expect it to be like WoW, those who like FPS expect it to be like COD. so quickly you got two groups of people who should never interact. Added to the fact most playing are like myself, completely unaware of the best tactics to take against situations as they happen. I can only hope things slowly resolve themselves as the game and community matures.

Kingmoo
04-17-2013, 10:06 AM
So cloak and sprint make this game a little different than the pvp you're comfortable with?

I think this pvp is not for you

EnabrimGFC
04-17-2013, 10:07 AM

all nonsense. I never see it coming.

DeMoted
04-17-2013, 10:14 AM
all nonsense. I never see it coming.

I never see things coming when my eyes are closed also.

Darkfyre
04-17-2013, 10:17 AM

this. /10chars

Badblade
04-17-2013, 10:19 AM
No the issue is the sad little kids that play this PvP ( why i stay out of it anyways ) but they play it like CoD. AHAHHA I'M IN A CORNER INVIIIIIIIISIBLE BWUAHAHA I SHOOT YOU FROM CORNER AN RUN TO ANOTHER ONE INNNVIIIIISSSSIIBLEE ... It's worse than pathetic halo jumpers, PvP is not for an MMO leave that to the garbage makers of CoD.

I sort of agree with most of what you say. Only comment Id make is that Defiance is 75% Shooter and 25% MMO. The console platform is poison for any sort of social interaction unless you are mic'ed. Defiance is a shooter first, and I feel that as a shooter, it needs PVP. It just needs better PVP. No HALO Hopping. Decrease damage of shottys through harsher falloff. Better spawning mechanics (like spawn on ally... not random spawn location).

Just MHO

EnabrimGFC
04-17-2013, 10:23 AM
I never see things coming when my eyes are closed also.

I think the real issue is my braille computer screen. I just can't react quickly enough.

ALVn
04-17-2013, 10:26 AM
This thread is jokes.. That is all.

Scorcher
04-17-2013, 10:49 AM
funny part is that people I run into spray shotguns but they cant hit **** with speed boost perks active... it's pathetic