PDA

View Full Version : Anyone tried Dust 514 beta yet?

pricey007
03-16-2013, 11:02 AM
I downloaded it today and spent half hour staring at it. Seemed like a lot to take in!

Was wondering how much the Free to Play business model forced you into uprgrading your armour/weapons etc

Anyone? :-)

Paladin
03-16-2013, 11:10 AM
I downloaded it today and spent half hour staring at it. Seemed like a lot to take in!

Was wondering how much the Free to Play business model forced you into uprgrading your armour/weapons etc

Anyone? :-)
Stopped after it taunted me.

pricey007
03-16-2013, 11:12 AM
Stopped after it taunted me.

Ha fair enough. I'll actually try to start it tomorrow but I was just intrigued about the hidden cost. That's why I like the Defiance price model.

TurkeyDinner
03-17-2013, 03:41 PM
I play from time to time. Its pretty good. I advise you find which weapon class you like most and lvl in that class. dont spread your points out over a wide verity of skills.

pricey007
03-18-2013, 04:56 AM
Ok. Going for it now :-)

pricey007
03-18-2013, 05:28 AM
I play from time to time. Its pretty good. I advise you find which weapon class you like most and lvl in that class. dont spread your points out over a wide verity of skills.

Man, the controls seem far too light! That and everyone is seriously levelled already!

Lucid
03-18-2013, 11:47 AM
I was all excited when I got my beta invite email... then I realized I didn't pay close enough attention when signing up to notice it was PS3 only... I was very unhappy.

ironhands
03-18-2013, 12:10 PM
Was considering buying a PS3 for it, but I'm broke. Shame it's PS3 only, but that's what Planetside 2's for :P

SRod1706
03-18-2013, 12:13 PM
I tried it for a while. I am sure they tweaked it, but I did not like the idea of not being able to buy permanent items. So you buy the top armor and top gun or whatever. You spawn and a minute later you are killed before you even see the guy. Well you just lost everything you had on you. Hope you bought more than one of each. Well at least the items are cheap....for each one. The problem is that no matter how you do in each match, it does not change how much you get at the end much. In the end you do not seem to make enough to keep your favorite loadout all the time. You have to switch back and forth between lower and higher ones.

Again. That is the way it was at first. I gave up after about a month.

pricey007
03-18-2013, 12:23 PM
I tried it for a while. I am sure they tweaked it, but I did not like the idea of not being able to buy permanent items. So you buy the top armor and top gun or whatever. You spawn and a minute later you are killed before you even see the guy. Well you just lost everything you had on you. Hope you bought more than one of each. Well at least the items are cheap....for each one. The problem is that no matter how you do in each match, it does not change how much you get at the end much. In the end you do not seem to make enough to keep your favorite loadout all the time. You have to switch back and forth between lower and higher ones.

Again. That is the way it was at first. I gave up after about a month.

That's exactly how I see it. The lack of permenant items is beyond frustrating. Think I'm going to leave it .