PDA

View Full Version : Is hotshot: Moonshine Shack bugged?

Snowranger19
04-17-2013, 09:37 AM
I really dunno... it seems to randomly cancel in the middle of it.. I made it to bronze without it canceling. Not really sure what I am supposed to do?

Kommissar Kaede
04-17-2013, 09:40 AM
You might be running out of ammo. The challenge in it is to constantly be killing enemies, and picking up ammo they drop. All while staying alive.

Hiero Glyph
04-17-2013, 09:44 AM
Pro Tip: Use the Scavenger perk.

Snowranger19
04-17-2013, 09:46 AM
I could have sworn I was reloading when it canceled on my bronze run.. is there a timer in between kills?

You might be running out of ammo. The challenge in it is to constantly be killing enemies, and picking up ammo they drop. All while staying alive.

Akataras
04-17-2013, 09:48 AM
Another Pro Tip: Aim.

:P

Seriously though, the game has its fair share of bugs, but there are plenty of ways to incidentally cancel a Hotshot challenge. Like others have said, running out of ammo is an easy way to do it, same with your health dropping to zero, if you aren't quick on your feet, the enemies can build up rather quickly and no amount of cover will save you if they swarm. I recommend the Escape Artist perk for when your shield breaks while running this particular challenge. It can let you get to cover more quickly or blitz enemies that are an immediate threat to you. As its a shotgun challenge, range is everything, the faster you can get close to your enemies, the quicker you can wipe them out. Hope this helped. <3

Bored Peon
04-17-2013, 10:58 AM
If you pay attention the abrupt end is usually caused by running out of ammo.

Sometimes you get screwed on ammo drops and run out before any mobs even drop ammo.

Sajin
04-17-2013, 11:00 AM
Heh I'm stuck on this one as well...last one I need to silver before moving to San Fran... Ill try the scavenger perk...and aiming xP

Bored Peon
04-17-2013, 11:12 AM
The easiet trick is to run behind the truck and the two shacks to give yourself cover to regen shields. This also allows them to pile up for better multipliers.

Also keep in mind the rocket raider is worht a lot more points. They should also be a priority target due to their damage.

Snowranger19
04-17-2013, 12:20 PM
I tried that.. hmm.. I got so close but when the shotgun raiders with shields show up its game over..

This one is frustrating me more than the chicken one!

The easiet trick is to run behind the truck and the two shacks to give yourself cover to regen shields. This also allows them to pile up for better multipliers.

Also keep in mind the rocket raider is worht a lot more points. They should also be a priority target due to their damage.

Bored Peon
04-17-2013, 01:07 PM
Well worse comes to worse, respec and change your perks for the task.

Grab yourself the reduced damage taken when shields break, the overall damage reduction, increased health, and the health regeneration perks.

Snowranger19
04-17-2013, 01:21 PM
Haz already. I think its just that I never use shotguns and my skill is... 0

Well worse comes to worse, respec and change your perks for the task.

Grab yourself the reduced damage taken when shields break, the overall damage reduction, increased health, and the health regeneration perks.

Hiten
04-17-2013, 01:44 PM
Also, there's no timer on this one. At the very start, rush around the house and murder the first 5 or 10 guys. As they run out from their spawns, you can double kill a lot of them (giving you more ammo than you spend if you can pull it off). Then, camp behind the two electrical boxes or w/e, near the start. Pop out every 5s or so to get a kill or two and keep the multiplier up. Pop back into cover, recharge shield (use a Rebel or a Respark for quick charging), pop back out, kill a guy or two. Rinse and repeat until you Silver/Gold the event. Took me a while to figure this out but it was easy once I did.

Snowranger19
04-17-2013, 02:15 PM
I gave up.. the guys with the shields either kill me or waste my ammo. First pursuit I have had to give up on :(

Also, there's no timer on this one. At the very start, rush around the house and murder the first 5 or 10 guys. As they run out from their spawns, you can double kill a lot of them (giving you more ammo than you spend if you can pull it off). Then, camp behind the two electrical boxes or w/e, near the start. Pop out every 5s or so to get a kill or two and keep the multiplier up. Pop back into cover, recharge shield (use a Rebel or a Respark for quick charging), pop back out, kill a guy or two. Rinse and repeat until you Silver/Gold the event. Took me a while to figure this out but it was easy once I did.

Hiero Glyph
04-17-2013, 02:17 PM
I gave up.. the guys with the shields either kill me or waste my ammo. First pursuit I have had to give up on :(

For shields, hit them squarely with the first shot to stun them and finish them with the second. Also, I'd highly suggest using the Scavenger and Regeneration perks.

Hiten
04-17-2013, 02:36 PM

Shield guys are easy. Melee them once to stun them (they will lower their shield). Pump them full of lead. Profit.

-OR-

Simply ignore them. There are other targets in this hotshot (lots!), Shield guys are sloooooow, and will really only shoot at you if you are very close to them, as they use Sawed Offs (I believe).

Hope this helps.

Snowranger19
04-17-2013, 04:02 PM
Wha..

I used this and actually worked.. Finally got it. Never even though of just ignoring them..

Thanks for all the tips guys <3

Shield guys are easy. Melee them once to stun them (they will lower their shield). Pump them full of lead. Profit.

-OR-

Simply ignore them. There are other targets in this hotshot (lots!), Shield guys are sloooooow, and will really only shoot at you if you are very close to them, as they use Sawed Offs (I believe).

Hope this helps.

Legedric
04-17-2013, 10:56 PM
This challenge is driving me nuts... as far as I know Melee is (as ally our other abilities) deactivated, so punshing the Raider Rioters is not an option.

I will check it with the scavenger perk today and see what I can do with it.

toffeecreme
06-03-2013, 12:55 PM
im having problems with this, always seem to end the event by saying i got incapacitated, however i had full health, shield and loads of ammo, i also had 15xbonus so no idea what is going on.