PDA

View Full Version : Blown away by all the extra content...

Spencley
04-17-2013, 09:48 AM
Or the lack of it... When can we expect it? Due to the numerous bugs myself and many others are now at the point of no reason to log in, Cannot farm rep, cannot farm key codes (repeating coop missions gets incredibly boring and very easy)...

Looks like the game is going to be log in for an hour or 2 every 2 weeks to do the episode missions...

Rend
04-17-2013, 09:54 AM
Looks like the game is going to be log in for an hour or 2 every 2 weeks to do the episode missions...

Which sounds like massive fun.

hardy83
04-17-2013, 09:55 AM
At what point did peoples attention span for entertainment become that of a goldfish?

Festival
04-17-2013, 09:57 AM
Personally, I'm still at a stage where just driving around and running random stuff I encounter is still fun. That won't last forever and I hope the content pipeline starts flowing faster, too...but for Trio to prioritize bug fixes and other refinements right now makes sense. Still a lot of bug hunting (both the dev kind and the kind my character does...) to do.

xSSx Ceksy
04-17-2013, 10:01 AM
Adding more content? They are! By fixing the currently broken content lol

Zewks
04-17-2013, 10:05 AM
The bugs and glitches are what get in the way of my fun. I enjoy the gameplay, when those things arent keeping me from playing.

DeMoted
04-17-2013, 10:09 AM
Get off your knees then and you won't be "Blowin" shyt.

Darkfyre
04-17-2013, 10:23 AM
Or the lack of it... When can we expect it? Due to the numerous bugs myself and many others are now at the point of no reason to log in, Cannot farm rep, cannot farm key codes (repeating coop missions gets incredibly boring and very easy)...

I think they held back on the promised extra content because they were finding out that they had so many bugs and other issues to deal with first.

fishboy11
04-17-2013, 10:24 AM
I think they held back on the promised extra content because they were finding out that they had so many bugs and other issues to deal with first.

i dont think so at all, there is no new content, those crappy pursuits are it.

Erei
04-17-2013, 10:24 AM
Basically you complain about the lack of content, and in the same post, bugs.
But when they try to fix bugs (last patch), you complain.
I'm pretty sure if they added content instead, you would have complain to.

BTW, they added 2 new pursuits, with new emergencies. It's not much, but it's still new content. You probably just forget to mention it.

Rhorge
04-17-2013, 10:28 AM
Well, no shtako friend. This is a patch not a DLC.

Warkaiser
04-17-2013, 10:30 AM

Guess it needs to be explained... again. The episode stuff isnt going to be the main content. Its going to be pretty small stuff that over the entire season (several months) will total up to a decent bit of content. But the majority of new content, our main storyline in the game, any new features, new enemies, new areas, etc are going to be through the DLC packs. We havent gotten the 1st DLC yet. Come back and whine after that some more about how you dont like this or that so it doesnt exist as content.

Jokkl
04-17-2013, 10:33 AM

Yeah. As if anyone would expect new stuff with a patch in a MMO. Crazy if you ask me.

DeMoted
04-17-2013, 10:39 AM
Yeah. As if anyone would expect new stuff with a patch in a MMO. Crazy if you ask me.

Don't know if you were being sarcastic but most people don't expect new stuff... They do however expect **** to be fixed.

Cropcord
04-17-2013, 10:39 AM
Doomed I say!!! you have people *****ing about content, and people *****ing about bugs. You have people *****ing about weapons needing to be nerfed and you have people *****ing because they were nerfed. Trion will end up trying to appease too many complaints in the end and this game will be ruined. It's damned if you do and damned if you don't

Zewks
04-17-2013, 10:41 AM

Im curious, they mentioned weeks ago that this patch had over 8 pages of patch notes.
I read the patch notes. Thats not anywhere near 8 pages. What happened to all the changes and fixes they promised?
Why are all the SAME things broken in the game still despite the patch?
Why are there even more NEW broken things in the game after the patch?
Why are things they said they fixed in the patch notes, still not fixed?

Seems like the quality, professional work we got from Trion with Rift was based entirely on a different group of developers and leads. Because judging by Defiances current state, none of them actually have worked on this game.

Rhorge
04-17-2013, 10:45 AM
Im curious, they mentioned weeks ago that this patch had over 8 pages of patch notes.
I read the patch notes. Thats not anywhere near 8 pages. What happened to all the changes and fixes they promised?

Well, the patchnotes we get are very simplified. It's possible that the fully expanded patchnotes are 8 pages, but there is no way to know as Trion did not post them anywhere, which I think they should have.

IGears
04-17-2013, 10:48 AM

Seems like the quality, professional work we got from Trion with Rift was based entirely on a different group of developers and leads. Because judging by Defiances current state, none of them actually have worked on this game.

well it was a huge patch none the less... took me 3 hours to download at almost 3 MB/S on the Patcher download speed.

Sajin
04-17-2013, 10:51 AM

We receive new content. Servers die. Week later it's back to /normal/ then repeat.

Darkfyre
04-17-2013, 10:53 AM

I know that. That's what I said "they held back on the new content"

Warkaiser
04-17-2013, 10:56 AM

The 8 page complaint again. Must have missed the 50 times its already been posted. Go ahead and copy the entire list of patch notes. Paste it into a word document using the standard settings. OMG its a freaking miracle! 7 - 8 pages.

If you expected 8 forum pages of patch notes..... wow. Just wow.

Some stuff is still broken after a patch? OMGWTF why didnt they fix every issue in the entire game with a single patch like every other game ever has done!

You must be new to these things. Welcome to the world of MMOs.

ALVn
04-17-2013, 10:58 AM
well it was a huge patch none the less... took me 3 hours to download at almost 3 MB/S on the Patcher download speed.

Took me about 10 minutes.

They werent added content in this patch primarily.. But it has come of worse.. No incentive to do emergencies.. More bugs.. Emergencies added that I FOR ONE cannot find.. Persuits that cant be completed.. (Y)

Im kinda glad in a way that i had to wait for my UE.. Cause im still in the top half of the map a week in :)

Zewks
04-17-2013, 12:07 PM
Some stuff is still broken after a patch? OMGWTF why didnt they fix every issue in the entire game with a single patch like every other game ever has done!

You must be new to these things. Welcome to the world of MMOs.

Responses like this come from someone who would say the same thing if it were just 1 thing still broken after the patch, or 1 million things still broken after the patch. The total lack of perspective is what makes responses like this totally ambiguous and irrelevant. If you cant distinguish the difference between a good patch and a bad patch just because no mmo patch has ever fixed everything, then your comment really is nothing more than a public display of your apathetic view of how the devs handle the game, and treat their customers.

Raikon
04-17-2013, 12:22 PM

Tiresome now these posts tbh.
If you dont like it, were not holding a gun to your head to keep playing.
If you expect an MMO to be 100% perfect at launch with no problems and everything perfect then your in cloud cuckoo land.
For Gods sake the "DADDY" of them all ,WoW is 8 years old and still has problems, some major.
So do as the title says, because the Defiance community will in the long term be better off without the petty whiners.:mad:

Ninno20
04-17-2013, 12:26 PM
Basically you complain about the lack of content, and in the same post, bugs.
But when they try to fix bugs (last patch), you complain.
I'm pretty sure if they added content instead, you would have complain to.

BTW, they added 2 new pursuits, with new emergencies. It's not much, but it's still new content. You probably just forget to mention it.

Exactly, even an extra mission to do is much more then other console games give between DLC.... Why? because most games give nothing except when it is DLC.... once every 3 months or so. People must think there the son of a king and deserve to be waited on hand and foot.

"The customer is always right.... and very very crazy".

Malkari
04-17-2013, 12:29 PM

Odd, took me about 30 minutes including optimization on a 2mbs connection.