PDA

View Full Version : XBOX 360 voice chat. proximity clarification

Major Nelson
03-16-2013, 12:27 PM
I watched a youtube video by IGN saying that vicinity chat wasnt an option due to the fact of people screaming in the mic. and other members are saying that there is vicinity chat now and said that it was confirmed in a video last night by gamespot. is this true?

Zalm
03-16-2013, 12:32 PM
Trost said that there would be vicinity chat in this interview..I gotta watch so I will edit the time frame in which he said it.

http://www.gamespot.com/shows/now-playing/?event=defiance-20130315

He says that there will be chat options and begins talking about them at about 15:30 in the video, and around 16:30 it ends. During this time, the interviewer says someone on the twitch chat is helping out and answering questions, some guy named StickyChief. Apparently this guy said there would be Clan(aka guilds) chat channels, Radius(aka proximity), Team chat and as well as text chat. Trost not only confirmed this by saying 'Exactly' but he even thanks the guy on the stream chat.

By this standard, proximity chat is confirmed.

Major Nelson
03-16-2013, 12:36 PM
Trost said that there would be vicinity chat in this interview..I gotta watch so I will edit the time frame in which he said it.

http://www.gamespot.com/shows/now-playing/?event=defiance-20130315

He says that there will be chat options and begins talking about them at about 15:30 in the video, and around 16:30 it ends. During this time, the interviewer says someone on the twitch chat is helping out and answering questions, some guy named StickyChief. Apparently this guy said there would be Clan(aka guilds) chat channels, Radius(aka proximity), Team chat and as well as text chat. Trost not only confirmed this by saying 'Exactly' but he even thanks the guy on the stream chat.

By this standard, proximity chat is confirmed.

do you have a youtube link? (im on xbox version of internet explorer which doesnt have flash for alot of websites) thanks

Zalm
03-16-2013, 12:36 PM
uh...no, and I dont know if they have one, but I'll dig around a bit.

Wait.....does youtube work on IE on xbox? I thought ie was terrible and didnt work...

Major Nelson
03-16-2013, 12:44 PM
yea it works but many websites need flash for videos and that is where i have issues but many somehow have flash that xbox can run its almost as if xbox sponsors some of them to run

Buruko
03-16-2013, 12:46 PM
yea it works but many websites need flash for videos and that is where i have issues but many somehow have flash that xbox can run its almost as if xbox sponsors some of them to run

Actually YouTube works on the Xbox IE browser cause it supports HTML5 and YouTube has compressed HTML5 content as well as Flash. The Xbox IE browser does not support Flash at all but most video content providers are catching up and moving to HTML5 cause it is almost Universally Browser supported and does not require a plugin.

Major Nelson
03-20-2013, 10:28 AM
test to see if uploads occured

Infinite Eureka
03-20-2013, 10:37 AM
test to see if uploads occurred

I like how your Username is major nelson, that is funny.

But I also do believe that there is in-game voice, or at least I hope so, talking to only 8 people at a time would be quite annoying, especially if you have to switch parties with a total of 30 guild members, there should also be in-game text chat support if I am not mistaken.

Radz
03-20-2013, 11:39 AM

But I also do believe that there is in-game voice, or at least I hope so, talking to only 8 people at a time would be quite annoying, especially if you have to switch parties with a total of 30 guild members, there should also be in-game text chat support if I am not mistaken.

I'm more concerned with having to listen to EVERYONE in an area or server. If it's narrowed down to people I could actually hear that close in real life, I can deal with that.

Zalm
03-20-2013, 11:43 AM
I'm more concerned with having to listen to EVERYONE in an area or server. If it's narrowed down to people I could actually hear that close in real life, I can deal with that.

Its proximity, but were not sure what the range is. As you approach, you hear them, as you leave,, or they leave, you stop hearing them. I also suppose they might have it to where if your on clan/guild chat, or party chat, you stop hearing nearby randoms. I like to hope that the prox chat is kinda like Planetside 2 where you can change the volume, the distance as well as who all you hear.

Major Nelson
03-20-2013, 11:50 AM
Its proximity, but were not sure what the range is. As you approach, you hear them, as you leave,, or they leave, you stop hearing them. I also suppose they might have it to where if your on clan/guild chat, or party chat, you stop hearing nearby randoms. I like to hope that the prox chat is kinda like Planetside 2 where you can change the volume, the distance as well as who all you hear.

its :rolleyes:probably:rolleyes: about the sze of a minor arkfall if you have played the game yet

Zalm
03-20-2013, 11:52 AM
its :rolleyes:probably:rolleyes: about the sze of a minor arkfall if you have played the game yet

havent played, seen plenty of video, so I understand the reference. If it is, thats a good small distance, so you dont hear people half way across the map.

elquietone
03-20-2013, 12:09 PM
I'll just be keeping my chat on party chat and texting to those I'm not chatting with.. By party I mean dashboard/ingame only.. No area chat lol, as I don't intend to listen to 50 pre-pubescent teens, screaming in the mic's thinking they are cool by just making annoying noises. uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa... Leroy Jenkins!! :mad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cWUa9kT4QA <------ this is what I mean. (not leroy video)

Major Nelson
03-20-2013, 12:31 PM

major nelson is the gamertag of larry hyrb who is a xbox developer and is famous for his gamertag and i snatched before somebody
else did but thankyou

Major Nelson
03-20-2013, 12:35 PM
I'll just be keeping my chat on party chat and texting to those I'm not chatting with.. By party I mean dashboard/ingame only.. No area chat lol, as I don't intend to listen to 50 pre-pubescent teens, screaming in the mic's thinking they are cool by just making annoying noises. uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa... Leroy Jenkins!! :mad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cWUa9kT4QA <------ this is what I mean. (not leroy video)

i watched that video... i know know the meaning of life...