PDA

View Full Version : Trion is a great company?

Crushdaddy
04-17-2013, 10:23 AM
Thats all I been hearing since I bought this game. But thats not what im seeing. This company can't even make a patch that actually works. The patch they came out with yesterday made things worst. Got to reload your weapon 5 times before you can fire it, perks dissappearing off your class, arkfallls you complete and nothing happens, the crystals dont blow up and you dont get any rewards. xbox keeps freezing now since after the patch. I havnt seen anything that makes me think Trion is a great company. I keep hearing how they're on top of things, but I dont see much improvement. I see things getting worst.

N3gativeCr33p
04-17-2013, 10:25 AM
Nice QQ thread pause not. Try playing another MMO, and see how long it takes some of those patches to get fixed with a subsequent hot fix. You won't be singing the same kind of tune.

FattyMcG33
04-17-2013, 10:28 AM
Nice QQ thread pause not. Try playing another MMO, and see how long it takes some of those patches to get fixed with a subsequent hot fix. You won't be singing the same kind of tune.

This.

Play something from Blizzard and come back and let us know how issues were handled, and how long it took.

gryste
04-17-2013, 10:37 AM
So you think patches fix everything . Hate to burst your bubble but in a mmo patches always cause more problems than they solve. Just wait till the first dlc comes out. If you haven't played a mmo with an expansion on expansion launch day ( oh boy ) . Trust me it will make you pick up your console and throw it out your window .

SN4kEDoCT0R
04-17-2013, 10:39 AM
Thats all I been hearing since I bought this game. But thats not what im seeing. This company can't even make a patch that actually works. The patch they came out with yesterday made things worst. Got to reload your weapon 5 times before you can fire it, perks dissappearing off your class, arkfallls you complete and nothing happens, the crystals dont blow up and you dont get any rewards. xbox keeps freezing now since after the patch. I havnt seen anything that makes me think Trion is a great company. I keep hearing how they're on top of things, but I dont see much improvement. I see things getting worst.

I have nothing but positive things to say about Trion. Just got done talking to their Live Support and they were extremely helpful. I encourage you to go to school and get a degree and create a better company if you're not impressed.

Crushdaddy
04-17-2013, 11:03 AM
I have nothing but positive things to say about Trion. Just got done talking to their Live Support and they were extremely helpful. I encourage you to go to school and get a degree and create a better company if you're not impressed.

Im not impressed at all. And going buy all of you, Trion is the best PC gaming has to offer. Im sure glad I never went the PC route.

Crushdaddy
04-17-2013, 11:06 AM
Ill keep my xbox, and my 2 to 16 player online gaming that actually works and I have fun all the time. Who wants or needs 10000 plus players online if the game stays broken 24 7, 7 days a week? I surly dont. Have fun with this GARRRRRRRBAGE

Bluesguy07
04-17-2013, 11:07 AM

The patch works great for me. I think you need to stop buying games once a year, and realize that all games aren't perfect. Actually, no games are perfect

Crushdaddy
04-17-2013, 11:30 AM
The patch works great for me. I think you need to stop buying games once a year, and realize that all games aren't perfect. Actually, no games are perfect

I buy all new games that come out on the xbox. And I know all games are not perfect. Ubisofts Ghost Recon Future Soldier online play was the worst online experience I had ever had on the xbox and the game itself was actually a great game. Just the online play was garrrrbage. Never thought id play another game as bad as that online play was until I bought this game. Oh and I just love how when you pay money for this game to get bonus XP and Skill for your guns, how the timer keeps ticking down even when you fall asleep..... LMFAO, Wont ever happen to me anymore. But you fanboys and girls keep on puckering up............Im trading this game in today and never looking back. Peace

Hiero Glyph
04-17-2013, 11:32 AM

While I agree that the OP's tone was a but ungrateful, I have to admit that the patch we were waiting to fix so many basic issues didn't really deliver. What is the point of pushing a patch out quickly if it doesn't really fix most of the issues that it says it does? At some point you have to admit that Trion really messed things up with this first patch and it will take them weeks more to fix not only what needs to be fixed, but what the patch further broke.

The end result is that the patch caused more harm than good, as now we are weeks behind in terms of scheduled content. Let's be honest here, the Episode 2 pursuits include a Capture & Hold match and will be removed on the 22nd... we still do not have a Capture and Hold map active in the game. I'm sorry but that is borderline inept behavior.

Bluesguy07
04-17-2013, 11:34 AM
I buy all new games that come out on the xbox. And I know all games are not perfect. Ubisofts Ghost Recon Future Soldier online play was the worst online experience I had ever had on the xbox and the game itself was actually a great game. Just the online play was garrrrbage. Never thought id play another game as bad as that online play was until I bought this game. Oh and I just love how when you pay money for this game to get bonus XP and Skill for your guns, how the timer keeps ticking down even when you fall asleep..... LMFAO, Wont ever happen to me anymore. But you fanboys and girls keep on puckering up............Im trading this game in today and never looking back. Peace

Good luck!

WrathPhoenix
04-17-2013, 11:56 AM
Im not impressed at all. And going buy all of you, Trion is the best PC gaming has to offer. Im sure glad I never went the PC route.

Yeah because bugs, crashes, outages, and other similar problems definitely never happen on console games.

Quebra Regra
04-17-2013, 11:56 AM

So the excuse for TRION's fail in each instance is that MMOs suck in general?

I've played plenty of MMOs.. we're into serious suck territory here. So then someone will say, but this is an XBOX MMO... To which I say "so it must suck?".

Suck = suck, excuses are just that.

Bluesguy07
04-17-2013, 11:58 AM
So the excuse for TRION's fail in each instance is that MMOs suck in general?

I've played plenty of MMOs.. we're into serious suck territory here. So then someone will say, but this is an XBOX MMO... To which I say "so it must suck?".

Suck = suck, excuses are just that.

Yes. You tell them it will suck, or you assume it sucks. You will be 100% right every time.

Crushdaddy
04-17-2013, 12:03 PM
Yeah because bugs, crashes, outages, and other similar problems definitely never happen on console games.

Every game I buy for the xbox, when a patch comes out to fix a problem for that game, it works. This patch that just came out for Defiance did not work. It has made things worst. Oh and lets not forget about the first patch they had when the game launched.. Day 1 2 and 3, was unplayable. Trion needs lessons from companies like Treyarch, Infinity Ward, Epic Games, bioware, to name a few. I see why not many MMO's are not on the xbox. They dont work over half of the time.

Snugglebuns
04-17-2013, 12:10 PM
OP, you already stated you were trading in the game. So why do you insist on posting still? Anyways, you are vastly over exaggerating and most of what you are saying is nonsense. I do agree however that there should of been more things fixed by the patch but at the same time, they fixed quite a bit for the first big patch. You are obviously not used to MMO's in general and more in tune with games like CoD, Bioshock, and games like that.

Don't forget they have 3 different platforms to monitor and fix instead of just 1 like a typical MMO. So all things considered, it's going just fine.

Draaconis
04-17-2013, 12:21 PM
Ill keep my xbox, and my 2 to 16 player online gaming that actually works and I have fun all the time. Who wants or needs 10000 plus players online if the game stays broken 24 7, 7 days a week? I surly dont. Have fun with this GARRRRRRRBAGE

Yeah the quick scoping was very realistic. Head on back over there because it is not an online game it is a game you "can" play online. Good luck with that.

Crushdaddy
04-17-2013, 12:23 PM
Yeah the quick scoping was very realistic. Head on back over there because it is not an online game it is a game you "can" play online. Good luck with that.

quick scoping TAKES SKILL.

Snugglebuns
04-17-2013, 12:25 PM
Lololol. Dude, you are just trolling now.

Crushdaddy
04-17-2013, 12:27 PM
OP, you already stated you were trading in the game. So why do you insist on posting still? Anyways, you are vastly over exaggerating and most of what you are saying is nonsense. I do agree however that there should of been more things fixed by the patch but at the same time, they fixed quite a bit for the first big patch. You are obviously not used to MMO's in general and more in tune with games like CoD, Bioshock, and games like that.

Don't forget they have 3 different platforms to monitor and fix instead of just 1 like a typical MMO. So all things considered, it's going just fine.

My thread, My choice, My right to keep posting on My thread...... Just because im getting rid of the game, doesn't mean im not going to do my part in trying to save people money from buying this game that doesn't work. These forums have enough fanboys on it. Needs some people like me who actually tell the truth and let the public know when the game is broken. Feel me?

Crushdaddy
04-17-2013, 12:29 PM
Lololol. Dude, you are just trolling now.

I'm trolling for telling the truth? lmbo Yea sure,

Gerrkyy
04-17-2013, 12:31 PM
24/7?? Good, leave then.. No one wants to play with an ignorant moron anyway..

Snugglebuns
04-17-2013, 12:32 PM
Your definition of "truth" is highly skewed. I am by no means a fanboy either. I agreed with you on a few points but like I said, you exaggerate and make false statements claiming to be telling the truth. How and why do we need more people like that? If you don't like the real truth, then go back to your comfort zone as you're clearly not in it.

Bluesguy07
04-17-2013, 12:38 PM

Really?

/10 chars

heraymo
04-17-2013, 12:40 PM
instead of worrying about key drops they should be paying attention to the real problems i know there trying but there not fixing any issues like why can't no one enter commander concrite instance. or why my gear is disapearing yet i did'ntbreak them down. **** like that.

Snugglebuns
04-17-2013, 12:41 PM
He edited his post. He originally said "quick scoping TAKES SKILL. which pc gamers don't have."

dlCHIEF58
04-17-2013, 12:43 PM
Every game I buy for the xbox, when a patch comes out to fix a problem for that game, it works. This patch that just came out for Defiance did not work. It has made things worst. Oh and lets not forget about the first patch they had when the game launched.. Day 1 2 and 3, was unplayable. Trion needs lessons from companies like Treyarch, Infinity Ward, Epic Games, bioware, to name a few. I see why not many MMO's are not on the xbox. They dont work over half of the time.

LOL! You bring up Treyarch and Infinity Ward as examples of good developers? Treyarch has NEVER made their own game, only constantly modded the work done by the original Infinity Ward. Even their earlier games were nothing but ports or they assisted other developers. Add into the fact that both those developers (and I use that term very loosely when when referring to Treyarch) have never done anything about the rampant cheating in MW2 and WAW, instead focusing on releasing the $15 map packs for the game to rake in more money. I fully expect Treyarch to crash and burn when they have to make a new game engine for the next gen consoles. Infinity Ward WAS good before Activision gutted them of all talent, now they are an empty shell of yes-men for Bobby Kotick.

Not every patch fixes everything, and they do sometimes cause more problems - case in point Fez on the 360. The last patch caused more problems than it fixed. Because Phil Fish was a jerk and not willing to pay for his own mistake in coding and testing, he decided to remove the patch rather than cut into his precious profit margin to make the game work right. That is an example of a crappy developer.

Trion Worlds have gone well beyond the call of duty (pun intended) in working to improve and fix the game, as well as keeping us posted about the progress. The game works fine with some issues, but is in no way unplayable as you make it to be. You are obviously trolling (most evident by your references to "your thread") and are not a good member of this community - you won't be missed and the game will be better without you in it.

Snugglebuns
04-17-2013, 12:45 PM
Well said sir! Obviously he doesn't know what he's talking about. Plus calling people fanboys when they themselves are clearly fanboys of mentioned companies. >.< oh how ignorance is bliss!

ALVn
04-17-2013, 12:46 PM
Trion needs lessons from companies like Treyarch, Infinity Ward, Epic Games, bioware, to name a few.

Are you for real? Infinity Ward are a bunch of useless ****s.. Treyarch let themselves down.. BADLY with Black Ops 2.. Epic Games.. Wow.. They care not for EU.. And Bioware.. Have you not played ME3?..

*sigh*

The game is soo early in and the forums are littered with complaints.. Im not happy with the way things have panned out but at the same time im enjoying whats on offer atm. I had to wait 10 extra days for my UE.. I cant see why people cant just wait for the ball to get rolling..

Kako
04-17-2013, 12:47 PM
Your definition of "truth" is highly skewed. I am by no means a fanboy either. I agreed with you on a few points but like I said, you exaggerate and make false statements claiming to be telling the truth. How and why do we need more people like that? If you don't like the real truth, then go back to your comfort zone as you're clearly not in it.

http://i46.tinypic.com/v76v10.gif
Let it also be known that Defiance was an EXTREMELY ambitious project for Trion to pick up in the first place. Not only did they create an MMO that extends across multiple platforms, but they introduced MMOs to the Xbox platform, which wasn't even necessarily built to run such a large game. So if you were serious about this game in and of itself, it probably wasn't even a good idea to get it on Xbox in the first place.
In addition, Trion has beautifully created the first successful FPSMMO to date, and though I'm no game developer, I imagine that this is no easy feat.
I do agree that patches definitely should not set a game back. Hell, I came to this game from CoH after it got shut down, and I've never had any problems with patches in the slightest, so I've been just as frustrated as the OP with Defiance. However, I think it's important to recognize that the entire idea of MMOs is that the game grows and evolves over time; so expecting the game to be perfect right from the start is kind of a **** attitude.
Let's just remember that the game is going to get fixed, and just because it's not ready right when you want it to be, doesn't mean that you should bash it in the way that you are.

ALVn
04-17-2013, 12:49 PM
http://i46.tinypic.com/v76v10.gif
Let it also be known that Defiance was an EXTREMELY ambitious project for Trion to pick up in the first place. Not only did they create an MMO that extends across multiple platforms, but they introduced MMOs to the Xbox platform, which wasn't even necessarily built to run such a large game. So if you were serious about this game in and of itself, it probably wasn't even a good idea to get it on Xbox in the first place.
In addition, though, Trion has beautifully created the first successful FPSMMO to date, and though I'm no game developer, I imagine that this is no easy feat.
I do agree though that patches definitely should not set a game back. Hell, I came to this game from CoH after it got shut down, and I've never had any problems with patches in the slightest, so I've been just as frustrated as the OP with Defiance. However, I think it's important to recognize that the entire idea of MMOs is that the game grows and evolves over time; so expecting the game to be perfect right from the start is kind of a **** attitude.
Let's just remember that the game is going to get fixed, and just because it's not ready right when you want it to be, doesn't mean that you should bash it in the way that you are.

Defo did not introduce MMOs to Xbox but whatever.

People just need to be patient.

Snugglebuns
04-17-2013, 12:52 PM
I'm confident after the game has been released for a month or so things will pick up and vastly improve with each passing week.

shotgunEX
04-17-2013, 01:01 PM
Defo did not introduce MMOs to Xbox but whatever.

People just need to be patient.

It was final fantasy 11 actually.

shotgunEX
04-17-2013, 01:03 PM
Xbox players should be happy. This is the first mmo you've gotten since 2006. And it doesn't look like final fantasy 14 is comin to Xbox. So enjoy. Idk when your next mmo is coming.

Celke
04-17-2013, 01:04 PM
This.

Play something from Blizzard and come back and let us know how issues were handled, and how long it took.

GM ticket reply at blizzard > 2 days at peak times
On rift during peak times > + 1 week

However my experience with Trion is not that bad, they are quite ok on support though US gets it faster :) (on Rift that is)

Crushdaddy
04-17-2013, 01:29 PM

False Truth? The patch that came out only fixed a few things and by doing that, it broke other things. That is a fact. I actually was doing better before the patch came out. Now its worst. Yes im mad. I think this game could be one of the greatest of all time. But I feel as though Trion is feeding me BS to keep me from leaving as long as they can to get even more money from me. Not going to work. I will not be buying no DLC for this game or anymore bonus xp until they 1. fix the game and 2. stop that clock from ticking when im asleep. Thats money wasted.......This is my very first MMO. And you all say TRION Is one of the best at making them. My next question is, why are you people buying this garrrrrbage all the time if it never works? Must be alot of millionaires and billionaires on here.

Crushdaddy
04-17-2013, 01:32 PM
Xbox players should be happy. This is the first mmo you've gotten since 2006. And it doesn't look like final fantasy 14 is comin to Xbox. So enjoy. Idk when your next mmo is coming.

if MMO's are like this all the time, trust me when I say, we dont want them!

Crushdaddy
04-17-2013, 01:33 PM
It was final fantasy 11 actually.

Phantasy Star Universe actually

dlCHIEF58
04-17-2013, 01:40 PM
Phantasy Star Universe actually

LOL, 6 players does not make a MMO. PSU was an adventure game with a large lobby for coop online play for up to 6 people. Not even close to a MMO, especially since the whole game could be completed offline.

Crushdaddy
04-17-2013, 01:41 PM
LOL! You bring up Treyarch and Infinity Ward as examples of good developers? Treyarch has NEVER made their own game, only constantly modded the work done by the original Infinity Ward. Even their earlier games were nothing but ports or they assisted other developers. Add into the fact that both those developers (and I use that term very loosely when when referring to Treyarch) have never done anything about the rampant cheating in MW2 and WAW, instead focusing on releasing the $15 map packs for the game to rake in more money. I fully expect Treyarch to crash and burn when they have to make a new game engine for the next gen consoles. Infinity Ward WAS good before Activision gutted them of all talent, now they are an empty shell of yes-men for Bobby Kotick.

Not every patch fixes everything, and they do sometimes cause more problems - case in point Fez on the 360. The last patch caused more problems than it fixed. Because Phil Fish was a jerk and not willing to pay for his own mistake in coding and testing, he decided to remove the patch rather than cut into his precious profit margin to make the game work right. That is an example of a crappy developer.

Trion Worlds have gone well beyond the call of duty (pun intended) in working to improve and fix the game, as well as keeping us posted about the progress. The game works fine with some issues, but is in no way unplayable as you make it to be. You are obviously trolling (most evident by your references to "your thread") and are not a good member of this community - you won't be missed and the game will be better without you in it.

You say Treyarch modded or copied Infintity ward on COD GAMES? Well what game does Defiance remind you of?....... Oh thats right, a game created by Gearbox.....BORDERLANDS Oh and im not saying the game is unplayable. I'm just saying that theres no excuse why everything doesnt work at this present moment. NO EXCUSE. And thats all I keep hearing from all of you. EXCUSES

Draaconis
04-17-2013, 01:44 PM
You say Treyarch modded or copied Infintity ward on COD GAMES? Well what game does Defiance remind you of?....... Oh thats right, a game created by Gearbox.....BORDERLANDS Oh and im not saying the game is unplayable. I'm just saying that theres no excuse why everything doesnt work at this present moment. NO EXCUSE. And thats all I keep hearing from all of you. EXCUSES

Actually Borderlands was modeled after Fallout, but you run with that.

Hiero Glyph
04-17-2013, 01:49 PM
LOL, 6 players does not make a MMO. PSU was an adventure game with a large lobby for coop online play for up to 6 people. Not even close to a MMO, especially since the whole game could be completed offline.

To be fair, almost of all Defiance is built around 4-player groups. Only Arkfalls have more players at a given time and we all know how horribly the enemies, players and effects glitch out during those. PSU is as much of an MMO as Defiance by your own definition.

EDIT: Also, currently you cannot enter matchmaking with a group in Shadow War. There is no clan support for matchmaking either. Most online shooters do all of this and more and none of them are MMOs.

EDIT_2: If anything, Defiane deserves the acronym P.O.S. (Persistent Online Shooter). The secondary meaning seems appropriate in many ways however.

patyo
04-17-2013, 01:49 PM
Its worse not worst and 24/7 implies 7 days a week. But what's really funny is that you can ***** all you want but they still got your money. So you can wait it out patiently like a normal human being or continue to fill the forum with immature ********.
-2 cents

dlCHIEF58
04-17-2013, 01:57 PM

I never said they copied IW, I said they modded the work of IW. That means they took the game engine that IW made and only reskinned it with a few modifications. They did absolutely no work from scratch, only building upon the work of the once superior Infinity Ward with little to no innovation of their own. Even the story structure has changed very little from the first Call of Duty, only slightly mixing it up with BOII.

Your comparison to Borderlands and Defiance is in no way comparable to my statement. Do Defiance and Borderlands use the same game engine? NO. They are not even the same genre - one is a third person shooter while the other is a first person shooter. The similarities between the games is slight and superficial. And there have not been excuses given, only valid reasons for why things are the way they are at present. Your prepubescent mind cannot grasp the amount of work required to get a MMO working properly and are unmistakably part of the "instant gratification, ADD" generation.

Maybe you should EXCUSE yourself from the community and game to save us all a lot of grief. This obviously isn't the game for you.

Jeff Kaos
04-17-2013, 02:07 PM
Too many people keep saying "this is typical of mmo's at launch just deal with it". That may have been true years ago when mmo's where a new phenomena but mmo's have been around long enough that developers should know better than to release a game with something as basic as the chat function inoperable. And it isn't like they're dealing with multiple hardware configurations on the console side: an Xbox and PS3 is an Xbox and PS3, they know the specs and they should've had this stuff figured out pre-launch. Trion shouldn't have tried to develop 1 game for 3 systems simultaneously because, let's face it, they don't have the chops for that; not many companies do. As long as we keep defending bad business practices nothing will change. That's why we're not still driving Model-T's or playing games on cartridges. I want to love this game so much because I've wanted to play an mmo from my comfy couch for a long time now but it just feels like this game wants me to hate it. And one of the reasons I bought this game is because I didn't hear nothing but good things about the Dev. team keeping people informed but post patch and with all the bugs everyone is experiencing I haven't heard on peep from the devs. that they're even doing anything.

ToneSim
04-17-2013, 02:07 PM
if MMO's are like this all the time, trust me when I say, we dont want them!

please do not claim to speak for us all. I for one have been waiting years for another Xbox mmo. I got into ffxi
too late in its cycle to enjoy it and couldn't afford to keep paying anyway.

This game is Xbox's savior for me because if not for it I was ready to jump ship next generation and buy a ps4. Without mmo support there would be no reason to stick around. It's my game type of choice.

That said it should be no surprise to you that I have played tons of mmos for different periods of time. Fact of the matter is, pretty much every mmo has issues com day one, usually not fully ironed out until well into their third month or so. Many can't clear some issues far into the game's life cycle. Building persistent worlds is freaking HARD, and you just have to be patient. It's been said before, Trion is on of the best mmo houses, their addressing and readdressing of the game's quirks in such timely fashion should leave us all with no doubt about that. Believe me when I tell you, most other devs would have let us suffer for day to weeks before even attempting to get things done. I am grateful that we are dealing with Trion. For as horrible a dev team as this game's detractors think they are, it could be worse.

It could be SO much worse.

By the way the word is WORSE. See example above.

And arrrrre you a pirate?

Crushdaddy
04-17-2013, 02:13 PM
Its worse not worst and 24/7 implies 7 days a week. But what's really funny is that you can ***** all you want but they still got your money. So you can wait it out patiently like a normal human being or continue to fill the forum with immature ********.
-2 cents

Or I can piss fanboys off by letting people who havn't bought this game know, its not worth the $60 price tag. Not right now at the moment its not.

Crushdaddy
04-17-2013, 02:23 PM
please do not claim to speak for us all. I for one have been waiting years for another Xbox mmo. I got into ffxi
too late in its cycle to enjoy it and couldn't afford to keep paying anyway.

This game is Xbox's savior for me because if not for it I was ready to jump ship next generation and buy a ps4. Without mmo support there would be no reason to stick around. It's my game type of choice.

That said it should be no surprise to you that I have played tons of mmos for different periods of time. Fact of the matter is, pretty much every mmo has issues com day one, usually not fully ironed out until well into their third month or so. Many can't clear some issues far into the game's life cycle. Building persistent worlds is freaking HARD, and you just have to be patient. It's been said before, Trion is on of the best mmo houses, their addressing and readdressing of the game's quirks in such timely fashion should leave us all with no doubt about that. Believe me when I tell you, most other devs would have let us suffer for day to weeks before even attempting to get things done. I am grateful that we are dealing with Trion. For as horrible a dev team as this game's detractors think they are, it could be worse.

It could be SO much worse.

By the way the word is WORSE. See example above.

And arrrrre you a pirate?

If you love MMO'S this much, why not go to PC Gaming? Trion has been working on this game for over 4 years I hear. NO EXCUSE why this game should BLOW. They even had a beta on each system to test it all out. Tis game right now is 50 50. Sometimes it works, Sometimes it doesn't. It should be atleast at 80 20..........But its not. NO EXCUSE

Haviic
04-17-2013, 02:33 PM
I'm just content knowing that Defiance is the ONLY product that I've ever purchased that hasn't been 100% perfected, without a single flaw, straight out of the gate...oh wait.. Having a productive life outside of gaming allows me to have patience in order to allow Trion time to improve a game that, thus far, has kept me entertained. Regardless of how often I come across a glitch, I highly doubt I'd ever whine in "public" because that would surely be embarrassing to be known as a little b***h.

Snugglebuns
04-17-2013, 02:35 PM
I'm just content knowing that Defiance is the ONLY product that I've ever purchased that hasn't been 100% perfected, without a single flaw, straight out of the gate...oh wait.. Having a productive life outside of gaming allows me to have patience in order to allow Trion time to improve a game that, thus far, has kept me entertained. Regardless of how often I come across a glitch, I highly doubt I'd ever whine in "public" because that would surely be embarrassing to be known as a little b***h.

Lmao you sir, are 100% awesome.

Snugglebuns
04-17-2013, 02:37 PM
Don't bother using logic with the OP. It doesn't work no matter how easy you spell it out for him.
**Edit: Also, just because someone doesn't agree with you, it does not make them a fanboy. When everyone disagrees with you, it means you're wrong. Life tip.

teccho
04-17-2013, 02:40 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3063/2444984362_3b125cd946.jpg

Jackaleffect
04-17-2013, 02:49 PM
To be fair, almost of all Defiance is built around 4-player groups. Only Arkfalls have more players at a given time and we all know how horribly the enemies, players and effects glitch out during those. PSU is as much of an MMO as Defiance by your own definition.

EDIT: Also, currently you cannot enter matchmaking with a group in Shadow War. There is no clan support for matchmaking either. Most online shooters do all of this and more and none of them are MMOs.

EDIT_2: If anything, Defiane deserves the acronym P.O.S. (Persistent Online Shooter). The secondary meaning seems appropriate in many ways however.

WoW = mmo: five player for most of the game u can do raids but its pointless unless doing a raid at end game
defiance = mmo: four player most of the game u can do raids (arkfalls) yes u may not be able to party up but same difference.

So explain to me again why defiance aint an mmo? massive multiplayer online as far as i can see there is a mass of people online at once and u can do multiplayer lol PSU is an online rpg for the fact you cant do anything at all without joining a "game" its a virtual bloody lobby that is all.

As for not being able to join shadow wars as a group incorrect you can join shadow wars as a group tho i do agree the clan thing is abit pointless (at the moment) we do not know where this is going to be heading just like WoW when that first started out there where only 5man instances and two 10man till it evolved into the 30man and then to 25man and so forth.

Let the game evolve first and stop comparing it to other games that have nothing in common with it (tho ironacly i just did the same thing but i was making a point of the mmo aspects not the game itself)

Haviic
04-17-2013, 02:53 PM
Much appreciated. lol I'm not sure any amount of honesty, laced with sarcasm of course, will help our little pessimistic friend..

ToneSim
04-17-2013, 02:59 PM
If you love MMO'S this much, why not go to PC Gaming? Trion has been working on this game for over 4 years I hear. NO EXCUSE why this game should BLOW. They even had a beta on each system to test it all out. Tis game right now is 50 50. Sometimes it works, Sometimes it doesn't. It should be atleast at 80 20..........But its not. NO EXCUSE

having said I have played many mmos you would think common sense would tell you that most of them were on pc, since xbox has had......3.

your comment puts it as though this game's issues stem from the fact that it was developed multiplat. again, MOST mmos have these kind of issues and they typically do not get cleared up inside the first two to three weeks. usually much longer. that is the nature of the beast. the reason I was so hungry for a console mmo is that I have not owned a gaming worthy cpu in years, I cannot afford to make on to the specs suited to my habit.

Snugglebuns
04-17-2013, 03:02 PM
Im trading this game in today and never looking back. Peace

Well, I'm still waiting for you to trade it in. My guess is you won't.

Valhallas Son
04-17-2013, 03:21 PM
I've played a few mmos on the computer mainly Star Trek and champions. this is my first for the Xbox i notice a pattern of repetition to the mission structure..no big deal and yeah it's alot like borderlands..and fallout and fallout"s bast@rd clone Rage..again no big deal for me. however not desert enough for the whole Road warrior/mad max thing. WHO RUNS BARTER TOWN??? my only issue is....why do i have to re download everything just so my woman can play it on her account?

x Togath x
04-17-2013, 03:32 PM

Yeah go play black ops 2 and run around a corner from someone shooting just to be shot by them 5 feet later. Or maybe have some fun with head glitches. Oh wait you probably live the quick scope noob hubs don't you. **** get out of this forum and stop ruining a great game by you diseased ignorant digital representation.

Hiero Glyph
04-17-2013, 03:52 PM
@Jackaleffect

First, ironacly is my new favorite word!

Second, the point is that while PSU was entirely instanced, most of the group content for Defiance (Co-op, PvP, Shadow War) is instanced as well. The only MMO aspect in the game currently is Arkfalls. Anyway, PSU was an MMO that only used instances, while Defiance primarily uses instances. In the end, they are both MMOs however.

Finally, Shadow War has never once worked for me when trying to enter as a group. If it works for you great, but so far my friends and I have tried several times every day and never once gotten in as a group.

mrgrimezHD
04-17-2013, 04:04 PM

I'm sorry what? it appears you mentioned Treyarch... and... Infinity Ward? Yeah because they're text book developers that do everything flawlessly lol /sarcasm you clearly don't have a clue.

I see why not many MMO'S are not on the xbox. They dont work over half of the time.

/facepalm

Vion Diamonds
04-17-2013, 04:07 PM
I wanted to love this company, but I just can't... I agree with all

Russ
04-17-2013, 04:18 PM
I'm not Trion's biggest fan, and personally I think they need to get out of the games industry is THIS is the best they can do with 5 years worth of effort...if this was indeed 'their baby' as some certain fanboi's are saying, Social Services would of been round by now and locked them up for neglect....

But honestly, Crushdaddy, you don't even have a point here, we know the game isn't great anyway, we know that the patch was a bloody mess, but you can't claim that a patch fixes an mmo instantly, it's not that kind of genre, there's always something messing up, especially in the early days, you just have to accept THAT. Not the rest of it, no, a lot of what you WERE saying because you just dropped into troll mode I totally agree with, but your point has disintergrated. Personally I'm giving this game a bit more time, let them work out a few more issues, I'm more impressed with the game now than I was yesterday during the whole laughable patch issues thing, and more impressed than at launch, I can't see this game being a long term success, and as far as I'm concerned it doesn't warrant it's 40 price tag, but a lot of what you're coming out with now is just the garbage like the fanboi's are spouting, just on the other end of the spectrum.

GrampaMurkedU
04-17-2013, 04:29 PM
Why is everyone ganging up on the TC? He has valid complaints. I do believe Trion is trying harder than most but the responses to the tc were just childish.

GrampaMurkedU
04-17-2013, 04:31 PM
I wanted to love this company, but I just can't... I agree with all

You wanted to love this company but can't? Funny your EGO rating says otherwise

PepsiSky
04-17-2013, 04:45 PM

B!TCH PLEASE!!!!! Do you even know how to use a real sniper rifle? I have shot rifles to deagles(worst pistol ever BTW) and quickscoping provides nothing but a clear miss. The shear idea of it is just idiotic, peeping in the scope and randomly pulling the trigger? Ask any military operative and they'll tell you quick scoping is a laughable joke!

Crushdaddy
04-17-2013, 06:53 PM

Trion should improve a game before they ever release it to the public to begin with. They released a game that wasn't complete. Yes the game has gotten better since day one I agree. But it doesnt change the fact that the last patch theyu just came out with was a bad joke. Whos whining? You think because I tell the truth im whining? Or is it that you can't handle the truth and now its you who are whining like a lil b***h in public?

Crushdaddy
04-17-2013, 06:56 PM
B!TCH PLEASE!!!!! Do you even know how to use a real sniper rifle? I have shot rifles to deagles(worst pistol ever BTW) and quickscoping provides nothing but a clear miss. The shear idea of it is just idiotic, peeping in the scope and randomly pulling the trigger? Ask any military operative and they'll tell you quick scoping is a laughable joke!

Who cares what any military guy would think of quick scoping in real life would be? Its a video game. And on the video game, to be able to do it, it takes skill.

RowdyLaBear
04-17-2013, 07:01 PM
Hey dude cry some more.

Crushdaddy
04-17-2013, 07:02 PM
I'm not Trion's biggest fan, and personally I think they need to get out of the games industry is THIS is the best they can do with 5 years worth of effort...if this was indeed 'their baby' as some certain fanboi's are saying, Social Services would of been round by now and locked them up for neglect....

But honestly, Crushdaddy, you don't even have a point here, we know the game isn't great anyway, we know that the patch was a bloody mess, but you can't claim that a patch fixes an mmo instantly, it's not that kind of genre, there's always something messing up, especially in the early days, you just have to accept THAT. Not the rest of it, no, a lot of what you WERE saying because you just dropped into troll mode I totally agree with, but your point has disintergrated. Personally I'm giving this game a bit more time, let them work out a few more issues, I'm more impressed with the game now than I was yesterday during the whole laughable patch issues thing, and more impressed than at launch, I can't see this game being a long term success, and as far as I'm concerned it doesn't warrant it's 40 price tag, but a lot of what you're coming out with now is just the garbage like the fanboi's are spouting, just on the other end of the spectrum.

I agree with you. I was angry earlier and went off. Im over it now and im giving Trion more time. I really want this game to work. It could be my favorite game of all time one day. Ill give them atleast another month or two.

Crushdaddy
04-17-2013, 07:14 PM
having said I have played many mmos you would think common sense would tell you that most of them were on pc, since xbox has had......3.

your comment puts it as though this game's issues stem from the fact that it was developed multiplat. again, MOST mmos have these kind of issues and they typically do not get cleared up inside the first two to three weeks. usually much longer. that is the nature of the beast. the reason I was so hungry for a console mmo is that I have not owned a gaming worthy cpu in years, I cannot afford to make on to the specs suited to my habit.

Common sence tells me, why do you argue with me when you can play this on the PC. I dont play PC gaming. And since I have learned from so many peeps on here that most other MMO companies are far WORSE then Trion, im glad I never wasted a dime on PC gaming. Common Sence would tell me other peeps in the world would have Common Sence not to buy PC games no more. But thats just me I guess.

Crushdaddy
04-17-2013, 07:21 PM
Don't bother using logic with the OP. It doesn't work no matter how easy you spell it out for him.
**Edit: Also, just because someone doesn't agree with you, it does not make them a fanboy. When everyone disagrees with you, it means you're wrong. Life tip.
I'm pretty sure when you're giving a company to much credit for releasing a product that hasn't lived up to the hype, makes you a fanboy. But I won't bother using Logic with you. Im done with this thread now. I made my point. I did my lil rant. Im over it now and have decided to give Trion a lil more time before I trade this game in. When I or if I ever decide they have had enough time, ill let all the fanboys know, TIMES UP. Now Peace-Out

OmniDevil
04-17-2013, 07:25 PM
I've been following Trion and an avid supporter of their work ever since Rift. For a company to partner up with SyFy and be able to see their finished product end up on shelves (Stargate: Universe never even made it past alpha) has got to say something about the company behind the game.

Every MMO has issues at launch and it generally takes time to get everything worked out. Even Blizzard had these issues at launch and patch days, with that game, are always buggy/laggy/broken.

UsuallyDope
04-17-2013, 07:26 PM
This.

Umm, gamebreaking things are taken care of pretty quickly. You're probably crying cause rogues weren't OP for like two major patches in a row or something.

Beats
04-17-2013, 07:29 PM

Reading this made me have an stroke. Trion is not the best pc has to offer, but they are a great company. Since you went the console route you don't know anything about mmo's. They are always problem laden on launch, a smooth launch is one that is still pretty rough. Launching an MMO is way different than throwing out the next call of fail. Also, Console for the record, has many more shovelware/garbage companies (especially the wii though); rather they have less but less choice per total games makes it feel as if more. I'm not white knighting, I am just calling you out on you failing to accurately portray what is going on, consciously or not.

Umm, gamebreaking things are taken care of pretty quickly. You're probably crying cause rogues weren't OP for like two major patches in a row or something.

Ret pallies were overpowered for a long time, there are still bugs from BC era and prior. Sure, issues that crash servers are fixed fast by blizzard, but they are here too.

Heres a different blizzard game, Diablo 3. You played that? servers go down roughly on a daily basis in one fashion or another, be it the server you are playing, the log in server or the authentication server. These issues have been around a while and not fixed. Also, the only viable character for endgame is a barbarian, most dps, best survivabilty and immunity to cc's; nothing else comes close to being that good in.

Haviic
04-17-2013, 07:37 PM
Trion should improve a game before they ever release it to the public to begin with. They released a game that wasn't complete. Yes the game has gotten better since day one I agree. But it doesnt change the fact that the last patch theyu just came out with was a bad joke. Whos whining? You think because I tell the truth im whining? Or is it that you can't handle the truth and now its you who are whining like a lil b***h in public?

Out of pure curiosity, do you have any experience with programing, writing code, or composing any aspect of gaming that is required to launch an FPSMMO on three separate, completely different systems? For some reason I get the feeling that you are completely incapable of understanding the complexity of what Trion has done and is attempting to do. I also feel that if you have no experience in the above, that your ranting is derived from a lack of self control and immaturity instead of factual knowledge. You aren't telling the truth, you're exaggerating. Not everyone has experienced the severity of issues that you have, if they're actually as severe as you portray them to be and you're not just delusional from raging at your console for hours because you had to reload more than once.. I would defend myself to your last little temper tantrum of a sentence, but it was a question so I'll just answer it. I'm perfectly fine with the flaws that are in the game and patch because Trion is at least trying. I'm also okay with weird people like you that can't handle situations as simplistic as this that don't go right for them. This entire thread has been a waste of time for you because you've neither gotten your money back, nor have you found a magical fix for your many problems, many of which seem emotional. Your two options are to either take the game back and lose money, or be patient and allow those at Trion to continue to do their jobs. If you decide to keep whining and complaining until one of those decisions are made, I'm fine with that as well, just know it won't improve your situation whatsoever.

GrampaMurkedU
04-17-2013, 07:46 PM
Who cares what any military guy would think of quick scoping in real life would be? Its a video game. And on the video game, to be able to do it, it takes skill.

Cheating or abusing game mechanics often takes skill. Still utterly meaningless other than a lack of respect for those that do it.

Snugglebuns
04-17-2013, 08:00 PM
I'm pretty sure when you're giving a company to much credit for releasing a product that hasn't lived up to the hype, makes you a fanboy. But I won't bother using Logic with you. Im done with this thread now. I made my point. I did my lil rant. Im over it now and have decided to give Trion a lil more time before I trade this game in. When I or if I ever decide they have had enough time, ill let all the fanboys know, TIMES UP. Now Peace-Out

Yes because I clearly said things giving Trion too much credit for releasing the game as is. Did you even read what I posted or did you just pretend you read only what you wish I said so you could insult me?

You made your point? Ummm, when? You babbled a lot and used huge exaggerations as your main points in every post. So yeah, good job? >.>

DMC14
04-17-2013, 08:12 PM
please stop sucking up to trion like there gonna give you god mode or something.

The patch that was released gave me problems that i was not experincing before and i have had to start again with a new character. yeah its **** and there is no excuse for selling a faulty product, dont care if its usual for an mmo (and i dont think anyone else cares no matter how many times u say it). but i am sticking around with fingers crossed that they will sort it out. not waiting forever though.

Hiero Glyph
04-18-2013, 10:05 AM
Why is everyone ganging up on the TC? He has valid complaints. I do believe Trion is trying harder than most but the responses to the tc were just childish.

+1. Yes, experience and opinions may vary; deal with it.