PDA

View Full Version : Sniper Scopes

Yenah
04-17-2013, 11:01 AM
So, I know now (after testing and digging in the forums) that Sniper scope mods actually reduce my rifles accuracy, instead of increase it (backwards, sucky!!)
My question is, does this happen with any other guns?
Anyone know? Should I just completely avoid the scope mods for now?

Vyshan
04-17-2013, 11:09 AM
It appears to happen with assault rifles and shotguns, too.
So, yeah.

JohnnyInk
04-17-2013, 11:10 AM
So, I know now (after testing and digging in the forums) that Sniper scope mods actually reduce my rifles accuracy, instead of increase it (backwards, sucky!!)
My question is, does this happen with any other guns?
Anyone know? Should I just completely avoid the scope mods for now?

I don't personally agree with this, being i'm only 1000 away from my bolt action kill goals, I have 3 orange snipers and I've put my favorite scope on all of them, I have never noticed a difference in "put the dot on the target, target goes boom" kind of aiming, theres no sway, and the recoil would only affect the semi-auto snipers, but I don't see that either. The stats may read that way, but the coding either was meant to be meaningless or it just turned out that way.. mod them, it doesn't hurt them

Yenah
04-17-2013, 11:14 AM
Eh, for me, its not the stats, its just the rifle itself doesn't hit squat.
Maybe its a particular scope thats doing it?
My rifle got headshots all day long until I put a +0.30 scope on it, now just getting body-shots is a chore.
I've actually resorted to charging the mob, slapping them, and then shooting point blank :(

Ikagawa
04-17-2013, 04:34 PM
I don't personally agree with this, being i'm only 1000 away from my bolt action kill goals, I have 3 orange snipers and I've put my favorite scope on all of them, I have never noticed a difference in "put the dot on the target, target goes boom" kind of aiming, theres no sway, and the recoil would only affect the semi-auto snipers, but I don't see that either. The stats may read that way, but the coding either was meant to be meaningless or it just turned out that way.. mod them, it doesn't hurt them

There have been multiple players and multiple threads that say otherwise. Your experience, if you're not actively testing it, is inconclusive.

Houngan
04-17-2013, 06:34 PM
I think I am seeing this two. After putting a scope on my Survivalist's Rifle I can't headshot anymore but with my other two snipers I'm fine.

Lyokira
04-17-2013, 06:36 PM
Eh, for me, its not the stats, its just the rifle itself doesn't hit squat.
Maybe its a particular scope thats doing it?
My rifle got headshots all day long until I put a +0.30 scope on it, now just getting body-shots is a chore.
I've actually resorted to charging the mob, slapping them, and then shooting point blank :(

Possibly cause everyone else puts a +0.1 scope instead.

Troillort
06-06-2013, 03:56 PM
Maybe I'm mistaken but when I look at the stats on every sniper scope I look at, regardless of the rarity, It seems that the number is -.30 not +.30.

CMac001
06-06-2013, 04:32 PM
Maybe I'm mistaken but when I look at the stats on every sniper scope I look at, regardless of the rarity, It seems that the number is -.30 not +.30.

The sniper issue was fixed in patch 1.020 (Buckshot), http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?73279-Patch-1.020-Buckshot-(Stay-on-Target) (at least on my system. Enjoy.