PDA

View Full Version : Friend request accepted spam

Olaf
04-17-2013, 11:32 AM
Hey guys, im not sure if this is just happening to me, but any people that I have added to my friends list during my time playing Defiance. I am constantly getting spammed in the chat console that they have accepted my friend request (even people I added on launch day). Its not a big issue but does get a little irritating when trying to talk with people via chat.

CrAzY 75
04-17-2013, 11:33 AM
Yea it happens to me too. It's not that often so I just ignore it.

SgtScR3aM21
04-17-2013, 11:34 AM
yeah i dont use the keyboard chat but i have noticed this as well , four times this morning in a 1.5hr time window to be exact lol

Facade
04-17-2013, 11:37 AM
It's been happening since day one. Every time someone logs in on PSN that ever played Defiance you get spammed "x has accepted your friend request"

bman
04-17-2013, 11:39 AM
yeh i get the exact same thing happen to me 1 friend that logs on triggers like 4 to 5 for me to be set off

RegularX
04-17-2013, 11:49 AM
And "Contract Completed". And the bonuses I got like 50 EGO levels ago. Something is awry with their UI messaging for sures.

Olaf
04-17-2013, 11:49 AM
yeh i get the exact same thing happen to me 1 friend that logs on triggers like 4 to 5 for me to be set off

I have added quite alot of people since launch so as you can imagine, getting 20+ of these msgs when someone signs in can be irritating when your trying to talk with someone in the chat console, as you know =).
Lets hope the patch fix's it.

Olaf
04-17-2013, 11:50 AM
And "Contract Completed". And the bonuses I got like 50 EGO levels ago. Something is awry with their UI messaging for sures.

Im always getting messages when I sign in, mainly about co-op maps that I have unlocked.

SgtScR3aM21
04-17-2013, 11:55 AM
on the brightside i have gotten extra keycodes the same way , just standing around salvaging after helping a quick emergency and bam 3-8 key codes lol

Pheal
04-17-2013, 12:02 PM
You an disable the friend spam from the options. The ego one there is nothing to be done about yet.

Irres169
04-17-2013, 12:03 PM
It happens to me for all friends not just those playing Defiance.

Facade
04-17-2013, 12:40 PM
It happens to me for all friends not just those playing Defiance.

Even if they don't own defiance?
I haven't had it spam anyones name who hasn't played defiance yet, but anyone who ever had the game in the console is spammed every time someone logs onto PSN. It spams my entire list (that has ever played before) every time 1 of them logs on ( when I say "log on" I mean to PSN, not to Defiance) . Really irritating when one gets on right after the other.

Irres169
04-17-2013, 01:02 PM
let me double check when I get home but it looked like it was lighting up my StarHawk friends list, and I don't know that many of them got this game.

Kaiden
04-17-2013, 01:09 PM
Yeah, this is pretty irritating. I'm part of a fairly big clan and a lot of them request each other (mostly because chat is FUBAR, we use the PSN chat rooms), so you can imagine how irritating this can be for me. I'm really hoping this gets fixed. Not game breaking, but very annoying.

What's just as annoying are the UI updates (Co-op map unlocked! Power Rating unlocks..). Weirder is the fact that the Power Rating update is way behind. I'm like 1200 EGO and it pops up saying what I unlocked at 400 or whatever. Did my Ark Hunter get sick and as a result, become weaker? Frickin Hellbug Influenza.

Olaf
04-17-2013, 01:38 PM
You an disable the friend spam from the options. The ego one there is nothing to be done about yet.

Thanks so much! Didn't think to check the settings. Still would be nice if they could patch it when they have time though =)

bman
04-19-2013, 02:35 AM

how can you disable it currently because as of yet far as i kno you cant unless you mean TRION disable it

Aeden200
04-19-2013, 04:16 AM
everybody has this.. I also get the spam while i'm in party and group leader.. "X is Group Leader", "X is not Group Leader" it doesn't bother me much am soo into getting my pursuits done :D