PDA

View Full Version : Final Boss ruined the game for me.

lemieux
04-17-2013, 11:37 AM
First off, I did purchase the Ultimate GameStop Edition and if look at all my posts here I praise this game. Despite all the tech issues, etc, I did enjoy the game. Keyword: did.

Ok, having said that. I really am serious when I say the final boss in this game simply zapped all the fun out of game for me. As did some of the other bosses in the game. There is simply way too much BS with them and it feels like a chore WAY TOO much and all the fun, enjoyment, and satisfaction is simply removed form the game itself. Final boss attack at one point is not really able to dodge the super attack and a crap shoot if you will die in 2 hits and have to restart.

I spent nearly 2 hours I'm sure on the final boss. Yes. Nearly 2 hours of try-and-die with attacks that were pure crap shoots of instadeath.

It is so bad I need to repeat myself since the crap of this game warrants it -- the bosses in here are hard for no reason other than being hard for BS reasons. Much like the difficulty gets in the Ninja Gaiden games on Xbox and Xbox 360 days.

I play games to relax, have fun, enjoy myself, and vegetate.

If I wanted to feel stressed, feel like fighting a losing battle, or just be overall annoyed to the utmost level -- I would stay at work and never leave.

Trion you REALLY, REALY, REALLY, REALLY, dropped the ball on the difficulty with a lot in this game.

Now if -- and I use the word IF big time here, you were allowed to have other players (ummm, like maybe your friends) join in the ALL the missions and play it like it was a co-op game, then -- and only then -- would I be ok with the difficulty with a lot of this game.

After all, this is SUPPOSED to be an MMO, right?

Why can't friends play WITH us ALL thru the game? It feel more like single player with ability to watch other people walking around the world.

Boss fights left me feeling disappointed and soooooooooooooooo much of the fun in the game is now lost to me.

Bitter taste the game left me with.

RoP707
04-17-2013, 11:40 AM
sorry you feel that way i personnally feel let down at the ease of bosses in this game especially co-op mission bosses

Wynce
04-17-2013, 11:43 AM
What guns are you trying to use on him? Perks?

I beat him with some random white infector I found, and a scoped LMG for the phase with the clones.

A lot of people are recommending a BMG as your secondary to heal you when you get hit. Also, use cloak, decoy, or even blur instead of overcharge, as staying alive is more important than big damage.

Make sure to shoot the crystals near you when they pop up. When he goes on the ledge, pick a spot where most of them are out of sight, and put 2-3 bullets in each of the ones you can see. They pop out of existence and no longer attack.

For the phase when he dashes at you with a sword super fast, just jump around in circles. It works.

When he starts teleporting above you, he might catch you by surprise the first time, but every time after that that you lose track of him, roll away.

I can't think of anything else helpful.

MrCowman
04-17-2013, 11:49 AM
I do see where you are coming from about the friend and having people join you aspect.

But honestly I thought Nim was relatively easy. I got him on the first try in maybe 15-20 minutes using a heavy scattershot and a TACC Assault. At least he is the final boss haha! But some bosses or challenges are a little crazy (motherlode, dekuso) now Nim was much harder than them, but not game ruining. For me at least.

lemieux
04-17-2013, 11:49 AM
Thanks for the help and advice folks. But I already finished the final boss.

And that is the reason the game sapped so much of the fun out of it for me.

I'm ok with little bit of difficulty but final boss felt like so much BS. It really has ruined the game for me. The one boss you fight before that is another crock too.

Being billed as an MMO if friends were able to fight along side us I would be ok with a lot of it. But . . . NOPE!

Also please edit out the boss's name in your posts for the sake of not spoiling the game for other people. ;) I'm a strong supporter of zero spoilers in all things, books, movies, games, etc.

Not being a jerk, just trying to maximize things for other people to try and enjoy. :)

Tactica
04-17-2013, 11:50 AM
+ + + NOTE, my POST HAS SPOILERS IF YOU HAVEN'T FINISHED THE STORY + + +

To the OP, I totally get what you are saying. The ebb and flow of the game is co-op for the most part... but at times, the game forces you into SOLO. So when you get into the "i'm going to relax and just shoot the **** with my buds, play a game against the environment and have fun through this mission, take on a boss and fight it to the end" it's one type of game... but eventually, you get dumped into "go do this yourself".

Well crap. Now I have to be serious. No more shooting the **** with buds to go fight mission X. Now it's just me vs. the world. Bummer. That takes you out of one type of experience and forces you into another. The first time that happened, my group and I were like... hmm.. WTF? Why would they intentionally break our group up? That seemed like a bad design decision.

Why not offer a group to go through the game, or offer you to play it solo for a different reward if there were die hards who wanted the 'glory' of beating NIM or Jack-leg joe on their own... but if I'm just a relaxed gamer who wants to play through the story with buds while I drink a beer... why not let me play my game with friends my way?

So, I hear you bro. I totally get where you are coming from, and from a design decision, I totally think they missed something.

Now that being said. I also see the flip side. When I did finally beat Jack-leg Joe and Nim on my own. I felt like I accomplished something. Both of them were a pain in the ***. I didn't use a shotgun gernade launcher on either of them. (I should get an in game award for that alone!) I used an LMG on Jack-leg switching to sniper for the midgets and 99rs. I used El Diablo and alternate BMG with slow gernades and Decoy on NIM with a quick charge fire resistant 50% regen shield on NIM. I think I died like 6 times on stage one of NIM, 0 on stage 2 of NIM and then 2 or 3 times on stage 3 of NIM before I finally got through it... I can recall saying PLEASE let his *** be dead... when I got through the final stage. I truly felt fatigued and had to turn the game off.

The final boss fight made me want to turn the game off. I didn't research it online, I didn't look anything up. However, after getting tghrough it... I just wanted a break. I felt exhausted, but accomplished. So, yeah, not a fight for the fient of heart. Not a relaxing experience by any measure... and not what I had hoped for in a co-op shooter experience. However, I did feel accomplished... for what that's worth.... so a mixed bag for me.

:/

IGN
04-17-2013, 11:51 AM
YouTube some videos of the fight to see how to do it, or go check out one of the many guides - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=136738681#

I found Nim to be pretty easy.

Snugglebuns
04-17-2013, 11:52 AM
First off, I did purchase the Ultimate GameStop Edition and if look at all my posts here I praise this game. Despite all the tech issues, etc, I did enjoy the game. Keyword: did.

Ok, having said that. I really am serious when I say the final boss in this game simply zapped all the fun out of game for me. As did some of the other bosses in the game. There is simply way too much BS with them and it feels like a chore WAY TOO much and all the fun, enjoyment, and satisfaction is simply removed form the game itself. Final boss attack at one point is not really able to dodge the super attack and a crap shoot if you will die in 2 hits and have to restart.

I spent nearly 2 hours I'm sure on the final boss. Yes. Nearly 2 hours of try-and-die with attacks that were pure crap shoots of instadeath.

It is so bad I need to repeat myself since the crap of this game warrants it -- the bosses in here are hard for no reason other than being hard for BS reasons. Much like the difficulty gets in the Ninja Gaiden games on Xbox and Xbox 360 days.

If I wanted to feel stressed, feel like fighting a losing battle, or just be overall annoyed to the utmost level -- I would stay at work and never leave.

Trion you REALLY, REALY, REALLY, REALLY, dropped the ball on the difficulty with a lot in this game.

Now if -- and I use the word IF big time here, you were allowed to have other players (ummm, like maybe your friends) join in the ALL the missions and play it like it was a co-op game, then -- and only then -- would I be ok with the difficulty with a lot of this game.

Why can't friends play WITH us ALL thru the game? It feel more like single player with ability to watch other people walking around the world.

Boss fights left me feeling disappointed and soooooooooooooooo much of the fun in the game is now lost to me.

I don't know how much you read about this games difficulty but people have been complaining its way too easy, not too hard. You must have not been actively trying to dodge him. I don't know how you play or what guns you use but I used a green EMC AR and killed him with ease, first try. So, this is the first of Nim being too hard I've heard. Maybe practice some more and polish your skills before you blame the developers for making a game with a challenge.

Durva360
04-17-2013, 11:52 AM
http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii620/deadspace269/onedoesnot_zps5b55d408.jpg (http://s1262.photobucket.com/user/deadspace269/media/onedoesnot_zps5b55d408.jpg.html)

Wynce
04-17-2013, 11:53 AM
Also please edit out the boss's name in your posts for the sake of not spoiling the game for other people. ;) I'm a strong supporter of zero spoilers in all things, books, movies, games, etc.

Not being a jerk, just trying to maximize things for other people to try and enjoy. :)

Done. That was a difficult task though! I think more people would be spoiled by the strategies, and should expect it to be so if they go to a thread labelled about the final boss. xD

escy
04-17-2013, 11:54 AM
Use shotguns with lots of damage like grind fragger and assault rifle for distance shooting( to shoot those clones on the side your on then take cover behind a pillar so the other clones form the other side wont hurt you). any power your use to.(i used overcharge for more damage to kill those clone as fast i can) perks celluar armor and fortitude. any others perk you would like

RiverStyxHorror
04-17-2013, 11:56 AM
I just used cloak and flare gun. Or course, before the patch there was higher damage. But it still stacks well because you can light him on fire. Only took 15 minutes tops.

PitBull76
04-17-2013, 11:56 AM
good thing he isn't the final boss since there is at least 5 DLC coming in the future, each one I'm sure will have another boss at the end.

xxTactics42xx
04-17-2013, 11:57 AM
It ruined it for me for about an hour which is the amount of time it took me to complete but afterwards I felt very rewarded for completing it. But o boy was a *****y **** for that hour lol I apologize to the people that were in my party chat for that

RLStroud
04-17-2013, 11:58 AM
I agree with your point about wishing you could always be in a group during every part of the story.

As for the final boss, yes he was annoying to me, but not difficult to beat. I know you've already beaten it but in case someone comes in here looking for tips on how to take him out, I'll just tell my strategy.

I used Overcharge, FRC SAW and a shotgun as my backup. My shield was a Respark Regnerator. Essentially all I did was roll around all over the place. When he powers up for the ranged attacks, just hide behind a column. I actually spent most of my time in the fight in one of the back corners rolling figure 8s around the columns back there. When he did manage to hit me (which was rare) my respark had me charged back up fully before he could do it again. I used overcharge whenever I could (though I tried to save it for when my mag was low to get the insta-reload) and just spammed the LMG. Went right through it with no problem, and I'm not the kind of guy who is usually good at these types of things.

I actually had a more difficult time fighting the 99er boss because I kept killing the little flamethrower guys with my SAW rather than just damaging them lol.

Soberranger
04-17-2013, 12:22 PM
He was tough, I'll admit.. but with the nature of the game being "Grind and Find", it's always possible to make your arkhunter stronger and then come back :) also, I had to change the way I played to defeat him..while I usually pick of baddies from far away with ARs or Snipers, I had to take a guerilla like approach by hiding out of line of sight, then when I'd see an opportunity I'd give him a blast of a high damage shotgun with fire nanoeffect ( that I had found while only EGO level 75).. he really doesnt have much health and is quite predictable

Draaconis
04-17-2013, 12:24 PM
I can't figure out why everyone is having such an problem with this final fight. It took me close to 15 minutes and never went down. Is everyone else trying to stand toe-to-toe with him or something? It is a frakin boss fight after all.

SHAD0WEN
04-17-2013, 12:55 PM
some one needs to make a sign with the picture of the black knight from the holy grail with nim's head on it.

Cynical Jester
04-17-2013, 12:59 PM
Oh wtf... Another one of these threads.. seriously? I hate everything I can't insta pew pew.. oh no.. The boss is easy.. oh no.. the boss is hard.. Oh no.. its the end of the world! Woe is me!!...

I hate humans... thus indeed.. I do hate myself.

SHAD0WEN
04-17-2013, 01:03 PM
*passes blunt to cynical jester* here this shtako will calm your nerves.

dash x73
04-17-2013, 01:21 PM
i felt like the final boss was fairly easy... and was the same difficulty as say a nintendo nes game boss.. remember mike tyson punch out, you really have to just observe the movements of the boss and see when you can deal damage and when you need to block.

I used cloak, and a shotgun, i felt like I was in a boxing match the entire time, it was fun, I had a detonator for my secondary and I would place stickys at points he would regularly walk to and I would detonate them.

lemieux
04-17-2013, 01:34 PM
Oh wtf... Another one of these threads.. seriously? I hate everything I can't insta pew pew.. oh no.. The boss is easy.. oh no.. the boss is hard.. Oh no.. its the end of the world! Woe is me!!...

I hate humans... thus indeed.. I do hate myself.

That makes 2 of us.

Next time actually put some effort and thought into your post and maybe try to make it productive instead of just trying to increase your thread count.

SandmanSix8
04-17-2013, 06:37 PM
Not Everyone plays hardcore mode, I have tried multiple times and cannot beat him, I play FPS shooters all the time. I can get to stage 3 then I get sacked too much, after the numerous attempts I really think it sucks.

Think of it this way, if you bought a e-reader to read your books. What if the e-reader decided that if you cannot read the book according to their speed, say 3 seconds per page it blocks you from finding out the ending to the story. Would you want to read anymore stories if you knew it might block your knowing the ending?

No other boss fight or chapter has 3 final stages, this should have been an optional challenge not a end to the story mission. I would have liked to have seen the ending, not gonna happen, I do not have the reflexes to stay ahead of the curve.

TTF Spartan 657
04-17-2013, 07:02 PM
love the way people moan about the game being to hard... its a good thing! whats the point in playing a game where you can blast everything in one hit... the thing that ruined borderlands for me was the people modding weapons!... this game is amazing and yeah some parts are challenging which is good! two choices! man the **** up and stop *****ing! or keep crying about it and stop playing! Trion don't need to make it any easier then it already is! its a BOSS fight for a reason! not meant to be a walk in the park lol

Dread0124
04-17-2013, 07:05 PM
Oh man i RAGED hard on Nim but after i beat him...it was one of those "**** yeah" moments and became worth it...thats what hard bosses are all about man !

Maximus Prime
04-17-2013, 07:12 PM
Final Boss ruined the game for me.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?41639-54-years-old-BEAT-NIM!!!!!

Rogue345
04-17-2013, 07:27 PM
I personally found the boss 2 easy. I do wish they let us have friends join in every one of the main quests.
And i think it would be cool if we had a Hard Mode we can turn on that makes mobs stronger (as if 1-4 people where around but only works if no one is around you) for when im in a mood for something harder.

Kronic
04-17-2013, 07:37 PM
I never died once during the boss battle, Idk why everyone whines he is so hard. Over half the server has probably beat him I see tons of people have the end game title now. Stop crying and learn a strategy that works

WaterSlinky
04-17-2013, 08:08 PM
you must suck^

GodSpark
04-17-2013, 08:31 PM
Not Everyone plays hardcore mode, I have tried multiple times and cannot beat him, I play FPS shooters all the time. I can get to stage 3 then I get sacked too much, after the numerous attempts I really think it sucks.

Think of it this way, if you bought a e-reader to read your books. What if the e-reader decided that if you cannot read the book according to their speed, say 3 seconds per page it blocks you from finding out the ending to the story. Would you want to read anymore stories if you knew it might block your knowing the ending?

No other boss fight or chapter has 3 final stages, this should have been an optional challenge not a end to the story mission. I would have liked to have seen the ending, not gonna happen, I do not have the reflexes to stay ahead of the curve.

It is the final boss. It is supposed to be unique and extra difficult. That said, I beat him on the first try without much trouble. It IS doable. You just have to learn when to shoot and when to dodge, duck, dip, dive, and dodge.

Snugglebuns
04-17-2013, 08:41 PM
It is the final boss. It is supposed to be unique and extra difficult. That said, I beat him on the first try without much trouble. It IS doable. You just have to learn when to shoot and when to dodge, duck, dip, dive, and dodge.

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball!

Thanx4tehfish
04-17-2013, 09:25 PM
After beating him twice now I can say he is doable. But he is also cheap. And the biggest problem is the game does not prepare you for the insane difficulty spike. All of the tactics you have learned throughout the game do not apply. That is the opposite of how a final boss battle should be.

rough lander
04-18-2013, 12:41 AM
It sound like you and me have a very similar story i got the untimate box to thought the game was great but yhat final boss is a deal breaker i ve lost over 2000 scrip trying to kill the final boss what can pretty well kill you in two hits when he spams his blur dash attack it seem pretty cheap they need to half the damage on that attack but it already a lost cause for me i smash my controller after being killed more time f**king count and using multiple weapons tactics and powers restarting the mission 3 times so thats why the game it f**king ruined for me plue being spawn killed by invisible enemies what can shoot you through all cover really all i want is a new controller what doesn't resemble a two piece Wii Remote

Blastiel
04-18-2013, 12:45 AM
Easy or not the boss was only difficult because of poor programming. I'd rather die a million times by a boss who was actually showing some intelligence than one who is just given a giant enemy crab that does 1000000000000 damage and insta kills.

agiantmudcrab
04-18-2013, 12:46 AM

Somebody needs new weapons.

Cryogenick
04-18-2013, 02:08 AM
Try harder.

killerbee04x
04-18-2013, 02:13 AM
me too.. the final boss sucks..

Cl Chaos
04-18-2013, 03:04 AM

god 1st ppl complain games are too easy now they complain they are too hard wah >< the boss was not hard at all like everything in gaming learn his pattern and its easy stage one roll a lot i used the Diablo SMG and fire bombs stage 2 Diablo SMG and a scattergun with firebombs stage 3 Diablo SMG and jumping a lot to avoid the "ground pound" this whole game was easy i want it to be tougher for one

JD nutz
04-18-2013, 03:23 AM
yeah the final boss ruined it for me he was well easy i died once because my revive wouldn,t work.

rough lander
04-22-2013, 06:21 AM
It sound like you and me have a very similar story i got the untimate box to thought the game was great but yhat final boss is a deal breaker i ve lost over 2000 scrip trying to kill the final boss what can pretty well kill you in two hits when he spams his blur dash attack it seem pretty cheap they need to half the damage on that attack but it already a lost cause for me i smash my controller after being killed more time f**king count and using multiple weapons tactics and powers restarting the mission 3 times so thats why the game it f**king ruined for me plue being spawn killed by invisible enemies what can shoot you through all cover really all i want is a new controller what doesn't resemble a two piece Wii Remote

Okay I've beat nim now and everythings good I was able to do it by spamming that gun with heals your shield the second he did that blue charging thing im happy now but I think the game developers took my last post personally because now whenever there is a orange crystal arkfall im not doing any damage at all according to the final leaderboard and I was used to score in the top five consistently now I'm baffled why every arkfall I do I show up for I'm doing absolutely no damage at all sorry trion game developers who ever watching this format I'm sorry for my last post I apologize can you please stop bagging on my characters I'm not going to lie you did make me a tricky bastard to beat more luck than anyhing but I digress the rest of the games is fun but this arkfall glitch or whatever you have me in is really annoying
Careful what you write people they are WATCHING DUN DUN DUH

BunkeredSphinx
04-22-2013, 07:37 AM
If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball!
This^^^

bloody boss at the end took me 20 min.

mrgrimezHD
04-22-2013, 07:38 AM

Right, so because you spent 2 hours on the final boss the game has now left a 'Bitter' taste in your mouth? ooooo....k then, well that just seems like a classic case of pure rage simply because you couldn't do it sooner.

Let's be honest, if it was too easy, you'd be on here complaining about it. I can't actually believe you had the cheek to mention Ninja Gaiden. That game built it's reputation for being one of the hardest to complete, speed runs, without dying, only using a certain weapon etc let me guess, you played that, thought it was hard and went onto the forums to say how it left a 'Bitter taste' in your mouth?

Seriously, some people need to grow some balls and man up around here, if it isn't one thing it's another, I never actually thought I'd see a thread were the OP is actually complaining on how hard the Boss is. It's a bloody Boss for Christ sake, it wouldn't be much of a Boss if you didn't get your arse kicked a few times, other wise see my previous comment about complaining it's too easy.

Let me guess, you was quite happy running around, dodging and firing your weapons at enemies across the world of Defiance world feeling like a total badass right? but as soon as you get your s**t pushed in by a Boss, this game loses all respect? that's pretty pathetic if you ask me.

Trion dropped the ball?.. how? .. because they created a Boss that you couldn't complete in a certain amount of time while others seemed to fly through it with no trouble whatsoever? yeah because that logic makes sense. No offense to the OP and the other people who 'Totally get what he's saying' but let's face it, if the game was too easy then you'd be complaining about it regardless.

This I totally agree with, I couldn't understand why my friends couldn't join in with me in all fairness. If I'm honest I thought it was pretty lame that I had to solo somethings while my friends went and did something else.

loken
04-22-2013, 07:48 AM
the boss isn't that hard hes just annoying

i used a fast recharge shield ( 3 second), cluster-shot shotgun ( lobs grenades), and a BMG as backup. its nothing more than dodge and attack, classic boss fights.

AddictedNoob
04-22-2013, 07:51 AM
Nim was hard for me the first time, then the 2nd he was easy. I'll be killing him a 3rd time soon.

Soobydoo
04-22-2013, 07:59 AM
It's like you're eating a 5 course dinner, loving the appetizer, entree etc. and then complaining about the whole meal because your coffee was lukewarm.

It's the last boss....shouldn't he be difficult? I. don't. understand.

BunkeredSphinx
04-22-2013, 08:37 AM
It's like you're eating a 5 course dinner, loving the appetizer, entree etc. and then complaining about the whole meal because your coffee was lukewarm.

It's the last boss....shouldn't he be difficult? I. don't. understand.

yup totally. although as someone stated earlier the level of enemy A.I did not increase as you got nearer him or final battle so people will find it very hard.

my in game tactic is to bulldoze everything with overcharge on that doesn't work to well with Nim.

Aztrial
04-22-2013, 08:39 AM

Lmao, i know how you feel Nim almost make me break my headset. i beat him though, its a pretty good game just fustrating at times. ^^

UsuallyDope
04-22-2013, 08:46 AM
Wowwwwwww OP is so Butthurt, Nim was easy. This is why we can't have nice games. Whenever something is "hard" someone always cries, which leads to more kids crying which leads to nerfs. Congratulations OP, this posts lumps you in with the thousands that cried and turned other games (like WoW) into the trash they are today.

LemonDoctor
04-22-2013, 09:02 AM
I used a A pump shotgun, cant remember the name of it, 166x12 dmg and 13 size clip and I used the overcharge ego and the 1 perk that boost your health by 225 when maxed out. 1st part was all about dodging and timing. 2nd part, I hid behind one of the pillars waiting for him to come on by and just blasted him away, again and again. 3rd part basically the same thing i did with part 2, just a bit more mobility. this took about 15-20mins
It wasn't an easy fight, but it wasn't an ungodly hard fight, It was challenging and i died a few times.

all the other bosses never put up much of a challenge, which was disappointing.

OMGr8573
04-22-2013, 09:04 AM
Thing is this is a MMORPG, there is no such thing as a final boss. These type of games goes on and on, never-ending. They'll always be new places added, new monsters, weapons, etc Not only do we have free updates, but then there's Season Passes, and I'm sure within a year or so we'll have an exp pak.

Quorin
04-22-2013, 09:13 AM
Dear game developers stop making games challenging said no one

bartish
04-22-2013, 09:28 AM
set your ego perks up correctly... get a spanner and then do it

dejarnat
04-22-2013, 09:53 AM
Nim seemed difficult to me because not only are his attacks cheap but, mainly, the hit detection in this game sucks. When you dive-roll out of the way of a charging enemy and still get hit due to the poor hit detection, it makes it infinately more frustrating, the same as when you are completely behind a pillar and his diving attack still hits you. I found that diving (dodging) at either a 10 o'clock or 2 o'clock trajectory (slightly forward and to the side) instead of 9 or 3 helped a lot.

Zeldron
04-22-2013, 09:54 AM
Maybe i beat that guy with a way to high ego. I just use cloak and a sawed off shotgun to the back of the skull. With sticky detinators when he was zipping around.. It was a little difficult but if it was easy that would kill the game.. Right?

Zeldron
04-22-2013, 09:58 AM
Nim seemed difficult to me because not only are his attacks cheap but, mainly, the hit detection in this game sucks. When you dive-roll out of the way of a charging enemy and still get hit due to the poor hit detection, it makes it infinately more frustrating, the same as when you are completely behind a pillar and his diving attack still hits you. I found that diving (dodging) at either a 10 o'clock or 2 o'clock trajectory (slightly forward and to the side) instead of 9 or 3 helped a lot.

I dont understand this one before he hits the ground jump... Damage prevented....

hellrex
04-22-2013, 09:59 AM
<strong>Trolling or Baiting:</strong> Trolling is defined as something that is posted for shock value, to provoke conflict, or to elicit a strong negative or emotional reaction. It’s okay to disagree with others, and even to debate, but provoking conflict, baiting, inciting, mocking, etc. is not acceptable. If you don't have something constructive or meaningful to add to a discussion, we recommend you refrain from posting in that one and find another discussion to participate in instead.
<p>

dejarnat
04-22-2013, 10:03 AM
I dont understand this one before he hits the ground jump... Damage prevented....

That works ok too (I still got hit with it sometimes). The point is, if Nim is on one side of a pillar and jumps up for his dive attack and you move to the complete opposite side of the pillar, you should not be hit with the attack (hypothetically). The same way if you are behind cover, you should not be hit with an explosive's splash damage.

Due to the poor hit detection, even if you show that you are in cover or otherwise shielded, the game will still register damage. This is how I took most of my damage from Nim.

Zeldron
04-22-2013, 10:07 AM
That works ok too (I still got hit with it sometimes). The point is, if Nim is on one side of a pillar and jumps up for his dive attack and you move to the complete opposite side of the pillar, you should not be hit with the attack (hypothetically). The same way if you are behind cover, you should not be hit with an explosive's splash damage.

Due to the poor hit detection, even if you show that you are in cover or otherwise shielded, the game will still register damage. This is how I took most of my damage from Nim.

its a area or total room attack.... Ok some of his attacks are very over powered but that was what i feel was fun.. A easy journey does not get a rewarding end only a hard one does.

lil frier
04-22-2013, 10:11 AM
http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii620/deadspace269/onedoesnot_zps5b55d408.jpg (http://s1262.photobucket.com/user/deadspace269/media/onedoesnot_zps5b55d408.jpg.html)

Absolute lie. Beat him on my first try. Got knocked down once simply because I knew I could be careless and do so with the self-revive available, but that was it. I'm not sure if people are just incompetent or new to shooters here, because this boss was incredibly easy. Grabbed myself an SMG and a Pump Shotgun and took him down without much effort.

In my opinion, people just don't understand that you counter a fast-moving, lunging enemy by rolling and running. That's all it took for me. I'd roll a lot, run a lot, and when he did his lunge, I was already out of the way of it. I then turned, laid a few bullets into him, rolled, he lunged where I just was, and I repeated. The decoys? I didn't care. Get them as close as you can, grenade, see which ones don't disappear.

The entire trick to the fight is patience and movement, and it sounds like the complainers primarily:

1. Aren't patient.
2. Can't move.
3. Want a boss that doesn't put up a fight.

I mean, OP is complaining about 2 hours on this boss? I spent more than that on the last level of Halo: Reach on Legendary, no question.

dejarnat
04-22-2013, 10:12 AM
its a area or total room attack.... Ok some of his attacks are very over powered but that was what i feel was fun.. A easy journey does not get a rewarding end only a hard one does.

Having and overpowered attack is ok as long as you don't get hit with it cheaply (i.e. "Oh, I moved too soon/late and payed the price. I should time it better so as not to be struck again!") not, "Bull****, I dodged that!"

Don't get me wrong, after the fight I felt very rewarded and was up telling the Nim what he could do. (Hint: It was profane.)

lil frier
04-22-2013, 10:13 AM
Dear game developers stop making games challenging said no one

Sadly, said the vocal WoW community.

dejarnat
04-22-2013, 10:14 AM
I spent more than that on the last level of Halo: Reach on Legendary, no question.

As did I. I try to forget that gaming episode.........

AntTony917
04-22-2013, 10:25 AM
I didnt think Nim was hard at all just tedious, I only had to restart one time on the third part all i did was jump roll and nade when i could save up for decoy and unload with an LMG once i got it down to two him and another clone i just pulled out my shotty went to town on him.....and repeated that until he died he didnt do much dmg to me at all

Lord Blackthorn
04-22-2013, 10:29 AM
I still have no idea what everyone is complaining about with Nim.
I beat him the first time with an LMG by just hiding behind the pillars when he does his smash attack then poping out and shooting him till he vanishes...

I had to self-revive once.

dejarnat
04-22-2013, 10:33 AM
All said and done, at least the mother****** doesn't have rechargeable shields like his homies do. Could you image the frustration that would carry?

Daimyon
04-22-2013, 11:07 AM
I understand how people get frustrated with this fight. The problem is that most people go all out, thinking it's like the rest of the game and don't pay attention to the fight. Nim is incredibly simple if you take a few minutes to look at the fight.

Phase 1: All of his attacks are on a set pattern. He does the exact same moves in the exact same order the exact same amount of times. All you need to do is count them out, and you'll know when you have an opening.

Phase 2: Knowing him and his clones start on the other side of the map, you can prematurely plant detonator rounds on the other side of the map. The second you see him appear, detonate, and all is well.

Phase 3: Run around a pillar and line of sight him until he does his ground smash ability, then run back around and hit him with a sawed off blast to the face.

It's not like I've done the fight a million times, or researched it at all. I figured this out after only a few minutes on each phase. People get too caught up with their frustrations and don't stop to consider strategy instead of going in guns blazing.

Obvious Lee
04-22-2013, 11:11 AM

i did. easily.

lil audiofreek
04-22-2013, 11:18 AM
Nim shondu is the only challenging boss on the game and you moan lol, hate to see what you would be like on call of duty or battlefield.

EmptyFibers
04-22-2013, 11:20 AM
Nim = Challenging.... LMAO!

RoG Goat
04-22-2013, 11:25 AM
Are you serious? You enjoyed everything about the game... and fighting the final boss... somehow magically removed all the fun you had?

Get over yourself.

L3ktr1kgrl79
04-22-2013, 11:28 AM

^^This. I had this problem in third phase. So I put it away. And now due to other problems I've seen pop up on these forums and on my clan's forum, I'm scared to log in.

Daimyon
04-22-2013, 11:47 AM
Guys, don't rip on him for voicing his opinion. You have to admit, Nim is a bit of a shocker compared to the rest of the game. Most people are in a clan that can offer advice how to take him down, or at least have friends who can. Some people just go in blind and come out sore. I'm sure this experience will not sully the rest of the upcoming content for the OP.

MirrorStream
04-22-2013, 11:48 AM
You have to admit, Nim is a bit of a shocker compared to the rest of the game.
No, he isn't

Daimyon
04-22-2013, 11:52 AM
No, he isn't

no? So there are other enemies that have all 4 EGO abilities, manipulate the terrain, have three phases and can one-shot you? If so, who? I'm sorry, but I'm not going to say "no he isn't" just because I beat him with relative ease. I've been playing video games since Nintendo was first released, I have patience and it was ok for me. Other people, probably like yourself, are fairly proficient at games and can take on challenges like Nim with relative ease. That doesn't take away from the fact that the fight is unlike anything else in the game, currently.

Another
04-22-2013, 11:53 AM

It took me 5 minutes to beat him.
There are much harder encounters. Try killing 2 Hulkers (after the update) simultaneously, while also dodging dumb*** raiders.

boosted gear
04-22-2013, 11:53 AM
Just did nim last night and walked in putting everything I learnt in the game and developing my play style and got owned I refused to back down and went in with a stronger gun... Got owned again lol when I changed my tactics and changed weapon I got through with a few nervy moments but came out the other side.

Its more about preparation when it comes to nim change things up.

Daimyon
04-22-2013, 11:55 AM
Just did nim last night and walked in putting everything I learnt in the game and developing my play style and got owned I refused to back down and went in with a stronger gun... Got owned again lol when I changed my tactics and changed weapon I got through with a few nervy moments but came out the other side.

Its more about preparation when it comes to nim change things up.
I commend you for your resilience. I am am almost positive that most of the people posting about how easy he is and how they beat him on the first attempt were equipped with at least advice from fellow players.

MirrorStream
04-22-2013, 12:14 PM
no? So there are other enemies that have all 4 EGO abilities, manipulate the terrain, have three phases and can one-shot you? If so, who? I'm sorry, but I'm not going to say "no he isn't" just because I beat him with relative ease. I've been playing video games since Nintendo was first released, I have patience and it was ok for me. Other people, probably like yourself, are fairly proficient at games and can take on challenges like Nim with relative ease. That doesn't take away from the fact that the fight is unlike anything else in the game, currently.

There were many places in the game where there many enemies, that kill you quiet fast. The thing is - death during this mission provides almost no influence on players, 180 scrip deduction is lol. Don't know what happens if you fail during Nim fight - it restarts? or the whole mission? And also which one-shot attack are you talking about?

MirrorStream
04-22-2013, 12:14 PM
doublepost

MirrorStream
04-22-2013, 12:15 PM
There are much harder encounters. Try killing 2 Hulkers (after the update) simultaneously, while also dodging dumb*** raiders.

where did you find two of them? О_о

dejarnat
04-22-2013, 12:17 PM
There were many places in the game where there many enemies, that kill you quiet fast. The thing is - death during this mission provides almost no influence on players, 180 scrip deduction is lol. Don't know what happens if you fail during Nim fight - it restarts? or the whole mission? And also which one-shot attack are you talking about?

You restart from right outside the Nim area at the top of the ramp. I had him down to almost nothing at one point and the hit detection said I got hit and died.

Nim: "Pew, pew, I got you!"
Me: "Nuh Uh!! You missed."
Nim: "Yuh huh!! I did so! UR DEAD!!"

BlyndDragon
04-22-2013, 12:48 PM
i walked right through him without effort, nim was a laugh at best just a long fight

rampag3
04-22-2013, 12:53 PM
I beat him with just a shotgun and cloak at around lvl 700

maggotking
04-22-2013, 12:54 PM
I had no issue with the boss fight, i think i got killed one time but that was my fault. I kinda got my face blown off due to lack of reflexes lol. But i will agree with you on one thing and that is the co-op element of the game needs some fixing. If im doing the main quest line and my friends are at the same point in the story as i am it would be nice to bring them along and not have to join phase every 5min or so.

JimFinklestein
04-22-2013, 12:58 PM
five minutes? really?

Jaxon
04-22-2013, 01:08 PM
His attacks are ground based jump and shoot nuff said(completed him all three phases 25 mins using bmg spanner and scattergun)

lil frier
04-22-2013, 01:15 PM
Are you serious? You enjoyed everything about the game... and fighting the final boss... somehow magically removed all the fun you had?

Get over yourself.

In fairness, have you watched the show Awake? I enjoyed the show just fine until the end. For the last 30 minutes of the show, I (for the first time ever) actually sat there, watching the show crash and burn in anger, praying they'd stop what they were doing and make the ending good.

The last 30 minutes of that showed ruined the whole thing (though it was only one season), and I now say I hate the show in its entirety as a result.

The difference here is that OP's just mad he had to try.

Shismar
04-22-2013, 01:23 PM
Some players have had issues with this fight as long as it exists. I know I wasted three hours of my life the first time I tried it and failed. I have beaten him twice since so I know how it works, thanks. This fight is simply badly structured and boring. In addition it is very reliant on your internet connection and PC performance. Add some folks with little twitch skill and it does not work!

Solutions have been proposed multiple times. One is letting a friend join. This is an MMO after all. My suggestion would be to give players time after being defeated to swap out loadout and perks. There are some configurations that give a definite advantage. Chances are that most players have the tools and just need the time to figure out which work.

And for heaven's sake, please a hard mode for all those twitch wizards who believe it is to easy already. If someone needs it to feel good, fine with me. To me the fight was a chore and I was just glad I had it done.

Ps: on PC, make sure to remap the roll key to something more accessible.

illuzionofdeath
04-22-2013, 01:38 PM
killed it first try at like 300 ego
took about 35mins or so

duction
04-22-2013, 02:04 PM
just completed him a 2nd time around, only died once this time...... and that was because of the bug where you press revive as soon as you can and its restarts the mission as if you let your char bleed out!? ugh bug reported,

turkeywire
04-22-2013, 02:21 PM
I don't get why people are having such a hard time all i did was use a shotgun and rolled when i needed to. It's pretty damn easy.

AndyXTheXGamer
04-22-2013, 02:30 PM
I thought he was pretty easy....

RowdyLaBear
04-22-2013, 02:33 PM
i beat him first try no warm ups with a tele-spanner bmg took me about 15 mins wasent very hard at all honestly i just hide behind the pillars for the big attacks and just slow drained him with the spanner since it was a bmg i constantly hit him

Dazz
04-22-2013, 02:39 PM

I tried that. Maybe I have too much lag or I'm just not fast enough, but I still got pounded when I saw it coming and jumped.

Dazz
04-22-2013, 02:44 PM

it also helps to remap ctrl and z. Found myself launching stupid windows in the middle of the fight and dying. I mapped roll to spacebar and jump to alt. There's a lot of stuff going on in that one little space there and its easy to get yourself all screwed up if you fat finger a button in mid fight.

GodSpark
04-22-2013, 05:46 PM
I am am almost positive that most of the people posting about how easy he is and how they beat him on the first attempt were equipped with at least advice from fellow players.

No, I've just played enough games to know how most boss fights work. I watched him for about a minute, figured out when to shoot and when to evade. Repeat for each phase and you have a dead boss.

It's also worth mentioning that Jackleg Joe, while not exactly like Nim, did introduce a need for different mechanics in order to defeat him. And you have to beat him as it is part of the story, it's like a warm up. Dy'Dekuso and the Motherlode do this as well. So the "He is so different" excuse isn't exactly valid.

Znkd
04-22-2013, 06:35 PM
I can understand everyones difficulties with game bosses these days. But i beat Nim Shondu for the second time earlier today. Quite a challenge, but isn't that some of the aspects in most games? I prefer challenging games rather than games that are completed in what, a few good hours? Just get some explosives onto him and he'll be beaten in no time.

lil frier
04-22-2013, 08:07 PM
Some players have had issues with this fight as long as it exists. I know I wasted three hours of my life the first time I tried it and failed. I have beaten him twice since so I know how it works, thanks. This fight is simply badly structured and boring. In addition it is very reliant on your internet connection and PC performance. Add some folks with little twitch skill and it does not work!

Solutions have been proposed multiple times. One is letting a friend join. This is an MMO after all. My suggestion would be to give players time after being defeated to swap out loadout and perks. There are some configurations that give a definite advantage. Chances are that most players have the tools and just need the time to figure out which work.

And for heaven's sake, please a hard mode for all those twitch wizards who believe it is to easy already. If someone needs it to feel good, fine with me. To me the fight was a chore and I was just glad I had it done.

This is the Xbox forum, we care not about your PC Master Race problems.

Noahsmokeshack
04-22-2013, 09:15 PM
I used the ground pounder with mag mod for 6 rounds and blur. Basically just loaded him up when he ran at me, blur to get away and X. Decimated him.

rralpheboy
04-22-2013, 09:23 PM
Not sure why he ruined the game for you.... yeah he was very challenging and he pissed me off a lot!! When I finally beat him it was a great feeling. Now you wanna know what sucks........ RESIVIOR CHICKEN!!!!!!! That side mission really sucks, as soon as I achieve the silver trophy I know that it will feel good not to have to deal with that side mission anymore.

NextDoor
05-14-2013, 07:13 AM
Agree. Haven't finished it, won't finish it and will not continue playing. I loved this game but if I can't get through the story and have fun doing the tv show and other random missions with everyone else because I'm confined to the final boss for hours then I don't want to play. I'm the type that can just drop the mission and come back later so I'm now burned out and have no desire to continue playing. It's unfortunate and aggregating. Now I feel I didn't get my money's worth.

Zugo
05-14-2013, 08:32 AM
Use a BMG, a 3sec delay/40% recharge shield, Perks... Rear Guard, Cellular armor, Thick Skinned.

Klay
05-15-2013, 02:08 AM
I do see where you are coming from about the friend and having people join you aspect.

But honestly I thought Nim was relatively easy. I got him on the first try in maybe 15-20 minutes using a heavy scattershot and a TACC Assault. At least he is the final boss haha! But some bosses or challenges are a little crazy (motherlode, dekuso) now Nim was much harder than them, but not game ruining. For me at least.

i agree i used the over power ego with a LMG ( the one that dose 400 dmg per hit) there were some close calls but if you can see his attacks coming they can be dodged. one thing i learned about this guy first time round is not to get up close. stay far away. i was able to beat the final boss first time round and was surprised to hear people having trouble when i when to the nearest city. so yeah overpower, lmg(400 dmg) and keep a good amount of distance.

hope this helps

Pyrael
05-15-2013, 04:09 AM
dont play dark souls dude there could be a hospital visit on the cards for you if you do !

Violetcoast
05-15-2013, 04:40 AM
dont play dark souls dude there could be a hospital visit on the cards for you if you do !

So true! He wasn't difficult, just tedious. It was too long of a final battle without enough variations. Boring final battle.

Ryzaerian
05-15-2013, 05:18 AM
I died one time during my first Nim attempt. Used my self-revive and finished him off. And I even had Overcharge equipped like a noob, cause I didn't know the fight and thought it'd be a good idea. It's arguably the worst ability for him. Don't just go into the fight button-mashing. Whine less, adapt more, observe your enemy, and roll like a muddafugga. =)

Moa
05-15-2013, 05:47 AM
Let me preface this by saying that I did beat Nim and "passed" the main story missions.

I think they should eventually change these forced solo instances to co-op. Doesn't necessarily have to be up to 4 players, 2 players would be nice. Jackleg & Nim were pretty challenging and I'm sure they alienated quite a few people who otherwise loved this game but don't want to be forced into solo instances to continue the main mission storyline.

Youkai Risu
05-15-2013, 06:40 AM

I m sorry to hear you had trouble with the boss but personally after 4 times of trying I figured out fast shield recharge/higher capacity, a good frag or pyro grenade, a auto shotgun with 8/10 round magazine, and auto lobber made it easy to clear through it. It's all about stragey an some bosses will be harder than others. Was Nim hard? Hells yes. But god like, like everyone keeps bringing Nim up to be and unbeatable? Hell no!
Stragey is key to mmo's so have some control and change up stragities, it isn't easy but I have faith that everyone can beat him. I m on my second play through, I expect to wipe Nim in a matter of 5 minutes or less.

Bane Farseeker
05-15-2013, 07:59 AM
While I didn't have too much trouble with Nim (died twice) it definitely wasn't fun. First off solo only is bad. Secondly being in an empty room with no cover and a guy bouncing around super fast wasn't much fun either. After than it was ok, but it took me a long time. Got tired of the stuff Nim was saying over and over.

Nightroad
05-15-2013, 11:16 AM

Dark Souls was far worse than the final boss of Defiance XD Though another game i'd like to point out is Monster Hunter. Learning to dodge roll through a roar takes far more skill than running around and screaming while spamming a BMG. Might just be my opinion though...

Now to actually add to this constructively, I actually never used a BMG in a boss fight so when i went into it i actually used a Det and a pistol. Det wasn't nearly as useful till near the end but the pistol made things go rather smoothly. Headshots work wonders! Oh and good luck on you next attempt :cool:

defiant
05-15-2013, 12:26 PM
lol mmotps, i wish this was an rpg so bad there might be real consequences and choices but its a pretty dumbed down tps imo at least
I just didn't like How bosses were made difficult because it would always just be this routine window that a blind monkey couldn't miss and if you aren't in the mood to sit around auto aiming your best stat weapon at said boss you wont find safety in classic roll dodge moves, instead a grenade will blatantly miss you yet you will take vast damage in punishment for trying to outclass the boss like an rpg. That said I've never had a hard time in this game because its just a matter of aiming your best stats at criticals than bunnyhopping because of the lack of cover. When I heard we might get an mmorpg i was so excited but I still got it knowing it'd be a tps casual point and shoot fest. For my best communal /multiplayer rpg my go to is still dark souls, I have a great time here but the world of zero progression, and everybodys a winner without winning, mic shout fest can be trivial

Laughing Man
05-15-2013, 12:33 PM

Bitter taste the game left me with.pffff i killed Nim in one turn.game is really easy.dunno how bad u play? uninstall defiance and go play mario.

micky dad
05-15-2013, 12:34 PM

mate i so sure agree with you i find it hard and boring sick of hearing about people who say it is so easy, bully for you some of us dont think it is so just will not bother with this mission problem solved

CaveMan
05-15-2013, 01:33 PM
mate i so sure agree with you i find it hard and boring sick of hearing about people who say it is so easy, bully for you some of us dont think it is so just will not bother with this mission problem solved

mere adhd children of today's age to where if a game was too hard you just adjust the lvl and beat it that way. for example Skyrim. And when you come across a game that has a set difficutly you cry cause it's too hard. NES games all had a set difficulty and if you couldn't beat it the first time you kept trying and back then there were no saves just lives and when you ran out you had to start over from the beginning, like contra, mario, lifeforce etc.

Nim plays like an nes game. He does the same moves over and over. follows a direct pattern in you will. if you learn his pattern you can beat him with no problem. I took him down with a shot gun and a pistol. You can roll away from his across the room charge and he moves to i think three different positions b4 he charges and at those three positions b4 the charge he just stands still not attacking so shoot him then. then like the third wave when he is in your face constantly used the pillar in the middle as cover. keep him on the opposite side and pop in and out of cover to shoot him in the face.

Don't cry cause something is too hard it's a game and if were too easy like say fable, skyrim, bioshock, or tomb raider ppl would still be playing it. I don't get on and play bf3 multiplayer cause it's easy no i play it for the challege of playing unpredictable human players...If i wanted easy I'd go waste my money on the crap COD games which are just run and shoot with no skill involved what so ever.

Ryzaerian
05-15-2013, 01:39 PM
Even the first 5 minutes of Dark Souls was far worse than the final boss of Defiance XD

Fixed. xD

/10char

Larry Tanng
05-15-2013, 02:14 PM
The final boss didn't ruin the game for me ONLY because I beat him, so I enjoy playing in a more relaxed way knowing that I can beat him. I think the only reason he's OP is because Trion wants to sell lock boxes to rich kids who hope to get a quick OP weopon from one to help them beat the game.

Nightroad
05-15-2013, 02:39 PM
Fixed. xD

/10char

Good fix! xD and for the person who posted about uninstalling and playing Mario...Lets be serious now. Mario, Zelda, Kirby, Megaman, Sonic, etc. are ALL better than Defiance. One day this game WILL die as nearly every title tends to, but those games will always be known as classics. IJS.

CharmCitysKing
05-15-2013, 04:13 PM

Yea i ffeel the same way dude, I actually never beat Nim just because of how ANNOYING it is....After my first encounter with him and fighting him for 2 hours (like you) I finally just said "F it" and ended the missions becuase its worthless. After that, when i DID decide to give it another shot, I would get half way through the bunker and just end it because it is SO UN-MOTIVATIONAL!!! I sold my game . Its trash

CaveMan
05-15-2013, 04:45 PM
Yea i ffeel the same way dude, I actually never beat Nim just because of how ANNOYING it is....After my first encounter with him and fighting him for 2 hours (like you) I finally just said "F it" and ended the missions becuase its worthless. After that, when i DID decide to give it another shot, I would get half way through the bunker and just end it because it is SO UN-MOTIVATIONAL!!! I sold my game . Its trash

if you sold your game b/c it's supposedly "trash" then why in the heck are you wasting everyone's time on the forums?

Morgana869
05-15-2013, 05:55 PM
I can respect your opinion. I just got through Jack.. I got really frustrated to almost have him dead and die from a friggin grenade but all in all I dont think it was too hard.. You just have to get creative?
I do agree, however, with making all the missions co-op. I really like that idea. Playing with my so and we go on a mission and then the box comes up that its a single player mission - we both sigh and prepare for the grind alone ;)
It'd be "more funner" to be able to do it togeather.

BlackR3ap3r
05-15-2013, 06:16 PM
*SPOILERS**

Nim is just like most rpg bosses, he has a short list of attacks that he repeats for each of his incarnations. All u need is a decent memory and a fairly strong burst or one hit weapon ( I used a shotgun with slugs for the first two incarnations and a burst pistol for the third. Died once at the second stage and 3-4 times at the third ) to dodge the "über" attack stick to the posts and keep nim on the other side they can't all hit you because the bolts can't make sharp turns. For the ground pound attack just jump when he hits the ground and u should be fine.

Gonz0
05-15-2013, 06:28 PM

I personally hate boss fights all together but Nim was a pushover. It helps to back your game play up with a little brainpower. Every boss has a pattern, including Nim.

TheGreatHibiki
05-15-2013, 06:38 PM
I actually went through and won the entire Nim battle with nothing more than a pair of BMG. Well in the end anyway.

It took me I do not want to know how many iterations of dying, cursing, dying again, resisting to snap either the game or the controller in half but I one of iterations brought by me basically not caring anymore i began using a tele-spanner and a shotgun with cloak. I got him 3/4ths of the way down on his first mode. Left for work with that on my mind as that was the farthest I had gotten. So when I got home, I switched it up. Kept with the tele-spanner and added in a stingray-spanner in the shotgun's place. One to attack at range, another to do short range quick fire. Whenever he would build up an attack I'd run willy nilly, usually whimpering as a single hit would have gotten me bloodied, and the stumble system would have kept me down until his next attack killed me. I 'killed' him. I was so happy that I had done it that I almost died when he threw his newest abilities at me. Any time he would jump I would run away, if I wasn't far enough I would jump over the blasts of his crap. The final attack had me using cloak alot. Any time a major attack (the one with the numerous Nim's flinging swords at us) I would cloak so most would miss me. Finally after 45 minutes of running and doing attacks when he was recovering from his latest one shot kill move I barely dodged I got him. Seriously would have preferred the BMG I was carrying to be last shot weapon I was glad it was over. It took far too long and frankly? I'm not that good at these sort of games as others so they really needed to give better loot than that pistol. Frankly the whole Dark matter a-holes just really make me feel like stop playing because they seem to have fully auto sniper rifles instead of smgs the way their crap hits. I've yet stepped back in San Fran after I killed Nim. Arkfall or not.

Gear Cruncher
05-15-2013, 06:41 PM
The final boss is fun I think it gives me something to look forward to for my 3rd play-though

Morgana869
05-15-2013, 06:46 PM
The final boss is fun I think it gives me something to look forward to for my 3rd play-though

high five on a 3rd run through...
Im dragging my feet on my first.

Paklo
05-15-2013, 11:54 PM
sorry you feel that way i personnally feel let down at the ease of bosses in this game especially co-op mission bosses

Ditto to this. But I understand the OPs nerdrage. We have all got stuck on a boss from time to time. I never did beat the last boss on Front Mission Evolved. Still huants me to this day. Just like those @%#%#&@#&$ing Contra games. Never could beat them.

Unsent Soul
05-16-2013, 12:25 AM
This boss was pretty simple. Nothing over the top and he doesn't OHK you. I figured he'd be pretty straight toward and easy just like jackleg Joe... No issues for the 1st time defeating Nim and its only gonna get better...

zzzkinzzz
05-16-2013, 02:53 AM
People need to remember this is not the "final boss" there's a s**t load of the map not open to us yet. this nim was abit of a p***y really. I can't remember what I used on my 1st play though to kill him but I do rememder him not killing me once and thinking that the hulkers were harder then him but anyway. People who struggled to kill him need to work on there game and people like my self who found him abit to easy need to remember there's a lot lot lot more to come :-)

Turantula
05-16-2013, 03:37 AM

Oh yes one does

TheGreatHibiki
05-16-2013, 08:41 AM
Oh yes one does

Must be nice, I frankly never stopped dying until the very last time I tried, and even then he almost got me with those damn terraform crystals of his. I never like boss battles like the ones in this game. I prefer if I am playing a MMO that I have the MMO ability for all missions. Boss or not. Because I am and always shall be the support guy. The kind of support guy who easily gets killed by minor encounters with a pair of 99'ners shotgunners.

I suppose some people reading that would just say I suck at the game, I'd probably agree, but frankly Nim makes me uncertain if I want to keep going once I get to fort defiance with my two other characters.

Moa
05-16-2013, 01:41 PM
People need to remember this is not the "final boss" there's a s**t load of the map not open to us yet. this nim was abit of a p***y really. I can't remember what I used on my 1st play though to kill him but I do rememder him not killing me once and thinking that the hulkers were harder then him but anyway. People who struggled to kill him need to work on there game and people like my self who found him abit to easy need to remember there's a lot lot lot more to come :-)

That is complete BS, Hulkers may take long to kill but they are infinitely easier to kill than Nim. It isn't even close really, with Hulkers you have an expansive fighting field and they do the same 2 or 3 attacks over and over. They take long but are hella easy.

Must be nice, I frankly never stopped dying until the very last time I tried, and even then he almost got me with those damn terraform crystals of his. I never like boss battles like the ones in this game. I prefer if I am playing a MMO that I have the MMO ability for all missions. Boss or not. Because I am and always shall be the support guy. The kind of support guy who easily gets killed by minor encounters with a pair of 99'ners shotgunners.

I suppose some people reading that would just say I suck at the game, I'd probably agree, but frankly Nim makes me uncertain if I want to keep going once I get to fort defiance with my two other characters.

Appreciate the honesty (good post), not sure what time zone you play in but I'd gladly help you out anytime you need it.

Gratty
05-16-2013, 01:48 PM
Nim is very possible to beat. If you are ever still for more than a few seconds, you will die. You must be constantly moving. Secondly, you can beat him with anything. I beat him using a Wolfhound and melees. No EGO power. He is incredibly easy. I beat him in about 4 minutes (almost 5). BMGs and Ground Pounders are good for the more novice players. Rather than complaining about a challenge (which is what a final boss should be) actually try to overcome said challenger. I see endless nonsense on these forums about how the "final boss is too hard". That is absolute nonsense. Final bosses ARE SUPPOSED TO BE DIFFIFCULT. Nim is not worthy of being considered a final boss.

Indra Echo
05-17-2013, 10:26 PM
No insult to the OP or anyone else here intended, but...if I can beat him, and I did, then anyone can beat him.

I've played games with very difficult bosses-Demon's Souls and Dark Souls, so they may have prepared me a bit, but I will say the one big boss in Demon's Souls appears to be sort of used for a model for Nim, and yes, Nim was way easier for me.

I used a BMG to keep my health up and to help continually take his down slowly. I used a detonator, the Matchlock I think it is to try and get rid of chunks of his health. I used a pyro grenade as well. The pyro if it hit him, helped me track him. I also used Cloak and had perks set for me to take less damage.

I did die a few times. But it did not take me two hours to get him.

For the first part, I mostly kept trying to keep running (this is best for all 3 parts as well as paying attention to his moves. In each part he has some obvious hints as to what he will do. You just have to get to know when he's going to throw stuff at you, or charge you. Anytime he paused I tried to hit him with the grenades, pyro and launcher.

In the middle, the BMG helped because all the decoys of him would only show white XP or hit points (you have to turn that on so you can see that you have hit him), but the real Nim would first show white and then kind of yellow XP hit points. So if it was the real one, I could throw a grenade and launch some at him.

For the third part I used the columns as much as possible to block his huge attacks. I used the BMG to heal as much as I could when he would do those too because it helped to block some of them. I still did die a few times. I also tried to get away from him to the other end of the room so I could heal and I'd often cloak and then heal.

I think there are many weapon combos that could work on him-it's about watching what he does, listening to what he says and keep running and make use of the room to block his attacks where possible. I don't think I could have done it without the BMG.

Epedemik
05-17-2013, 11:25 PM
beat him my first try
bmg
patients
rolling
strafing
easy sauce

BreadBox
05-17-2013, 11:36 PM
I hated Nim because he has Sigma syndrome in the fact that he has multiple forms and just won't freaking die. I killed him by jumping around constantly like a lunatic and shooting him with a grenade launcher. Took maybe 15-25 minutes but I didn't die.

CozyMilk
05-18-2013, 01:04 AM
Hmm final boss was lame but most deff. could never ruin this game for me. Also, 2 hours!? Get yo weight up kid...

straygenius
05-18-2013, 02:40 AM
OK I understand the people that say the final boss is easy are actually the game programmers... and pretending to be players to keep us excited in a game doomed to fail for the "bang you are dead" play style that seems to suggest new noob is the old leet (sarcasm).

But seriously, why don't I get another shot with final boss that allows some sort of ratcheting, why does it take away the second life (revive option) so that it's goes from bad to worse and impossible on repeat attempts? That's insane. I assume the more time I spend I would actually build on what I have done up to that point, but the way this is done it tears down my previous accomplishments with every loss totally resetting my progress with the boss and making it WORSE. No reattempts from where I went down, not one, just "bang, dead, ok start COMPLETELY over" making it the most frustrating and stupid boss encounter I've ever seen in twenty four YEARS of gaming, no $hit!

Forsythia
05-18-2013, 04:47 AM
I like how everybody jumps on people in these forums who find the final boss hard. At least there are some people who are trying to help and give tips, but just saying 'get better' doesn't help either. We get it by now, you are the elite and anyone who has even the slighest comment on this boss is a noob.

The problem with the boss is A) you need to solo him, which I find absolutely ridiculous, as this is an MMO and B) nothing in the game prepares you for this fight. So yeah, I get why people complain about him.

MashterChief117
05-18-2013, 05:38 AM
hahaha after defeating him last night I now realise that he wasn't so tough you just need to use your head more instead of running and gunning, defeated him only with my assault rifle I got off of Nolan and a wolfhound as backup with the odd overcharge here and there, I died a few times but I persisted and kicked his alien ***

AutoGibbon
05-20-2013, 04:56 PM
Nim is easy. Nuff said.

Giotto
05-20-2013, 05:10 PM
OP i think fable 2 might be more up your street. You should check it out.

danieldurbin
05-20-2013, 05:55 PM
I just stopped trying that mission for a while to get up my ego lvl and he still kicks my ***. I just get so frustrated with it but I will try your guys's suggestions about how to beat him I hope they work for me. thanks danieldurbin in the game.

Kenshin42
05-20-2013, 06:39 PM
Hey dont feel bad. I played the final boss today and he had about 10% health left and the connection was lost to game. This was far after the patch so it wasn't cause of that. I log back in and im outside the building. That means i have to make my way all the way back to the boss. I had to stop playing a bit because this piss me off so much.

brennanaaron
05-20-2013, 07:26 PM
Welp, there's no way I'm going through 15 pages of posts to see if the advice I offer on Nim helps, but I'm sure it's all repeat that I'm posting.

Immunizer and Spanner are your friends with cloak for those special "oh crap" moments. I used 0sec pyro grenade and fast charging respark. 1st phase run and gun. Second phase let the immunizer bugs do all the work, heal as necessary and just pop the clones on the second level near you and dodge the swords. 3rd phase pick one of the 4 pillars in the room and pillar hump nim to death, as his aoe attacks can't hit you if he's on the other side. Its all about timing and knowing his timing. Also, avoid being close to the crystals when they explode.

Befallen
05-20-2013, 07:27 PM
Only replying and not trying to support drug use.

Had 3 bowls and 4 oz of vodka and I still one shot him and I had blur and some silly infector. If you seriously can't beat this enemy. All I can say is if you are doing anything solo without a respark shield you are asking to fail. The only time you should not have a respark shield is if you are working on a team or you have a bmg to recharge it 100%.

Now I know I sound like an *** or a ******bag (the type of idiot that thinks they're the best and everything is to easy). If I could easily one shot it with the brain working like a monkey from the low electrical signals going to the brain. Then it's that you rushed the game and don't have the correct gear. I know the fight is kind of hard but it's more of a long extended waste of time battle that you feel you are just ticking off damage but nim does the SAME move OVER and OVER again. If you can't memorize it after 3 loses you are either dying WAY to fast from standing in place shooting or not understanding that you need to use cover.

Truthfully out of everything this game has to offer i'd say trying to solo some of those big mines with 6-7 objectives is harder to solo without dying once than fighting nim. The best practice sadly is in pvp and I really don't like pvp. If you can pick up dark souls or if you have a ps3 demon's souls. You'll end up disappearing into that game or rage quitting like you seem to feel with nim. Nim sadly is an easy boss in a from software game.

Lone Star
05-20-2013, 07:37 PM

Here is where I pretty much figured that ultimately, though you can play alone... this is generally designed as a group game. That being said i think it can have quite the longevity as long as it adds things for groups to participate in as well as to fight over... Kinda hoping they add a area for player control that can be faught over... would be a blood bath but so much fun... plus this one guy had a great setup on a group ship transport, and patched-colors-flags-uniforms-etc which would be nice. Plus bars with card games would be cool too.,... doesnt have to be all fighting all the time... course these suggestions and more were made... I digress, even without these things the game is fun, but totaly more fun and longer lasting when you have a group to concern yourself with... and such bosses should be a ton easier when you have quite a few people backing ya up.

Xero18999
05-20-2013, 07:56 PM
Final boss is not to hard, I will say that after I finished him off the first time I was not expecting another fight right after. I will say that this boss is not to difficult that you can not figure out a strategy in the times you face him. If you die at least you start over at that phase and not all the way at the beginning. The game is not to hard considering games of the past which had four and five phase bosses in some games and you had a limited amount of health and no revive or anything like that. If that small boss ruined the game for you mate maybe you are not cut our for shooter games and should choose something from a different genera. Maybe a nice puzzle game on your phone or something. Really not trying to be a pain in the *****, However you should not expect everything to be a breeze. Games are made to have challenges.

Kenshin42
05-20-2013, 09:00 PM
The final boss wouldn't be a problem if i didn't lose connection when he only had 20% health left on his third stage. It happen a second time to me. I almost never have the connection lost and its happening to me during the fight on the final boss.

ArcHunterXxPattakxX
05-20-2013, 09:05 PM
This was my favorite part of the game and he was very challenging. If you like cut scenes play halo 4 you won't be upset with the ending and give your thumb a break

one_more
05-25-2013, 02:33 PM
I finally beat Nim today, and it was a BI*** for me also. I used a detonator and a BMG(only died 3 times today) to keep recharging my shield, took about 30 minutes but damn I was happy after trying god knows how many times in the past.

:)

Cytherian
05-25-2013, 03:36 PM
I am sorry to hear so many had so much trouble with the last boss. I personally found his "one-shot" kill abilities to be very annoying however even on a second run threw with ego of 1730 and more perks he still can pretty much "one-shot" me. Even so I found the boss to be very challenging for as long as it took for me to find the wholes in his armor so to speak. After that it was really just a matter of dodge and wait till his weakness is exposed, rinse and repeat. I died once on each phase of is fight and then walked it. Second time threw it was trivial as I knew when to pop him.

greysight
05-25-2013, 06:38 PM

Nim took me a while to kick... I tried different weapons and did nothing more than shine the platter i was handed back on. But with that said. I have no complaints..it makes you up your game. As for killing Nim.... the simplest approach is the best...stay alive first... don't be afraid to run till your shield is back up...then...shoot when you can. Eventually, you'll drop him.

Gratty
05-25-2013, 09:49 PM
OP i think fable 2 might be more up your street. You should check it out.

This or QWOP. Either one would be great for the OP.

Also, why is this QQ thread still going? I know my post is bumping it, but I shouldn't have even been able to see it so close to the front page.

defiant
05-26-2013, 12:20 AM
Nim?? Got him first try with an AR and a ground pounder, AR first half Ground pound second(when Nims orange I believe,lots of stilltime for explosives when he rises). But yea you need high fire rate and DMg to get shots On Fast Turns Before rolls, Or just a high accuracy weapon with preparedness on. I used a heavy assault carbine, you have to tap the trigger but the fire rates worth it for the DMg, anyways babbling aside he was a joke for me, maybe I'm just lucky.

However, the tps layout trion rocks here is kind of dps and aim while avoiding fire, after I got those three things down gameplay was trivial, I noticed boss enemy difficulty is kind of a gimmick. Like when a raider tankers back is to you and he shoots at another player and you take the damage while in cover, hmm. So I evolved..and haven't stopped rolling since due to boss difficulty hinging on the concept (see that deathtrap, avoid it next time) and shoot more

Xero18999
05-26-2013, 09:16 AM
What is it that COOP says over and over... Avoid then SHOOT... lol...

I used a VOT Auto shotty... an something else I cant remember if it was a bmg or battle rifle.

Anyway just tear him up with that shotty, keep moving. You will find your niche.

Cyber Slayer
05-26-2013, 09:49 AM
To be honest I really enjoyed fighting the last boss. I was really satisfied with whooping his tail. All you really need for him is a good, fast recharging shield and a detonator for the clones.

At heart I'm a casual gamer and I had a lot of fun, besides the dark matter snipers. Just a little disappointed that all I got for it was a pistol I'm not going to use for a while.

Bentu
05-26-2013, 11:30 AM
Ive stopped trying Nim until this critical server issue I keep getting is fixed.

calicoflo
05-26-2013, 02:53 PM
Nim was a good challenge for a final boss, but very do-able once you know whats going on. Best perks imo are fortitude cellular armor, Preparedness and those that boast cloak. two syphon saws. Learn when to roll in the first match, shoot in btw, never reload just switch guns. Cloak when shield is down resume fight when shield reloads. Also the perk that helps your revive charge 45% faster is awesome in case you go down. The second phase i beat on first shot, Its just dark matter that look like Nim, Mow them DOWN. Phase 3. Just shoot in btw his bs and get to the corner when he is terraforming. Shoot Shoot Shoot, Cloak and save yourself. Fight smart and you will be fine. Happy hunting

Bentu
05-26-2013, 06:02 PM
My son just saw off Nim first time through (little git). Died once on first stage and walked the rest.
Rolling and using pillars for cover is very important and also shoot the clones up on the ledge.

neoshades
05-27-2013, 07:18 AM
For all you folks saying the final boss was easy, about how you beat him with a toothpick and some silly string and never died once. I'm thrilled for you, but the rest of us are having problems obviously. I agree with the guy who said either make it an MMO where we can group through the WHOLE game or make it solo, one or the other. It's BS that I can play through the whole damn game with my friends then have to face the boss alone. and he can kill me in 2-3 hits AND has a tracking, area of effect ranged attack AND an electrocuting melee attack AND superspeed AND teleportation AND invisibility AND can have the environment attack too while he is invulnerable (some times I can dodge, most times I can't, and twice I was launched by one spike to get hit by a second spike and die). Some of you have been giving tips and strategies, which is what this forum is kind of for, and for that thank you.

The final boss did kind of ruin the game for me too. It's obviously supposed to be difficult to beat the final boss, but after nerfing everyone, they have made the final boss, at least to me, unbeatable. Considering all the glitches (which trion has been really good at fixing) and the extremely long patches this has pretty much relegated this game to sitting on my shelf. I went from 13000 scrip to about 7000 scrip just due to how many times the final boss killed me. It has actually made me wonder what happens if I run out of scrip? do I not respawn? do I go into the negative? either way, just don't care anymore. There are too many other games that I can play solo without being FORCED to that don't claim to be MMO's.

Xero18999
05-27-2013, 01:37 PM
Neo, If you need some help I will gladly oblige you.

Black Viking
06-09-2013, 12:09 PM
-snip-
Personally i enjoyed the final boss i even died on purpose a few times just to face him again he was awesome.. if you want to actually get mad at a boss go play Dark Souls i promise you will probably break your controller xD (personal experiance of all the rage that game brought to me but i still love it) He is pretty easy to beat with a 3 burst honestly and the jump attack is not to hard to dodge

DarkCullen
06-09-2013, 01:19 PM
Sorry man but the boss just wasn't THAT hard, yes I found him a bit challenging but, no where near what your describing, maybe upgrade your gear?

BKB I Maverick
06-09-2013, 01:29 PM
The final boss wasn't that hard. I died 2 times before I figured out what to do. I used a regular green frontier saw.....all I used. Have a high quality shield that regens 50% hp and 75% shield, and that was really it.

No, games are so much easier then they used to be. Designers usually make games easy for the average joe to beat.

ezeht
04-23-2014, 10:32 PM
Well I do not think the boss or any part of the game is so hard solo. I do feel and has me pissed off the end boss is glitch/ bug. I should have beat him the first time I tried but did not catch on until like 5 or 6x and diff load outs I was getting his power bar all the way down but he would never die and go to step 2- he would finally kill me and id have to start over.

My first load out my assault rif and rocket launcher- second a pistol and shotgun. I figured its bug and ended the game and now have to do it all over again from the start and then it might not work and still be bug- just pisses me off. I am glad I only spent 6 bucks on this game- for what it is its worth that much- but gees..

I played about 11 hours today just doing arc falls and contract like stuff. I stopped at this last fight months ago I did not know if game over when done or free play ending so I was afraid to finish the game and have to start a new game- but someone said I can play on after I finish it and not have to start a new game- dammit its glitched and ruined my night.

I am ego 856 been playing like 120 hours- never used any of my other 4 loadouts always used just the one my assault and sniper- changed the snipe out for my rocket launcher I have never used and they are ego 200 because the guns suck in this game. Played until ego 200 using the weapons I started with- not a thing was better until then. The mods are a joke and a million of them at that. I mean give me a break- scopes give you negative accuracy- its laughable- most of the mods give you as many neg effects as anything good and not worth using and then the synergy crap as best I know means nothing unless all weapons and shields is of the same- man whatever. The group or class titles- maybe thats a synergy name- you get them as rewards from time to time. I have got a few in the game but do not know where they are or how to pick which one to use and do not know if I have one auto equipped or not. LOL took me near a week just to figure out how to equip the stupid mods- and then had to search the net for hours and that was little help.

I feel sorry for people that spent what $150 dollars or more for the game/ deluxe and season pass and then have to buy bits also. Talk about milking folks- for an ugly glitch bug DX9 game at that. If I could get a Steam sale on the s-p for 10 dollars or under Id buy it for the dlc' and maybe spend 20 bucks on bits- but buy what- a weapon crate or mod pack that does not tell ya what is exactly in it- some random junk- like the other crates of garbage for up to 4 items for 64 units whatever they are called. I have bought 100 crates and picked up a million guns and shields and all of them suck and just sell them.. I have tons and tons of games I play and weapons/ gear mods or upgrades are just that and or you regularly find better gear while playing- this games gear is a joke- and ya I am ranting. A lot of this game is confusing over complicated- a cluster ***** and useless junk.

When I found out I have to play from the start of the ending I just stopped playing- just don't feel like it anymore- its sickening.. This game is worth another 10 dollars for all of the dlc's maybe and that is if they even work right. You folks have got over on a lot of people- all the money spent on this game and its half azz- just sucks. The graphics glitch in out- half the time I try to exit my vehicle it does not work or will be driving and my vehicle just disappear and I fly out into the street etc and have to spawn it again. The list goes on and on. I also read of others problems with this game- but for 6 dollars I have tried to overlook it all until tonight. I have never once watched the tv show- I guess its not worth watching if anything like this game its surely not. I guess it is pay per view of 1000 dollars per episode or something- man please:(

Atticus Batman
04-23-2014, 11:09 PM
Well I do not think the boss or any part of the game is so hard solo. I do feel and has me pissed off the end boss is glitch/ bug. I should have beat him the first time I tried but did not catch on until like 5 or 6x and diff load outs I was getting his power bar all the way down but he would never die and go to step 2- he would finally kill me and id have to start over.

My first load out my assault rif and rocket launcher- second a pistol and shotgun. I figured its bug and ended the game and now have to do it all over again from the start and then it might not work and still be bug- just pisses me off. I am glad I only spent 6 bucks on this game- for what it is its worth that much- but gees..

I played about 11 hours today just doing arc falls and contract like stuff. I stopped at this last fight months ago I did not know if game over when done or free play ending so I was afraid to finish the game and have to start a new game- but someone said I can play on after I finish it and not have to start a new game- dammit its glitched and ruined my night.

When I found out I have to play from the start of the ending I just stopped playing- just dont feel like it anymore- its sickening... :(

The end boss has been nerfed atleas 6 times since this was originally posted, I hope you know.

ezeht
04-24-2014, 12:20 AM
I say again- I do not see any part of this game as being over hard and if easy why bother. I game a lot and have lots of games- I do not use cheats or trainers- I might not start a new game on most high skill level but normally after play it a time or 2 I will set for the most high.

My point is and I guess you missed it- the game is glitched/ bug. I was getting Nims health bar all the way down and nothing happened. I was thinking what am I doing wrong or not doing- is it some weapon combo- do I need to use my ego power on him- wtf.. Its not me its the bug freaken game.

I have read others had same problems and some say you need some stupid weapon and others say its other weapons and blaa blaa blaa- others use what ever and is no problems. The game is half azz and might might not work is the problem.

I am just pissed off- I was not looking for help or any such a thing. I have played the game solo and not 1 thing is hard about it other than it being half azz and bug or glitched etc etc like I have already posted.. I am not trying to give the fans a hard time- tron or the devs is another story..

I will not post again and never would have posted one time on this site- I do not play with or talk to people in game either. The game has got on my nerves. As of now I do not care and might not play it anymore- in that I wish never bought it at all..

See ya...

Atticus Batman
04-24-2014, 12:25 AM
I- I do not play with or talk to people in game either. The game has got on my nerves. As of now I do not care and might not play it anymore- in that I wish never bought it at all..

See ya...

See that's your problem right there. You want to defeat Nim, but he is bugged for you. So the only current way to defeat him is to team up with somebody who doesn't have Nim bugged in their game. Group up, defeat Nim, then go on your way. Besides this game is an MMO so it is always easier if you work with others. More fun for that matter as well.

Jet1337
04-24-2014, 01:01 AM

I am ego 856 been playing like 120 hours- never used any of my other 4 loadouts always used just the one my assault and sniper- changed the snipe out for my rocket launcher I have never used and they are ego 200 because the guns suck in this game. Played until ego 200 using the weapons I started with- not a thing was better until then. The mods are a joke and a million of them at that. I mean give me a break- scopes give you negative accuracy- its laughable- most of the mods give you as many neg effects as anything good and not worth using and then the synergy crap as best I know means nothing unless all weapons and shields is of the same- man whatever. The group or class titles- maybe thats a synergy name- you get them as rewards from time to time. I have got a few in the game but do not know where they are or how to pick which one to use and do not know if I have one auto equipped or not. LOL took me near a week just to figure out how to equip the stupid mods- and then had to search the net for hours and that was little help.

I feel sorry for people that spent what $150 dollars or more for the game/ deluxe and season pass and then have to buy bits also. Talk about milking folks- for an ugly glitch bug DX9 game at that. If I could get a Steam sale on the s-p for 10 dollars or under Id buy it for the dlc' and maybe spend 20 bucks on bits- but buy what- a weapon crate or mod pack that does not tell ya what is exactly in it- some random junk- like the other crates of garbage for up to 4 items for 64 units whatever they are called. I have bought 100 crates and picked up a million guns and shields and all of them suck and just sell them.. I have tons and tons of games I play and weapons/ gear mods or upgrades are just that and or you regularly find better gear while playing- this games gear is a joke- and ya I am ranting. A lot of this game is confusing over complicated- a cluster ***** and useless junk.

When I found out I have to play from the start of the ending I just stopped playing- just don't feel like it anymore- its sickening.. This game is worth another 10 dollars for all of the dlc's maybe and that is if they even work right. You folks have got over on a lot of people- all the money spent on this game and its half azz- just sucks. The graphics glitch in out- half the time I try to exit my vehicle it does not work or will be driving and my vehicle just disappear and I fly out into the street etc and have to spawn it again. The list goes on and on. I also read of others problems with this game- but for 6 dollars I have tried to overlook it all until tonight. I have never once watched the tv show- I guess its not worth watching if anything like this game its surely not. I guess it is pay per view of 1000 dollars per episode or something- man please:(

The thing I'm curious about is why you took the effort to find a post from June of last year instead of making your own.

Atticus Batman
04-24-2014, 01:04 AM
The thing I'm curious about is why you took the effort to find a post from June of last year instead of making your own.

That is a good question and why lash out at a person for pointing out that Nim was nerfed since this thread was started?

duction
04-24-2014, 01:44 AM
Ugh who dug this up, necro lol

ezeht
04-24-2014, 02:14 AM

If I had started a thread then it would have been complaints I did not search the threads blaa blaa and this was the closest I could come to a thread about the problems with the end boss. My guess is they have been deleted- so the game looks fine and dandy so they can suck money out of fools. The title is perfect "" Final Boss ruined the game for me "".

I tried again- he worked right the last time until he started the tera part- again his health bar gone he gets inside and will not come out- I try for 10 minutes to get him to come out- then a pop up the servers are going down for 30 minutes. I am done with this poor game. You super fans can have it- troll me- english **** me whatever you wish- make excuses for all the money you might have spent on it- go on and on- have the last word its fine with me. IMO its not worth the 6 dollars I spent and tho I have 120 hours in it- it will not let me complete it its a junk game and 120 hours wasted. I will add- had I tried to finish this game months ago and being bug- I would have put in about 1/3 the hours- been pissed off and posted back then and gone long ago.

Ive got over 7,000 hours in Stalker SOC and was just playing this until Lost Alpha mod comes out- have like 4,000 in Fallout 3 and the first Borderlands game- 1,000- 3,000 or more hours in many others. I bought over 500 games in the last 15 months is some of the games I have- gifted over 80 and they was AAA titles. I have 40 I could gift now but I am not. Most games I do play I pre order and the season pass and buy any extra content. Defiance was stupid overpriced from the start is why I passed- that and just minutes after out started all the bug complaints so I waited until it was cheap- I should have kept on waiting. I will not die over this game or wasted time or the few dollars lost- I will get over it.. I am glad I was not stupid enough to spend more money on it and I never will.. Did piss me off tho and is voiced. This company and its devs should be ashamed of themselves.

No I do not like people or the net or mp games- The worse people on earth are on the net and or playing these games- no they are not needed and should not be needed to complete this sorry game and the game states you can play it solo and I did. I mean you guys no disrespect- but nurfed can mean lots of things- I take it as been dumbed down and being the op was complaining the boss was over hard.. You could have meant nurfed as in bugged since last year and if so why is it for sale and or not been fixed.

You guys talk to each other your buds and hang around the forums. I am over it and out. I might even delete my posts and account if I can- I really do not care about it or this site or game. My guess is this site will delete the posts and being I am complaining about the bug game- seems like the type of site that would do such...

See ya...

stefb42
04-24-2014, 02:30 AM
People in this forum just keep making new posts about the same subject over and over, but forget that most forums wont tolerate that kind of user activity, i don't think people realise just how much they get away with in these forums, but yeah on most normal forums i visit it's a rule that you don't make new threads on subjects that already have a thread about it, usually those threads start filling up with 'use the search function' links to the other thread etc before said post is locked by a mod and the user warned about making threads on subjects that already exist, the interweb huh, sometimes you just can't do right for doing wrong

drackiller
04-24-2014, 03:10 AM
People in this forum just keep making new posts about the same subject over and over, but forget that most forums wont tolerate that kind of user activity, i don't think people realise just how much they get away with in these forums, but yeah on most normal forums i visit it's a rule that you don't make new threads on subjects that already have a thread about it, usually those threads start filling up with 'use the search function' links to the other thread etc before said post is locked by a mod and the user warned about making threads on subjects that already exist, the interweb huh, sometimes you just can't do right for doing wrong

I agree with you, you are right but the problem is, this is not a normal forum, this is a TRION forum, so normality does not applies.

Atticus Batman
04-24-2014, 03:15 AM
I agree with you, you are right but the problem is, this is not a normal forum, this is a TRION forum, so normality does not applies.

Drac, I am afraid Bioware and several others are the same way. They both say use the search, and at the same time, they say posting ain a thread that has been abandoned for over a month is necro'ing and necroing is a bad thing.

I myself have always wondered why the search feature of a forum isn't programmed so it doesn't go back a certain length of time. Like if the rule is no necroing a thread that has been untouched for a month, then program the search engine so it only brings up results that are a month old or newer.

drackiller
04-24-2014, 03:26 AM
Drac, I am afraid Bioware and several others are the same way. They both say use the search, and at the same time, they say posting ain a thread that has been abandoned for over a month is necro'ing and necroing is a bad thing.

I myself have always wondered why the search feature of a forum isn't programmed so it doesn't go back a certain length of time. Like if the rule is no necroing a thread that has been untouched for a month, then program the search engine so it only brings up results that are a month old or newer.
When i first started using forums some years ago i did the same thing, i digged for the answers that i wanted and needed, then i would revive them because i tought it was the best way to keep something on track. Some forums let that happen some don`t.
This particular forum considers posts with a little more than a week unworthy of being alive. The truth is that buried under undreds or maybe a few thousands of pure garbage you can find post with real and good insight for something and or someone.

If man can dig is past why can`t we dig a few posts in the forum !? Call it "forumitus arkeology" LOL

Atticus Batman
04-24-2014, 03:30 AM
When i first started using forums some years ago i did the same thing, i digged for the answers that i wanted and needed, then i would revive them because i tought it was the best way to keep something on track. Some forums let that happen some don`t.
This particular forum considers posts with a little more than a week unworthy of being alive. The truth is that buried under undreds or maybe a few thousands of pure garbage you can find post with real and good insight for something and or someone.

If man can dig is past why can`t we dig a few posts in the forum !? Call it "forumitus arkeology" LOL

If you want my tash, have at it, because I am too busy with your girlfriend to notice anyway!!!

Lol I get what you are saying, btw last I looked in the CoC it was 3 weeks that constitutes a necro on here. :p Besides I rarely use search engines on forums because most suck. I have better luck using google or bing search to find the old defiance forum thread I want than I do with the forum search.

drackiller
04-24-2014, 03:32 AM
I have better luck using google or bing search to find the old defiance forum thread I want than I do with the forum search.
So true :)

mambonutz
05-02-2014, 06:45 AM
I'm probably way behind the times, but am just confronting Nim at this point.
I am at a 1176 EGO, and have what I feel are reasonable weapons.

I've never beat him so far, but does he only have one health bar? Or should I upgrade myself a bit more to succeed?

Hopeisdead
05-02-2014, 06:47 AM

I did using just SMG on PC before 1.5 at EGO somewhere around 2k

**** i am stupid ... OP 04-17-2013 06:37 PM

Smiit
05-02-2014, 07:01 AM
Im not bragging or anything but everyone says nim is really hard. Hes not. I only downed once when fighting him my first time. I killed him easily using a friggin bmg.

drackiller
05-02-2014, 07:04 AM
Im not bragging or anything but everyone says nim is really hard. Hes not. I only downed once when fighting him my first time. I killed him easily using a friggin bmg.

Dude if you are as new as your account in the forum, you wouldn`t know how hard NIM was.
It`s easy now(in a way), but it wasn`t that easy always.

Hopeisdead
05-02-2014, 07:19 AM
**** i am stupid ... OP 04-17-2013 06:37 PM

Atticus Batman
05-02-2014, 08:49 AM

Nim has been nerfed atleast 6 times, before January of this year. Add the new weapon leveling on top of that, and Nim is a baby.

Fight him with a character who is low ego, maybe 800. Use nothing but a magnum and the white starter shield without upgrading it, do NOT take a friend with you (because that wasn't possible originally), and then you "might" have an idea of what he was like originally.

Hopeisdead
05-02-2014, 08:51 AM
Bring Nim back xD Badass ninja who will kill you milion times over xD

Smiit
05-02-2014, 03:18 PM
Lol everyone thinks im new because I joined forums in march haha. Been playing since November and have several ego 2000 characters.

mambonutz
05-02-2014, 04:10 PM
I'm going to give it another go tomorrow morning.

I had him good once and his health bar was almost depleted...does he only have the one health bar?
I keep on the move which seems the best way to approach it. Any thoughts on the types of weapons that work best?

Thanks

Bonehead
05-02-2014, 04:25 PM
I'm going to give it another go tomorrow morning.

I had him good once and his health bar was almost depleted...does he only have the one health bar?
I keep on the move which seems the best way to approach it. Any thoughts on the types of weapons that work best?

Thanks

Moving perpendicular to him in the first part and using all the good line of sight cover in the next two is key. My fav anti nim weapon is the fire smg you get as a reward for the "cut off the head" mission.

mambonutz
05-02-2014, 04:30 PM
Moving perpendicular to him in the first part and using all the good line of sight cover in the next two is key. My fav anti nim weapon is the fire smg you get as a reward for the "cut off the head" mission.

Thanks for the tips, we'll see how it goes. ;)

drackiller
05-02-2014, 11:41 PM
Lol everyone thinks im new because I joined forums in march haha. Been playing since November and have several ego 2000 characters.

Good for you, still you`ll never know how hard he was. In November he was already a *****cat.

Midori Oku
05-03-2014, 12:30 AM
Thanks for the tips, we'll see how it goes. ;)

Maybe this will help you some. This is video was made before the 7th Legion DLC was released.

Jump to 30:40 to see the Nim fight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxxK3hm9Za4

mambonutz
05-03-2014, 07:17 AM
That's great, Midori...that visual helps even more! So, as I see, the first health bar isn't the end.
5000 EGO...Wow, I got a ways to go till I get there...haha

I'm an older gamer, so maybe my reflexes don't work as quick as they used to...but, I'll keep trying.

Teshawk
05-05-2014, 03:47 AM
On my fourth attempt. The first got interrupted by downtime and the next two have Nim frozen in the terraform chamber with the orange spikes refusing to rise so I have to log off and start all over.

I submitted a bug report and an issue. *arrg*

EDIT: Well I logged out and entered the bunker and it was empty so ran to the terraform spike room and the game played 3 movies in a row ending with me going into the last battle.
YEAH! The programmers set a flag and had autocorrecting. Wonder why it didn't correct the first time it hung?

CS-X Cluster Shot did the best against him. Well BMG's of course but my current one is junk. If you are good at placing Courier shots that works nice too.