PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Collector's Edition - Box?

Ark Cansada
03-16-2013, 03:11 PM
Howdy! I preordered the Ultimate collector's edition and I'm frankly curious and excited. I searched around quite a bit on Google and the search function here and kept getting muddled. I've got a few questions about the physical box, if anyone can offer some help?

Will the box we receive hold everything?
Does the box have unique art?
What is the box made out of? When they said box, I thought like the loot chest from Gearbox, but it looks cardboard-y.

I ask because I really enjoy displaying my purchases, and I wouldn't mind some kind of classy box to go with my Hellbug statue.

Thanks so much for any help!

Doz
03-16-2013, 03:26 PM
Here is a link I found in the forum

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?1685-Ultimate-Edition-Contents-Larger

Ark Cansada
03-16-2013, 03:34 PM
Here is a link I found in the forum

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?1685-Ultimate-Edition-Contents-Larger

Hey, thanks! That's a lot better than the preorder picture on the GameStop website, and I don't think the one on Defiance's website showed the box that clearly. With the beveled edges and window in the front, that kinda looks like it might be hard plastic to me! *crosses fingers and hopes fervently*.

Ark Cansada
03-16-2013, 05:36 PM
I do hope I'm not being inappropriate when I say "bump!" I'm hoping to get some actual confirmation as to the box :D

Synder
03-16-2013, 05:46 PM
I do hope I'm not being inappropriate when I say "bump!" I'm hoping to get some actual confirmation as to the box :D

I too have the Ultimate Edition, and would like to know what the box itself looks like. I will be watching this thread closely, in hopes of a answer.

Jamesdanex
03-17-2013, 02:04 AM
I too have the Ultimate Edition, and would like to know what the box itself looks like. I will be watching this thread closely, in hopes of a answer.

Just another question that needs an answer, but will be ignored.

0_d4RK_FaLLen
03-17-2013, 02:14 AM
Just another question that needs an answer, but will be ignored.

Not sure any of us even know to answer. try added to the livestream question thread might have like asking devs there.

Jamesdanex
03-17-2013, 02:19 AM
in my opinion they should do an "unboxing" of the collector edition/ultimate edition. People are really interested in seeing what they've purchased.

Robertsaedal
03-17-2013, 03:48 AM
in my opinion they should do an "unboxing" of the collector edition/ultimate edition. People are really interested in seeing what they've purchased.

Do this... I orderd the Ultimate Edition and would love to see a unboxing video...

worldwarviol
03-17-2013, 04:23 AM
i found a closer piv of the ultimate box go to www.defiance.com and go to preorder and click ps3 and go to the ultimate edition and ckick a small text under ultimate thats says more or something like that it give a reallyclose up on the pic that is clear

Ark Cansada
03-17-2013, 07:25 AM
i found a closer piv of the ultimate box go to www.defiance.com and go to preorder and click ps3 and go to the ultimate edition and ckick a small text under ultimate thats says more or something like that it give a reallyclose up on the pic that is clear

Y'know, the weird thing is that when I click on the "PS3" button, it tries to load a PS3 page, fails, and goes back to the PC page o.O

Robertsaedal
03-17-2013, 07:39 AM
Y'know, the weird thing is that when I click on the "PS3" button, it tries to load a PS3 page, fails, and goes back to the PC page o.O

strange, happens for me as well... but here is the link for the image of UE
http://webcdn.triongames.com/defiance/images/pre-order/UE/UE_PS3_EN_v2.jpg

Ark Cansada
03-17-2013, 09:03 AM
strange, happens for me as well... but here is the link for the image of UE
http://webcdn.triongames.com/defiance/images/pre-order/UE/UE_PS3_EN_v2.jpg

Thanks. I'm afraid that still doesn't offer any details. It's not that it's a dealbreaker for me if it's just a cardboard box, I was just hopin' against hope that it would be a storage and display container in which I could carry or keep the game and its materials, since I'll be moving in a few months and want to make sure everything stays together.

Ark Cansada
03-17-2013, 04:08 PM
Still hoping for an official answer on this one. Bumpitty bump bump!

Riggswolfe
03-17-2013, 04:21 PM
If you look at that same PS3 page instead of clicking the view, just look at the picture there which ironically shows you a bigger version of the box. It's hard to tell but to me it looks like it might be plastic due to the details on the lid which looks like it has little ridges on it.

Assume it is cardboard and hope for plastic. :)

Ark Cansada
03-17-2013, 04:47 PM
If you look at that same PS3 page instead of clicking the view, just look at the picture there which ironically shows you a bigger version of the box. It's hard to tell but to me it looks like it might be plastic due to the details on the lid which looks like it has little ridges on it.

Assume it is cardboard and hope for plastic. :)

That was pretty much my line of reasoning too!

I'm certainly not going to complain about cardboard. This is still much better than my BioShock Infinite preorder's goodies. It's just...gawd, it'd be so wonderful to have a classy storage chest!

Valethar
03-17-2013, 06:31 PM

If that's a closeup, I want to see the prescription on the glasses you were wearing when you looked at that. O.o

Kalyastraxia
03-17-2013, 06:57 PM
It is probably a sturdy, well constructed box with a plastic slipcase/cover.

Looking at the picture it seems there might be a cutout to view the Hellbug in the box - the plastic slipcase/cover would form a window pane over this for protection.

I am not sure that the bag will be included inside the box as it is an "extra" to the box in the UE edition.

Still, not long until we find out - but an unboxing video would be nice as I hope they will soon be shipping to retailers as launch is only two weeks aways...

Synder
03-17-2013, 09:01 PM
It is probably a sturdy, well constructed box with a plastic slipcase/cover.

Looking at the picture it seems there might be a cutout to view the Hellbug in the box - the plastic slipcase/cover would form a window pane over this for protection.

I am not sure that the bag will be included inside the box as it is an "extra" to the box in the UE edition.

Still, not long until we find out - but an unboxing video would be nice as I hope they will soon be shipping to retailers as launch is only two weeks aways...

What sucks is, I will know about a week or more before the game launches, but wont be able to say anything( or post the pics I will take of it lol). My friend is a GS store manager, He let me see both of my preorders for Aliens:Colonial marines and the Tomb raider CE games/boxes "about a week or more" before each launched, and I could pick them up. For example,the new Walking Dead game has been in Gamestop's back room for nearly 10 days now. Launches this Tuesday.

Ark Cansada
03-18-2013, 09:27 AM
Still hoping for a response, a good picture, more info, anything :D

Lazy
03-18-2013, 11:53 AM

Yeh, would love to see an unboxing, maybe they could sort one out for the live streams on Friday's.