PDA

View Full Version : Any news on Arkfall driving blockers?

Hope499
04-17-2013, 12:03 PM
I know this is like the 100th post about it...

I got used to it, and stoped caring for a bit....however...

Now that arkfalls are the main supply of keycodes, I am using them more often.

I had 2 time out on me last night because 2 morons, one in a buggy and one in a dodge, killing the skitterlings that make crit spots.

I know some crystals have debris around them, is there any news of these being put into the ones it would actually help with?

I mean, hell if its killing waves of hellbugs, getting the raiders weapon or waiting for the fuel can, then FINE, drive away, I dont mind at all....but these skitterling ones....are people that stupid or just that bad I wonder?

Do the cars even net you points? Im always top 3 for damage and NEVER drive...

Lascivar
04-17-2013, 12:11 PM
Although yes, cars do net you points for damage, it's minimal and not worth doing at all.

I do believe that some people don't understand how some of the Arkfalls work though and assume they're actually helping by killing everything. Toss a couple messages into chat for them to see and it may get them to stop.

The alternative is they're purposefully griefing, but to be completely honest I haven't seen many people doing that in Defiance yet.

oktarb
04-17-2013, 12:26 PM
I don't drive around like a moron but this is the first time is was made clear to me that the little skitterlings where creating the crit boils. I thought they were trying to heal them...

Cortechs
04-17-2013, 12:34 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure most people just don't realize. We failed getting to a major the other night because the minors took too long. You must admit, it is funny that nobody listens to Aura.

Blackwolfe
04-17-2013, 12:37 PM
Ego, but anyway.. had a major arkfall fail earlier today because people were killing almost every single skitterling until I told them. By then it was too late. Failed with one crystal entirely untouched.

Malkari
04-17-2013, 12:42 PM
Honestly, even if people KNEW how Arkfalls worked, they would STILL drive and kill the skitterlings...just to grief. People are like that unfortunately and at some point Trion will HAVE to address it...

Cortechs
04-17-2013, 12:43 PM
Ego, but anyway..

Ha, whoops! Aura ... Where am I getting that from?

Shadestryke
04-17-2013, 12:47 PM
To be honest, I don't believe people are actually griefing (yet), but more likely they are trying to find a way around the 'Kill x creatures in a major Arkfall' bug. As far as I know this doesn't actually work, but that doesn't stop people trying...

Malkari
04-17-2013, 12:49 PM
I think they WILL once they find out it upsets people.

Just last week we had a person park their buggy on top of the nearest ammo crate and sit there for the entire Arkfall.

Just don't understand what people get out of doing things like that...

Hope499
04-17-2013, 01:03 PM
Havent had that happen yet, just people timing them out by killing skitterlings.

I will understand your first couple of crystals not realizing what they do, but by number 3?

Is it just me or does everyone else get your ECO chick telling you what they do every 2-3min???? If not I can understand...or if your volume is turned off and you cant read....

Blackwolfe
04-17-2013, 01:03 PM
I think they WILL once they find out it upsets people.

Just last week we had a person park their buggy on top of the nearest ammo crate and sit there for the entire Arkfall.

Just don't understand what people get out of doing things like that...

It's either that or potency pills. Poor people, they really can't get it up otherwise.

Malkari
04-17-2013, 01:14 PM
It's either that or potency pills. Poor people, they really can't get it up otherwise.

Heh, maybe you are on to something :P

Bored Peon
04-17-2013, 01:19 PM
Yes, there is people that are doing on purpose.

The boils on the crystal only make it go faster. You can damage the crystal normally. People seem to have this misconception that destroying the boils is the only way to damage the crystal.

Blackwolfe
04-17-2013, 01:23 PM

The boils on the crystal only make it go faster. You can damage the crystal normally. People seem to have this misconception that destroying the boils is the only way to damage the crystal.

Of course you can damage the crystal normally, but the damage you do to the crystal if you hit the "boils" is so much bigger than unloading everything you got into a normal area of the crystal. Also saves tons of time.

Azrael008uk
04-17-2013, 01:25 PM
More minor Arkfalls are spawning with those metal barriers.

They don't stop you completely from using your car but they do make it awkward.

Stuff like this is a great way to help people slow down, get out the car and start thinking about what they're doing.

Az

Jestunhi
04-17-2013, 01:26 PM
Those guys annoy me, but I have personally never yet seen an Arkfall fail due to this or any other reason.

So in my experience it's a minor issue.

Sewa_Yunga
04-17-2013, 02:39 PM
Ha, whoops! Aura ... Where am I getting that from?

Aura is your electronic assistant (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9k6MauG89E8). ;)

Thee Apothecary
04-17-2013, 02:53 PM
i think everyone ignores ego because she can be annoying but if brian blessed or morgan freeman voiced an ego you would listen to your ego

Valethar
04-17-2013, 02:56 PM
The alternative is they're purposefully griefing, but to be completely honest I haven't seen many people doing that in Defiance yet.

Happens at every arkfall I've been to since release. Far too many Halotards and Call of Derpy players driving around in Defiance.

Hope499
04-18-2013, 08:42 AM

Of course I can sit there with my gun, and shoot it for 30 damage, and run out of ammo within 5 min for every gun in my possesion. cuz thats fun.

OR, (I have this crazy idea...) we can shoot the crit spots for 400 damage, I know its a little weird to want to do 400 damage instead of 30 every bullet, but maybe im just a crazy kinda guy.