PDA

View Full Version : Will the game kill the show?

Xynnvincible
04-17-2013, 12:04 PM
I thought the show was pretty good. The game started out well, but there's so many problems now, missions crashing the game, weapons disappearing, all kinds of stuff. I think that people are going to leave the game and that will damage the show. What do you guys think?

Khufu
04-17-2013, 12:05 PM
The game will have no affect on the show. IMHO.

Kommissar Kaede
04-17-2013, 12:06 PM
I doubt it. Even if the game angers someone, I don't think that anger would be transferred into choosing to not watch the show just because of the game (assuming they liked the show in the first place).

And I imagine the show can do fine on its own without the game.

Daovud Vest
04-17-2013, 12:08 PM
I honestly think, and this is just from what I've discussed with friends and such, that the show will only make people want to play the game more and the game will just help build popularity of the show. They will build eachother but yes the game has its issues but lets be honest, it has only been out for just over 2 weeks and mistakes have been made but there is hope for the future of the game.

Mavor
04-17-2013, 12:09 PM
Will it? Not a chance.

Badblade
04-17-2013, 12:11 PM
The game will have no affect on the show. IMHO.

I agree 100%. The game will have no impact on the show. Even players that leave the game will continue watching... if they enjoyed it in the first place.

Now... will the show impact the game? I'd say yes, definitely... in the form or reduced support and funding at the top level.

So let's hope the show continues to do well :)

Malkari
04-17-2013, 12:13 PM
I seriously doubt that.

Plenty of people watch the show that don't care about the game. But I doubt too many people that play the game don't also watch the show.

And the "issues" with the game are overblown (yes, there ARE issues). ALL MMO's have growing pains and this game is no exception.

Defy
04-17-2013, 12:13 PM
I think the game is pretty good, despite the problems we had

Badblade
04-17-2013, 12:15 PM
A thread with no negativity... no profanity... no complaining... no Trion death threats...

Ahhhh... let's just all sit quietly and enjoy the moment.

Defy
04-17-2013, 12:16 PM
A thread with no negativity... no profanity... no complaining... no Trion death threats...

now you jinxed it :)

Malkari
04-17-2013, 12:21 PM

They certainly are rare, aren't they? :)

Snowranger19
04-17-2013, 12:22 PM
No way. People watch the show but don't play the game. And people play the game that don't watch the show.

The REAL question is.. if one goes away.. what happens? Because I can see the show being canceled by SyFy and the the game losing a lot of its appeal.

Badblade
04-17-2013, 12:23 PM
<- The guy that jinxed it

DOH! *facepalm*

Darkeus
04-17-2013, 12:25 PM

Rabble, Rabble, Rabble!!! *****, moan, whine, piss...... :p

There, are you happy now? Lol, let us continue with this peaceful discussion. It is much better that what has been around lately....