PDA

View Full Version : Okay, let's have a discussion about phasing.

Keltic Rage
04-17-2013, 12:07 PM
Cause I am completely confused about the way it's handled. It seems that my little rag tagged group of ark hunters are always getting out of phase from one another and I don't understand how to keep it from happening.

I am aware that time trials, rampages, and hotshot events take you into a single player scenario.

RLStroud
04-17-2013, 12:11 PM
I usually play in a group of just 2 or 3 guys, and I have found that we sometimes get out of phase if one of us runs off too far from the others. I'm not sure why that happens exactly, I am starting to think it might have to do with going from one region to another, but that's just a wild guess. As long as we stay relatively close (just outside of the minimap range seems to work fine) we never have the issues.

Keltic Rage
04-17-2013, 12:14 PM
Sounds like you are having the same issues. It's not so bad that's it's happening? It's more a minor inconvenience, but I really want to know WHY it's happening.

Draaconis
04-17-2013, 12:18 PM
It may be built into the scenarios. It would encourage people to rez their friends instead of them self rezzing to wherever during a fight. Makes you stay close and work together. Of course the developers would have to confirm this. I'm only guessing.

bigstack1980
04-17-2013, 12:19 PM
why not just auto phase you in?

Unsent Soul
04-17-2013, 12:20 PM
In my experience episode missions, few story missions, and end of act story missions are done solo... At least in my experience. If I join my friends phase and it doesn't do a loading screen I just teleport to him and most the time it puts me in the same phase he is in.

It's a great feature just not well explained...

RLStroud
04-17-2013, 12:23 PM
In my experience episode missions, few story missions, and end of act story missions are done solo... At least in my experience. If I join my friends phase and it doesn't do a loading screen I just teleport to him and most the time it puts me in the same phase he is in.

It's a great feature just not well explained...

I use the "Go to Friend" feature quite frequently in the game. Makes it easy to join up and it puts you in the same phase as well.

Keltic Rage
04-17-2013, 12:57 PM
what is auto phasing? Is that in settings?

bigstack1980
04-17-2013, 01:07 PM
what is auto phasing? Is that in settings?

no but wish it was.