PDA

View Full Version : Mutant Minigunners San Fran

Wooisme
04-17-2013, 12:34 PM
So for the episode pursuit I need 10 minigunners dead in San Fran. Only have 1 right now, but am having a hard time find them. Not as easy as I thought, anyone know any area where there is a likely chance of them spawning? Tried to look for the mutant areas, but like I can remember where they are with the map we get.

cusman
04-17-2013, 12:44 PM
I was in an area yesterday where I encountered and killed 3 Mutant Mini-Gunners. I didn't realize a new Pursuit needs 10 of those suckers killed so I just moved on without waiting for them to respawn so I could complete the Pursuit requirement.

It was a big area with lots of broken buildings and lots of week mutant enemies and the 3 mini-gunners. I was just trying out my new Sniper Rifle doing headshots which is just fun to do.

If I find it again later tonight... I will try to find this post again to drop a more meaningful reference.

Wooisme
04-17-2013, 12:49 PM
Haha alright thanks, yeah there are areas like those around. The problem is trying to find them again, when everything looks alike.

Kaiden
04-17-2013, 12:53 PM
There is a good chance I'm mistaken about this, but I think I found a few in the "Downtown" area almost straight up north of the Overpass fast travel point. If I'm right, repost here so others needing the info can find it.

Wooisme
04-17-2013, 01:04 PM
There is a good chance I'm mistaken about this, but I think I found a few in the "Downtown" area almost straight up north of the Overpass fast travel point. If I'm right, repost here so others needing the info can find it.

Yep, find some of them here. Yeah north of Overpass, so easy to find. Nice Kaiden.

cusman
04-18-2013, 12:50 AM
Alright the area where I had gotten those 3 minigun mutants at a time is in the Mutant District. Kill some of those mutants walking about and those three will spawn in to the fight. Kill them, then leave the area... wait a bit and then re-enter the area to kill 3 more.

The Mutant District is near the bottom right of the map. If you zoom into the map you can sort of see an area that has many buildings near the coast... that's the Mutant District.

l3rownie
04-18-2013, 06:23 AM
The only mutants I could find were the grenade launcher ones xD. The minigunners would never come out to play, but I think I'll try those spots you guys mentioned and hopefully I'll see them :D.

Niquara
04-18-2013, 06:25 AM
ok,,, so....

i killed the grenadiers and it seemed to count on the stat...

l3rownie
04-18-2013, 06:28 AM
ok,,, so....

i killed the grenadiers and it seemed to count on the stat...Lucky! I killed like 5-6 hoping they would count, but it still says 0/10 on my pursuit :(

Niquara
04-18-2013, 06:30 AM
Hmmmm maybe i imagined it then,,, i thought it was strange.... I did it when i was camping out waiting for the episode2 event in san fran,, so eyes were likely fuzzy

Zunorichi
04-18-2013, 06:39 AM
The Mutant District is definitely the way to go for completing that goal. For me and my friends, the grenadiers actually counted, which I was really happy with. After that, we went to go take care of some Bulwarks

Shogo_Yahagi
04-18-2013, 07:13 AM
There are a bunch of areas south of the bridge where you can do this. Just look for regular mutants. Drive around until your EGO says something about mutants in the area, stop and clear them out and a minigunner should pop up. Pretty much anywhere you find mutants in San Francisco will spawn a minigunner if you start killing the others, and they respawn the mutants pretty quickly after you clear the last one.

The Double Cross emergency will also spawn a minigunner, but it takes longer because there is another round with dark matter and a bulwark, and the emergencies seem to have a longer respawn timer than the random mobs.

Thee Apothecary
04-18-2013, 07:14 AM
i cant even find any i only find them at mutant thieves events (but im xbox360 so doubt u guys care to help me)

Shogo_Yahagi
04-18-2013, 08:40 AM
i cant even find any i only find them at mutant thieves events (but im xbox360 so doubt u guys care to help me)

I got almost all of mine after I started ignoring the emergencies. I went off-road south of the bridge, found a group of houses with some random mutants (riflemen, shotgunners, and cleavers), and just cleared it repeatedly. After killing most of the original gang, a minigunner would show up. After the fight, I would run around picking up anything I'd missed, convert the random drops from the fight into salvage, check on the progress of my weapons I had used, and basically be done just as the area started respawning the regular mutants. Super fast, super easy.

I fast traveled back to the overpass after the 10/10 message popped up, only to realize that I'd completed the other one and still needed one more in San Francisco. I couldn't find the exact same houses I'd used before, but the same thing happened at a different set of ruins with mutants. No minigunner, clear some regular mutants out, minigunner shows up, minigunner dies, done, and later I had one pop up over by the downtown area when I was fighting regular mutants. I suspect it will happen pretty much anywhere you find mutants in SF that aren't part of an emergency.

There are a bunch of places south of the bridge where there are ruined houses and mutants. Your ego will tell you what random mobs are in a given area. Just drive around looking for ruins until she says there are mutants.

RegularX
04-18-2013, 09:20 AM

Yeah, I went to the north of Overpass. Not Downtown though, south-east of that I think. There's a short street with ruins on either side. Mutant Mini-gunners will commonly spawn towards the end of the street, Dark Matter sometimes on the other side. Just cycle between the area and Overpass until you spot some Mutant Riflemen. Once they've spawned - just kill them and a Minigunner should show up.

stephenn82
04-28-2013, 01:11 PM
Yeah, I went to the north of Overpass. Not Downtown though, south-east of that I think. There's a short street with ruins on either side. Mutant Mini-gunners will commonly spawn towards the end of the street, Dark Matter sometimes on the other side. Just cycle between the area and Overpass until you spot some Mutant Riflemen. Once they've spawned - just kill them and a Minigunner should show up.

TOTALLY on point with what he says. Head north on path out of Overpass, follow it when curves to left, and you will find Dolores Park....just switch back and forth between ruined buildings on both sides of road, and set. Super fast and easy way to get pursuit finished!!:cool: