PDA

View Full Version : Point of synergy when no mods?

Wooisme
04-17-2013, 12:38 PM
So I have a VOT Mazu Blast Rifle and it has a Synergy: Run-n-Gun, however it has no mods slot and none can be added on. So what is the point of having the Synergy if mods can't be added on it to take effect?

Dalewillitttt
04-17-2013, 12:39 PM
All guns are able to have mod slots added to it. Do you have it equipped on any of your loadouts? if so then you are unable to add mod slots. That is the only reason I can think of.

Swarm
04-17-2013, 12:42 PM
you can put mods on all guns. there is no such thing as a gun that cant be modded. when unequipted you put into salvage matrix you can hit add mod slots and fwallah a new random mod slot after 10 mns

Cutlass Jack
04-17-2013, 12:43 PM
All guns are able to have mod slots added to it. Do you have it equipped on any of your loadouts? if so then you are unable to add mod slots. That is the only reason I can think of.

Theres also a minimum ego level required to add slots. So one of those two reasons is probably the culprit.

the1gwiz
04-17-2013, 12:44 PM
Logged on to read up on exactly this. Apparently, once you hit the ~1200 EGO mark, sales for purple weapons with mod synergy and NO MOD SLOTS start showing up.

I'm currently buying up any interesting lower-level fully-modable weapons I see for sale for future use, as apparently one of the "perks" of a higher EGO rating is having to spend resources out the wazoo to add mod slots to already expensive weapons.

Malkari
04-17-2013, 12:46 PM
Yup, as someone has already stated, you can't add mod slots to a gun if it is equipped in ANY of your weapon slots (even if it isn't your active loadout). Game really needs a more thorough tutorial. :)

Wooisme
04-17-2013, 12:47 PM
Ah I see, thats right I had it equipped. Thanks for that. Kind of annoy some weapons don't have any mod slots, at least have one. If it was a scope slot, then that would be useful, for me anyway. Scoping in this game just doesn't work too well in my opinion.