PDA

View Full Version : Dekuso Tips

jayx20
04-17-2013, 12:54 PM
Ok so I finally got the pursuit for beating Dekuso in under 5 minutes.
Had done it in that time twice before but the pursuit didn't unlock for me previously, so make sure you ALWAYS time your runs, if its not popping don't continue to do it, it's likely not to change until the next day or so.
So, the way we did it..

OVERCHARGE IS A MUST!
You all should have overcharge, we had it maxed, but I'm not sure if its necessary, but I would recommend it.
You'll need it, not just for the damage boost it gives which will really help to cut down time before his disappearing act but, it'll cut out the need to reload when it's activated, timing this well means you can really pump some bullets into him.

The Setup
So the weapons? well I read a lot about rocket launchers but they didn't seem to have the desirable effect for myself, I don't think anyone in the group used them. We all used assault rifles, not great or epic ones but just our usual weapons, mine wasn't even rare, just a white 3 VBI Tactical. It's all preference on what type of AR you use, I used no elemental weapons at all, and the 3 burst in rapid succession really helped me to take down the power generators fast. My perks were all team based ones, some damage boosts for overcharge to help me deal the damage, but mostly I chose things that would help us in a sticky situation.

Power Generators
Dekuso seems to always spawn infront of your start position. As soon as you spawn, make your way forward and cover behind the cylinder looking things, have two people on each side and hit those generators while they're there. Focus on yours, your team mates will cope fine on their own on their set generators.
You should ideally have these down within 10 seconds and when that happens, you want to hit him with a few bullets before he teleports. Reload as soon as you stop seeing the 'X' hit markets on screen, and when he hits center, turn on your overcharge and hit him with a barrage of bullets!

Dealing damage
So we have the starting information there, which honestly is half the battle. You really want this guy to get hurt and fast!
So like I said, as soon as he's in the middle, you all want to hit him hard, turn on overcharge and blast him while you can. When he then teleports again, keep an eye on your minimap, you want to get to where he is and be prepared ASAP. Now things change a bit, there's also a middle generator. Keep two people on each side drilling the generators till they bust, and as soon as they do start attacking the middle, rinse and repeat the next time he enters the middle. There's a change again, now this time there's gonna be 4 or 5, keep the same tactic but instead of two people hitting the generators, have one on each, two people on the right side, one hitting the inside generator and the outside generator, same with the left side. Enemies should now spawn, so it's ideal to stay on your toes and keep moving, I had my team mates still attacking Dekuso with the same technique, while I took out the enemies that were going to interfere. Now as far as I can remember, at this point there might not be any generators. if there are, I'm sorry I forgot about it, just apply the same technique with generators 1 and 2 to finish off the last set of them. Now he's definitely got nothing to do, and he starts to fight. At this point, he was around about half health, but he couldn't rely on his generators to protect him, so this bit was over quick. Keep moving when your firing, aim and ensure your bullets are hitting him, flick your eyes down to the bottom left of the screen, and make sure your using overcharge at every available chance. Sprint around while your reloading, make yourself hard to hit because if there's more enemies firing alongside him, you're gonna have a bad time. If there's enemies there, get one guy to kill them as before, let the others put some damage on Dekuso, just make sure at least 3 people always have their attention on him.

Following these tactics we created through trial and error, we managed to beat him in 3:28 seconds.

Key Points

Communication, let your team mates know what generator you're hitting
Make yourself hard to hit, keep moving, only be out of cover when your firing, if you need to reload, hide behind the cylinder for a second, or keep moving if he's not on the generators
Don't let additional enemies get on top of you, one alone might not do a lot of damage, but if a lot of them hit you at once including Dekuso, your done for. It can shave a lot of time off if you keep yourself alive. But I know myself sometimes this is unavoidable.

Guys I really hoped this helped you, he was a pain in the butt for me and I'm glad I have my harmony preacher outfit. I know it isn't perfect, but if your having trouble and see this, I really hope it helps.
Organising how your going to put the beat down on him is really important, keep talking to each other and really nerd out for the 5 minutes to make sure he's off your pursuit ticklist

SweetMadness
04-17-2013, 01:01 PM
Tell it to the randoms who don't seem to realize it'd be nice to beat him in under 5 minutes... :(
Of course, now Drifter is finally available in the store, so I got that at least.

Helpful nonetheless.

jayx20
04-17-2013, 01:04 PM
Tell it to the randoms who don't seem to realize it'd be nice to beat him in under 5 minutes... :(
Of course, now Drifter is finally available in the store, so I got that at least.

Yeah man I could never handle it with randys.
If you need help, I can surely come in and give you a hand, but I am on EU servers
GT: jayx20
As for the drifer.. I also picked it up earlier, looks so cool!
It's the same as harmony preacher anyway, but looks so much cooler haha

SweetMadness
04-17-2013, 01:06 PM
Yeah man I could never handle it with randys.
If you need help, I can surely come in and give you a hand, but I am on EU servers
GT: jayx20
As for the drifer.. I also picked it up earlier, looks so cool!
It's the same as harmony preacher anyway, but looks so much cooler haha

Unfortunately I'm NA, I appreciate the offer though :)

I like Harmony preacher, just wish the hood was white, I think it'd fit the outfit better.

Frantic Poet
04-17-2013, 05:27 PM
I actually managed to beat it with randoms last night.
The hood is neat.
:cool:

SweetMadness
04-17-2013, 06:01 PM
I actually managed to beat it with randoms last night.
The hood is neat.
:cool:

Yeah I got it an hour or so ago. Now I'm gonna have to figure out how best to do the rest of the timed challenges...

Capt Stach3
05-10-2013, 06:27 AM
Here's a quick vid of myself and a friend with two good randoms taking him down. I'm using a ground pounder on the generator points and a SAW with overcharge on Dekuso. Hope it helps.

http://youtu.be/n3_ODW_U2-0

FattyMcG33
05-10-2013, 08:12 AM
Here's a quick vid of myself and a friend with two good randoms taking him down. I'm using a ground pounder on the generator points and a SAW with overcharge on Dekuso. Hope it helps.

damn that was quick. I'm gonna try out that method. Every time I've tried to do this with randoms, the generators take way too effin long to go down. I like the way the ground pounder ate them up in your vid

RickyB12
05-12-2013, 04:06 PM

Nice vid! Great tip with the ground pounder. Especially with a random group.