PDA

View Full Version : Question on cloak

Enochx
04-17-2013, 01:37 PM
I know that cloak disengages when you shoot, but if you stop shooting does it re-engage? I think it does on PvE, but what about Pvp? I guess what I am saying is if I cloak, can I run up shoot a guy a few times then run away while my cloak "re-cloaks" and then do it again before my power runs out? Or will you be able to see the cloaked guy after he shoots forever?

Beta582
04-17-2013, 01:38 PM
It will re-cloak as long as there is time left unless you get shocked/set on fire or deactivate it.

PseudoCool
04-17-2013, 01:40 PM
Not sure how cloak works from a player perspective in PvP. Last night the few people that tried to cloak hit me in PvP got shot down pretty fast, but that's because cloak doesn't re-engage if your on fire :)

I do know that in PvE, cloak DOES re-engage after you shoot a target. The drawback to that however, is that if the target (or any other for that matter) starts shooting you, cloak does NOT restart and the cool-down timer resets. I learned this the hard way fighting raiders :) Hope that helps!

Enochx
04-17-2013, 01:52 PM
so does cloak suck? How is the best way to use it?

Shima
04-17-2013, 01:55 PM

It's actually pretty damn amazing coupled with the 30% damage perk if you use a shotgun or sniper rifle (slow fire high burst weapons that let you cloak after each shot).

PseudoCool
04-17-2013, 01:58 PM
Shima's right on that one.

I know people who use it that way to unleash hell from behind someone (or from behind a boss.. works GREAT on Tankers that way).. I know others who use it to snipe from the shadows, and are scary deadly with their shots..

I personally have used it to give myself "breathing room" so that my shield with +regen can recharge as well as heal me.. while I move into a better position to wipe some baddies out.

I really think it just depends on the situation and how comfortable you are with it. But it definitely does NOT suck.

Cortechs
04-17-2013, 01:58 PM
So, does anyone else have the problem where you get hit while activating cloak and it doesn't ever engage, but uses the cooldown?

Enochx
04-17-2013, 02:04 PM
would it work well with a sawed off shotgun? You can re-engage cloak while reloading right?

Honved
04-17-2013, 02:08 PM
So, does anyone else have the problem where you get hit while activating cloak and it doesn't ever engage, but uses the cooldown?

It's one of cloaks many drawbacks, a strong enough hit immediately cancels it.

Honved
04-17-2013, 02:09 PM
would it work well with a sawed off shotgun? You can re-engage cloak while reloading right?

I'd recommend overcharge, it has a permanent buff to damage and instantly reloads. Out flank shoot, pop your ego, shoot again immediately.

Honved
04-17-2013, 02:10 PM

It's good, not amazing but good. A lot of players are unaware of it's drawbacks currently. I use cloak and blur, cloak is good for surprise but I've found that blur and overcharge are better over all.

kobi
04-17-2013, 02:13 PM
There are times in PvP players dont disengages while they shooting. Everytime some1 is shoting me with shotgun I can tell he/she is near me or behind me but i cant see them. is it a bug or they hacking or something?

Because when ever i shot i disengages but those people with shotguns they dont, why?

Cortechs
04-17-2013, 02:16 PM
It's one of cloaks many drawbacks, a strong enough hit immediately cancels it.

Gotcha, thanks!

Honved
04-17-2013, 02:17 PM
There are times in PvP players dont disengages while they shooting. Everytime some1 is shoting me with shotgun I can tell he/she is near me or behind me but i cant see them. is it a bug or they hacking or something?

Because when ever i shot i disengages but those people with shotguns they dont, why?

Hacking.

GAH /10chars.

kobi
04-17-2013, 02:29 PM
Thought so :(

Bori
04-17-2013, 02:43 PM
Oddly enough, cloak requires you to be sneaky :D Get a power kill to extend you timer, run around a shipping container, get another headshot, duck behind something. Chuck a grenade, then squeeze off a couple more grenades from a Lobber, get 5 powers kills, duck behind a wall. I've kept cloak going with the Killing Spree perk for ages by use of cover and/or breaking LOS after each kill.

Honved
04-17-2013, 03:29 PM
If you guys want me to make a thread listing what interrupts and what cancels cloaks let me know. =)

hardy83
04-17-2013, 03:40 PM
Well in PvP cloaked players can 1 shot me with what sounds like pump action shotguns, so...Yeah.. I don't really PvP. lol

Honved
04-17-2013, 03:44 PM
Well in PvP cloaked players can 1 shot me with what sounds like pump action shotguns, so...Yeah.. I don't really PvP. lol

This is impossible, most likely a modded sawed off.

hardy83
04-17-2013, 04:17 PM
This is impossible, most likely a modded sawed off.

The graphic of the weapon and the sound seems to indicate otherwise, but maybe.

Honved
04-17-2013, 04:22 PM
The graphic of the weapon and the sound seems to indicate otherwise, but maybe.

What system do you play on?

hardy83
04-17-2013, 04:25 PM
What system do you play on?

PC.

I'm not saying you're wrong. You're probably right. I've used a pump and combat shotgun and can never 1 hit people, just the graphic looked like a pump/shotgun as with the sound.
Knowing the game, it's probably a bug. lol

Honved
04-17-2013, 04:29 PM
PC.

I'm not saying you're wrong. You're probably right. I've used a pump and combat shotgun and can never 1 hit people, just the graphic looked like a pump/shotgun as with the sound.
Knowing the game, it's probably a bug. lol

Theres that but on the pc people are buying programs to manipulate the client side stats of weapons. When they can cause a pump to hit a lot harder. =/

Ensu
04-17-2013, 04:32 PM
The Shadowed Strike (30% damage while cloaked) perk increases the damage of every round in a burst. A two shot burst VOT fragger will have the bonus on both shots. The same with a burst AR or the burst LMG.

Honved
04-17-2013, 04:38 PM
The Shadowed Strike (30% damage while cloaked) perk increases the damage of every round in a burst. A two shot burst VOT fragger will have the bonus on both shots. The same with a burst AR or the burst LMG.

This is a pump we are talking about, it is one of those 3-4 shot but not a 1 shot. Good point though.

hardy83
04-17-2013, 04:47 PM
Theres that but on the pc people are buying programs to manipulate the client side stats of weapons. When they can cause a pump to hit a lot harder. =/

Well if that's true, guess I won't bother with PvP in this game. lol I didn't PvP in WoW for a reason.
Getting 1-shot constantly isn't fun.

Ensu
04-17-2013, 04:51 PM
Try using purely defensive perks. (30% less damage from behind, half damage when shield breaks, etc.) to improve your survivability in pvp.

Also, a high health shield rather than a Respark would help prevent them killing you with the alpha strike.

It holds true in most pvp that survivability/dodge beats damage.