PDA

View Full Version : changes to chat with patch

Corsair
04-17-2013, 01:40 PM
I can't tell the difference. Discuss.

Chaotica
04-17-2013, 01:43 PM
I can't tell either, but that's mostly because nobody seems to use it ;)

Shima
04-17-2013, 01:45 PM
I've been in a clan for a week and last night was the first time I saw any chat or heard any voices from it.

So yea, there's a difference.

ironhands
04-17-2013, 01:45 PM
the window doesn't hide as quickly, or as often. if someone says something, it'll stay visible for a lot longer

Corsair
04-17-2013, 01:55 PM
the window doesn't hide as quickly, or as often. if someone says something, it'll stay visible for a lot longer

Don't see why it minimises at all to be honest. At least you have noticed some changes I've not had much play since the changes

krazyx86
04-17-2013, 02:07 PM
Don't see why it minimises at all to be honest. At least you have noticed some changes I've not had much play since the changes

I agree, a static chat window would be awesome. It's an MMO, yet it almost seems like they're discouraging using chat at all for who knows what reason. I type a lot but there's NEVER a response from anyone(except for after arkfalls). It's kind of sad, it makes it much harder to meet people, or even interact with them in general.

I know eventually they wil fix it, I just hope they do before it's too late and no one cares anymore.

Zuul
04-17-2013, 02:12 PM
I agree, a static chat window would be awesome. It's an MMO, yet it almost seems like they're discouraging using chat at all for who knows what reason. I type a lot but there's NEVER a response from anyone(except for after arkfalls). It's kind of sad, it makes it much harder to meet people, or even interact with them in general.

I know eventually they wil fix it, I just hope they do before it's too late and no one cares anymore.

The reason you're not getting a response is because atm the Area chat is limited to people only in close proximity to you. If you can't see them, they most likely can't see what you're typing. It's also why you're getting responses from people @ arkfalls, since they're all right next to you.

It's a crumby chat system and I'm hoping they'll look into it!

dirtyklingon
04-17-2013, 02:56 PM
back in the first 2 beta weekends it was what you'd expect from mmo chat more or less iirc.

idk why they changed it.

xoxid
04-17-2013, 03:18 PM
We need at the very least two chat channel(ACTIVE BY DEFAULT): General and trade.