PDA

View Full Version : the Patch will come when Sony says not Trion

steadyhand08
04-17-2013, 02:56 PM
so will you bleeding people aim your rage at the right people, this is completely out of Trions hand, sony has a QA process that was not built with quick deployment in mind so it takes cracking ages for anything to go though.

to make matters worse if Sony finds anything their not happy with they kick the deployment back and Trion has to go though the whole process again. This process has plagged many developers lately, for example dust 514 has had to wait 6 months for its major patch so the fact we are getting one in two weeks be bleeding happy

Scotty_Doo42
04-17-2013, 03:01 PM
lol its no use. These people will complain about the patch till the day it comes. Its annoying but aren't most ignorant people?

RookieOnDuty
04-17-2013, 03:12 PM
lol its no use. These people will complain about the patch till the day it comes. Its annoying but aren't most ignorant people?

Not only that, they will keep complaining even after it comes out, there is always one to ignite the fuel on the trolling fire.

Scotty_Doo42
04-17-2013, 03:14 PM
Not only that, they will keep complaining even after it comes out, there is always one to ignite the fuel on the trolling fire.

true enough. sigh. good game though.

kirbs562
04-17-2013, 03:18 PM
How will a company know when you don't like something if you do not complain?

Scotty_Doo42
04-17-2013, 03:21 PM
Its not exactly the complaining. Its the 043592750428340329840328508320583025804305 different THREADS created of the complaining.

RookieOnDuty
04-17-2013, 03:22 PM
How will a company know when you don't like something if you do not complain?

There is a big difference on constructive complaining and trolling, and the trolling seems to be the thing that most people use. I have seen maybe one thread that could be considered complaining, all the rest is, well, trolling.

EDIT: And then their are the post's that turn into trolling, due to the fact that the one creating it can't actually justify he's/hers claims.

6Strummer
04-17-2013, 03:26 PM
Its not exactly the complaining. Its the 043592750428340329840328508320583025804305 different THREADS created of the complaining.

Yup. And the impatience. And the tenuous grasp on reality, assuming code can be patched as quickly as they want it to be. And the language. And the ultimatums that they'll quit the game if (X) doesn't happen within (X) number of days.

*Sigh*

Humans...

Dr D Wayne Love
04-17-2013, 03:28 PM
so will you bleeding people aim your rage at the right people, this is completely out of Trions hand, sony has a QA process that was not built with quick deployment in mind so it takes cracking ages for anything to go though.

to make matters worse if Sony finds anything their not happy with they kick the deployment back and Trion has to go though the whole process again. This process has plagged many developers lately, for example dust 514 has had to wait 6 months for its major patch so the fact we are getting one in two weeks be bleeding happy

How dare Sony care about PSN and their customers enough to ensure all patches are rigorously tested!

RookieOnDuty
04-17-2013, 03:30 PM
How dare Sony care about PSN and their customers enough to ensure all patches are rigorously tested!

why those bastards, how dare they!

Scotty_Doo42
04-17-2013, 03:30 PM
Yup. And the impatience. And the tenuous grasp on reality, assuming code can be patched as quickly as they want it to be. And the language. And the ultimatums that they'll quit the game if (X) doesn't happen within (X) number of days.

*Sigh*

Humans...

Humans indeed. Humph!!

kirbs562
04-17-2013, 03:33 PM

There should be a dedicated thread for complaining. Call it, "Complain here."

Indifferntcolor
04-17-2013, 04:15 PM

those feinds!!!

alpharougewarx
04-17-2013, 04:18 PM

yea whay you said XD XD#deal with it

alpharougewarx
04-17-2013, 04:23 PM

yea i agree with you and whats funny ppl say the dumbest things like no they don't. well like Adam orth said #deal with it XD :). thats what im doin

SGTquig
04-17-2013, 04:30 PM
I'm still new to the MMO thing, but the game is being played from a server. So that means the patch is downloaded from Trion's inputs unto the server. Right?

I know they have already said that they are focused on making adjustments to get the game to run smoother. Tweaks and calibrations to reduce lag and such. This done on their servers. So they could be focused on getting that fixed first, to ensure stability, before fixing other issues. These other issues are not a priority compared to keeping the game up so people can play.

As for Sony doing QC checks on content. Maybe they should focus on this on disc DLC bulls*** and regulate Crapcom.

Scabbz
04-17-2013, 06:12 PM
Despite what some of you may say, regardless of it being Sony's fault or not, Trion has a big part of this issue do to the fact of informing ALL Platforms of the Major Patch that was coming on the 15th. The fact remains that Trion didn't follow through with what they stated to all PS3 players in Defiance, and if they knew before hand that Sony takes longer time to go through the patch with a fine comb, then that should of been stated to all of the PS3 players prior to announcing the patch.

So as much as I agree with the complaining going on regarding Trion's patch and PS3 players, I can also agree with some of the reasoning behind the complaining (ie trolling).

penguin_witchdoctor
04-17-2013, 07:48 PM
Well, from what the PC and Xbox boards have been saying it sounds like we got the better deal. I am glad to still have the bugs we are used to and not having to deal with the nerfs and new bugs. so what if you do not have the EGO points from leveling our vehicles.
I will be happy when we get a good patch.

6Strummer
04-17-2013, 09:58 PM
Despite what some of you may say, regardless of it being Sony's fault or not, Trion has a big part of this issue do to the fact of informing ALL Platforms of the Major Patch that was coming on the 15th. The fact remains that Trion didn't follow through with what they stated to all PS3 players in Defiance, and if they knew before hand that Sony takes longer time to go through the patch with a fine comb, then that should of been stated to all of the PS3 players prior to announcing the patch.

So as much as I agree with the complaining going on regarding Trion's patch and PS3 players, I can also agree with some of the reasoning behind the complaining (ie trolling).

What I saw was the blog post on this site when the patch was announced, and it said PS3 would be getting the patch later than PC and 360. As soon as possible, but later.

RookieOnDuty
04-17-2013, 10:05 PM
What I saw was the blog post on this site when the patch was announced, and it said PS3 would be getting the patch later than PC and 360. As soon as possible, but later.

A statement on twitter on the 15th, around 07:00 AM, stated that all platforms would get the patch.

6Strummer
04-17-2013, 10:43 PM
A statement on twitter on the 15th, around 07:00 AM, stated that all platforms would get the patch.

One more reason I'm glad I never look at Twitter. : )

That blog post was on the 11th.

FNL4EVA23
04-17-2013, 10:51 PM

Trion fan boy alert. Not sony fault patch prob bugged. The trion track record on this game is brutal so stop sticking up when we do not know anything and never will why the delay.

FNL4EVA23
04-17-2013, 10:52 PM
But yet you are complaining to....

Encentives
04-17-2013, 11:21 PM
Ehh there is always other games youcan support. I was thinking about getting the DLC season pass but after being looked down for being a Ps3 owner I would rather not support them. Thats just me though. Feel free to flame me for having my own form of thought.

steadyhand08
04-18-2013, 12:51 AM

Hehe fair comment tbh. But allowances need to be made for content heavy games that require constant updates. At the moment the current process treats all updates equally when games like dust defince or dc online by their nature should be higher up the chain or be under a diffrent system all together. But I admit that's another can of worms. Also as others said my issue is with the trolling not Sony I don't want to shift though 1000s of pbeige every morning :-)ages of ga

Jardian
04-18-2013, 02:01 AM
You know I now find this amusing. If you people think Sony is holding up the patch I got some swamp land I will sell you. I see other games get patchs across the board same day cross platform yet trion cant for some reason ...Yeah tell me what part of that makes sense. They wont even post in the forum whats going on with it and you dont think something is screwy ...yeah ...ok ...I have defended alot of things that have happened from release till now but this is just stupid on an epic level now.

Thanx4tehfish
04-18-2013, 02:12 AM
Lol the patch didn't fix half the issues it said it was going to on the 360. And has caused even more problems. So don't worry guys

Chump Norris
04-18-2013, 02:32 AM
I dont know for sure who is really at fault for the patch delay but i sincerely thank them from the bottom of my heart.