PDA

View Full Version : only a few good weapons?

bio10656
04-17-2013, 03:10 PM
Do only assault rifles work correctly all other weapons don't seem to work lmgs are all too inaccurate and slow snipers can't be aimed that well with no variable scope rocks launchers are just slow pistols are weak only things I find good are gernade launchers smgs and assault rifles why???

Jestunhi
04-17-2013, 03:12 PM
Do only assault rifles work correctly all other weapons don't seem to work lmgs are all too inaccurate and slow snipers can't be aimed that well with no variable scope rocks launchers are just slow pistols are weak only things I find good are gernade launchers smgs and assault rifles why???

Because you are bad with the other weapons and better with assault rifles? Perhaps they suit your playstyle?

Personally I use LMG / bolt-action sniper primarily with a BMG & some kind of explosive (either the grenade-firing shotgun, an RPG or a grenade launcher) on standby in other loadouts.

And I have had no issues playing without assault rifles.

Pogue
04-17-2013, 03:14 PM
My LMG is extremely accurate. User error suspected.

Jestunhi
04-17-2013, 03:15 PM
My LMG is extremely accurate. User error suspected.

Yup. Burst fire SAW is accurate with high damage per shot, high rate of fire and a big-*** mag.

Quite possibly my favorite gun, I just need to find one with the right set of bonuses now. :)

:edit:

By which I obviously mean manually firing the fully-automatic SAW in bursts.

Space_Monky
04-17-2013, 03:17 PM

it's all personal preference. i see people using all the weapons, but i will admit sniper rifles are the ones i see the least.

when i was in the beta i used LMG's and put out massive damage. Check out the guy on you tube destroying things with pistols. they all have their place, you just have to learn how and when to use them.

Pogue
04-17-2013, 03:24 PM
By which I obviously mean manually firing the fully-automatic SAW in bursts.

Ya once you get good at controlling it, its unstoppable. I wasn't even upset that they lowered the rate of fire on the FRC, cause I felt a bit overpowered anyway. Mine is orange and mean.

Olcsonn
04-17-2013, 03:25 PM
My AR's scope and aim function disappeared all together since the patch, but I bug reported it.

Jestunhi
04-17-2013, 03:26 PM
For anyone interested, here's a google spreadsheet with weapon stats and calculations to produce the DPS (basic or crits, with or without reload time).

Not my doc, just one I saved the link to.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AuAXA8GRArcRdFZvOGxnTmtWZ0lNdkFaR0s5anNMc 1E#gid=0