PDA

View Full Version : Weapon skill level not increasing after the latest patch?

Albion
04-17-2013, 03:44 PM
I have been trying for quite some time to increase my assault rifle skill, and the bar doesn't seem to be moving. I am using a new assault rifle that is NOT maxed out, so the exp should be counting. I am halfway between 8 and 9 (or so it looks) and after a few hours of play using primarily the AR, the level seems stuck.

I searched as best I could to find a similar issue and found nothing here, so I apologize if this has been brought up before.

aeryk117
04-17-2013, 04:00 PM
I've leveled several weapon skills (AR 8 to 9; SMG; Pistol; LMG) and vehicle skills post patch, so it seems to work for me.

I wish I had a suggestion for you - first thought was to make sure the AR you are using isn't at max XP - it's an odd mechanic, but if the weapon XP is maxed (weapon specific XP, not the weapon skill) you no longer gain skill XP when using that particular weapon. However you state very clearly in your post your weapon XP is not maxed. Guess I would try a different AR (even switching to a different type of AR), but have no idea why or how this might work other than trial & error. Have seen some posts saying that weapon/skill XP wasn't being earned for them in Arkfalls but this has absolutely NOT been my experience.

Albion
04-17-2013, 04:58 PM
Thank you for the reply aeryk117, I appreciate it.

ForeignPatriot
04-17-2013, 05:00 PM
Also, make sure you're not trying to level it at an Arkfall or any event that doesn't yield XP

Ivan Reynolds
04-17-2013, 05:19 PM
I have been trying for quite some time to increase my assault rifle skill, and the bar doesn't seem to be moving. I am using a new assault rifle that is NOT maxed out, so the exp should be counting. I am halfway between 8 and 9 (or so it looks) and after a few hours of play using primarily the AR, the level seems stuck.

I searched as best I could to find a similar issue and found nothing here, so I apologize if this has been brought up before.

Just thought I'd say I felt I was having the same problem with my AR skill stuck at 8ish. Even with a new weapon... Will check back if it still doesn't rise after a bit more playing.

EnergyEntity01
05-03-2013, 11:26 PM
I've maxed 2 Frontier SAWs, 3/4 of the machinists' gun and put 50K on a EMC LMC and my LMG skill is still at 3,it was stuck under the black divider and I wasn't sure what progression to expect; so I tried changing the guns' manufacture/type, didn't seem to have any impact. I figured there was a mission requirement as I've been arc hunting and am only up to the second half of KTAM, was going to try advancing a bit in main storyline.

Warlander
05-04-2013, 12:38 AM
i hit assault rifle 20 tonight on pc, make sure your not trting to level at arkfalls

Arsenic_Touch
05-04-2013, 12:44 AM
My assault rifle has been stuck at 19 for like 3 days now. Redoing the story missions and it hasn't budged yet.

Sids
05-04-2013, 01:10 AM
I had a thread about exactly this, only with shotguns, just a couple of days ago. I switched loadouts and ground out some AR-Pistol levels for a day or so; after AR-5 and Pistol-2, I went back to try my shotguns again and they worked just fine. I dunno if it's just the passage of time that solved the problem, or if it's a matter of gaining levels in other weapons; but the problem DOES seem to resolve itself if you just sorta wander off and do something else for a few hours.

EvilOps
05-04-2013, 01:36 AM
Ive hit AR level 11, ten times now. Talked to support and notta so far.