PDA

View Full Version : advice for someone that cant snipe in this game?

dracoparadox
04-17-2013, 03:53 PM
anyone have any advice on a good way to snipe? im so use to doing it in like BF3 and leading my shot that i always get screwed up, so i constantly fail at the bolinas sniper hot shot challenge >.<

DamianThorn
04-17-2013, 03:59 PM
anyone have any advice on a good way to snipe? im so use to doing it in like BF3 and leading my shot that i always get screwed up, so i constantly fail at the bolinas sniper hot shot challenge >.<

everything you know about sniping? forget that....in this game there is no bullet drop,or having to lead your shot ,just line up the headshot and fire.

Trust me....I suck at sniping in BF3, (due to bullet drop and leading the target) but in this game,I could be a super sniper for a well oiled S.W.A.T team..:cool:

Sludge
04-17-2013, 04:02 PM
If you have aim assist on make sure you are almost on top,of the guy before you zoom in, then it will snap to his body. Move up a little for the headshot. If he's moving, it can be hard to get a headshot with the controller so either practice practice practice or just be happy with body shots.

Scotty_Doo42
04-17-2013, 04:39 PM
I am a BF3 sniper as well. Keep distance from these guys. PAY attention to which way they are facing. I have actually noticed if i shoot a guy who is IN front of another guy, they spot me instantly, but if i shoot the back guy first i get a few kills off before spotted. Use the cloak and perks next to it to massively stack crit damage. And as already stated, no need for leading your shots. Which makes hitting moving targets harder for me then easier. I would also suggest taking off auto aim, but thats my preference.
The bolt actions are best for crit damage, however if you can learn to be fast enough the semi auto / auto snipers are extremely effective. Carry a few and use each depending on the situation.
Good luck, may your bullets be silent.

Dandrielas
04-17-2013, 04:47 PM
As the others have said, you don't have to lead your shot. Just aim at their head and fire. I come from COD where I was used to drag scoping. That doesn't work so well here. lolz

Dirt Nap
04-17-2013, 05:27 PM
If you can't snipe, then don't. Try a shotgun.

Saber024
04-17-2013, 05:29 PM
try semi-autos.

Dandrielas
04-17-2013, 05:29 PM
If you can't snipe, then don't. Try a shotgun.

I actually stink with the shotgun in this game. I always die very quickly when I use it. I can only do well it seems with a Sniper rifle.

kyxsune
04-17-2013, 06:16 PM
try semi-autos.

yeah, semi-autos are good practice and have a higher dps. also you can the bloom down low enough to use it in close combat in PvP.

Rebellius555
04-17-2013, 07:17 PM
I had exactly the same problem. I'm quite good with sniper rifles in BF3 but when I started with Defiance I struggled a lot. In the end I managed to adjust the sensitivity and it's easier...much easier.

J_matt
04-17-2013, 08:05 PM
Either aim for the head or wait til they stop, but trust me you need good timing and to know the enemy spawns to get a good score, its all about timing in bolinas sniper challenge if you wait to long or are to shot happy you wont get a good score...... trust me

chicksticker
04-17-2013, 08:09 PM
I have a problem with my shots not hitting where im aiming. I will line a perfect headshot out then when i shot i either miss all together or only hit a body shot!!

Bluesguy07
04-17-2013, 08:10 PM

Grab a shotty and cloak. That's what everyone else is doing.

J_matt
04-17-2013, 08:12 PM
I have a problem with my shots not hitting where im aiming. I will line a perfect headshot out then when i shot i either miss all together or only hit a body shot!!

well if its the gun in the challenge you have to aim a tiny bit over their heads a times to get a headshot, if its any normal sniper rifle same thing but be warned any scope mods decrease ur accuracy so be careful lol

RegularX
04-17-2013, 08:21 PM
Honestly, I couldn't hang with the semi-autos. They just didn't do the DPS that a decent Assault Rifle with a good scope can do. For one shot, one kill - I say go manual.

As someone else said, go for the head - or at least what Counter-Strike players called the "upper triangle": head, neck, shoulders and upper chest. You can drop most enemies in two with it (which is more common anyway).

But I don't know much about the challenge, haven't tried.

RegularX
04-17-2013, 08:22 PM
Grab a shotty and cloak. That's what everyone else is doing.

I don't get Cloak + Shotty.

Blur + Shotty + Circle Strafe = dead whatever is in that circle.

dracoparadox
04-17-2013, 11:28 PM
I actually ended up getting past that challenge, with a gold surprisingly, so now I'm don't in Marin and got the coda scout outfit :D onto the next area...

Shogo_Yahagi
04-18-2013, 07:03 AM
Don't put a scope on your sniper rifle. Scopes are bugged and currently make guns less accurate rather than more accurate. Someone forgot that lower accuracy numbers means higher accuracy, which is, on the face of it, rather stupid. If a lower number is better, they should call the stat inaccuracy.

EJequalsLast
06-06-2013, 12:11 AM

Heres the deal, So you're not good at sniping all you do is miss frequently or may be you just can't do a specific challenge right doesn't matter. Here's what you do basically you just take any sniper rifle semiauto or bolt action or brand-new charge rifles when they come out and basically what you do is you use it as a primary weapon you don't use any other gun unless you really have to. I recently finished the snipe from the shadows pursuit I II & III and i will say when i used the as a primary and basically making it the only weapon i use, i actually got really good, especially after that kill 5000 enemys with a bilt action sniper rifle, i got way better at sniping. I went into a competitive map and went 10-8 (not bad) and only used my sniper rifle.

You get used to it after frequent use. Hope i help a little.

Zabuza
06-06-2013, 12:48 AM
Turn off aim assist for sniping (it is what is ruining your leads). Possibly turn down sensitivity. Turn on the Height advantage perk. If going for crits, aim for the neck/collar area.

Strahd
06-06-2013, 02:51 AM
Forget leading and compensating for bullet drop. Just line up your shot from the collar bone/neck area and squeeze, don't slap the trigger. Instant gray matter flying everywhere. Best of luck on the brain surgeon challenge, it's not impossible to complete.

bootymode
06-06-2013, 02:31 PM
All I do is snipe, in pvp I take 2 sniper riffles one for blowing up cars and quick sniping I have awesome derailer with a sharpshooter scope and one for distance killing a VOT bolter with marksmen scope so I feel I can offer you some advice. First thing, scopes are no longer bugged they work fine since the 1.20 patch, the best scopes to use are sharpshooter and marksmen, don't use telescopic they suck. The sharpshooter scope is the smallest magnification if you don't camp with your riffle and want to be able to move around alot be in the battle quick scoping this is the one for you, marksmen is medium magnification best for long precise shots, telescoping is max zoom but sucks cause it plays with your look sensitivity while zoomed in. If you are a true sniper and wanna see things fall over after a head shot stay from semi auto snipers, get yourself a VOT bolter or a FRC bolt action repeater, bonus stats the will have the best impact on your sniping is crit mult and fire rate with priority on fire rate.

You DO have to lead shots very slightly because on bolt action sniper there is a very short delay from when u pull the trigger and when the bullet actually fires I think it just has something to do with latency. For head shots the hit box is kind of wonky for prople that are use to other shooters they will be used to aiming between the eyes or top section of the head, in defiance that will usually miss completely aim for the middle of the neck to the bridge of the nose. Slightly turning down your look sensitivity helps with sniping because of less jerky camera movement. Best way to learn to snipe is to imagine there is a dot in the center of your cross hair while moving/ aiming from the hip then when you feel like the target is where you want tap aim the fire in quick sucsession learning how to master this is what will make you a pro mobile unpredictable sniper and be able to jump shot people, compared to Bering a camping predictable sniper that gets a kill then dies :p