PDA

View Full Version : First time this games made me mad...

SavageWolf
04-17-2013, 04:03 PM
Just noticed that there is new costumes in the store, and the nightcrawler one is very nice indeed. But why on Earth should we have to pay about 800ms points just for a suit??? That's the price of most arcade games, hell I bought max payne 3 for less than that lol.

When I first got this game I thought you guys had just made a mistake with the prices, but now that you've added new ones for the same ridiculous price, I just got really pissed. How can you sell a suit for 140bits but then others for 800? You guys would make more money if they were cheaper as more people (myself included) would buy them.

Arsenic_Touch
04-17-2013, 04:12 PM
They claim they're comparative with other micro transaction stores in other games. I call bullshtako on that one. The prices are ridiculous.

SavageWolf
04-17-2013, 04:35 PM
Another thing that annoys me is the fact they said in one if the live steams that everything in the store can be got just by playing the game, the store is just for people that want it now. I've yet to see anyone that has one of those costumes and I've yet to hear about how to get them ingame..... just another lie I guess. Some one Pleeeeease prove me wrong.

Ikagawa
04-17-2013, 04:42 PM
Another thing that annoys me is the fact they said in one if the live steams that everything in the store can be got just by playing the game, the store is just for people that want it now. I've yet to see anyone that has one of those costumes and I've yet to hear about how to get them ingame..... just another lie I guess. Some one Pleeeeease prove me wrong.

Or it could be that it isn't in a game mission yet since they have content still on its way.

Seriously, think about things before you start screaming.

Ensu
04-17-2013, 04:44 PM
They claim they're comparative with other micro transaction stores in other games. I call bullshtako on that one. The prices are ridiculous.

Funnily enough, it is comparative.

And that's why I never buy costumes in those games.

As I recall, they were cheaper in Beta when we were buying things with our fake Bits.

Hycinthus
04-17-2013, 04:45 PM
They are nice, I want them, but before I buy any outfit, I want the ability to rotate camera so I can see what my character is wearing. Also after spending that much money, I want to be able to take screenshot with my character in game (not just the inventory screen).

Until then, I will not purchase any outfit.

JustinM19
04-17-2013, 04:48 PM

Most of them are the same outfit reskinned. Go to your puursuits. For example the Drifter set that was just introduced is the same thing as the one you get for the Co-op pursuit in Explosions 101. Only difference is the color.

gothicshark
04-17-2013, 04:48 PM

Actually look though you menus until you find the pursuits they are all in there some are really hard to get but they are all in game.

SavageWolf
04-17-2013, 04:49 PM
@Ikagawa

If you think that's gonna happen then your delusional. The fact is that the give up mediocre suits and sell the decent one at a ridiculous price. Hell I got 1200bits free with the UE and I'm still not even gonna waste FREE bits on stuff that expensive.

SlashZaku
04-17-2013, 04:53 PM
Another thing that annoys me is the fact they said in one if the live steams that everything in the store can be got just by playing the game, the store is just for people that want it now. I've yet to see anyone that has one of those costumes and I've yet to hear about how to get them ingame..... just another lie I guess. Some one Pleeeeease prove me wrong.Could be coming later but I've noticed some of the costumes are also just recolors of ones you can get already (saw one that was a recolor of the Rebel Journalist, think a recolor of the Preacher outfit is now there, etc.). So color schemes aside, yeah, they're not 'lying' about being able to obtain the costumes, designs anyways.

Sanguinesun
04-17-2013, 04:55 PM
Six month from now, I'll be willing to bet you'll laugh at the thought of those outfits. I just get the feeling most wont care.

Ikagawa
04-17-2013, 04:58 PM
@Ikagawa

If you think that's gonna happen then your delusional. The fact is that the give up mediocre suits and sell the decent one at a ridiculous price. Hell I got 1200bits free with the UE and I'm still not even gonna waste FREE bits on stuff that expensive.

You're right, it's completely delusional to believe a company will sell an item before they bring it up as content later on. /eyeroll

Continue with your raging.

Ensu
04-17-2013, 04:59 PM
@Ikagawa

Echelon Operative, Ark Predator, City Tracker, Collective Infiltrator, EMC Heavy Trooper, Harmony Preacher. These are all pursuit outfits. They all look better to me than anything on the store. And since I even got the Ark Infiltrator outfit as a pre-order bonus, I'm quite happy.

hardy83
04-17-2013, 04:59 PM

It IS comparative. Games like WoW, TSW, GW2, TERA etc ALL have extremely overpriced digital items.
No one wants to lead by example and put prices on par with what you'd find with social and smartphone games.

NO digital clothing should cost more than 3 bucks. Anything higher is a complete rip off.

What I personally don't understand is they clearly have business people claiming this to be the better option, when I bet you ANYTHING dropping the price of hats, outfits and vehicles cost to less than $5 A LOT more people would be buying them. More than making up whatever profits they feel they'll get charging $15-20.

While I love Trion, whoever is in charge of business needs to be slapped. I even had reservations on the price of the game itself.
$60 for the game is fine, but $100 for the CE? $40 for a season pass?
Bioshocks Infinite's season pass was only $20, and $100 for CE? That's as much of a ripoff as GW2 CE version (which was a pretty big ripoff)

Ikagawa
04-17-2013, 05:02 PM
It IS comparative. Games like WoW, TSW, GW2, TERA etc ALL have extremely overpriced digital items.

I'll admit, I paid stupid amounts for a couple of vanity pets in WoW when I was still playing.

But they looked so awesome!

hardy83
04-17-2013, 05:08 PM
I'll admit, I paid stupid amounts for a couple of vanity pets in WoW when I was still playing.

Yeah. Me, personally. I love comparing prices with things to determine somethings worth.
When I look at digital items in games like WoW or this game, I think about how much it costs and compare using that money to buy games on Steam of GoG.
Thus I can NEVER justify buying any digital items.
Why spend $15 on a pet when you can get classic games on GoG or get a great game on sale on Steam.
I mean by bought Just Cause 2 for $7.50 and Dead Island for the same. There is NO way a virtual item is worth that.

Hiroller
04-17-2013, 05:09 PM
who wants to pay anything on a game limping around the gaming world... *screenshot

Ikagawa
04-17-2013, 05:12 PM
Yeah. Me, personally. I love comparing prices with things to determine somethings worth.
When I look at digital items in games like WoW or this game, I think about how much it costs and compare using that money to buy games on Steam of GoG.
Thus I can NEVER justify buying any digital items.
Why spend $15 on a pet when you can get classic games on GoG or get a great game on sale on Steam.
I mean by bought Just Cause 2 for $7.50 and Dead Island for the same. There is NO way a virtual item is worth that.

You didn't see my Mini-Moonkin and I strutting around town in all our feathered glory. It was glorious ;)

K A S H I H A R A D
04-17-2013, 05:18 PM
The prices don't bother me because I'm not the kind of guy to buy standalone virtual items with real money. It's the overabundance of bland military outfits and hi-tech power armor in-game that disappoints me.

palerider1097
04-17-2013, 05:21 PM
im starting to think this is a huge scam for money

Panthan
04-17-2013, 05:23 PM

I dont really care about the prices myself, if I like it I buy it, if I think its too expensive I dont buy it, plain and simple. I have better things to complain about. My sexlife for instance :P

Ikagawa
04-17-2013, 05:23 PM

It's not a scam if everything is upfront.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/scam

Hiroller
04-17-2013, 05:24 PM

ya think? *screenshot

Shada Mori
04-17-2013, 05:26 PM
Actually its about 10$ to buy an outfit permanently, which is indeed comparative with other micro transaction games. I don't see a problem honestly. You don't HAVE to buy them.

loops73
04-17-2013, 05:27 PM

almost all of the store outfits can be had in game by finishing pursuits..try looking at them sometime

SandmanSix8
04-17-2013, 06:07 PM
It's not a scam if everything is upfront.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/scam

Remember this is not a subscription fee, they rely on the money paid to keep the servers up and running. Phantasy Star Universe charged $10 and most others charged $14.99 so perhaps you might just suck it up buttercup.

SavageWolf
04-17-2013, 06:09 PM
Tbh I just hope they reduce the prices. It's my only complaint about this game atm...... apart from having to use inferior weapns just because my gd ones are maxed out and I can't raise my skill lvl with them anymore

ten4
04-17-2013, 06:26 PM
Whole CS is over priced...I mean 10 bucks for a re-colored outfit is just well...being greedy.

Cut all prices by at least 50%. Do it.

Malachi
04-17-2013, 06:34 PM
So, if most of the costumes are just different colored re-skins, then why are they so expensive?

I know there are SOME games that have very expensive vanity items, but those items are always very unique and definitely stand out. I'm not going to pay these crazy prices just for a different color of the same outfit I already have. Either make the outfits amazing or reduce their prices. Preferably reduce their prices, as I'd be happy buying a bunch of different colored outfits if they were cheaper.

JerZey CJ
04-17-2013, 06:44 PM

Yeah, the prices are competitive with other FREE TO PLAY MMOs, last I checked, Defiance cost me $60, so it isn't free. Trion needs to lower the prices. I could go and buy Fable or Jade Empire with those MS points.