PDA

View Full Version : DLC future

Wtflag
04-17-2013, 06:16 PM
We have some ideas as to what will be in the DLC according to the developer blog...

http://community.defiance.com/en/2013/04/06/dear-diary-its-the-fourth-day-its-been-amazing-but-why-do-we-still-have-lag/

Whatís our DLC plan? Ė Iíve seen a lot of you mention this and this is material for an entire blog post because there is so much I want to talk about. However, letís be short. There are at least 5 DLCs this year. They all have a free and paid component. We do not want to segregate our playerbase so we always want everybody be able to participate and play with friends. The free part is features and content, the paid part is essentially, say, access to a new playable species with a bundle of stuff with it. The upcoming TV tie-ins arenít DLCs that cost either. Itís all yours.

Well actually we don't. Features and content sounds like 90% of what you would expect in a DLC. Races and stuff sounds ... underwhelming.

Frankly I have no interest in new races since I always play humans and see no value in restarting from EGO 1 for a different skin. And then a bundle of stuff is much too vague. It is better guns? Wouldn't that promote pay2win? Is it customization options? Wouldn't that be charging people for options that should have been in the base game considering other MMOs have a ton more customization options out of the box?

These are deep and hard questions developers have to answer eventually. The only question is that, will they answer wrongly?

I will reserve the next post for what I think is the correct answer.

Wtflag
04-17-2013, 06:17 PM
And the correct answer is this:

1. All missions, coop-missions and maps free.
2. All guns and shields obtainable by all players.
3. More customization options free.
4. All perks and powers obtainable by all players
5. Marriage and minigames
6. Player housing and storage (some stupid wooden stack or something)
7. Pets (non combat)
8. GDI ion cannon (PVE only, once a day)

That takes care of all the base-game players. They should be more than happy as the major complains currently involve the lack of content in the base game (And the UI and hacks for PC players but this isn't a complain thread)

So if everything is free, why am I paying for the DLCs? Answer:

1. Self designed costume and logo (check out APB)
2. Better cars (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?32720-Suggestion-for-DLC-Pimp-my-ride)
3. Additional dailies
4. Access to "simulation room" which allows you to train weapons easier. (Ammo cache nearby, but enemy don't drop stuff)
5. Player housing and storage (secret bunker/bat cave)
6. Pets (combat capable but only in PVE)
7. GDI ion cannon (PVE only, upgraded to once per hour)

(And more as I think of it)

Wtflag
04-17-2013, 07:35 PM
Up

/10charlimit