PDA

View Full Version : New Mounts?

Chaskcryaotic
04-17-2013, 06:56 PM
Anyone think that we will be getting new rollers and runners added in upcoming patch like the cerebus and the T4 titan(aka the hauler) or dirt bikes and combat mounts like what we see on the SHOW and the defiance live action trailer on youtube id love to have the t4 titan(the hauler) get a bunch of friend one drivering one in the passnger seat 4 in the back rolling right into a ark fall but share your commnets and and what you wish/think we should or if you know ;)

Beats
04-17-2013, 06:58 PM
I am sure we are going to get more vehicles. There is no reason they would not add more. As far as cerberus I am not sure, if we do get it, it may be a non combat one or a variation of the pvp one (since it does so much damage without ammo constraints/etc).

I would love a larger vehicle though, just for the "might be handy" situations. Such as you stated, like a truck of some form or maybe even a variant on a van/etc, to seat at least 4 (a full party currently).

creatingthesilkroad
04-17-2013, 06:59 PM
I don't think we'll see combat mounts, seems a little too broken. Unless its a mini game or something

Nis085
04-17-2013, 07:00 PM
I would love a dirt bike!

Chaskcryaotic
04-17-2013, 07:01 PM
I am sure we are going to get more vehicles. There is no reason they would not add more. As far as cerberus I am not sure, if we do get it, it may be a non combat one or a variation of the pvp one (since it does so much damage without ammo constraints/etc).

I would love a larger vehicle though, just for the "might be handy" situations. Such as you stated, like a truck of some form or maybe even a variant on a van/etc, to seat at least 4 (a full party currently).

what if they nerf the cerebus turret and remove the rocket pod for the passger instead have it so he can free fire ? and id like to see the t4 titan (the hauler) i want the jeking thing so skruggin bad Dx

Lyokira
04-17-2013, 07:07 PM
I don't think we'll see combat mounts, seems a little too broken. Unless its a mini game or something

Don't see any problem with combat mounts, just make damage directly affect the player (for light combat mounts). And/or way too slow to use for normal transport. And/or make it not regen armour. Also increase the summon and resummon time.

EDIT: also use the player's ammo capacity, instead of infinite.

Separately, I wish we can use vehicles as obstacles to hide behind off too.. (again, significantly increase summon and/or resummon time too, based on damage taken by vehicle)

Chaskcryaotic
04-17-2013, 07:09 PM
Don't see any problem with combat mounts, just make damage directly affect the player (for light combat mounts). And/or way too slow to use for normal transport. And/or make it not regen armour. Also increase the summon and resummon time.

EDIT: also use the player's ammo capacity, instead of infinite.

Separately, I wish we can use vehicles as obstacles to hide behind off too.. (again, significantly increase summon and/or resummon time too, based on damage taken by vehicle)

my thoughts exactly same with the cerebus`s mini-gun have it so it does base damage of your gun if you have a riffle that does 440 the turret does 440 but have it so it can run out of ammo and has to recharge its ammo or something

Shada Mori
04-17-2013, 07:15 PM
Oh they have said in live chats more vehicles are coming. So yes, we will get more. No idea which ones.. gotta admit after seeing the show I want a proper two wheeled dirt bike.

Chaskcryaotic
04-17-2013, 07:17 PM
Oh they have said in live chats more vehicles are coming. So yes, we will get more. No idea which ones.. gotta admit after seeing the show I want a proper two wheeled dirt bike.

i still want the t4 titan(the hualer) that you get to drive torc and coop in while geting cannons shot at you xD

SlashZaku
04-17-2013, 07:23 PM
Would like to have a dirt bike myself.

What's odd is you see the PC and I think Coop in the commercial crouched behind a vehicle, taking cover during an Arkfall and I kind of shook my head at that cause it's not in the game. Your vehicle can provide a few seconds of cover from fire but it phases out and you're on your own to find something in the environment to hide behind.

I really would love to arrive at one of the random missions, spin my buggy just enough so the passenger side is towards the enemy and get out with some cover between me and them that lasts until it blows up (just have the icon down in the corner drain down to show the vehicle's health so I know when to make a run for more cover but at the very least, I can pick off a few of the enemy before that).

Lyokira
04-17-2013, 07:26 PM

What's odd is you see the PC and I think Coop in the commercial crouched behind a vehicle, taking cover during an Arkfall and I kind of shook my head at that cause it's not in the game. Your vehicle can provide a few seconds of cover from fire but it phases out and you're on your own to find something in the environment to hide behind.

I really would love to arrive at one of the random missions, spin my buggy just enough so the passenger side is towards the enemy and get out with some cover between me and them that lasts until it blows up (just have the icon down in the corner drain down to show the vehicle's health so I know when to make a run for more cover but at the very least, I can pick off a few of the enemy before that).

Oddly, the mission specific vehicles do linger, though it means I've to stop my hauler a few dozen meters away cause I can't fire above it..

Chaskcryaotic
04-17-2013, 07:26 PM

sadly that part of the trailer is just animated =made up parts not even really in the game due to the drifter from the mini youtube episodes there just like the new trailer that came out a few days ago :( but i know what you mean would be wicked maybe later on down the road?

Kid Kablam
04-17-2013, 07:32 PM
I'm still holding out for a motorized unicycle. Any wheels more than one are superfluous.

Lyokira
04-17-2013, 07:33 PM
I'm still holding out for a motorized unicycle. Any wheels more than one are superfluous.

Bah, who needs wheels, go hovercraft. :V

SweetMadness
04-17-2013, 07:36 PM
We won't get the Cerberus for PvE, at least not any time soon.

If ever we do... I see it being added if/when we get a DLC that has us fighting Volge, since they have mechs.

Wadgod
04-17-2013, 07:40 PM
would love to see a few new vehicles such as a jeep, motorcycle/dirtbike, would love to see the cerberus in PvE its already made of tissue paper and its gun is pathetic, every gun i have does far more damage then it i wouldnt mind if it had a limited ammo supply could make special vehicle ammo supply points to refill.. Other variations of cars would be cool too, also be cool to be able to customize ur vehicles by adding flood lights armor plating, changing the color etc.

Chaskcryaotic
04-17-2013, 07:41 PM
Oddly, the mission specific vehicles do linger, though it means I've to stop my hauler a few dozen meters away cause I can't fire above it..

well i want the hauler as a transport roller 5 people plus you one driver one passanger 4 in the back bam arnfall huntering bus xD

Cortechs
04-17-2013, 07:49 PM

This is likely because they make vehicles non-collision in the open world to prevent blocking other players, abuse, etc.

SlashZaku
04-17-2013, 07:53 PM
This is likely because they make vehicles non-collision in the open world to prevent blocking other players, abuse, etc.The few ruin it for the many...:(

If you're not in my group, my vehicle is as it is now to you: you can't touch it, it doesn't block you. That way, me and any group members can use it as cover but other players are free to go on about their business if they're driving down the road without having to worry about hitting my vehicle (if you make it past the Raider/EMC trucks and/or 99er hangars).

Chaskcryaotic
04-17-2013, 07:56 PM
its funny the emc trucks are what the term actually hit able while we just just drive right through each other i wish there was player bump on i mean if we accdently hit a fellow player it just knocks them down

Lyokira
04-17-2013, 08:02 PM
Never said it has to have collision with players, only that it should stop enemy bullets and enemies (of course, the rocket launcher and similar enemies would deal increased damage to your vehicles, and camping them on an enemy spawn spot will have them just explode the vehicle first..)

Chaskcryaotic
04-17-2013, 08:13 PM
im still wishing for the hauler xD

raigne
04-17-2013, 08:13 PM
The only problem would be lag think of all the abandoned buggys and cars just left that's why they disappear only way to stop that would be to say maybe when you walk 30 feet away it disappears.

piedlpiper
04-17-2013, 08:17 PM
Hauler???? If they force a dismount when too close to an arkfall crystal, YES, otherwise NO.

Chaskcryaotic
04-17-2013, 08:21 PM
Hauler???? If they force a dismount when too close to an arkfall crystal, YES, otherwise NO.

seriously whos gonna sit in a truck doing an arkfall xD! they dont need to add anything

Ensu
04-17-2013, 08:41 PM
I want the Dark Matter roller!

Or the Dark Matter tank.

And the dropship.

Lyokira
04-17-2013, 08:42 PM
seriously whos gonna sit in a truck doing an arkfall xD! they dont need to add anything

Other than that the hauler has absurd HP, so much HP that it doesn't explode when you ram a monarch (though you do get ejected from the hauler). Hellion can manage to 1-shot the hauler though, but otherwise you're pretty much in ram everything god mode.

Nomad N7
04-17-2013, 08:47 PM
I'd love a 4-Seater Humvee with a .50cal up top.

Chaskcryaotic
04-17-2013, 08:53 PM
Other than that the hauler has absurd HP, so much HP that it doesn't explode when you ram a monarch (though you do get ejected from the hauler). Hellion can manage to 1-shot the hauler though, but otherwise you're pretty much in ram everything god mode.

thats the quest haulers man use the same hp as the nomad truck has for the hauler

Chaskcryaotic
04-17-2013, 08:53 PM
I want the Dark Matter roller!

Or the Dark Matter tank.

And the dropship.

the dark matter apc would be sick to have

hahasa21
04-17-2013, 08:54 PM
Dirt bike would be so sick, but it's probably DLCs only

chicksticker
04-17-2013, 08:57 PM
I seen one at the big fat round hellion arkfall...he was just trying to push it out of the area and it keep glitching back to where it was after like 5 seconds. Im not a fan of vehicals at arkfalls.

alred
04-17-2013, 08:58 PM
Anyone think that we will be getting new rollers and runners added in upcoming patch like the cerebus and the T4 titan(aka the hauler) or dirt bikes and combat mounts like what we see on the SHOW and the defiance live action trailer on youtube id love to have the t4 titan(the hauler) get a bunch of friend one drivering one in the passnger seat 4 in the back rolling right into a ark fall but share your commnets and and what you wish/think we should or if you know ;)
I want a pony, or a horse to ride. Or maybe a Pow. Failing that, I'll take a hellbug warrior as a mount ;)

I

Lyokira
04-17-2013, 09:00 PM
I want a pony, or a horse to ride. Or maybe a Pow. Failing that, I'll take a hellbug warrior as a mount ;)

I

Bah, I wanna ride a launcher raider. :V

Barring that, a Goliath. :x

PseudoCool
04-17-2013, 09:04 PM
Surprised no one's said they wanna ride Cass yet *grins*

And yeah, I'd love a motorcycle.. and I really want my Nomad back that I had in Alpha/Beta. Irks me that I can't find one anywhere, and the only ones I see are the Steam pre-order ones now. Rather have that than the charger personally.. at least the Nomad actually went off-road without any issues!

The T4 would be fun too, but I think that's something you should buy as a guild/clan.. not an individual.

Vion Diamonds
04-17-2013, 09:07 PM
I want some aircraft lol

Chaskcryaotic
04-17-2013, 09:07 PM
Surprised no one's said they wanna ride Cass yet *grins*

And yeah, I'd love a motorcycle.. and I really want my Nomad back that I had in Alpha/Beta. Irks me that I can't find one anywhere, and the only ones I see are the Steam pre-order ones now. Rather have that than the charger personally.. at least the Nomad actually went off-road without any issues!

The T4 would be fun too, but I think that's something you should buy as a guild/clan.. not an individual.

as i said just give the t4 the health of the nomad lol

piedlpiper
04-20-2013, 06:39 AM

See them all the time in arkfalls getting in the way, Killing all the little bugs....

SuicideRun
04-20-2013, 06:43 AM
If they added motorcycles then I would be throwing money at Trion.

PepsiSky
04-20-2013, 06:45 AM
We could have more "co-op" vehicles like a 2 person dirt bike (one drives the other sits in the back) or a big Armored Personnel Carrier.

mbergeron
04-20-2013, 06:47 AM
Well there was this post:

Defiance: Season Pass - Official
We have unveiled the first details around our Defiance Season Pass. Players who want to save cash on the first 5 DLC packs rolling out after launch can now pre-purchase the Defiance Season Pass for $39.99USD. Gamers will get a massive amount of content including a new playable alien species, new weapons and vehicles, missions, and rewards, plus two bonus items, an exclusive digital Hellbug combat cap and a Lock Box.

The Defiance Season Pass can be purchased for $39.99 (PlayStationŽNetwork) / 3200 Microsoft Points (Xbox LIVE) / $39.99 (PC). Once purchased, the content packs will be automatically available as they go live.

If you want to find the original just search season pass and scroll down to the official post by sledgehammer70

Vegtam
04-20-2013, 07:34 AM
Give me a skitterling mount, or an archer and i'll bounce around like fern gully.

jnt
04-20-2013, 07:39 AM
We will probably get the entire Dodge product catalog.

...I might actually pay a few dollars to drive the SVT/10 in Defiance but I'm sure it'll be $20 :/

RequiemPrime
04-20-2013, 07:57 AM
We will probably get the entire Dodge product catalog.

...I might actually pay a few dollars to drive the SVT/10 in Defiance but I'm sure it'll be $20 :/

Yeah...I am almost positive that Lawkeeper Charger will be put in the game at one point. Which I'm sure will be highly popular considering how much most players love wearing the outfit in game.

Schwa
04-20-2013, 08:01 AM
The devs posted a motorcycle-type mount on their facebook page shortly before launch.

Exodus2000
04-21-2013, 07:58 AM
I want flying mounts,

and those Dark Matter Rollers in their base they look sexy.

KjcKiesh
04-21-2013, 08:08 AM
I want flying mounts,

and those Dark Matter Rollers in their base they look sexy.
This +1
Anything that Dark Matter has is awesome, be it their vehicles or their outfits. So what if they're racist, I'd happily join them just to get the uniform =D

jnt
04-21-2013, 08:11 AM
Mounts need customization options.

Rikkus
04-21-2013, 08:12 AM
So do costumes weapon s and characters in general.

jnt
04-21-2013, 08:14 AM
So do costumes weapon s and characters in general.

Costumes are customization(unless you want dyes?). Weapons have plenty of customization options. It's nothing spectacular but mods do change the appearance.