PDA

View Full Version : Man I love this game

Cynical Jester
04-17-2013, 07:08 PM
I love when I open my map and their is still so much to do and I can't decide what I want to do next!!... Been playing since launch... Still have a ton of side missions, pursuits, few co-op missions left to do, rampages/time trials etc...

I think I might go for the black dodge challenger next.. Just got the EMC heavy trooper outfit. Pretty sweet.

Really need to start working more on my weapons / loadouts! lol...

At any rate... Loving the PvP too, with my green/white un-modded weapons =p..

What is everyone else up to?

Thanks for some quality entertainment Trion/SyFy Humans that work their... I'm sure you guys have been stressed lately with the new launch and everything else going on but keep up the great work and thanks for communicating with us more than many(most) companies!

Edit: I love that I havn't felt rushed one bit too.. No real "End Game" to get to so I can just sit back enjoy the content drive around and still be beneficial in PvP. Other than the weekly missions obviously but I really love that aspect of the game as well...

Can't wait for the full polish to hit this game. It will be a masterpiece if you keep it up!

SaintRaze
04-17-2013, 07:09 PM
I love when I open my map and their is still so much to do and I can't decide what I want to do next!!... Been playing since launch... Still have a ton of side missions, pursuits, few co-op missions left to do, rampages/time trials etc...

I think I might go for the black dodge challenger next.. Just got the EMC heavy trooper outfit. Pretty sweet.

Thanks for some quality entertainment Trion/SyFy Humans that work their... I'm sure you guys have been stressed lately with the new launch and everything else going on but keep up the great work and thanks for communicating with us more than many(most) companies!

It's nice to see an encouraging post for once lol

I applaud you

SaintRaze
04-17-2013, 07:10 PM
Also, as for what I'm up to...

Just got the Black Charger and finished the last of my Side Missions in San Fran, going to finish some pursuits then redo the storyline to try and get some new weapons.

Darth Haighter
04-17-2013, 07:12 PM

Just got the Black Charger and finished the last of my Side Missions in San Fran, going to finish some pursuits then redo the storyline to try and get some new weapons.

i'm such a dork, i love my black charger even though i use runners more...makes me think of knight rider. wish i could find that grey charger that looks like a delorian and i'd be in heaven

Jonnina
04-17-2013, 07:13 PM
Lol I bet this is a sarcastic post! !!! No one could love this garbage right now

SaintRaze
i'm such a dork, i love my black charger even though i use runners more...makes me think of knight rider. wish i could find that grey charger that looks like a delorian and i'd be in heaven

Lol, I want the white one. Unfortunately, everytime I go to the damn vendor it's not there x.x my luck sucks

SaintRaze
Lol I bet this is a sarcastic post! !!! No one could love this garbage right now

I love the game, I have no issues with it. lol

Shada Mori
04-17-2013, 07:14 PM
I love the game too. Even with the bugs... few of which seem to ever effect me oddly... and even with the story complete at 1600 EGO I still look forward to logging in most days. Good to see other people liking it too! <3

Darth Haighter
04-17-2013, 07:14 PM

i dunno about that i do love this game, but am frustrated at times. guess my opinion is that most of it borderlines greatness, some of it borderlines really crappy...i'd say 80/20 at least mostly positive

Jonnina
04-17-2013, 07:16 PM
Lol now I know this thread is sarcastic!!!!

Darth Haighter
04-17-2013, 07:16 PM
Lol, I want the white one. Unfortunately, everytime I go to the damn vendor it's not there x.x my luck sucks

lol me too...growlers for days though!

SaintRaze
04-17-2013, 07:17 PM
Lol now I know this thread is sarcastic!!!!

Who are you sensing sarcasm from? I'm 100% serious.

I've yet to hit a bug in the game. It's an amazing game and I love playing.

kodiburr
04-17-2013, 07:20 PM
I'm really enjoying the game and can't wait to see how much better it will get. The show was great and the game is fun, I get people are upset with the bugs, yet bo2 which has a bigger company and more resources still refuse to address their biggest issues and constantly nerf everything instead of fixing lag and their major problems and people still play that garbage and lets not forget the game breaking horrors that happened when it was released, I couldn't play for like a week, so I think people just need to be a bit more patient and if not let them stick to other games and keep the whiny gamers away from this game.

Cynical Jester
04-17-2013, 07:28 PM
This post wasn't sarcastic at all...

I was thinking the same thing with the Black Challenger and Knight rider lol... a Silver one would be sweet indeed.

Over all, try to keep this one thread positive. Even though it will be buried under the you know what threads very quickly.

Cynical Jester
04-17-2013, 07:29 PM

Sweet.. I've thought about re-doing the main missions just to make sure I didn't miss anything the first time.. Havn't even finished the side missions though lol.. Extra loot is always a bonus.

DeMoted
04-17-2013, 07:30 PM
I would love this game if one of the biggest parts of it wasn't missing... Synergy mods.

SaintRaze
04-17-2013, 07:31 PM

I was thinking the same thing with the Black Challenger and Knight rider lol... a Silver one would be sweet indeed.

Over all keep this one thread positive though it will be buried under the you know what threads very quickly.

There's a white charger with a black stripe that sometimes spawns as a special in the store...I forgot the name...but it's the town where you meet Jon Cooper. It looks amazing, I've checked there for it probably 60 times with no luck :/

And ya, unfortunately. And even if it's kept alive you know the naysayers will come and ruin it.

Darth Haighter
04-17-2013, 07:42 PM

Over all, try to keep this one thread positive. Even though it will be buried under the you know what threads very quickly.

if KIT started talking to you when you were trying to boost over a big jump or up a mountain with his doubtful, backtalking voice i would literally shtako myself

Cortechs
04-17-2013, 07:51 PM
if KIT started talking to you when you were trying to boost over a big jump or up a mountain with his doubtful, backtalking voice i would literally shtako myself

"Michael, I really think we should have stopped and rescued those farmers back there."

Darth Haighter
04-17-2013, 07:52 PM
"Michael, I really think we should have stopped and rescued those farmers back there."

+10 lmao ahhh when worlds collide

Gohlar
04-17-2013, 07:52 PM
Defiance is made for people who like completing check lists on a hud. As an actual game it's mediocre and that's being generous.

SaintRaze
04-17-2013, 08:36 PM
Defiance is made for people who like completing check lists on a hud. As an actual game it's mediocre and that's being generous.

I enjoy it even without the pursuits, there's always an arkfall somewhere to do or some PvP to enjoy.

Playt99
04-17-2013, 08:40 PM
I would like the idea of large towns with all that should come with it I really want this game to thrive I have herd great things about some of Trion's past games I'm a first time Trion user not sure if you guys do player houses or banks but I can say I hope you do. I would also like to be able to interact with NPC's outside of quest line chatter "I was a adventure until I took a arrow to the knee" that type player immersion would be nice.

Play-T
Clan: Suicide Squad ( running and gunning) 6 strong there would be more but it hard out here for a Arc Hunter
Ego: 915 (and counting)

Darth Haighter
04-17-2013, 09:10 PM
I would like the idea of large towns with all that should come with it I really want this game to thrive I have herd great things about some of Trion's past games I'm a first time Trion user not sure if you guys do player houses or banks but I can say I hope you do. I would also like to be able to interact with NPC's outside of quest line chatter "I was a adventure until I took a arrow to the knee" that type player immersion would be nice.

Play-T
Clan: Suicide Squad ( running and gunning) 6 strong there would be more but it hard out here for a Arc Hunter
Ego: 915 (and counting)

+1 to your post! no banking system yet, but there is a lot of buzz on the boards for an auction house and clan houses...in regards to clan houses, there is some word from the devs that they would like to implement this idea in the near future for a DLC. would be amazing if they did

twistedcritts
04-17-2013, 09:16 PM

Edit: I love that I havn't felt rushed one bit too.. No real "End Game" to get to so I can just sit back enjoy the content drive around and still be beneficial in PvP. Other than the weekly missions obviously but I really love that aspect of the game as well...

Can't wait for the full polish to hit this game. It will be a masterpiece if you keep it up!

I,am glad someone else is enjoying the game much as me.. I have been slowly creeping through the world doing all pursuits and side quest as I go along. Coop is very fun. Haven't tried pvp but once. Me and my brother play together so this game is about perfect for us. Heavy trooper ftw.

Just now got to San fran I feel like I need to bring a hose and water the few plants that are left lol

Beera
04-17-2013, 09:28 PM
Omg a diamond in ths mud! We hank god i found a thread thats not flooded with haters! Loving this game even with the few minor bugs its still fun! +1 to every poster here except the 2 trying to spill their negativity into a peaceful thread loll

PseudoCool
04-17-2013, 09:33 PM
Omg a diamond in ths mud! We hank god i found a thread thats not flooded with haters! Loving this game even with the few minor bugs its still fun! +1 to every poster here except the 2 trying to spill their negativity into a peaceful thread loll

OH no.. there's plenty of them posting on this thread.. just their all out of vitriol at the moment.. either that or they got warning letters in their private messages. But no.. their still here, lurking and taking their incidental pop shots from the side lines and shadows.. not wanting to get into anything head on because they know their hate-speek just doesn't hold water..

But don't fool yourself.. their still here, and the negativity is bubbling there.. just under the surface.. waiting to explode like an over-boiled soup on the camp fire...

And no.. I'm not one of them :)

Beera
04-17-2013, 09:38 PM
Yeah i just spent the last 2 hours laying here scrolling through threads and theres soooo much hati mail out there its nice to finally find a post with somthing positive in it. I mean yeah i get it theres bugs we all have them but i still enjoy the game! And im glad to find a few people who love it and arnt bashing the game or the poor devs lol

PseudoCool
04-17-2013, 09:41 PM
What about me? I'm the big meanie bashing the bashers and getting warned for it...lol

I didn't expect the game to be perfect at launch, those of us in Alpha knew it wasn't going to be perfect, there was still work to do. But hey, I'm still LOVING the game, especially now that I can take my time and really enjoy it. Example would be that during testing, I was in SF by level 350. Right now, my EGO is almost 600, and I haven't even gotten to Jack yet :) Now to wait another 400 levels for my next perk slot..lol

Beera
04-17-2013, 09:46 PM
You seriously got warned for bashing the haters out there?

Darth Haighter
04-17-2013, 09:50 PM

lol...i got warned for telling a racist to bug off

OP says it best...fun game. still some bugs, support could be better (weapon replacement in particular) but potential is sky high

6Strummer
04-17-2013, 09:51 PM
Gotta wonder about the people who don't like the game, but have so little else to do that they come here to try and convince other people to not like it with them. I don't know what they were expecting but Defiance is a blast.

I've been patrolling around today looking for those damn pilgrims. Found the ones near Mount Tam, but mostly I took care of emergencies in an attempt to make the pilgrims spawn. When I had my fill of that I did some challenges and unlocked some stuff. When I wasn't doing that I was hauling *** to ark falls. When I wasn't doing that I was doing some side missions in San Fran. When I wasn't doing that I was in a co-op instance. It was a productive day. : )

Nightbreeze
04-17-2013, 09:52 PM
We need more positive energy on these forums. I totally feel for the OP here.

I mean, I have had my frustrations with the bugs and the glitches, but at the end of the day the game is still very playable and super fun. I am almost EGO rating 1000 on my main, have been playing since launch, am up to the last main mission but waiting to fight Nim till I feel truly ready. I have done a ton of side missions, but still have a ton to do. Co-ops and pvp are a lot of fun. Emergencies are everywhere all the time and so are Arkfalls. There is never a shortage of things to do and its all fun. many times I can't decide and just wander around the countryside doing whatever I run into, be it emergency, arkfall, side mission or repeatable area quest. And its all better with a friend or two to play with.

True, there are a handful of enormous bugs that need fixing ASAP (weapons disappearing, vehicle skills reseting, random crashes/freezes, etc), but aside from that they still have a really good game a lot of us reeeeally enjoy. I seriously want this game to get its **** together, fix its bugs, and succeed..because I LOVE this game.

WASTELAND_SURVIVOR
04-17-2013, 09:57 PM
how do you replay the main missions? im curently working on my side missions. ego rating 684

Beera
04-17-2013, 09:58 PM
Yeah this is probably the best game i have played in a long time it has kinda the same feel as gears with eliments from boarderlands and a flight fallout feel to the landscape...my wife watches me play now and then she loves the arkfalls and says that the style of game is deff. Suited to me and i couldnt agree more. I cant wait to see what they have planned for this game because the possibilities are surely endless at this point.

Beera
04-17-2013, 10:00 PM
how do you replay the main missions? im curently working on my side missions. ego rating 684

Ahve you finished all the main missions yet?

WASTELAND_SURVIVOR
04-17-2013, 10:01 PM
only got the nim main mission leftand thats it. does tis replay mission happen afteryou beat nim??

twistedcritts
04-17-2013, 10:06 PM

I,am glad someone else is enjoying the game much as me.. I have been slowly creeping through the world doing all pursuits and side quest as I go along. Coop is very fun. Haven't tried pvp but once. Me and my brother play together so this game is about perfect for us. Heavy trooper ftw.

Just now got to San fran I feel like I need to bring a hose and water the few plants that are left lol

Darth Haighter
04-17-2013, 10:06 PM
We need more positive energy on these forums. I totally feel for the OP here.

I mean, I have had my frustrations with the bugs and the glitches, but at the end of the day the game is still very playable and super fun. I am almost EGO rating 1000 on my main, have been playing since launch, am up to the last main mission but waiting to fight Nim till I feel truly ready. I have done a ton of side missions, but still have a ton to do. Co-ops and pvp are a lot of fun. Emergencies are everywhere all the time and so are Arkfalls. There is never a shortage of things to do and its all fun. many times I can't decide and just wander around the countryside doing whatever I run into, be it emergency, arkfall, side mission or repeatable area quest. And its all better with a friend or two to play with.

True, there are a handful of enormous bugs that need fixing ASAP (weapons disappearing, vehicle skills reseting, random crashes/freezes, etc), but aside from that they still have a really good game a lot of us reeeeally enjoy. I seriously want this game to get its **** together, fix its bugs, and succeed..because I LOVE this game.

+1 couldn't agree more....specially when you here buzz with the devs about clan houses! too awesome for words

Rasczak
04-17-2013, 10:11 PM

Check your PMs

Beera
04-17-2013, 10:11 PM
only got the nim main mission leftand thats it. does tis replay mission happen afteryou beat nim??

Yeah apparently you can only replay main missions once you have completed all the main missions.

PseudoCool
04-17-2013, 10:12 PM

Ayup..

And the worst part is this: It was a warning from an AUTO-Account that's NOT MANNED. So you've got no way to fight it or dispute the warning. Or so they think. I've already copied all the "bashers" posts with their associated time stamps as screen shots.. and saved them to my desktop. I've got a friend who works for Trion that I spent some time in the military with, so I'll be making a few phone calls in the morning and getting SOMEONE sorted out quick fast and in a hurry.

I have a feeling that *someone* is going to have a really long day tomorrow.. and it won't be me :)

xxTactics42xx
04-17-2013, 10:12 PM

Yup it will be in the upper left corner.

PseudoCool
04-17-2013, 10:18 PM
Yup it will be in the upper left corner.

I have to ask.. everytime I see your AV, I'm wondering which one you are...lol

Shada Mori
04-17-2013, 10:35 PM
Who are you sensing sarcasm from? I'm 100% serious.

I've yet to hit a bug in the game. It's an amazing game and I love playing.

I hit them all the time... mostly with my ATV while they are in the middle of the road. SKREEEE ... *SMUSH*

Cynical Jester
04-18-2013, 10:26 AM

Probably the funniest thing I've pictured in a long time.. +Priceless...

vectordream
04-18-2013, 10:39 AM
I am also digging the game. I think for the amount of stuff there is to do it was worth the price. I am a sucker for MMO type games. I have been playing since release day. I don't have as much time to play as some of you but got the ego up to around 450. I am a few missions off from finishing the main story. I have done quite a few arkfalls and other things and have had a blast. I have had some bugs and stuff and hoping it gets fixed soon.

I really want that Plum Crazy color Challenger!

BrutikusIV
04-18-2013, 10:43 AM
It's nice to see an encouraging post for once lol

I applaud you

Amen! Loving the game too!

Shastra
04-18-2013, 10:51 AM
What about me? I'm the big meanie bashing the bashers and getting warned for it...lol

I didn't expect the game to be perfect at launch, those of us in Alpha knew it wasn't going to be perfect, there was still work to do. But hey, I'm still LOVING the game, especially now that I can take my time and really enjoy it. Example would be that during testing, I was in SF by level 350. Right now, my EGO is almost 600, and I haven't even gotten to Jack yet :) Now to wait another 400 levels for my next perk slot..lol

Oh you little poor thing :rolleyes:

Ofcourse you will get warned for bashing people. In your mind you are fighting for the honor of TRION but guess what? you still need to follow the rules because mods around here only care for that.

If someone is bashing the game and you in turn get personal with them..you will get warned. There is no policy against saying negative things about the game as long as people keep it civil.

So whatever warning you are getting i am sure they are well deserved.

Beera
04-18-2013, 12:06 PM
meh i let all the bashers have it in one of the threads cuz i read about 4-5 pages of a supposedly "Helpfull" thread but it was all haiters bashing the game and trion i guess cuz i kept it general and never picked on just one person they let it slide lol and on the flipside of things YAY they fixed my weapon mods!!! cant wait to get off work so i can go play with my fave. weapon again lol

Obvious Lee
04-18-2013, 12:15 PM

woke up to an email from trion of that exact nature. kinda got lit last night and blazed an anti hater blitz last night.........dont remember too much of it, but i know i had a great time.

Technodude
04-18-2013, 12:17 PM
Saying negative stuff about the game won't get you a warning but getting personal with others around here will surely get you one.

So i don't know why people are surprised they are getting warned for bashing the bashers.

PseudoCool
04-18-2013, 12:19 PM
Saying negative stuff about the game won't get you a warning but getting personal with others around here will surely get you one.

So i don't know why people are surprised they are getting warned for bashing the bashers.

It's not a matter of being "surprised".. more like insulted, since he get's to say whatever he wants, yet anyone who contends against him he reports and they get warned. Well.. two can play that game, and I guarantee you.. I WILL WIN. :)

Technodude
04-18-2013, 12:25 PM
It's not a matter of being "surprised".. more like insulted, since he get's to say whatever he wants, yet anyone who contends against him he reports and they get warned. Well.. two can play that game, and I guarantee you.. I WILL WIN. :)

Depends on situation. If he he is saying negative stuff about the game and you attack him for that you get warned. If you both are just insulting each other and not talking about the game, you both get warned.

Cynical Jester
04-19-2013, 12:30 PM
Depends on situation. If he he is saying negative stuff about the game and you attack him for that you get warned. If you both are just insulting each other and not talking about the game, you both get warned.

Lets just keep the peace and think about happy thoughts so we can fly~~~

^ Just dreamin.. Move along.