PDA

View Full Version : Instrcutions for PS3 Beta

Mindlab
03-17-2013, 11:34 AM
So, I pre-ordered my copy of defiance for PS3 from Gamestopand put my code in on the Trion website. All good. But I've seen no instructions anywhere on how to actually download a beta client on my PS3. I've been in lots of betas, but never one of the Playstation. I've also noticed that no one seems to be asking this question, so I'm wondering if I'm missing something.

I found defiance on the playstation store, but this didn't help--it just reminded me that I would need a disc to play when the game went live.

How do I get a beta client downloaded on my playstation? Is this something I can prior to the start of the PS3 Beta?

gjwhite66
03-17-2013, 12:02 PM
Just going by my experience with other PS3 betas, you will receive an email with your redemption code that you input into the PS Store. That email might not arrive until monday or tuesday morning, though, since the PS3 beta doesn't go live until tuesday afternoon EST.

BurningStarIV
03-17-2013, 12:07 PM
no, you wont be able to get it until they release it, sony dont allow anything onto their network until its live. im not sure how this is going to work but id say the day the beta is released ull get a code that ull have to input, then download the client, and link the trion account to the console

Mindlab
03-17-2013, 12:23 PM
Thanks for this big help! But, I'm confused, since my beta code was inputed on a Trion site. Does Trion send me an email? I appreciate the extra clarification. Either way, looks like I'll just wait it out until Tuesday.

Oh, and the PS3 beta starts at 8am pacific, so we'll see ya at 11am, your time, gjwhite!

thejx4
03-17-2013, 12:37 PM
Thanks for this big help! But, I'm confused, since my beta code was inputed on a Trion site. Does Trion send me an email? I appreciate the extra clarification. Either way, looks like I'll just wait it out until Tuesday.

Oh, and the PS3 beta starts at 8am pacific, so we'll see ya at 11am, your time, gjwhite!

The code you put in was not a beta code. It was a...let's call it a Trion code, haha. Trion will in turn, send you a beta code, which you input online, or on your ps3. https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/home/games

If you use the Store on the PS3, it'll take you to the download immediately. If you do it from the website, it should show up on your download list, on your PS3. Just go to account management, then download list. If all else fails, on tuesday, use the search function on the PS Store and type in Defiance, or look under Demos and go to the Betas section.

Rampermt
03-17-2013, 12:48 PM
I'm kind of curious to how big of a download we will be looking at?

Vuule
03-17-2013, 12:59 PM

My guess is somewhere between 5-10 GB.

Racquemis
03-17-2013, 02:20 PM
10 GB at the least.

tangotown
03-17-2013, 02:28 PM
Pre orederd from game when I picked up god of war. It came with a 12 didjit code is this for the beta or somthing else? Tryed entering but nothing happerned gather have to eait till psn store updates

Rampermt
03-17-2013, 02:41 PM
Go to www.defiance.com/start to input your code. Sign up for free account. While your at it don't forget arkfall codes! http://orcz.com/Defiance:_Arkfall_Codes

Payney1991
03-17-2013, 03:49 PM
I'm confused now too. On my original account, I have registered for the beta and it is coming up with the usual you will be informed if selected ect.. On this account, I have just gone through the Trion options, and preordered from GAME, I haven't recieved an email with any code in it, just confirmation emails. Now on this account where the beta tab is I have the message "Congratulations, you have already registered as an Ark Hunter." - What does this mean?

B5GkarNarn
03-17-2013, 09:11 PM
UPDATE: PLEASE DISREGARD MY BELOW-MENTIONED PREDICTION OF THE DEFIANCE PS3 BETA'S DOWNLOAD PROCEDURE. IT TURNS OUT THAT I WAS WRONG & I SINCERELY APOLOGIZE FOR BEING WRONG. I'VE JUST COMPLETED DOWNLOADING & INSTALLING THE DEFIANCE PS3 BETA.

SO THIS IS HOW IT ACTUALLY WORKS:
1) DOWNLOAD THE DEFIANCE PS3 BETA BY GOING INTO "ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT" IN YOUR XMB. THEN SELECT "REDEEM CODES" AND ENTER THE CODE THAT YOU RECEIVED IN YOUR EMAIL.
2) YOU WILL NOW BE ABLE TO DOWNLOAD THE BETA - IT'S A 6245MB (6.2GB) FILE SIZE. YOU CAN CHOOSE TO DOWNLOAD IT IN THE BACKGROUND.
3) AFTER THE DOWNLOAD COMPLETES, YOU MUST INSTALL IT.
NOTE: I WILL ADD MORE INFO TOMORROW AFTER THE DEFIANCE SERVERS ARE ONLINE.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Based upon my prior experience with the Dust 514 & DC Universe Online betas on the PS3 - the Defiance beta will most likely involve a 2-step procedure as follows:
- 1st step: Download the beta client from the PS Store. This is usually a fairly small file size (200-500MB). Then you install it.
- 2nd step: After starting the above mentioned beta client, your PS3 will connect to the Trion Worlds server & download (aka patch) the latest build of the Defiance beta. This step usually involves a very large file size of more than 5GB & can take several hours to complete depending on the speed of your PS3's Internet connection as well as the total file size.

IMPORTANT: THE PS3 DOES NOT ALLOW YOU TO PERFORM THE 2ND STEP AS A "DOWNLOAD IN THE BACKGROUND". ONCE YOU START THIS STEP - YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO USE YOUR PS3 FOR ANYTHING ELSE UNTIL THIS STEP IS COMPLETED.

Sledgehammer70
03-18-2013, 12:08 PM
So, I pre-ordered my copy of defiance for PS3 from Gamestopand put my code in on the Trion website. All good. But I've seen no instructions anywhere on how to actually download a beta client on my PS3. I've been in lots of betas, but never one of the Playstation. I've also noticed that no one seems to be asking this question, so I'm wondering if I'm missing something.

I found defiance on the playstation store, but this didn't help--it just reminded me that I would need a disc to play when the game went live.

How do I get a beta client downloaded on my playstation? Is this something I can prior to the start of the PS3 Beta?

Once you input your code, you're now on our list to get your redeem key. We have not sent those keys out yet. See the full details here: http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?4276-PlayStation-3-Advanced-Mission-Beta-3-Invites!

TheDubanat0r
03-18-2013, 02:12 PM
Will I be allowed to live stream this once it hits Ps+?

Agito
03-18-2013, 03:39 PM
I read that all restrictions will be off on the 22nd and you can live stream after that.

Lucent
03-18-2013, 03:43 PM
So jealous that the PS3 beta starts tomorrow. I'm excited for you all!! You better enjoy your week!!!

B5GkarNarn
03-18-2013, 04:35 PM
So jealous that the PS3 beta starts tomorrow. I'm excited for you all!! You better enjoy your week!!!
Thank you very much, Lucent!!!:)

Are you going to be playing the Xbox 360 beta?

thejx4
03-18-2013, 04:42 PM
Based upon my prior experience with the Dust 514 & DC Universe Online betas on the PS3 - the Defiance beta will most likely involve a 2-step procedure as follows:
- 1st step: Download the beta client from the PS Store. This is usually a fairly small file size (200-500MB). Then you install it.
- 2nd step: After starting the above mentioned beta client, your PS3 will connect to the Trion Worlds server & download (aka patch) the latest build of the Defiance beta. This step usually involves a very large file size of more than 5GB & can take several hours to complete depending on the speed of your PS3's Internet connection as well as the total file size.

IMPORTANT: THE PS3 DOES NOT ALLOW YOU TO PERFORM THE 2ND STEP AS A "DOWNLOAD IN THE BACKGROUND". ONCE YOU START THIS STEP - YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO USE YOUR PS3 FOR ANYTHING ELSE UNTIL THIS STEP IS COMPLETED.

Not completely true. The client is what does the downloading, so it isn't like a normal patch. You can send messages and things like that, and usually, if you decide to play something else, the download will pause and can be resumed later.

Desidus
03-18-2013, 05:33 PM

Thanks.. nice to see someone on the xbox side with a nice comment lol. Cheers man!

Desidus
03-18-2013, 05:34 PM
Not completely true. The client is what does the downloading, so it isn't like a normal patch. You can send messages and things like that, and usually, if you decide to play something else, the download will pause and can be resumed later.

and you know this how exactly? Im not saying your wrong I am just wondering what your source is...

Dayrec
03-18-2013, 07:40 PM
and you know this how exactly? Im not saying your wrong I am just wondering what your source is...

I think he means like in DCUO when you're downloading the game content.

Fiox
03-18-2013, 08:50 PM
its 6245 MB to dl on ps3

B5GkarNarn
03-18-2013, 10:28 PM
I updated my previous post with the correct information regarding the Defiance PS3 beta's download procedure.