PDA

View Full Version : What rating would you give Defiance the game out of 10?

Jonnina
04-17-2013, 07:34 PM
I personally would give it a 7/10

DeMoted
04-17-2013, 07:36 PM
5.5 lots missing including one of the biggest parts of this game synergy mods.

Tibbs
04-17-2013, 07:53 PM
6 pre patch. 5 post patch.

Preston
04-17-2013, 07:58 PM
I'd give it a 4. Unfinished product rushed out too early, and the patch just highlighted their intent to maximise micro transaction sales rather than eliminating bugs and fixing a broken game. I traded the 2 copies I had in, lost 15, but a lesson learned. Goodbye Trion, and good luck.

a2thelee
Probably a 7.5... Has the potential to get way better with DLC and such. I enjoy it immensely but the game has a lot of little tidbits it could (and probably will with time) do better

Eisberg
I give it a 7.9 / 10, loving every minute of the game. Though the last patch did put a damper on my fun and cannot play till they get scopes fixed.

Lollie
04-17-2013, 07:59 PM
5/10 - lack of content.

Not much to do once story and sidequests are finished.

Voidfox
6.5 -- hoping they address the many issues with the game, I'm hoping for more fleshed out, varied, and challenging content.

ten4
5/10

It is a mediocre game and I regret believeing the lies I was told prior to launch.

Beats
04-17-2013, 08:01 PM
5/10 - lack of content.

So that means short singleplayer games get less than 5/10? Braid would be what? a 2/10 by your standard? nope.avi

I'd probably give it a 7/10. I have yet to have any real major issue, minus the general bugs that occur and will be fixed.

Sanguinesun
04-17-2013, 08:02 PM
6 during alpha 4 at launch(seeing how they didnt heed alpha feedback) and now a 3 after this "patch" and show release.

Lovatic4life
A 2, half the time you can't even play it because it's online only and the servers are down or they're patching the game or some other stupid ****. There are so many bugs in the game that you can't play it either.

Having to contact tech support so they can advance a mission for me is stupid.

I'll probably be trading this game in for Star Trek when it comes out next week.

This game is terrible and i will never be buying another product from Trion again.

Game has a lot of potential but is all it has, is potential.

Tired of the constant patches

Tired of them constantly taking the servers down so they can patch crap

Tired of missions constantly being bugged

Game is crap and it's not like its a bug here or there, every day more problems arise.

Lollie
So that means short singleplayer games get less than 5/10? Braid would be what? a 2/10 by your standard? nope.avi

I'd probably give it a 7/10. I have yet to have any real major issue, minus the general bugs that occur and will be fixed.

Yeah I don't like short singleplayer games all that much, because I plow through them too quickly. But when a game is multiplayer, shortness isn't acceptable.

Don't get me wrong here - I love the gameplay, just I feel they need to make playing it more rewarding - the side missions should all be repeatable for a start (they should come up on map), which would help a lot.

There isn't enough content to keep people ingame, which is a massive error. You just can't afford to have your player base decide not to run the game today, because they might seek out another game when they decide they haven't got much to do, and forget this one.

Jackobite
04-17-2013, 08:04 PM
6/10

I like it and play alot but the new episodes are frustrating and I dislike mixing in pvp

Raico Sansin
04-17-2013, 08:10 PM
A 5/10 solo, a 6 on the co-op. Even when the bugs get fixed there just is not enough content that I find fun to keep me here more than about 2 more weeks(just my opinion but rampages and hotshots just don't really do it for me). C'mon Trion after Rift how the hell do you throw out 120 fetch quests and call that **** "meaningful content."

Beats
04-17-2013, 08:16 PM
A 2, half the time you can't even play it because it's online only and the servers are down or they're patching the game or some other stupid ****. There are so many bugs in the game that you can't play it either.

Having to contact tech support so they can advance a mission for me is stupid.

I'll probably be trading this game in for Star Trek when it comes out next week.

This game is terrible and i will never be buying another product from Trion again.

Game has a lot of potential but is all it has, is potential.

Tired of the constant patches

Tired of them constantly taking the servers down so they can patch crap

Tired of missions constantly being bugged

Game is crap and it's not like its a bug here or there, every day more problems arise.

Not to sound like I'm trolling you, but have you EVER played an mmo, ever? They always have launch issues, sadly. Also, complaining about the bugs, then complaining about them patching to fix them in the same rant? How more of a terrible argument can you make?

edit: I mean this very serious, how the hell can you complain about a problem and then them trying to fix that problem bothing being bad. That is by default the worst and most offensive argument I have ever heard.

Wadgod
04-17-2013, 08:18 PM
5/10 - lack of content.

new game.....

would give 6/10 if the rest of the bugs were fixed and a few more things added proly 8/10 all in all good game with lots of room to grow

Shinji Ex
04-17-2013, 08:19 PM
7 out 10

Later 8 out 10 with patch/expansions

Rek Vio
04-17-2013, 08:21 PM
I would give it a solid 8/10 I have had not one damn problem with the game, its like everyone else manage to experience every single thing that could go wrong. Plus I am easily please!

atlantix
04-17-2013, 08:24 PM
5/10
i keep playing cause nothing else to play at the moment
but i do not think i would spent anymore $ for this game
unless they make major improvements

ESO, Camelot unchained , Wildstar, Archeage and Star Citizen on the way..
I don't think MMORPG crowd would stay at Defiance after any of the above game release

Lovatic4life
04-17-2013, 08:24 PM
Not to sound like I'm trolling you, but have you EVER played an mmo, ever? They always have launch issues, sadly. Also, complaining about the bugs, then complaining about them patching to fix them in the same rant? How more of a terrible argument can you make?

edit: I mean this very serious, how the hell can you complain about a problem and then them trying to fix that problem bothing being bad. That is by default the worst and most offensive argument I have ever heard.

Every single day you start the game there is some stupid patch thing that really doesn't do anything. This isn't an update like other games either.

Launch issues huh, it's been 15 days since the game launched.

One of main story missions im on is bugged and it's been bugged since before the game came out and they haven't addressed the issue.

It's not as if its a side mission either, it's a main story mission.

This game really isn't an MMO either, sure a lot of people play it online at a time but you hardly ever see them unless its at an Arkfall than you get around 15 to 20 people. I can get on GTA IV and see the same # of people near me as i do in this game and that game isn't an MMO.

Most of my side missions and main story missions i am by myself playing them.

Beats
04-17-2013, 08:27 PM
Every single day you start the game there is some stupid patch thing that really doesn't do anything. This isn't an update like other games either.

Launch issues huh, it's been 15 days since the game launched.

One of main story missions im on is bugged and it's been bugged since before the game came out and they haven't addressed the issue.

It's not as if its a side mission either, it's a main story mission.

I play this game often, and don't get patches every single day, so not sure on that part. As far as the bugged mission, I am not sure. I was able to fully finish the story and all side missions with no errors. Have you tried to phase in with a friend on the same mission, or abandon it and restart it entirely? (just curious, not meaning anything snide by this).

Also, for launch issues, usually the first month give or take a little is very rocky for any mmo. If you were to judge the biggest mmo to date, World of Warcraft, by its first month. you would assume that game was a piece of crap that would never go anywhere, but look at it now.

Lovatic4life
04-17-2013, 08:30 PM
I play this game often, and don't get patches every single day, so not sure on that part. As far as the bugged mission, I am not sure. I was able to fully finish the story and all side missions with no errors. Have you tried to phase in with a friend on the same mission, or abandon it and restart it entirely? (just curious, not meaning anything snide by this).

Also, for launch issues, usually the first month give or take a little is very rocky for any mmo. If you were to judge the biggest mmo to date, World of Warcraft, by its first month. you would assume that game was a piece of crap that would never go anywhere, but look at it now.

Yes, the mission is known to be bugged and ive tried

Fast Traveling to a spot and than going back

Abandoning the mission and starting over

and ive restarted the game twice.

Steve3D
04-17-2013, 08:33 PM
8/10 just has some starting problems, i'm sure it'll be great in a few weeks.

Ensu
04-17-2013, 08:45 PM
A 6 or 7 /10

There are a lot of bugs and other such things, but it's still an enjoyable game.

At the moment I actually prefer the tv series to the game.

Cutlass Jack
04-17-2013, 08:53 PM
8/10. They lost a smidge for problems with yesterday's patch, but I also got stuff I liked out of the patch that balanced it for me.

Xyr3s
04-17-2013, 08:58 PM
i give it a 6 or a 7. id give swtor a 8, wow a 9 and gw2 a 10 xD but that's just me

this game does have a potential to go past 8 or 9 tho if they actually put their butt into it... but till then its a 6 or a 7 for me.

Yokai
04-17-2013, 09:03 PM
8 before the patch, 7 after the patch because they nerfed the gain rate for key codes too much in a greed move to force us to think about buying lockboxes with cash. Before the patch I was happy to throw money at Trion for cosmetic outfits from the cash shop, and for inventory slots. Now, however, Im boycotting the store entirely. I'd have been happy to buy the two new outfits released with the patch but not if they're going to turn the core gameplay "carrot" (lockbox rolls) into a grind or a pay-to-play.

REiiGN15
04-17-2013, 09:03 PM
5, even with a full group of friends. Boring and too easy. Enemies waaay to predictable. I'd give SWTOR a 8 in regards to story where this game begrudgingly has.

Jeff Kaos
04-17-2013, 09:06 PM
As a console mmo I'd give it a 5/10. I understand that mmo's release with a few launch bugs but shipping an mmo with broken chat just screems "rush job". If the PC version is anything like the Xbox version I'd rank it even lower because there's far better alternatives on the PC. One thing that made me consider this game a dud, besides the many bugs and missing feature is this: if this game wasn't an mmo what would you rate it or would you even play it at all?

JMadFour
04-17-2013, 09:07 PM
7 right now.

it has a lot of potential though.

alpharougewarx
04-17-2013, 09:12 PM
6 pre patch :D on ps3. unknown raiting for post patch ps3

Trooper Orange
04-17-2013, 09:18 PM
As it is now, 5/10. If the big bugs were taken care of, and what they promised in the patch, with some new content, then a 7/10.

The reality is there are FAR SUPERIOR MMO's for cheaper or even free, like Guild Wars 2, etc...

Of course I am desperate for good sci-fi content, so...

Defiance also has the show, and I guess a big factor is that it is on console.

alred
04-17-2013, 09:19 PM
I give it a 4, maybe a 5.
The main reason, lack of chat. MMOs are typically social games. Lack of chat makes the social aspect very hard to do.
I've run into a few bugs, but that is to be expected with a new game.
What I hate is the server being down. Why can't the launcher pint the game server and report it's status? A green light means good to play, a yellow means server will be down shortly,, and red means server is down.
But that is for those getting ready to log in. Once you log in, there needs to be warnings when the servers shut down, if it's a planed shut down. I've only seen a couple, but I've had the server shut down more times then there were warnings.

Game play. It would be nice to do missions as a group. Even the main story line mission. Just scale it so it can be solo, or multi person. Maybe give better rewards for those that solo it vs those that use a group.
For example: Joe Teach or what ever his name is. Make it replayable.
1]Solo player.
2]solo player time trial.
3]group
4]group time trial.

You could even do that with Nim. Of course, the more a person "grinds" that mission, the fewer rewards they get [meaning the scrip would remain the same, but the loot drop would reduce].

But that is just me.

Arcuatio
04-17-2013, 09:20 PM
Defiance: 5/10

I currently have a yearly subscription to Rift - which is a great game. They have an excellent dev team and really communicate well with the players and have silly/comical announcements ingame when things are messed up. Rift's team set a standard for me because of their communication and fast reaction to issues.

But its very different here in Defiance.

I'm not quite sure why there are so many issues here but perhaps it has to do with the game being played on 3 different platforms and making adjustments to different platforms. So rather than killing 3 birds with 1 stone, they uncovered/created a chaotic beast wreaking havoc to everything. Not sure if they (Trion) bit off more than they can chew.

Hopefully they get things worked out.

Erei
04-17-2013, 09:23 PM
7-8/10. It's not the game of the decade or whatever. Lots of bugs etc... but they work hard on it.
More importantly : it's fun, and that's what I ask for a game. I just log in, and start having fun, simple as that.

AgentMytho
04-17-2013, 09:25 PM
8 out of 10.
The game play reminds me of Mass Effect, and I love the story and TV show tie in. There are a few bugs (no pun intended), but nothing game breaking. I think Trion is on the right track and I can't wait for more content.

Saber024
04-17-2013, 09:25 PM
6/10.

they clean it up. 7/10

Resolute
04-17-2013, 09:40 PM
I've played Defiance for 77 hours now according to Steam. I've finished approximately 59 achievements and started working on finishing Episode 2 pursuits and just started to work on my co-op dungeon and pvp attachments.

Personally I think Defiance is a 6.5 ~ 7.0 game.

* It has a completely crap chat system that is borderline useless.
* It feels mostly like a single player game most of the time.
* It's promised episodic content has boiled down to little more than some pursuits each week.
* It has numerous bugs that make the game 'unfun' such as resetting stats etc.
* It is highly repetitive.
* No crafting, no base building, no clan building, no way to 'develop' the world. Essentially once you've done the last mission you are done. After that it's just grinding to finish achievements.

PseudoCool
04-17-2013, 09:46 PM
I'm wondering something...

How can people say that the game is "highly repetitive".. when they come from places like WoW and SWTOR.. where the entire thing from one world/dungeon to the next is nothing more than rehash/repeats. And the end game is nothing short of an over-repetitive gear grind for that next "precious".

Perhaps people need to rethink their use of the words "highly repetitive" when touting how awesome another game is in comparison to Defiance, especially when that game has mindless hours and hours of repeated grinding on end game "quests".. that your just going to do again the next day.. and the next.. and the next.. and the next.. ad nausem...

Jeronan
I'd give it a 4. Unfinished product rushed out too early, and the patch just highlighted their intent to maximise micro transaction sales rather than eliminating bugs and fixing a broken game. I traded the 2 copies I had in, lost 15, but a lesson learned. Goodbye Trion, and good luck.

QFT! 10chars

Procloa
I know EGO rating doesn't matter but I'm 1781. Completed as many pursuits as I could. I had nothing else to play during the beta and it drew me in. I overlooked its problems because it was a beta and was excited for its release. Launch came around and it felt like a polished version of the beta with little to no fixes. I was disappointed but disregarded it because it was just released.

Well nothing is getting fixed and Trion keeps dropping the ball. Sometimes it seems like they're completely lost and have no idea what they're doing. With any potential fix they only create more problems. While I enjoy the game I do know how broken it is and if I had anything else to play I wouldn't bother with it. Lack of content and any sense of progression other than redundant perks and meaningless EGO rating. The only longevity this game has is completing pursuits and sometimes that even seems pointless.

I'd be a hypocrite if I said I didn't expect it to be like this but I was honestly surprised at the lack of content seeing as there was so much to do in the beta. I give it a 4/10 now and if they fix everything then a 5.5/10. This will be the last Trion game I ever buy because this tarnished their reputation for me. This product was obviously rushed and the sad thing is that it was in development for 4-5 years from what I've read. MMO or not I know a broken game when I play one and the only people that will defend this game are the ones with a blind loyalty to it.

Anzer
04-17-2013, 09:48 PM
Defiance: The Game - 5/10
I can generally overlook launch issues and bugs. However, even if all of these issues are fixed (which I'm sure they will be, Trion has a solid track record with Rift), there just isn't enough content or variation there-in to keep my interest beyond a passing curiosity.

Defiance: The Show - 8/10
Really solid pilot episode. Saw most of the reveals coming a mile away (except for the end scene) but the writing was good, along with the acting, setting and overall feel of the world. Really looking forward to future episodes!

Bluegobln
04-17-2013, 10:02 PM
7.5/10 currently, within a few months it aught to be closer to a 9/10 if they make improvements and fix most of the major bugs. :D

I've had my moneys worth twice over at this point so I have no complaints there. It's just a matter of comparing it to other MMO experiences overall, over a longer time span. :D

Lazerus
04-17-2013, 10:12 PM
something around 6 or 7 for now.
maybe 8 if Trion does something good like clan or group content, the game has the potential to become realy good.

twistedcritts
04-17-2013, 10:13 PM

Now 7/10 minus bugs 7.8 I believe halfway through the life of the game it will end up being 8.7

Sargonnax
04-17-2013, 10:18 PM
I've played Defiance for 77 hours now according to Steam. I've finished approximately 59 achievements and started working on finishing Episode 2 pursuits and just started to work on my co-op dungeon and pvp attachments.

Personally I think Defiance is a 6.5 ~ 7.0 game.

* It has a completely crap chat system that is borderline useless.
* It feels mostly like a single player game most of the time.
* It's promised episodic content has boiled down to little more than some pursuits each week.
* It has numerous bugs that make the game 'unfun' such as resetting stats etc.
* It is highly repetitive.
* No crafting, no base building, no clan building, no way to 'develop' the world. Essentially once you've done the last mission you are done. After that it's just grinding to finish achievements.

I feel similar to the above quote. The game is a 7/10 at the moment, though I disagree about the promised episodic content. Pursuits are just what we've seen so far. They said they were delaying the real content to focus on bug fixes for now. The game has its issues, lack of content being a big one, but I also find it addictive.

Shada Mori
04-17-2013, 10:31 PM
I give it a 7.5 right now, its fun to me and I will stick with it a while, but it does need work. I see alot of potential though so I reserve the right for that to change. One think I laugh about .. all the people commenting in one line "Tired of all the bugs" and then in the next "Tired of the downtime and patching!" .. you realize patches are done to fix the bugs and make the game better right? Longest downtime I have seen so far was an hour, if you can't find something else to do for an hour, it explains a lot about your comments regarding lack of content. Might want to consult a doctor about ADD.

6Strummer
04-17-2013, 10:34 PM
8/10 for me.

I've had few substantial problems playing it on PS3, with the exception of the saturday after release when I had a hard time connecting and staying connected. No lost guns, no lost progress, nothing like that. The story was fairly typical, but not bad by any means and it's really just getting started. The gameplay is very fun and addictive to me, and personally I think there's a lot of content already. I feel like I game excessively sometimes, but coming on this site and seeing people complain about already being done with everything makes me feel much better about my own habits.

alred
04-17-2013, 10:35 PM

How can people say that the game is "highly repetitive".. when they come from places like WoW and SWTOR.. where the entire thing from one world/dungeon to the next is nothing more than rehash/repeats. And the end game is nothing short of an over-repetitive gear grind for that next "precious".

Perhaps people need to rethink their use of the words "highly repetitive" when touting how awesome another game is in comparison to Defiance, especially when that game has mindless hours and hours of repeated grinding on end game "quests".. that your just going to do again the next day.. and the next.. and the next.. and the next.. ad nausem...
Yeppers. All MMOs have a high repeat factor in them. It's just par for de course.

DamionRayne
04-17-2013, 10:38 PM
Was given this as a gift, wanted to play it. Can't at the moment as I keep getting a "Your connection has timed out" error, so in short no rating to give at the moment. Would like to play and see where it goes.

Auztinito
04-17-2013, 10:39 PM
I give it a 9/10.

Elandriel
04-17-2013, 11:49 PM
6/10. And I still play.

tripwire
04-18-2013, 12:14 AM
5/10
A broken, unfinished game with an inexcusably botched launch that made it unplayable on 360, followed by a major patch that made it worse. Garbage frame rate, muddy, low-Rez textures, screen tearing during cut scenes, massive landscape pop-in, Non existent chat and social functions, boring repetitive missions, a clunky skill tree (perk) system, no real crafting, and a completely unengaging storyline.

I don't have time for a lot of games anymore, and when I play, it has to be worth my time. I heard rift was great, so I gave this a shot. I'll be trading this in ASAP and won't purchase another TRION game again.

Dr Shepard
04-18-2013, 12:21 AM
5/10.

It got gunfights down pretty well. Arkfalls were cool for about 2 days. There's just far to many of them and got boring quick. It should be reversed. Have very few arkfalls with great rewards. Instances are total ****. Vehicle variety is ****(GG Dodge sponsor). The storyline wasn't all that bad, I enjoyed it but afterwards there was just nothing. Pvp isn't very fun at the moment either sooo paid for 2 copies and had fun for a week. Drugs would have been cheaper for the length of entertainment....

Defy
04-18-2013, 12:23 AM
I"d give it a 8/10

Sdric
04-18-2013, 12:23 AM
6/10

If the main bugs like disappearing weapons. weapon/vehicle reset, team queue errors get fixed it'll be 7/10.
In case they finally nerf shotguns and cloak to make PvP actually playable 8/10
In case they add higher difficulty and better drops on co-op maps it'll be 10/10.

Defiance has a lot of potential, but it's difficult to see behind the forest of flaws that blocks the way there.
I'll wait with my final judgement until some time, maybe 3 months, has passed.

Ridrith
04-18-2013, 12:25 AM
4-5, 6-6.5 when it's not hitting me in the face with bugs.

SieraV
04-18-2013, 12:31 AM
a solid 8/10. I've got a few small problems but other than that I'm having a great time.

Nmalthus
04-18-2013, 12:33 AM
7/10, would score higher if weapon stats weren't all wonky and there were more outfits in the store.

Tribeca76
04-18-2013, 12:38 AM
5/10

wait nvm a 4/10

Huckleberry
04-18-2013, 12:40 AM
A high 6, or low 7 out of 10.

Ive never seen a perfect 10. And i rarely see 9s. Its normally 8s and 7s. Ive been buying games for 20 years and even with the bugs and glitches this game currently has, ive put more time in it than i have 75% of the other games i buy. And im nowhere even close to being done.

7 is good. 7 is great.

Railsplitter
04-18-2013, 12:44 AM
6.5 to 7 still in a learning curve. Visually I like it . Game play is a bit tough for me ( not use to shooters)

Trollin4Noobs
04-18-2013, 12:49 AM
For what is on my Xbox - 7. For what it is compared to the mmo's I have for pc - 4(at most)

XFistsClenchedX
04-18-2013, 12:55 AM
8 out of 10. It's easily one of the most fun games I've played in years. Few games are actually fun these days.

Fiancee
04-18-2013, 01:18 AM
7.5. Nothing great, but not exactly bad game either.

Elandriel
04-18-2013, 01:21 AM

I couldn't talk about Wow as I haven't played it more than starting area. SWTOR is a grindfest, but it's a grindfest with the best story narration ever made. You can skip those cut scenes while doing dailies (and most players do), but the sole existence of them gives you a slight feeling of a purpose behind this grind. Just a feeling mind you. But it's enough. Besides other, RPG elements of the game that give you a feeling of a purpose. But that is because SWTOR is an RPG and it can do those things.
If I compare Defiance in this regard, it has literally nothing to offer. You do all those numerous repeatable missions without really knowing why you are doing them and how (if at all) the outcome will influence you, the world around you or anything else. you do them because they are there to be done. Because there is literally nothing else to do. Majority of the missions you do in Defiance serve only one purpose. To put you onto a competition list for comparison with others. What is the most important thing in Defiance at this moment? How much EGO you have or how many gold medals. It's a game of repeatable, competitive quests. More of an e-sport type of game.

Defiance is the first game I've played where I didn't get the desire to slow down. I've been playing games for 25 years, and this is the first time it has happened. There must be a reason for that. Even Far cry 3 kept me engaged for longer because it has longer story. And it is almost exactly the same as Defiance with the sole difference of not trying to be big shooter and kind of MMO, kind of RPG kind of all platforms.

Defiance is like a 5 year old child who is publicly declaring that he is 5 years old and doesn't need those 7,8 years old mean boys, but deep down he wants nothing more than to be accepted among them. It's a troubled child, this Defiance game.

Munx
04-18-2013, 01:24 AM
7.5/10

The gameplay is excellent, though there are alot of issues that really need to be addressed, the main one being the lack of a proper pc text chat, which is a absolute must for a mmo.

That said, I can definatly see defiance being worthy of as much as a 9/10 in the future, the important parts are already there, they just need to polished.

karmakill
04-18-2013, 01:27 AM
5/10.
Aside from the small content at launch for this genre...the devs ignoring real issues with the game is frustrating, games should be fixed 1st, then add extra content, not add episode missions and pursuits when the fkin pursuits that we have at launch are still not counting kills etc, i mean did any dev do 2 damn pvp maps and didnt fkin realize that the kill counts for pursuits dont work before launch? in a game focused on those pursuits as progression? Or how about the fact that u dobt get weap xp at most arkfalls, leveling weap skill and doing arkfalls are essential after finishing the quest, no one noticed they dont work together during testing? Or said hey, forget improving those damn roadblock jobs and lets fix that instead.

The pros: solid gameplay, love the weaps, abilities, id give it a 7 if what doesnt work gets fixed.

Apoc
04-18-2013, 02:39 AM
5/10 - lack of content.

Maybe you shouldn't rush though it and learn to enjoy the ride a bit more!

At this stage of release I'm going to give it an 8/10 - It's pretty much what I expected it to be and I see a lot of potential for a game like this if it's handled the right way. There seems to be a lot of players dissatisfied with the game at the moment but I can't help but think they are either new to MMO games in general or did not do enough research into Defiance before they purchased.

Lollie
04-18-2013, 02:58 AM
Maybe you shouldn't rush though it and learn to enjoy the ride a bit more!

I enjoyed the ride as I played it, can't help it if I power through stuff though.

Doesn't negate the point there isn't much content once main story and sidequests are done.

They should just add in the sidequests as permanent repeat content; also make the road quests and whatnot more rewarding so people do them and stay in the open areas instead of hiding away in co-op missions and pvp maps, or off the road at Arkfalls.

Jake Bando
04-18-2013, 03:08 AM
Can't help it but I like the game a lot.
It feels refreshing to play something different.
I give it an 8.5.

Fatalmephisto
04-18-2013, 03:11 AM
I wouldn't rate it at all. Not until the game has had time to get the kinks out and some juices going. So ill post again at the end of the April.

JogA
04-18-2013, 03:21 AM
7/10 and if they make some deathmatch or more longer round like 100 frags 8/10
storyline will be progres whit good show, arkfalls, and nice map, so it will be good rest from competitive match (not like in planet side 2 only geting boring fragin)

PepsiSky
04-18-2013, 03:21 AM
Given the fact that it has alot of content yet to come 9/10 but with the bugs maybe a 7/10.

Apoc
04-18-2013, 03:22 AM
I enjoyed the ride as I played it, can't help it if I power through stuff though.

Doesn't negate the point there isn't much content once main story and sidequests are done.

They should just add in the sidequests as permanent repeat content; also make the road quests and whatnot more rewarding so people do them and stay in the open areas instead of hiding away in co-op missions and pvp maps, or off the road at Arkfalls.

Fair enough,

I find myself taking a lot of time to get through this game, I'm around 1200 EGO but only finished a couple of the San Fran story missions as I keep running a lot of roadsides (yes they are repetitive, but I enjoy the combat) and end up running the pick ups like "free the miners" etc, as I pass through them .

I honestly thought I'd dislike the fact that this was a third person perspective game but I'm really enjoying the combat and trying to tackle missions I have already completed with totally different weapon load-outs.

Israel Ratto
04-18-2013, 03:23 AM
8.0/10 I know it has problems but damn I can't stop playing everyday.

squidgod2000
04-18-2013, 03:27 AM
4/10

Defiance has effectively sh*t on any community goodwill that Trion generated with Rift.

Myles Prower
04-18-2013, 03:28 AM
Xbox 7.5 alone, 8 With friends. The game has afew flaws which are mainly the bugs and the current social aspects of the game being poor and limited, how ever it feels like a very adaptable game which could grow very large in the future offering consistant content unlike other games on consoles.

PookLove
04-18-2013, 03:32 AM
I would have to give it 5/6

Kaladan
04-18-2013, 03:41 AM
4/10, and being generous. Here's why:

Recycled content:
Quests
Main quests reappear as side quests. Quests are either A) Press X on this until you win or B) Wait for NPC to press X on that until you win. PS don't let them die or you'll have to... pick them up and resume where you left off with no negative consequence for your failure to defend that character.
Emergencies
Not sure if that's what they're called. When you're driving around at hit the 3rd Raider Roadblock in a row, or the 8th Derelict Vehicle you've seen today. I'm really bored of these and tend to just drive around them since the rewards for doing them are not even worth mentioning.
Character models
All Raider Blitzers wear that exact same mask? The game attempts to pass the raiders off as warlike, tribal characters, but then they are lead by one man in an electrical spacesuit (whom you kill, repeatedly) and are the biggest army seen in the game yet..?
Weapon models
Bored of looking at the same 2 sawn-off shotguns. And the rest.
Surroundings
GEE LOOK, FIELDS AND FARMS. AND DOCKS. And buildings such as radio stations and hospitals that all look pretty much exactly the same.

TL;DR: I get bored of looking at the same items, people and surroundings very quickly.

Other ****:
Instances
They're fun. Too bad there's only 7, and they're all solo missions from the main quest campaign... I know there's supposed to be DLC, but there's no guarantee it'll include new instances. WoW has 30-ish pre-expansion instances, plus raids. I don't expect 30 but 7 is pathetic. Besides, I don't give a **** about what's coming later.
"Bits" and the Store
Sounds very pay-to-win to me. "What's that... XP, loot, etc boosts for a small fee? Well sign me the **** up because I have nothing better to do for the next 24 hours!" I wouldn't mind if Bits could be earned but I see no way to do so.
Menus/Chat
Are just poor. Menus are unintuitive, and, to the new player at least, agonisingly complex. Still back out of menus by accident and have to pause to think about how to find a specific menu. To put my comments into perspective, I play on a console (the medium the menus were "designed" for) and I feel so very sorry for PC users after seeing what they have to put up with.

For an MMO this is an awfully solitary experience. Mainly because quests cannot be shared and that I can't even see where my party-mates need to be for their quest. Them having to explain what's going on and where they need to be at all times purely due to the lack of a little bit of design consideration is poor. Borderlands managed it a few years ago, why can't Defiance?

TL;DR

Bottom line is that I've forked out 40 for this already, I expect to receive a complete game, not a rushed-out half-arsed attempt with someone constantly kowtowing and promising much better things later on. Which we'll no doubt have to pay for. Forum sycophants and developer toadies don't seem to understand why so many players are pissed off about being handed such a shoddy game. If I could turn back time I'd have left this on the shelf, but since I can't I'm trying to get my money's worth but I'm having to wring this ***** tight to squeeze any fun out of it.

Derity
04-18-2013, 03:48 AM
I've taken the liberty of adding up all of your scores:

(7,5.5,6,5,7.5,4,7.9,5,6.5,5,7,6,4,3,2,6,5,6,7,8,5 ,8,6,7,8,6,7,8,7,5,7,6,5,
4,5,5,7,8,8,6,6.5,7,4,6,7,6.5,7,7,4,8,7.5,7.5,5,8. 5,7,9,7,8,4,7.5,5,6,4,)

and here is the average:

Sounds about right.

The game fails in almost every aspect aside the shooting mechanics which are this games saving grace. The fact that it is an MMO on consoles helps it a tonne too as it is currently the only option.

Missions, Progression, Longevity, Story, PVP, Customization - all "meh" at best.

I hope that future DLC and patches can save the game, I'll be sticking it out until EGO 5000 either way.

stormtrooper
04-18-2013, 03:49 AM
Defiance: 5.3/10

+Interesting beginning
+Good weapon variety
+High quality main storyline

-Achievement grinding after side quests are done.
-Repetitive side quests.
-Not an MMO, just a game with multiplayer elements.
-Small game area
-Exploitative business policy removing key codes from random roadside events
-Repetitive co-operative instancing
-Gimmick focused player versus player (cloak shotgun)
-Poor matchmaking with shadow war pvp
-Little meaningful weapon progression

Despite all the negatives, the positives are very good but this game would get nothing more than a 6 from me for negatives listed above. In fact, if the main quest wasn't so entertaining and if I didn't have other games to fill the social gap that this game obviously had, I'd probably give it nothing more than a 4.

Not an MMO (Massively Multiplayer Online), more like a single player with additional multiplayer elements. A bit like star trek online really.

JogA
04-18-2013, 03:56 AM
WoW has 8 Years! and still no tv show, damn i don't remember which game has tv show, runs with game in the same time
not to mention defiance don't have even full month?

Cyan
04-18-2013, 03:59 AM
I think a 5 is a Suitable rating at it's current state.

Chaotic Calm
04-18-2013, 04:03 AM
theres alot thats needed to be fixed, i have got my moneys worth with that said the game as a whole i give it a 5/10. if you take the joke that is co-op out of the loop id give it a 6.5. co-op is way to straight forward and simplistic. you could probably solo these instances. most i have 3 manned and didnt notice the missing forth not to mention you can run past most mobs to rush thru the instance and boss fights need zero strategy to breeze thru them. i am going to keep playing hours on end for the simple reason i have yet to see another ps3 game catch my eye yet and with ps4 around the corner no need to buy a bunch of also ran games.

Alexera
04-18-2013, 04:07 AM
8.5/10

Im having a ton of fun and for me, thats what a game is all about. I cant count how many MMO's I have played over the years, that literally get boring to me in a few days because they are all the same or that cool new gimmick that drew me in gets quickly dull and repetitive. I dont seem to be having that issue here. :)

Sure, the game could use some tweaks and some bug fixes, but judging from that last patch they are doing their best in that regard. I mean it was a page and a half of bug fixes. As for content, personally I havent even scratched the surface of the main mission and I still have plenty to do, then again, I actually like going after the pursuits. Even so, this is Trion and one thing they are known for is pushing out content. I cant believe anyone is complaining about that being the game has only been out for a couple weeks, thats another thread all in itself though. Anyhow, that is just my 2 cents, probably worth less to most :)

Pasha
04-18-2013, 04:12 AM
7/10

And I'm being generous: mediocre graphic and animation + bugs + weak weapons with strange bonuses + too many mobs in surface missions + unfinished gameplay + bad development management (loadout perks bugged forever) + bad chat ruined start for my clan (imagine 30-50 players who cannot communicate with each other within game).

If it wasn't Trion I'd never purchase this game. And most likely I'll pass on future Trion's projects.

Technodude
04-18-2013, 04:15 AM
5/10.

Blowing things up is fun and that is the only saving grace here.

MacDeath
04-18-2013, 04:18 AM
I play on EU PC. For me, there aren't enough good chat features to make it PC MMO like, so that a -1. We had to wait 2 weeks post launch to get the first client side patch, another -1. Pre-order codes AND/OR CD keys were not available from retail partners at launch, -1. CS is overwhelmed with calls, takes too long to resolve issues, -1. Game play is loads of fun, +1. TV show tie-in has great potential, but we haven't seen it realized yet, 0. Soo, 10-4+1 = 7.

Temudschin
04-18-2013, 04:22 AM
Sadly i have to give this game a 5/10 due to lack of content right now as well....

Great potential and the series pilot episode was awesome, but the game isnt finished.....

Will definitely check back again, as said: potential is there.....but stopped playing for now....

SSlarg
04-18-2013, 04:41 AM
I'd give it a 9/10
for fun though I'd give it 10/10

Pure Brutality
04-18-2013, 04:44 AM
I would give it a potential 8/10 just because i'm hoping with a little minor tweeks and adjustments this is a game i could play for years. and that's what i want it has pvp and the arkfalls to do if i'm bored i missions and sometimes it is just fun to go exploring the terrain. I'm excited for future DLC to see where the next city and people i will meet. a lot of people are complaining about the patches and the game did have a rocky start but if youve been with it since the beta you can tell how vastly its improved since launch. it's not even been a month yet and they have fixed a lot of big problem so give them time this will be a game to play for years and enjoy.

Draethar
04-18-2013, 04:51 AM
7/10... It will be 9/10 once they add capture and hold and fix the pursuit bugs...

Technodude
04-18-2013, 04:53 AM
I'd give it a 9/10
for fun though I'd give it 10/10

Giving a game 9 or 10/10 is as ridiculous as rating it 1/10.

Harnace
04-18-2013, 04:56 AM
7/10, It's an awesome game and it has potential to become even better if Trion can pull it off.

SSlarg
04-18-2013, 04:58 AM
Giving a game 9 or 10/10 is as ridiculous as rating it 1/10.

really why? because you say so?
this is MY opinion and if you don't like it that's tough.

Technodude
04-18-2013, 05:00 AM
really why? because you say so?
this is MY opinion and if you don't like it that's tough.

Did i say anything against your right of stating an opinion?

Doesn't mean i can't call it ridiculous.

armitage
04-18-2013, 05:10 AM
6.5. Lots of fun, but has a long way to go. I'm eager to see the quality and scope of the DLC packs. I'm certainly planning on sticking with it for awhile. Be lovely if the console versions are given smoother framerates, but i understand its asking a lot off their small amounts of ram.

Inova
04-18-2013, 05:14 AM
7 out 10

Later 8 out 10 with patch/expansions

+1 :D ... wait n see!

Daddums
04-18-2013, 05:21 AM
5 -- It's easy to understand why the NDA wasn't lifted until right before the release.

....They knew.

It easily has the potential to be something much greater, but the first patch doesn't fill me with confidence about that.

sub
04-18-2013, 05:39 AM
Honestly!? A 4 no more no less!

Justin CarMichael
04-18-2013, 05:56 AM
Grade? "I" for Incomplete. The game was clearly rushed out to meet the deadline of the TV series and it shows.. oh boy does it show. Last night I found yet another bug, that didn't frustrate me it instead made me laugh. My characters head vanished. So I spent some time running around as the headless dunebuggy rider. Others could see that I had no head as well, so that was double funny. Sadly right as I was about to take some screen shots my Internet fuzzed out and kicked me off the game and the glitch was fixed when I signed back on.

There is a really good core mechanic to this game in the shooting and the like work. They just need to hammer out the bugs, tune some of the missions to be more balanced with the number of people in the area working on them ((Some solo stuff is too difficult, other stuff is too easy if even 1 other vault err.. ark hunter shows up)), and expand the stuff to do at cap.

If they can just handle the bugs and tuning I'd say 7.5-8.0 out of 10. If they handle the end game stuff? 8.5-9.0. Either way for $60 I can't complain with the amount of content that is in the game.

In general I can't think of an MMO that I would give any grade other than "I" during it's first month. It's just the nature of the beast.

ANTIDEAD
04-18-2013, 06:05 AM
8 out of 10. Great game, innovative, and there's even more new stuff to come. What's not to like?

Booshy
04-18-2013, 06:19 AM
I would give it a 6/10 right now.

jnt
04-18-2013, 06:27 AM
6/10 at the moment.

cfStatic
04-18-2013, 06:28 AM
In it's current state: A solid 7~7.5 with room to improve depending on what's in the DLCs.

Demetrius
04-18-2013, 06:32 AM
5 - too many things are broken, something that once again could have been a great game ruined by bad management.

- No mute on voice
- Multiple broken quests
- Resetting Stats
- Reload bug

Critical issues that need to be fixed ASAP if they do get fixed 7/10

Phrase Universe
04-18-2013, 06:33 AM
8. I haven't add the issues people are complaining about. I sometimes get dropped from the server but that's nothing to ***** about. Fun game.

DrNoesis
04-18-2013, 06:58 AM
6 - its good, its addictive for no reason I can put my finger on, the IP has incredibly good potential.

If polished, and a lot more content added (and pretty soon by the rate people are burning through whats already there) I suspect Trion have essentially given themselves a license to print money.

If left in the state its in now, with the bugs, not so great communication, patches that introduce more bugs without resolving the bugs they were meant to fix, gated content, etc etc, I can see it rapidly entering "milk it for all its worth before shutting it down" mode.

Would really like to see them use the game to establish the game world a little more though, it still has the taste of a TV/Movie tie-in game rather than an established title in its own right, and to be honest a lot of that could be dealt with by not leaving the explanations to the tv show (and occasional data recorder) so much.

Jack Johnson
04-18-2013, 07:08 AM
In it's current state: A solid 7~7.5 with room to improve depending on what's in the DLCs.

Going with this. Lack of endgame, bugs, and a number of other issues hold it down, but otherwise I find the core gameplay enjoyable. I said I wouldn't keep doing random encounters with the keys removed, but I often still find myself rolling out the door of my orange dodge charger to fight random Dark Matter enemies... fragging them feels good, much like fragging Cerberus goons did in Mass Effect 3.

Ngamok
04-18-2013, 07:20 AM

Same here.

Gohlar
04-18-2013, 07:22 AM
4/10

Was sold as a tpsmmo and has no compelling group content and I'm not into checking off boxes in a hud which is all there really is to do. It saddens me to see people pretend this is content.

NicodemusTNT
04-18-2013, 07:27 AM
The game is enjoyable, but I can only give it a 6. I don't care if it is an MMO or not, this is buggier and has more problems than a Bethesda release. By the time it is all sorted out, the community may be rather small. When you don't start out with a dedicated fanbase, you need to come out strong from the start. It also scares me that Sledge is posting less and less, which leads me to believe he is less optimistic about fixes. I hope they can fix the issues, because this game could be a solid 9.

Jack Johnson
04-18-2013, 07:29 AM
I don't care if it is an MMO or not, this is buggier and has more problems than a Bethesda release.

I've had a character rollback, but I've never had my file become corrupted and have to start from the very beginning. My poor friend played the PS3 version of Skyrim, and if he went an hour without a bug, it was a miracle. So no, that's a nice hyperbole, but it did not have more bugs than a Bethesda release.

Sull
04-18-2013, 07:29 AM
I would have given the game 7/10 despite the downtime and bugs until I got to San Fran. After that - and especially now that the main story is over - it would be 6/10. The past two nights have been dreadfully boring, full of broken co-ops and rinse and repeat arkfalls to gain some random blue or green bound-to-be-broken-down-to-resources items. Not a gripe, as I did enjoy the game and I can see its promise. However, there is no "end game" content really, which is kind of needed considering the game did not take all that much to "finish" at this point. I enjoy tooling around on the vehicles though...the physics are a lot of fun to play with. But you can only do that so long before it, too, gets tedious. I'm hopeful (as a season pass purchaser) that the DLC is robust.

If they put in a few end game dungeon-type raid instances very soon (with apt rewards - no green shields, thanks) then I'll play that contently. I have enough checklists in life to do, I don't need another set of them in a game I use to escape with. Just my two pennies.

Seal
04-18-2013, 07:32 AM
Best gameplay and most fun and engaging shooter and MMO I've tried in a long time. I normally don't like to solo at all, but this game has me rolling solo most of the time, because it is simply that much fun.

10/10 because I've been completely surprised by this game and although the bugs are major and many, it doesn't even come close to ruining my experience with the game so far.

Jack Johnson
04-18-2013, 07:35 AM
If they put in a few end game dungeon-type raid instances very soon (with apt rewards - no green shields, thanks) then I'll play that contently.

Everyone I've talked to IRL or in-game has agreed that at the very least hardmode instances would go a LONG way. I mean, shtako, look at heroics from Burning Crusade. Minimal effort for several months of content.

Napalm Sunrise
04-18-2013, 07:39 AM
6 pre patch. 5 post patch.

^^^THIS. The only thing keeping me going is some Pursuits (i really don't know why i have such an obsession with collecting them) and the combat. The rest is just atrocious especially because of the new bugs introduced and many old ones not REALLY being fixed.

HanPL
04-18-2013, 07:41 AM
5/10 after patch.
Patch was around 4gb and I see no changes in game at all.
No wait Hotshot Damm Defence is back but all other things are still bugged (Like freaking reloading bug )

v1ctor
04-18-2013, 07:43 AM
After having played the game for about 70h (not including the time I spent in beta), I'd give it a 6 out of 10. It's a solid and fun mmo, but there are just too many flaws to rate higher.

K A S H I H A R A D
04-18-2013, 07:50 AM
A reasonable 7 out of 10. Despite the number of bugs and glitches out in the wild, I've tolerated worse/unresolved problems from higher profile single player and MP titles (Fallout: New Vegas, Guardians of Middle Earth, etc.) for literally YEARS (Gears of War 2) before bowing out. Since this is my first MMO I was expecting far worse than I've dealt with thus far so I'm in it for the long haul or until this game suffers signs of severe neglect.

MirrorStream
04-18-2013, 10:03 AM
5 out of 10 now, 7 when they'll fix gamebreaking bugs, 8 if good portion of interesting content will be added in patches and dlcs

Cruize
04-18-2013, 10:10 AM
6/10 currently, however if things go great (aka less bugs or FIXED bugs, a working "resume" on the launcher and NOT HUGE 4gb+ patches) I will easily give it an 8/10.

just my $0.2

ovarunity
04-18-2013, 03:29 PM
When the single player content wasn't crashing and unplayable due to bugs 7/10.
As An mmo N/A

There is nothing to score as an mmo .

NarcoticDragoon
04-18-2013, 03:48 PM
7.5 pre-patch
6.0 post-patch.

Muffinman
04-18-2013, 03:52 PM
8.5-9, love it!

Myst
04-18-2013, 03:53 PM
Around a 7/10 would be good for right now. Pretty good and has potential.

Dradiin
04-18-2013, 03:58 PM
Since i can't seem to DL the new 4.2 gig patch without the patcher giving me and error and then RESETTING my entire DL from the beginning, i have to give Defiance a 3 out of 10.

JonDav
04-18-2013, 03:59 PM
5/10

Decent game with too many issues
Forgettable co-op
God awful pvp
Too much uninteresting filler (races, rampage and other worthless junk)

Decent time killer though

Daholic
04-18-2013, 04:16 PM
TBH, ill rate this game as a game, and not as a genre.

4/10.

The hardest thing to do is rate a game that you happen to like, but sometimes, objectivity is a good thing. So what you love the game, be objective, example, i happen to love Sacred 2, bought it, traded it in, then bought it again the next yea because of the rpg element, but its a horrible game, bad point of view, horrible ai, but i loved it none the less. Its ok to love a support and bad game, but lets get real, Defiance is a sub standard game, that caters to the casual.

check 10 reviews, and 8 will be 6/10 or worse, there is no amount of content that would replinish this game like gatorade.

Major Nelson
04-18-2013, 04:16 PM
7.77 out of 10

needs more content and more features as wel as the numerous bug fixes

i love the game nontheless

Dist0rt3d Hum0r
04-18-2013, 04:24 PM
8/10

Based off of amount to do and quick response of bug fixing.

Even without DLC veteren RPG players such as myself have no problems finding stuff to do.

Lt_Defiance
04-18-2013, 04:26 PM
8/10

Based off of amount to do and quick response of bug fixing.

Even without DLC veteren RPG players such as myself have no problems finding stuff to do.

8, couldn't have put it better.

Tacophagist
04-18-2013, 04:42 PM
5/10 with friends, otherwise 4/10.

Mikeloeven
04-18-2013, 04:56 PM
i would say the game gets a 9 in terms of combat mechanics however in terms of quality to cost a big whopping 2.0 considering all the issues and the lack of content it kinda feels like the launch players get screwed big time with the additional cost for the season pass.

a game should only be released when it is completed by taking 75% of the game that is probably already written and waiting to be released and locking it behind a BTP DLC system while charging full price for a incomplete game it is human greed and capitalism at it's worst and the fact that the united states refuses to reign in clear abuse of economic mechanics and blatant false advertising and price fixing both of which are in fact illegal marketing tactics. defiance is an excellent game whose user base is sadly limited by high priced and low amounts of content.

mikeyeli
04-18-2013, 05:10 PM
6/10 and I think im being generous.
The game is seriously lacking too much to be given a better rating. I was the only person in my "guild" who bought the game, when they ask me "should I give it a try?", I just tell them to wait for a sale, the game is not worth the full $60.

I was hooked a total of one day, finished the story missions and moved along to play something else, and I seriously doubt theres anything worth coming back to.

I still lurk the forums... theres still that glimmering hope that things will get better.

Rumpleshootshins
04-18-2013, 05:35 PM

how was this released....

worth of game 24.99 what i had to pay 59.99 where my other 30$ worth yo?

Ataraxia
04-18-2013, 05:40 PM
6.5, the game's a potential 8-8.5 though.

Faded Fury
04-18-2013, 05:41 PM
4.5/10 - this is the most average, mediocre game I've ever played. There's absolutely nothing GOOD about it... it's completely and totally average. In fact a lot of the items are below average.

Thankfully I only paid 19.95 thanks to gift cards I hadn't used in the last 3 years.

bobinsen
04-18-2013, 05:44 PM
5 out of 10 playable but only in short bursts. to fix the game they need to:

1) scrap evrything delete it all, every single peace of data.

2)pick one platform pc or console.

3) create a new defiance game one with more atmosphere and exploration

i do enjoy the game but i dont think any amount of patching can change it into something that could survive.

darknessjw
04-18-2013, 05:58 PM
7/10

this

IIFatalshockII
04-18-2013, 06:10 PM
I have experienced nowhere near the number of bugs reported, and I've played every single Mission and Side mission. The glitches I have experienced have been rare. I love the game, I love the world, and the show is excitingly promising. It's absolutely a 9/10 from me. I want to give it more to be honest, but when the bugs have happened they have halted me completely and it was undeniably frustrating.

ALPHA REB0RN
04-18-2013, 06:23 PM

9/10 right now...after it's all said and done...10/10...because every new MMO has it's bugs from the start. Fix one thing, but break another...Trial and Error.

Misto29
04-18-2013, 06:32 PM
9/10 right now...after it's all said and done...10/10...because every new MMO has it's bugs from the start. Fix one thing, but break another...Trial and Error.

Thank you my thoughts down to the letter. I think people keep forgetting it's been out for less then three weeks now. And all MMO's have issues on start up even if the community at large has forgotten about that.

Xiiego94
04-18-2013, 06:33 PM
6/10. could easily be 7. but the inconsistency of servers and patches have me doing other things besides playing this game, er playing more often is what i should say. (i'm on ps3 obv) Sony is getting me ticked off. there is a foundation in this game believe it or not, but the extras and the things that keep it together/stable are simply not. that's also because its still fresh, the show started Monday. (woot!) to conclude, its basically a waiting game, and i will wait.

Chris EK9
04-18-2013, 06:55 PM
On Xbox EU Server - 7/10

Good game, but has it's bugs and flaws. Servers have been absolutely fine for me.

Needs more diversity in Missions, Arkfalls & Side Quests. Each get boring after a few so you end up doing a few of each and switching. Some Puzzle type missions would be good instead of just 'Go here, Press X Here, Shoot here, Hooraah!'

The Map needs to be soo much bigger. 'Biblical Proportions' Big. Hopefully the DLC does this.

Weapon EXP Cap needs to be removed. It almost makes all guns useless eventually unless you've Max'd out the Skill.

The Arkfalls should be more like the one from the Show. Going and searching for valuables to loot then emerging to either; Safety, if your lucky or Enemies who want said Loot. This would be a good place to have a higher 'Legendary Find %'. Even if you had to load up the interior of the Arkfall, like starting a CoOp Instance.

Basically... Remove Weapon EXP Cap and add a **** load of Diverse Content. I understand having/adding this on an MMO Game is harder than a normal RPG but I'm patient. Give me a Mental Challenge occasionally.

Schwa
04-18-2013, 07:40 PM
My rating for the game is a big red F in the corner and a trip to the principal's office for Trion. Their previous work made me expect so much more from them at launch.

CharmCitysKing
04-18-2013, 07:41 PM
1....lol....im sorry, I mean 4

CharmCitysKing
04-18-2013, 07:42 PM
My rating for the game is a big red F in the corner and a trip to the principal's office for Trion. Their previous work made me expect so much more from them at launch.

Rift?! that game was a huge Flop! what are u talkinga bout

Schwa
04-18-2013, 07:43 PM
Rift?! that game was a huge Flop! what are u talkinga bout

Um, no. No it wasn't. And it gave Trion a reputation for full-featured, stable, releases. It's one of the many things the reviewers are tearing Defiance apart over.

And now Trion has lost any sort of credibility (at Defiance launch) they earned from the Rift launch.

Dalton
04-18-2013, 07:46 PM
its over 9000

gothicshark
04-18-2013, 07:50 PM
well ignoring people who don't play MMOs, here is my rating out of 10. It is a solid 8/10 even with all the complaints about bugs this is one of the most bug free MMOs I have played. It has a lot of polish and it has fast and fun game play. Everything about this game should be a 10/10 only it has a nice healthy bland quality, it is good in every respect but it is just not a great game. the Missions are easy to complete with just the right level of solo challenge, but the epic feeling you get from doing multiplayer missions and raids is just not there. The PVP is fun but not fulfilling I'm not killing an opposite faction I love the battles of two faction games. So as a MMO player I am enjoying this game, and if they fix the social features it will be a favorite of mine, but it will never be the Epic game that some MMOs can be.

axiod
04-18-2013, 07:58 PM
I'm going to say a 5.5/10. Lack of content.. VERY repetitive quests [im a mmorpg guy and I don't even enjoy the side missions.. all the same just different name] game breaking bugs [ones that should of been fixed pre release].. I do enjoy the game.. it has a lot of potential if trion will listen to the community.

Face Plant Mike
04-18-2013, 08:22 PM
A 4/10 and thats it.

Krovar
04-18-2013, 08:25 PM
4/10
-No shops to buy outfits
-Unlockable outfits are mostly reskins
-Vehicles poorly optimized (delay when entering or exiting certain vehicles, delay when accelerating upon entry) for a game that relies heavily on vehicle use you'd think this wouldn't be an issue
-poor hit detection - cant jump over fire, sludge, (anything on the ground will effect you if you jump over it) Rockets make contact when they are clearly going to pass you.
-stupid UI- that's right. its stupid. having to select items one by one to salvage over and over and over again is inefficient..
-inventory is unbelievably cluttered.
-inability to quick change your pre made classes
-no content

just off the top of my head.

Strykerx88
04-18-2013, 08:27 PM
4/10

Broke as ****. <- that was the F word.

Lyr84
04-18-2013, 08:29 PM
no content after story. half they mods(which are the progression of weapons) are missing. lack of social interaction(it may not be a mmorpg but its still a mmo). broken quests/pursuits. huge lack of customizing char. and lastly no interaction to the show i thought at least there would be missions after every episode but i guess not or at least not yet.

Rasczak
04-18-2013, 08:31 PM
I'm having fun in the game, but to rate it honestly, I would give it about a 5.0 out of 10.

If some sort of workable PC client chat is not implemented very soon, along with the ability for pretty much zone wide chat, as much as I like Defiance, it'll be time for me to shelve it. I don't play MMOs, whether an MMORPG or MMOTPS, to play a single player game.

For all that SOE messed up on with DC Universe Online at launch, and including the fact that the game's U.I. is also console centric in design, at least their chat allowed the game to be social!