PDA

View Full Version : TRION! Impliment Hacker Countermeasures ASAP

RushNlowZ
04-17-2013, 07:41 PM
Alright I love this game. But it's already been noticed that cheaters have made their way onto scene. I had a guy during a major scrapper arcfall basically just own the crap out of the modules of the smaller arcs with one shot a piece and then move on to the progenitor part and one shot each of the arms and the one time the progenitor itself. I've reported the player directly to Trion and reported them to Xbox. But we all know Microsoft's flimsy approach to dealing with cheaters is less then effective. Unless you have profanity on your bio then suddenly it's immediate. Trion I urge you to run your servers with an Iron Fist when it comes to cheaters. Their actions are unacceptable and in the long run can lead to a very short longevity for your game, which will cost you a lot of "scrip" in the real world if you get my drift. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE address these issues immediately and put some harsh punishments on those that don't respect the game for what it is.

DeMoted
04-17-2013, 07:42 PM
All the baddies now downloading the hacker packs?

RushNlowZ
04-17-2013, 07:53 PM
Something. I don't know what they're doing but it needs to be dealt with swiftly. Drop the hammer on them. I don't care. Perma bans from the server. I've seen too many games go from great and entertaining to complete poo because of cheaters/hackers or whatever they're calling themselves. It may sound like overkill but I'd rather have overkill then underkill. I would assume Trion stands to gain a substantial amount of money from the micro-transactions available in the game and from DLC but you can bet your *** that those sales will become obsolete if people make a mass exodus from the game because cheaters aren't being dealt with. Drop the hammer Trion.

Darth Haighter
04-17-2013, 07:56 PM
+1 OP. good post Sage, hope they drop the hammer. Have a thread called Trion: Please Comment Publicly about the same thing

RushNlowZ
04-17-2013, 08:00 PM
Yeah Flooges I hope they post something regarding this issue soon.

Darth Haighter
04-17-2013, 08:01 PM
yeah, check out mine if you can find it, should be on page 3....some good discourse but the problem is cheaters will always find a way to cheat. by keeping the community uninformed, i feel the hackers are actually protected as people will blame the game for being bugged, not people actually cheating

Cortechs
04-17-2013, 08:05 PM
So it's on Xbox too then? Wow that was fast.

Wadgod
04-17-2013, 08:08 PM
yes must remove hackers tired of them in PvP and having to look at how they stack their scores and cheat real players out of having amazing records

RushNlowZ
04-17-2013, 08:08 PM
yeah, check out mine if you can find it, should be on page 3....some good discourse but the problem is cheaters will always find a way to cheat. by keeping the community uninformed, i feel the hackers are actually protected as people will blame the game for being bugged, not people actually cheating

Found it. Posted. Feel better already.

PseudoCool
04-17-2013, 08:09 PM
OP +1.. good post, passionate but precise.

And.. I was just thinking about it.. but it's a good chance that these "hacks" that their using may be causing some of the issues in the game that are coming from the server side. That codes all supposed to be linked and the same as the client side once you log in, so I'd wager it's creating at least some type of error.

And I agree.. DROP THE HAMMER on hackers/cheaters/exploiters. Sorry about your luck Mr. Haxxor, but the ban hammer is mightier than your whiner-whistle!

RushNlowZ
04-17-2013, 08:11 PM
yes must remove hackers tired of them in PvP and having to look at how they stack their scores and cheat real players out of having amazing records

I hear ya man. I mean bunny-hop crap is annoying but people one shooting arcfall crystals takes away a lot gaming experience from a lot of players. I don't play WOW but I'm curious how they deal with people doing similar actions.

Beats
04-17-2013, 08:13 PM
I hear ya man. I mean bunny-hop crap is annoying but people one shooting arcfall crystals takes away a lot gaming experience from a lot of players. I don't play WOW but I'm curious how they deal with people doing similar actions.

for wow and the like, there are no real damage hacks or the like. but they do ban botters as soon as they are found.

RushNlowZ
04-17-2013, 08:34 PM
for wow and the like, there are no real damage hacks or the like. but they do ban botters as soon as they are found.

Well I guess we have damage hackers here and I hope they deal with them quickly and firmly

alpharougewarx
04-17-2013, 08:35 PM
omg really already -_- its a shame people are that dam bad they would resort to this. and i bet the hackers are lookin at the forums

Moose Of Woe
04-17-2013, 08:48 PM
There isn't much a company can do to prevent cheating when they opt to keep a great deal of data client side. Pretty much just "after the fact" banning is all I'd expect to see.

Most games don't keep character data server side since players wouldn't able to play games offline.
However, for an MMO like Defiance it makes no sense as to why they wouldn't keep almost all character data online. I mean...you have to be connected to their servers to play anyway. I'm guessing storage/server costs?

Darth Haighter
04-17-2013, 09:04 PM
And I agree.. DROP THE HAMMER on hackers/cheaters/exploiters. Sorry about your luck Mr. Haxxor, but the ban hammer is mightier than your whiner-whistle!

+1 descend like Thor's wrath with that hammer and let us get back to playing this awesome game fairly