PDA

View Full Version : Defiance Central hitting up Q&A session in london

Jenbuu
12-01-2012, 03:30 AM
http://defiance-central.com/wp-content/uploads/qna_thumb_long.jpg
website article: http://defiance-central.com/qa-london/

Hey guys
Me and Kal should be hitting up the Q&A session in London next week.
So for you inquisitive members post your questions here and we will try and get them answered for you.

If your going to the event then we will be in London from around 2pm – 3pm, so if any defiance fans want to meet up then drop us a line either via the comments, twitter or email jenbuu@defiance-central.com

Jenbuu

Night Hawke
12-01-2012, 04:07 AM
Oh! ask about crafting!

Jenbuu
12-01-2012, 04:12 AM
Oh! ask about crafting!

ask if they decided to put it in?
because rob hill answered that there wasnt going to be when kal spoke to him at games com

Night Hawke
12-01-2012, 04:32 AM
ask if they decided to put it in?
because rob hill answered that there wasnt going to be when kal spoke to him at games com

yeah curious if they changed their mind, think they will put it in later or if they have a system they are looking at to serve the same kinda purpose. guess i could have been clearer lol :)

vampero
12-01-2012, 06:34 AM
I would like to know if Defiance will be small guild friendly like Guild Wars 2 ? Can every class heal and rez ? or Will it be the old school way Healer,Tank and DPS type of builds ? When will beta start ?

Jenbuu
12-02-2012, 10:27 AM
anything else you want asking.
now is your chance

Shadinaxx
12-03-2012, 11:41 PM
1) What time frame will preorders be opened up? Ie, will they be opened up in time for xmas gifting?

2) Guild pre-registering, will we be able to pre register our guild names, similer to how SWTOR had setup prior to their launch?

3) Rift has a smart phone api app where you can chat real time with guildies online in the game. Are there plans to incorperate this in Defiance?

I may come up with a couple more soon.

Jenbuu
12-04-2012, 04:03 AM
1) What time frame will preorders be opened up? Ie, will they be opened up in time for xmas gifting?

2) Guild pre-registering, will we be able to pre register our guild names, similer to how SWTOR had setup prior to their launch?

3) Rift has a smart phone api app where you can chat real time with guildies online in the game. Are there plans to incorperate this in Defiance?

I may come up with a couple more soon.

cool :)
ill see what we can do.

comon guys you said you wanted information. What do you want to know =)

Fikticio
12-04-2012, 11:54 AM
First of all thank to the guys at Defiance Central for doing this for us.

So if i may i would propose some questions.

- They showed co-op maps for groups of 4, will there be maps for larger groups and what is the max limit of players so far in a group (for pve)?
- What is the expected time that a group will take to finish those co-op maps?
- Is there any plans to add them regularly or will there just be the shipped ones until the next expention?
- Will they have like in rift various (2 or 3) difficulty levels or just one?
- They said that exceptional players may be mentioned in the tvshow, so, those that mean that there will be some sorte of liderboard for the co-op and PvE in general?
- Will there be some sorte of mecanic to see if we are geting bether to those co-op maps as i assume we can repeat them (like a timer)?
- Will the PvE liderboard cross with the PvP liderboard for a player to be mentioned in the show, like you have 1 for PvE one for PvP and one special that mix the 2?
- A tuff one, will there be like daily missions?
- How many currencys will the game have?
- How many PvP game types will there be, and will they have multiple maps or just 1 per game mode?
- Will the game types have multiple map size (8 vs 8 , 16 vs 16 , 32 vs 32)?
- Will gear have stat and will it be tied to the gear and to is appearance or like in rift will we be able to look what ever we whant?
- Will amo be a "currency" (purchasable)?
- Will there be mods to change the amo effect (add fire dmg, etc...) for some weapons?
- A difficut one, compared to rift, as this is a shooter, whats is the landscap size?

I have a lote more in my mind, but i think this is a good start, and i think mabe some of those questions are in many players mind.

Thanks in advance to you guys.

Last thing, will you post an audio on your site or will you do a text based?

We will see you in Defiance!.!

Fikticio
12-04-2012, 12:02 PM
I almost forgot.

- Will the game be server based, like in rift, or, will it be an hybrid mega server with a fasing sistem?
- Will our character name be unique, or (if you go server based) not?
- And like in a couple of games (Firefall and Global Agenda) will our nikename be comun to all our character (classes) or will they be unique to each other?
- How many characters will we be able to make?

Thank you.

SparklingNugs
12-04-2012, 01:15 PM
1) How many players will console support in PVP? (I heard 32, xbox.com is now saying 64)

2) How far behind will the console's be in terms of updated content?

3) The number of PVP maps & game modes.

Thanks

Vega
12-04-2012, 09:42 PM
          

Jenbuu
12-06-2012, 08:28 AM
First of all thank to the guys at Defiance Central for doing this for us.

So if i may i would propose some questions.

- They showed co-op maps for groups of 4, will there be maps for larger groups and what is the max limit of players so far in a group (for pve)?
- What is the expected time that a group will take to finish those co-op maps?
- Is there any plans to add them regularly or will there just be the shipped ones until the next expention?
- Will they have like in rift various (2 or 3) difficulty levels or just one?
- They said that exceptional players may be mentioned in the tvshow, so, those that mean that there will be some sorte of liderboard for the co-op and PvE in general?
- Will there be some sorte of mecanic to see if we are geting bether to those co-op maps as i assume we can repeat them (like a timer)?
- Will the PvE liderboard cross with the PvP liderboard for a player to be mentioned in the show, like you have 1 for PvE one for PvP and one special that mix the 2?
- A tuff one, will there be like daily missions?
- How many currencys will the game have?
- How many PvP game types will there be, and will they have multiple maps or just 1 per game mode?
- Will the game types have multiple map size (8 vs 8 , 16 vs 16 , 32 vs 32)?
- Will gear have stat and will it be tied to the gear and to is appearance or like in rift will we be able to look what ever we whant?
- Will amo be a "currency" (purchasable)?
- Will there be mods to change the amo effect (add fire dmg, etc...) for some weapons?
- A difficut one, compared to rift, as this is a shooter, whats is the landscap size?

I have a lote more in my mind, but i think this is a good start, and i think mabe some of those questions are in many players mind.

Thanks in advance to you guys.

Last thing, will you post an audio on your site or will you do a text based?

We will see you in Defiance!.!

holy **** did not see this one before we went to the do. We asked some questions that other people have asked, but i will try and get another interview or something in the future to go over the ones that i missed here.

We will be looking at releasing stuff on the 13th from the event last night

EDIT: We recorded the interview we had so you can watch it

Fikticio
12-06-2012, 11:38 AM
holy **** did not see this one before we went to the do. We asked some questions that other people have asked, but i will try and get another interview or something in the future to go over the ones that i missed here.

We will be looking at releasing stuff on the 13th from the event last night

EDIT: We recorded the interview we had so you can watch it

"Crying"

Its ok, I am sure we will have other opportunities to ask them to the defiance team.

Tell us when its up (the interview).
Thanks.

Augustus
12-10-2012, 06:06 PM
So....
Q&A was almost a week ago...
Write-up?
Video?
Anything??

AmazingPatt
12-10-2012, 09:33 PM
So....
Q&A was almost a week ago...
Write-up?
Video?
Anything??

on the 13th if i remember they gonna post news about it

Jenbuu
12-11-2012, 01:30 AM
There is an embargo until the 13th, unfortunately we cant post anything until then

vampero
12-11-2012, 06:15 AM
I can't wait until the 13th ! :cool:;)

Jenbuu
12-11-2012, 08:29 AM
I can't wait until the 13th ! :cool:;)

i will say remember that we were only there for a few hours :)

we will be releasing stuff all though the day.

Vega
12-11-2012, 08:55 AM
          

AmazingPatt
12-11-2012, 03:05 PM
Only a few hours? Thats plenty of time to bleed a room for info :D

exactly a few hour is long enough time of info to fill my brain with more defiance =)

Augustus
12-11-2012, 04:55 PM
There is an embargo until the 13th, unfortunately we cant post anything until then

The only reason I can think of to force a delay like that is that they'll be releasing info of their own before that (so... tomorrow).
Which would be welcome news :cool:

If that's not what's happening... well... my opinion of their PR department goes from lackluster to "WTF are these &($(^@ doing???":mad:

Night Hawke
12-11-2012, 05:10 PM
The only reason I can think of to force a delay like that is that they'll be releasing info of their own before that (so... tomorrow).
Which would be welcome news :cool:

If that's not what's happening... well... my opinion of their PR department goes from lackluster to "WTF are these &($(^@ doing???":mad:

press embargo's are actually a common thing, that's why all of the various game news places all have the same general stuff at the same time.

vampero
12-12-2012, 01:15 AM
i will say remember that we were only there for a few hours :)

we will be releasing stuff all though the day.

I understand and I'm pumped up for whatever you can tell us ! :o;)