PDA

View Full Version : Why even make a healer class.....

GodsofGravy
04-17-2013, 09:12 PM
Why did Trion even try to make a healer class?

Your pretty much worthless in co-ops until maybe the boss fight.
But if the rest of ur party is using over charge u really don't even need to heal.

You don't get enough credit for healing in pvp. And since everyone uses shotguns/saw-off why even heal at all when ur mates are getting 1 and 2 hit anyways. Maybe u should get more for healing assist +50 just doesn't cut it.

Plus the link-heal, BMG gun, pretty much requires no skill def. based around a casual player experience.

I don't know I would like to see multiple heal skills or perks or something added. This class/build needs a serious revamp imo.

Wynce
04-17-2013, 09:18 PM
They didn't make a healing class. They gave you some options to back people up. I really don't think anyone is ever supposed to run pure healer. I mean, the gun even has an offensive ability with it.

lagaros
04-17-2013, 09:28 PM
They didn't make a healing class. They gave you some options to back people up. I really don't think anyone is ever supposed to run pure healer. I mean, the gun even has an offensive ability with it.

Agreed. There is no "Healer Class". It simply does not and will not ever exist in this game. People who "heal" during boss fights are just a bunch of Piggy-backers that make the fight take way longer than it should.

GodsofGravy
04-17-2013, 09:33 PM
That's pretty much my point Lagaros. Why is it even in game? Its such a minimal support role. And yes there is no specific title or class in this game. Most of the heal perks revolve around the decoy skill ( ago grabber for pve or taunt if you will ).
I'm just saying I would like to see some improvements to the healing capabilities of the bmg or more specific perks to go along side with that kind of play style. Not everyone enjoys a run and gun approach or the lovely cloaked shotty combo.

Nerdy Ryuu
04-17-2013, 10:20 PM
That's pretty much my point Lagaros. Why is it even in game? Its such a minimal support role. And yes there is no specific title or class in this game. Most of the heal perks revolve around the decoy skill ( ago grabber for pve or taunt if you will ).
I'm just saying I would like to see some improvements to the healing capabilities of the bmg or more specific perks to go along side with that kind of play style. Not everyone enjoys a run and gun approach or the lovely cloaked shotty combo.

maybe because it sound good on paper

bleh
04-18-2013, 04:38 AM
Every Arkfall I've done, the person with the most revives finished on top.
There are a bunch of decent perks with revives.
BMG is a decent weapon.
By the end, you get 10 perks so you could run 3-4 revive/heal type perks and the 6-7 your usual "good" perks.

Blastiel
04-18-2013, 04:42 AM
DEFIANCE has no classes so there is no healer.

The BMG can heal as well as damage and can be a tasty weapon if modded right. Very handy in big fights, take damage and heal then switch back to another weapon.

Always good to have them on in Co-Op for your buddies.

YellowTM
04-18-2013, 09:02 AM
Pretty nasty in tandem with a canker infector. Apply infection dot, bmg nuke, heal, repeat.

FattyMcG33
04-18-2013, 09:05 AM
Agreed, you shouldn't be healing 100% of the time in co-op, but when a buddy gets low on shields/health it's good to be able to swap over to the BMG and heal for a minute.

Talon Swiftshot
04-18-2013, 09:29 AM
I play a 'healer' build, but only when viable. I am contently running with the support perks though. Phoenix boost, and the essential 45% damage reduction on revives.

Can't say I wouldn't like to see more healing intensive perks, extra heals on BMG usage for example, especially when restoring meaty shields. The Decoy skill is surrounded with these supporting abilities so that's an instant two fingers up to those disproving this roles viability.

as for "but it can damage too" lol...it's a last resort wepon that has traded 'damage' for 'infinite ammo' but the infinite aspect is clearly, primarily for healing...and skitterlings...

Blastiel
04-18-2013, 09:32 AM
I play a 'healer' build, but only when viable. I am contently running with the support perks though. Phoenix boost, and the essential 45% damage reduction on revives.

Can't say I wouldn't like to see more healing intensive perks, extra heals on BMG usage for example, especially when restoring meaty shields. The Decoy skill is surrounded with these supporting abilities so that's an instant two fingers up to those disproving this roles viability.

as for "but it can damage too" lol...it's a last resort wepon that has traded 'damage' for 'infinite ammo' but the infinite aspect is clearly, primarily for healing...and skitterlings...

I don't think anyone denies that the role is there mate, just not much dependance put upon it sadly. The more I play the more this is just a single player game that lots of people play at the same time occasionally bumping into each other to shoot at a rock for an hour.

LALLY
04-18-2013, 09:35 AM
wow...this far in to the game and people still think there are classes, let alone a healer class...there are NO classes in defiance, everyone is equal, every one can do everything. every one can unlock the same perks, get the same weapons, if people want to run around healing people during an arkfall thats not even a challenge, then I can only laugh.

Sv Stryker
04-18-2013, 09:49 AM
Ya I would really like for them to add more things for people who like to play Support or Healer class, there is minor things but they should definitely add some new content for people who enjoy playing this role.

What was the point of putting in healing stuff when you cant build around the basics of it or even further into that type of class. Still confuses the **** out of me :/ .

Unsent Soul
04-18-2013, 09:53 AM
Ya I would really like for them to add more things for people who like to play Support or Healer class, there is minor things but they should definitely add some new content for people who enjoy playing this role.

What was the point of putting in healing stuff when you cant build around the basics of it or even further into that type of class. Still confuses the **** out of me :/ .

Just like stated before, there are no classes lol. Just get it out of your head. You can play a support role but only when needed. I have a load out with decoy, support perks, bmg, and an AR and its for co-OP missions if people are getting into trouble.

Dgodkiller
04-18-2013, 10:02 AM
there are great perks that is good for healing class like the one for all it's is great for co-op maps if you are the only one not down when you revive one of your group member you will also revive other group members 25 meter for level one 50 meter for level two and 75 meter for level tree :)

bleh
04-18-2013, 10:03 AM
Tomehto, Tomahto...

We are all saying the same things. To the few going on about "no classes '*****..."...you know what everyone else is getting at and no sh*t Sherlock there are no classes. No need to be an *** to those that used the word "class" though.

Classes, Loadouts...same thing. Point is you can setup a viable healing LOADOUT that can finish first in an Arkfall and be useful with a BMG secondary in Co-op.

No one said YOU had to make a healing loadout although you are free to agree or disagree with the OP.

Draaconis
04-18-2013, 10:05 AM
This must be a path I have not seen yet. What weapon/primary perk do you need for this?

bleh
04-18-2013, 10:33 AM
http://guidescroll.com/2013/04/defiance-perks-list-and-builds-guide/

By far best perk list I've seen breaking down the perks on the Ego chart by categories.

Nycturis
04-18-2013, 10:40 AM
you all best be kidding... You know how many times iv gone threw a place with newbs that cant survive on a boss fight or try to rush threw and all get downed with just me left. I made a healing loadout it has a bmg and a cluster shotgun. i do damage but i can sqitch in a flash to back up my team not to mention with all the perks i got for reviving team mates or taking les damage i can make it threw an instance with out not one person having to rest or completly die and walk back....i support my team and i keep us going. why be in the situation for ppl to mess u up just cuz there tryin gto rush or think that they skip everything is better. i wana complete and instance kill everything and not let anyone die thats always my goal. i can revive someone so fast and get hit by rockets dont even interupt my healing. i can self revive so fast and give my team back there sheild from it. ima beast when it comes to keeping team alive. anyone need someone whos team orinentid instead of being self loathers that dont care if someone is having trouble keeping up or not than message me on here and ill give u my gamertag for xbox....it is true tho only good place to heal is coop or pvp. when me and two of my real life friends play in pvp matches i heal and let me tell u the other ppl even with rocket launchers and sawed off shottys i still can out heal long enough for my friends to destroy the other team hands down easy

Talon Swiftshot
04-18-2013, 10:52 AM
This must be a path I have not seen yet. What weapon/primary perk do you need for this?

For healing the BMG weapons are the only ones capable of this. They have two funtions. Attack and Healing.

The attack is some electrical laser that can chain to multiple enemies, causes minimal damage but is consistant, and since BMGs don't work on ammo, is an effective last resort. The Healing function allows one to heal themselves, and other players with a constant blue stream of...uhh...space magic? Some BMGS allow for mass healing, that works similar to how the attack laser chains on enemies.

Anyhow the Decoy skill section has a number of supportive perks that enhance the the role.

'Combat Medic' which grants the user a huge damage reduction of 45% during the revive animation.

'Phoenix Boost' Which, upon self reviving, can be specced to restore 100% of your teams shields.

'One for All' which is a mass revive for your group, providing that they are within a certain radius of one and other, with extra points to the perk the radius can be increased, useful if your team is aware you have the ability and you are the last one standing, they huddle together, you begin a single revive ignoring large amounts of damage with Combat Medic and any other defense increase you got going, and magic! Your entire team is up and are thankful/confused due to that single revive.

I play with a friend who likes to build his characters as a tanks, with his overcharge and my healing, we've steamrolled PvE and PvP alike.

From my experience, playing the role of Combat Medic in Defiance requires you to have the BMG equipped as a secondary weapon for quick heals, monitoring what sort of shields players have so you can prioritise/warrent healing. For example if they have fast restoring shields and often make quick escapes to have it restored then you needn't worry too much, however if they've taken health damage restore them as their shields are likely to fall quickly again in a heated fight.

Of course when I'm not healing I'm blasting things with my VBI SMG (precision ftw) but when I'm in a group, running my Combat Medic loadout, you better believe I'm prepared to make the most of it.

Unsent Soul
04-18-2013, 10:56 AM
Tomehto, Tomahto...

We are all saying the same things. To the few going on about "no classes '*****..."...you know what everyone else is getting at and no sh*t Sherlock there are no classes. No need to be an *** to those that used the word "class" though.

Classes, Loadouts...same thing. Point is you can setup a viable healing LOADOUT that can finish first in an Arkfall and be useful with a BMG secondary in Co-op.

No one said YOU had to make a healing loadout although you are free to agree or disagree with the OP.

Ouch, this guy got rubbed the wrong way... Don't take things so seriously on a forum champ.

SteveMND
04-18-2013, 11:16 AM
The Healing function allows one to heal themselves, and other players with a constant blue stream of...uhh...space magic?

Nanites, sir! In scifi, magic is explained by either Nanites, Quantum-Somethingorothers or nebulous, ill-defined "Energy Fields." :)

Zeldron
04-18-2013, 11:18 AM
Nanites, sir! In scifi, magic is explained by either Nanites, Quantum-Somethingorothers or nebulous, ill-defined "Energy Fields." :)

OMG ... Back Back I say ..... Back to your Man Cave..

Fallacy
04-18-2013, 11:19 AM
I have a slot dedicated to healing for co op maps one vot protecter and the other a vot healer whenever They need to be reloaded I press the x button then just switch that weapon and switch back and there back at 100! It comes in handy when you need to heal/protect your team in a pinch!

SynchroMystik
04-18-2013, 11:28 AM
I play a balanced Assault/Medic

586 DMG a Sec/450 a sec heal BMG (primary)

Secondary: Sporeshot Infector, Cluster shot with a 13 mag at 808 DMG (combat grenadier Shotgun)

Plus I link up both ways for DMG/Heal

Melee is 666 DMG

Typically in the top 10 or 5 at arkfalls

1 st 68 kills 45 Revives

http://i50.tinypic.com/2yzkcxc.jpg

12th 29 kills 50 Revives
LOL yeah there is no need for a medic....LULZ!, just ask the 50 people who ate crap.

http://i46.tinypic.com/25zquyu.jpg

2nd place 66 kills 23 Revives

http://i46.tinypic.com/a2ap7m.jpg

I would like to see more attention towards A medic build as well.

I enjoy providing support and focusing on a specific goal.

Medics are like Free food trucks at lunchtime when your starving at work,
you show up and everybody is glad to see you.

how many times have you been saved by someone just when you needed it?

there is not an attractive incentive for a medic/healer,
when I heal a person who is at 99% dead....
if i heal his health and shield he doesn't die and I don't get a revive stat count,

so the incentive is to let them die?

I think I should get a healing point for every point of health I restore, or something to that effect.

So to whom it may concern,

there are quite a few people who would love a revamp and lots of attention spent on medics.
Please add more towards this very soon.

Kryt
04-18-2013, 11:40 AM
I thought the way you did before the game even came out, but I made a Combat medic loadout. Truth is, the BMG has saved my buddy's and my *** on on a few dozen occasions. I still dish out lots of damage, and generally get first or second in co-op or arkfalls, I use my LMG most of the time, but if healing is urgent, I'll whip out my BMG, heal, put it away, and continue on my way!

Webtroll
04-18-2013, 11:43 AM
Some people enjoy playing healer classes in other games and will gravitate to the same behavior here. If there were such a thing as a healer class I'd probably try it. What gets to me are the comments about healing being stupid; comments from idiots is how I see them. The option is there so people can play as they like. If there was one superior build and that was the way everyone was supposed to play then there wouldn't be any options, would there? In every MMO there are people who like to tell others how to play, and some people are dumb enough to listen to them.

SteveMND
04-18-2013, 12:50 PM
If there were such a thing as a healer class I'd probably try it. What gets to me are the comments about healing being stupid; comments from idiots is how I see them.

At least here, I think a lot of the criticism is because there's precious little actual penalty to dying, thus, not a whole lot of real 'need' for a healers, thus it becomes a 'less optimal' role choice.

In an arkfall, for example, if you goes down, it's almost guaranteed that someone will rez you within a few moments, and there's no penalty (and even that's assuming you don't have your handy auto-res available, or you can't just run around avoiding stuff until your shields and HP regenerate) ... it's like you just got knocked down for a few moments longer. And unless you've managed to grab aggro, at least in the Arkfalls, it's highly unlikely you're actually going to take a lot of damage due to the huge number of players that the enemies can spread their damage around to. Similar things could be said for co-op missions (altho certainly not to the same scale). You're seldom out of the fight for any severe length of time, there are precious few penalties for dying, and many people would just see it as preferring you were pouring damage into the mobs as opposed to healing the guys who are unlikely to suffer any major consequences for dying.

Essentially, you eventually get better on your own, and the penalties for dying aren't significant. If there were larger penalties for failure in the game, more people would probably see healers as a more worthwhile pursuit in that they could help you avoid them.