PDA

View Full Version : tutorial skipping?

klange39466
03-17-2013, 05:21 PM
i'm sorry if this has already been answered, but will there be an option to skip some or all of the tutorial? mainly i'm asking because the blur tutorial looks like it will frustrate me?

Defy
03-17-2013, 05:22 PM
how long is the tutorial?

Dead_Phoenix
03-17-2013, 05:24 PM
how long is the tutorial?

the blur tutorial? uuuuh i must say thanks to greg video on when he did the start (couple of live streams ago)

it took a whole 10 maybe 20 seconds?

klange39466
03-17-2013, 07:42 PM
the blur tutorial may be short or long i am basing my judgement on the one hour with defiance footage it seems you can have problems with hitting the guy. i know it should be simple enough i'm just worried i'll be at it for 30-45 minutes and still not hit the guy so i asked if i will be forced to do that part or maybe skip it. the other parts are simple the blur part looks like "trying to hit a bullet with a smaller bullet while blindfolded riding a horse" sorry just really worried that i'm paying 60 dollars for a game i may not be able to play?

Dead_Phoenix
03-17-2013, 07:44 PM
the blur tutorial may be short or long i am basing my judgement on the one hour with defiance footage it seems you can have problems with hitting the guy. i know it should be simple enough i'm just worried i'll be at it for 30-45 minutes and still not hit the guy so i asked if i will be forced to do that part or maybe skip it. the other parts are simple the blur part looks like "trying to hit a bullet with a smaller bullet while blindfolded riding a horse" sorry just really worried that i'm paying 60 dollars for a game i may not be able to play?

really dont know what video you have seen, the tutorial is you have to hit 2 guys, with a single melee attack each. thats it. im sure if the game was bugged and it didnt work they would notice that by now

Desidus
03-17-2013, 07:47 PM
really dont know what video you have seen, the tutorial is you have to hit 2 guys, with a single melee attack each. thats it. im sure if the game was bugged and it didnt work they would notice that by now

Melee mechanics have definitely been improved since that video... we have seen a lot of melee since that video and I haven't seen that same glitch since.

Daymarr
03-17-2013, 07:47 PM
So your saying its going to be hard for you to melee a NPC that is standing still?

klange39466
03-17-2013, 07:53 PM

the video was an xbox preview with ign and the developer kept phasing through the guy, http://youtu.be/pFTRgWhLcVs

klange39466
03-17-2013, 07:57 PM
So your saying its going to be hard for you to melee a NPC that is standing still?

blur speeds you up i think, and makes it harder to run at the dude. well as of like febuary. don't know about now.

Asheki
03-17-2013, 07:57 PM
the video was an xbox preview with ign and the developer kept phasing through the guy, http://youtu.be/pFTRgWhLcVs

That's because the developer was derping around. Also.. the xbox demonstration in the video is a pretty old build, to the point where the tutorial barely looks the same as it does in this video. Just look up their archive on http://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds .

It really won't be much of a problem once the game goes live, and the tutorial isn't that long really, unless you're really into running around aimlessly every time. You can quickly run through it.

Synder
03-17-2013, 08:38 PM
That's because the developer was derping around. Also.. the xbox demonstration in the video is a pretty old build, to the point where the tutorial barely looks the same as it does in this video. Just look up their archive on http://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds .

It really won't be much of a problem once the game goes live, and the tutorial isn't that long really, unless you're really into running around aimlessly every time. You can quickly run through it.

That link's video wont start.

Asheki
03-17-2013, 08:40 PM
That link's video wont start.

Its because that's their channel, go under the main stream window and there will be a link you can click that says video, which if you don't ifnd what you want you can then click on 'more videos'.

Komakala
03-17-2013, 08:48 PM
i'm sorry if this has already been answered, but will there be an option to skip some or all of the tutorial? mainly i'm asking because the blur tutorial looks like it will frustrate me?

In the next to most recent friday livestream they showed that the ego training area has been changed slightly and it appears that blur is more manageable in the new setting.

Defy
03-17-2013, 10:57 PM
whats exactly the issue with blur?

Daymarr
03-17-2013, 11:14 PM
whats exactly the issue with blur?

People can't handle moving fast and hitting a non-moving target without auto aim apparently.

lPATT
03-17-2013, 11:17 PM
is this guys serious on the blur tutorial ?

klange39466
03-18-2013, 12:02 AM
is this guys serious on the blur tutorial ?
i was i thought it was still like what i saw from a month ago, i then looked at a stream from 2 wednesdays ago and it looks better. on the others it looked like you aim at the guy and your guy would run around or through him. i won't know for sure till i get in beta.

MacDeath
03-18-2013, 12:17 AM
You CAN skip the tutorials but shouldn't. The whole process only takes a few minutes and will make your play time more productive.

Grimmherz
03-18-2013, 12:37 AM
The Defiance tutorials aren't all that bad, especially if you compare them to DC Universe Online. Every time you made a new character you had to play a starting mission/tutorial that was at least 10 minutes, and you couldn't skip it.