PDA

View Full Version : T4 box nerf?

Ninno20
04-17-2013, 10:28 PM
I have got 4 today.... nothing higher then a blue?

BrassRazoo
04-17-2013, 10:29 PM
Oh you poor thing.
No sorry, I mean this happens to me all the time.
I have opened about 50 and only got one orange.
God hates me that's what it is.

Alcohol Fueled Brewtality
04-17-2013, 10:31 PM
T4 boxes weren't nerfed, they just sucked to begin with.

Buy T3 instead.

PseudoCool
04-17-2013, 10:33 PM
Yeah.. T3 is the way to go.. T4's aren't working like they should for some reason. I checked it this morning just to see.. got a level 560 WHITE Ironclad shield.. and NOTHING else. I immediately bugged it, then turned the shield into resources while grumbling in a not so nice way. Hopefully they'll get it fixed soon so the T4's are actually worth going after.

atlantix
04-17-2013, 10:34 PM
i like t4 but it feels such a waste when you get green and blue only..
t3 feels better but a lot of times it gives only blue and green also..

trion should remove RNG lockbox and they should add specific item boxes.. like Assault lockbox (contains 1 random assault rifle min uncommon quality), lmg lockbox (contains 1 random lmg min uncommon quality) etc. etc. etc.

ThanatosPa
04-17-2013, 10:42 PM
I have in the last few days opened like 10 T4s. And I havent even seen a purple never mind an orange.

T4s should not even have green as an item in them. I think tomorrow instead of 2-3 T4 I will get like 6-8 T3.

At least I may see a purple come out of it.

Valethar
04-17-2013, 10:46 PM
I get more greens than anything. It's really weak when you have to kill yourself to get 64 keys just so you can get greens. I tend to get more purples from Arkfalls than I do the lockboxes. I feel bad for the sheep that actually pay real money to buy them with Bits.

Ninno20
04-17-2013, 10:58 PM
Thanks for the heads up, i was sticking with T4 when keycodes were easily farmable, think ill stick to T3 with the keys being harder to mass.

Huckleberry
04-17-2013, 11:03 PM
Even tho you get more loot from 3's or 2's, they seem to be mostly greens for me. I bought 3 tier 3s last night after some hard time with arkfalls and got 7 greens and 2 blues. Bought 3 more tier 3's this morning and got 5 greens and 4 blues. 2 of which were Armada RL's. And right before work i bought 2 more tier 3's and the first one was all green, second was 2 greens 1 blue. A friggin armada RL.

I think im going back to 4s now.

JustWaitin
04-17-2013, 11:06 PM
Two oranges, two purples from eight tier 3 boxes today.

ThanatosPa
04-17-2013, 11:08 PM
Two oranges, two purples from eight tier 3 boxes today.

I would be good with a pull like that

JustWaitin
04-17-2013, 11:09 PM
After the first I didn't expect another xD

ThanatosPa
04-17-2013, 11:12 PM
I just want a decent LMG(orange) I want to get the all orange pursuit(just cause I want that one). I rarely even see LMGs drop the boxes are usually full of crappy shot guns, but that is a diff thread.

Cortechs
04-17-2013, 11:14 PM
Yeah, I tried T4's for a while, and got mostly greens/blues. Not even purples. I stick to T3's now. More rolls is better than marginally higher chances.

RushNlowZ
04-17-2013, 11:15 PM
Well at least they aren't sticking with the original idea of having Keycode fragments. Where you needed 8 fragments to create 1 keycode. That would have turned the lockbox issue into a much more frustrating situation

EDIT: They actually removed the icon for the number of fragments you had from the stats window where you keep track of your currencies. It was between keycodes and salvage. That's why the other currency icons are so much bigger now.

Kroktar
04-17-2013, 11:16 PM
i failed with t4 and t3 so i stick with t1....no just t3 but still failing :p

Shada Mori
04-17-2013, 11:22 PM
I got a T4 before patch, so not a new issue.. that ws 3 greens and a blue... its luck of the draw. Thats all.

Tgreen
04-17-2013, 11:30 PM
Lockboxes are just that random, for the price per item you pay for T4 there shouldn't be any greens to begin with.

Kerry
04-17-2013, 11:40 PM
This is how I think it SHOULD work, only my opinion though:

Tier 2: Green and up
Tier 3: Blue and up
Tier 4: Purple and up

Here's to dreaming.

When you PAY to open a lock box you shouldn't have to gamble for items...

Reiji
04-17-2013, 11:49 PM
Just found this in a T4 lockbox, looks like they are still working :p.

http://i.imgur.com/KJZLpA4.jpg

Bluegobln
04-17-2013, 11:54 PM
Just found this in a T4 lockbox, looks like they are still working :p.

<Image of sick SMG>Dude.... SICK SMG!

Herbfiend
04-18-2013, 12:00 AM
the problem is with making keys harder to obtain it has indirectly nerfed t4's they were only marginally better at producing oranges now that keys are harder to obtain and that you can still get t4's that produce all greens and at random it doesn't make a whole lotta sense to get them at the price they cost.

Since this whole loot and gun system is rng it would be better if all boxes contained the same quantity of items but gave diffrent levels of gear as stated above t2 greens with small chances of higher quality t3 with blue and chances of higher and t4 with purples and chances of oranges.

Personally not a fan of the whole box thing you have to hope rng is on your side and you get the weapon you want. Then you have to hope rng produces a purple/orange. Then you need to hope rng puts a good synergy on it. Then hope rng doesnt give you crappy bonus stats. Then hope rng gives you the nano effect you want. Then hope once you level the whole thing up that rng gives you a bonus stat that is good. Then you get to play the RNG game with the synergy mods.

Bluegobln
04-18-2013, 12:13 AM
Of course, each player will have personal preferences as to which stats are perfect for them, and so most gear will have SOME value somewhere, but then as individuals if we do not trade actively we will have a lot of trouble finding OUR perfect weapons.

I think this is why people want an auction system. Personally I am both for and against it - I think improvements to trade could be made, such as a mail system, a global or localized trade channel, things like that. But I don't really think a full auction house is in order, I think that game economies are better if they're based on open, personal, trading rather than on a big system where you don't care who you're buying from etc.

A perfect example is the setup they have in Path of Exile right now. No auction house, just a lot of player to player trading. While it is not going well according to some (their economy is hectic in many ways) the system itself is not at fault for that, it's just the way their currency and general game systems are set up that caused it. The way trades are made is good, IMO. I prefer personal trades, where you meet face to face or at least communicate directly.

taskun56
04-18-2013, 12:26 AM
the problem is with making keys harder to obtain it has indirectly nerfed t4's they were only marginally better at producing oranges now that keys are harder to obtain and that you can still get t4's that produce all greens and at random it doesn't make a whole lotta sense to get them at the price they cost.

Since this whole loot and gun system is rng it would be better if all boxes contained the same quantity of items but gave diffrent levels of gear as stated above t2 greens with small chances of higher quality t3 with blue and chances of higher and t4 with purples and chances of oranges.

Personally not a fan of the whole box thing you have to hope rng is on your side and you get the weapon you want. Then you have to hope rng produces a purple/orange. Then you need to hope rng puts a good synergy on it. Then hope rng doesnt give you crappy bonus stats. Then hope rng gives you the nano effect you want. Then hope once you level the whole thing up that rng gives you a bonus stat that is good. Then you get to play the RNG game with the synergy mods.

I have to put my name in the hat here and agree. At least ONE of each rarity in ascending order of boxes would be fair since they made it harder. Getting keys isn't much more difficult than before, but now we have to choose to keep salvage for modding or use it for keys. I've also changed all my loadouts to increase droprates so I can amass a larger number of drops to break down.

That aside, T4 should contain one static purple and a random draw for other loot;
----------- T3 should contain one static blue " " " " " " ";
etc.

The fairness of that would make it easier for people because when it all comes down to it the gear grind is the biggest reason to keep going. Finding more perfect weapons than the ones you own is why most people play after they've finished the content. Perfectionists want the perfect stats, bonus', mod slots, mods, and synergys. It's a LOT of RNG to gamble with adding rarity of loot to such a luck of the draw.

Fakinell
04-18-2013, 12:28 AM
Still awaiting my first Orange from any lockbox.

Few Purps though.

Thr0nes
04-18-2013, 12:44 AM
Just got a OJ Autoshotty from a T3, Ego 1147

Erei
04-18-2013, 01:45 AM
Still awaiting my first Orange from any lockbox.

Few Purps though.
My first 2 oranges were injector. Both the same.
That was until yesterday, Orange wolfhound pistol, probably the best pistol in the game ATM. Sadly I don't use pistol :(

All from T3

Evilution
04-18-2013, 01:49 AM
My first 2 oranges were injector. Both the same.
That was until yesterday, Orange wolfhound pistol, probably the best pistol in the game ATM. Sadly I don't use pistol :(

All from T3I got one of them pistols last night from t3, it has shock damage and run 'n' gun synergy, the 2 synergy and goes perfectly in my loadout with my purple assault carbine so I get the loadout synergy buff :p

Jtech
04-18-2013, 02:26 AM
Oh lets see, I only buy t4s and 2 date I have gotten these oranges...

2 det
2 shotty
3 ar
1 smg
1 lmg
1 bug gun

ya... but those were all before patch, I havent gotten **** since patch.

And, because I know this question is coming, I did not buy them either, there was a "trick" where I could farm about 60 keycodes an hour and did it non stop for about 4 days. Sadly with the emergency nerf it has gone away.