PDA

View Full Version : Great game - why are so many crying?

Seal
04-18-2013, 03:20 AM
If you have it so bad, then why are you actually playing a video game?

Zoomz00m
04-18-2013, 03:24 AM
I think it is because these guys also did Rift which I guess had an incredably launch so high expectations there. Most people see the game for what they feel it should be and not what it is. Does it have problems? Yes, but I find it alot of fun like EDF!...EDF!

XFistsClenchedX
04-18-2013, 03:29 AM
Peoole complain about everything.

Derity
04-18-2013, 03:30 AM
I guess you would prefer happy lala land?

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb62119/telletubbies/images/thumb/8/83/Img12.jpg/670px-0,1025,0,768-Img12.jpg

Without constructive criticism, the game would never evolve and would just stay the way it is. Yes, some people seem to be complaining about things that will obviously be fixed, but some of us are just giving our honest opinions on what we feel are the flaws in the product we purchased.

This forum is called General Discussion for a reason.

Zoomz00m
04-18-2013, 03:34 AM
I guess you would prefer happy lala land?

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb62119/telletubbies/images/thumb/8/83/Img12.jpg/670px-0,1025,0,768-Img12.jpg

Without constructive criticism, the game would never evolve and would just stay the way it is. Yes, some people seem to be complaining about things that will obviously be fixed, but some of us are just giving our honest opinions on what we feel are the flaws in the product we purchased.

HEY! Thanks for...for the nightmares!
Nothing wrong with constructive criticism but more often than not it is just whinning, atleast thats how it comes off.

Shada Mori
04-18-2013, 03:36 AM
If you have it so bad, then why are you actually playing a video game?

They aren't. They are on the forums whining about the game. That's the problem.

Kaladan
04-18-2013, 03:51 AM

Well, if there wasn't so much down-time... ;)

Dinova
04-18-2013, 03:52 AM
In time they move on, they still QQ about outdated info.

exxcess
04-18-2013, 04:00 AM
sooo.... I'm guessing your another one of those who would rather people quit the game instead of providing any negative feedback or concerns which you label as QQ? Without feedback, there is no improvement or knowledge of what the community wants.

A lot of things (not all) are voiced by players who actually enjoy the game and want to see changes to enhance the experience.

Boy Trion should hire more people like you. Without the QQ we would be left with the option to play or quit, which might be okay for some people, but is a terrible way to try and run a profitable business.

RolandF
04-18-2013, 04:09 AM
I'm enjoying the game, but kind of bothered by the bugs and other issues, and lack of the dev team quickly getting issued addressed.

I'm a huge past fan of Trion, given that they did a pretty great job with Rift, its release & later development. However, people need to bear in mind that a large number of people who worked on Rift were laid off in December. And the executive producer of Rift was Scott Hartsman, who was imho, a pretty brilliant producer. For those who don't know of him, he was also on Everquest 2. He was phenomenal on communication aspects.... if he were running Defiance, I don't think we'd have the sad lack of communication we appear to be getting from the current team.

The Trion of today doesn't seem to be the Trion of Rift release days.

Derity
04-18-2013, 04:19 AM
I'm enjoying the game, but kind of bothered by the bugs and other issues, and lack of the dev team quickly getting issued addressed.

I'm a huge past fan of Trion, given that they did a pretty great job with Rift, its release & later development. However, people need to bear in mind that a large number of people who worked on Rift were laid off in December. And the executive producer of Rift was Scott Hartsman, who was imho, a pretty brilliant producer. For those who don't know of him, he was also on Everquest 2. He was phenomenal on communication aspects.... if he were running Defiance, I don't think we'd have the sad lack of communication we appear to be getting from the current team.

The Trion of today doesn't seem to be the Trion of Rift release days.

I honestly agree with what you said about the communication part. Communication from Trion around here is slim to non-exsistant.

We get a comment every once in a blue moon, and most of the time it is buried in some random thread, or a thread being locked.

Panthan
04-18-2013, 04:22 AM
I think it is because these guys also did Rift which I guess had an incredably launch so high expectations there. Most people see the game for what they feel it should be and not what it is. Does it have problems? Yes, but I find it alot of fun like EDF!...EDF!

Rift.. still has a warm place in my heart ( even though I stopped playing it) had more then a fair share of issues, bug, and glitches, not to mention ballance issues.
Biggest difference is.. other then login queues the servers where fairly stable. But yes still was a pretty decent launch especially for its time.

This game ofcourse has its own issues, imo most I ran into arent really worth mentioning. But nowadays people dont seem to buy games to play the game but to play bug-hunter to complain about.

I could show the huge list of hotfixes that came with patch 5.2 of a certain a certain p2p mmo, currently at 15 hotfixes, this doesnt include frequent rolling restarts. Seems to me this game isnt doing all that bad compared to that certain mmo that was released in 2004.

exxcess
04-18-2013, 04:23 AM
I honestly agree with what you said about the communication part. Communication from Trion around here is slim to non-exsistant.

We get a comment every once in a blue moon, and most of the time it is buried in some random thread, or a thread being locked.

Not to mention they are vague statements when they do appear, and the integrity of these statements and anticipated patch notes (both pre and final) are rather questionable from what we see in game

Munx
04-18-2013, 04:26 AM

Guees thats why I love it, never got around to playing rift :)

Jamesdanex
04-18-2013, 04:28 AM
Oh yay, this post again.