PDA

View Full Version : PVE - more accuracy shots - not the bomm bomm

aprisma
04-18-2013, 03:28 AM
Hi,
I notice more and concerning the coop maps that player only have very big weapons and do bomm, boom. This is good for the small not so important mobs but the bigger ones do have special areas where you have to hit exactly.
So it would be fine if you also use bullets. You will see at the end you deal higher damage than with your big weapons just shooting around and hitting youself :-)
Have fun
cheers

Zoomz00m
04-18-2013, 03:31 AM
Hi,
big weapons just shooting around and hitting youself :-)
Have fun
cheers

They have a shield for that!

aprisma
04-18-2013, 04:07 AM
They have a shield for that!

This was the more importent part:

do have special areas where you have to hit exactly.

Strontium Dog
04-18-2013, 04:15 AM
Thing is its still easier to hit with the boomsticks than pistol etc. Some people dont want to stress in co ops and just shotgun the whole way through. Their choice tho :)

RookieOnDuty
04-18-2013, 04:20 AM
Actually, most of the "big" guys you see in co-op, can be hit for some reasonable damage by using either detonators or rockets, it's not as high if you hit weak points, but still decent damage.

That's why some like to do it, plus it's actually kind of fun.

Evilution
04-18-2013, 04:23 AM
A lot of players are also leveling different weapon types in these instances. I have done it myself :p

Erei
04-18-2013, 05:31 AM
A lot of players are also leveling different weapon types in these instances. I have done it myself :p
I'm currently lvling infector. Hate it.

Evilution
04-18-2013, 05:49 AM
I'm currently lvling infector. Hate it.
Lol me too, takes ages :p

Erei
04-18-2013, 06:06 AM
Lol me too, takes ages :p
Yeah, but there is far worse : BMG. Just did them, you can't imagine how happy I am to have a Logitech keyboard, you know, the one with macros :D Just sayin' :D

Cirvante
04-18-2013, 06:35 AM
Yeah, but there is far worse : BMG. Just did them, you can't imagine how happy I am to have a Logitech keyboard, you know, the one with macros :D Just sayin' :D
Go find a Hulker, they are wonderful damage sponges for Infectors and BMGs (aim for the head when you start shooting, it makes for higher damage ticks). I hate it when people use rocket launchers and detonators in pve, all the explosions make it hard to aim. Also hated the story missions with Torc for that reason.

Warkaiser
04-18-2013, 06:39 AM
Go find a Hulker, they are wonderful damage sponges for Infectors and BMGs (aim for the head when you start shooting, it makes for higher damage ticks). I hate it when people use rocket launchers and detonators in pve, all the explosions make it hard to aim. Also hated the story missions with Torc for that reason.

Yep. Level up all of my weapons just farming a hulker. With him taking 2x normal damage compared to most things, and tons of crit damage, it goes nice and smooth. 18-20k crits with sniper rifles to his brain are fun.

Neogeo
04-18-2013, 06:50 AM
They should remove the shaking screen effect from friendly fire. It's damn annoying.