PDA

View Full Version : Buying Bits - exchangeable?

tBakke
04-18-2013, 04:41 AM
Hi.

I have a friend who has a very low income each month.
So low infact that I actually purchased a copy of the game to give to him so we could play together.
But, he allways have a full inventory, even after leveling up the Ark-hunter code thing (giving 6 extra slots of inventory space).
Since the only other place to buy inventory space is in the Defiance Store, using Bits, I would like to know if there is any way for me to either trade bits with him, or buy bits for him to use.
Naturally, I do not wish to ask for his account info just to do this.

As far as I know, there is no way to do this at current time. I could be mistaken, but.. :(

duction
04-18-2013, 04:42 AM
No idea mTe

Blackwolfe
04-18-2013, 04:44 AM
I think they sell bit cards in some locations, which have a code on them (which you can give to your friend). Though I belive bit cards are only for PC.

Evilution
04-18-2013, 04:48 AM
Well if they do bits card for pc, and I know you can get psn cards for ps3, not sure about xbox, but that would be a way around it.

Blackwolfe
04-18-2013, 04:48 AM
Im sure there are card for msn points as well.

tBakke
04-18-2013, 10:08 AM
Hmm.. only via gamecards?
Would really prefer if there was some way to add a gift option ingame.

Even so, there are no locales near me that I can buy these from, as far as I know. I tried searching for it on google, but got no real help. Closest was a defiance wiki that said it was redeemable for pc only.. but not any info on where to get it..

Would really hope the defiance people would get this in the game, or atleast reply to the thread.
Having all the perks available only trough a cash only option, and then making it so only the account owner can buy the currency seems a bit restricted, and in my case this is hindering my friend from getting the same experience that I am getting in the game (having to run back and forth to empty his inventory over and over..)

Kerry
04-18-2013, 10:11 AM
For the game cards I think you have to add them via your account page at Trion.

I would assume that this would work for all systems just like the Ark codes did but I cant confirm my assumptions.

I have never seen transferable currencies that are exclusively obtained via real money purchase. This is probably to protect the consumer from scammers.

Cutlass Jack
04-18-2013, 10:12 AM
Hmm.. only via gamecards?
Would really prefer if there was some way to add a gift option ingame.

It sounds like a great idea. Maybe you can post it on the Suggestion forums? It would be good for both your friend and Trion.