PDA

View Full Version : Storage/bank/depot

bigzeffdaddy
04-18-2013, 05:49 AM
So as far as I can tell there is no kind of storage or bank. Think this is my first mmo without some sort of storage. Even a chest in each town would do. Maybe even a storage that let you share items between all your characters would be awesome.
Anyway let me know what you all think

Scotty_Doo42
04-18-2013, 05:58 AM
I agree. I would very much appreciate a storage bank. I have 32 weapons i keep at all times, because they are used for the many different builds i made.

Toby5225
04-18-2013, 06:03 AM
Though I do have to say on the plus side not having a storage system makes me a little more diligent on what I keep vs sell/scrap. I have found with other MMO's I would fall into a Hoarding type mindset where I would keep a bunch of stuff I didn't need. The only items you loot are pretty much weapons and mods where others have crafting items ect which would require a lot more space.

tl:dr Not having storage sucks but it's bearable

Lyokira
04-18-2013, 06:05 AM
You have storage, it's called your inventory. *shrug*

bigzeffdaddy
04-18-2013, 06:10 AM
It is def bearable. im not even complaining. i love the game and I think its remarkable how well it runs so quickly. trion has done an amazing job. Most mmo take a month or two before they run as smooth as Defiance is running already.
i am just saying that this is something that I would like to see get patched in eventually

TheOz
04-18-2013, 06:19 AM
They should allow you to stow weapons in your rollers. They have trunks and/or backseats at least.
I am not talking about a bottom-less trunk - 4 spaces per car would be a good start and other than color an ACTUAL reason to buy/work for different cars.

BTW this was NOT my idea. Someone else brought up this idea on the forum here - sorry don't remember who.

Ikagawa
04-18-2013, 06:20 AM
I'm sure Trion is avoiding a storage point because it forces people that get annoyed by the lack of space to use cash and buy more inventory slots.

I just get rid of nearly everything aside from one or two backup weapons for whatever skill I'm working on. Sell the white items or mods I'm not using, salvage the rest.

La la
04-18-2013, 06:26 AM
I have no problems with this cause honestly you can run through the game with the starter weapons. There isn't much differance between the rating of weapons. sure the prof. Plums have some perks but I've had a white SMG since EGO rating of 100 that decimated the last boss (no spoilers) plus I have a 123 blue SMG that is EXACTLY the same as a 476 >.>

Kronic
04-18-2013, 06:32 AM
So as far as I can tell there is no kind of storage or bank. Think this is my first mmo without some sort of storage. Even a chest in each town would do. Maybe even a storage that let you share items between all your characters would be awesome.
Anyway let me know what you all think

Will never happen as long as they are selling inventory space for bits

Wolf
04-18-2013, 06:39 AM
plus I have a 123 blue SMG that is EXACTLY the same as a 476 >.>

That's something I'm not a huge fan of tbh. The game is fun and all but I don't really feel as if my character is progressing any. Are my ego 400+ weapons more bad @$$ than the ego 50 stuff I had to start. Well aside from some small bonuses not really. :/

And at ego 500 my character doesn't feel as if he's gotten anymore powerful or durable than I did when I started. And there's something basically wrong with that.

Ikagawa
04-18-2013, 06:49 AM
And there's something basically wrong with that.

For a shooter? No there isn't.

Wolf
04-18-2013, 07:16 AM
For a shooter? No there isn't.

A shooter thats supposed to be a mmofps with most of your time geared towards PVE so yeah there is. Borderlands is a shooter just like this one its just not online. And there's a very noticeable difference from being lvl1 to lvl20 in terms of power, damage dealt, and how much damage u can receive. Its just this game doesn't have a leveling system in the tradition sense. So its more like an online gears of war. Just giving some constructive criticism.

bigzeffdaddy
04-18-2013, 02:35 PM
Will never happen as long as they are selling inventory space for bits

i guess they got to make there money somewhere considering they don't have monthly fee. most mmo have some sort of monthly fee. Or say basic free world then elite pay world. So for that I def thank them. Even on ps3 DCUO originally had a monthly fee. Free to play now