PDA

View Full Version : I don't understand all the negativity towards Defiance.

Verios44
04-18-2013, 07:15 AM
I absolutely love Defisnce

I have played many hardcore MMO's in my day. Heck, I am a 2 year vet from EVE Online, you want to complain about bugs and issues, there are some bugs as old as the game itself. Thats 10 years. Defiance is a good game with a *** ton of potential. As any other MMO I have played, I fully expect not every patch to fix everything and I even expect them to add new bugs. That is just part of the MMO world.
What I don't understand is all the negativity. Defiance is a new type of MMO that is unique. I like that unique factor of it. I just wish all the console players, even some of the pc folks would give it a chance.

SgtScR3aM21
04-18-2013, 07:19 AM
theres still bugs in everquest and that game is old as dirt , its just these spoiled children expecting everything to be perfect. (parents shouldve never given them a ps3 to begin with)

Verios44
04-18-2013, 07:27 AM
I grew up in a household where we were restricted to play video games by our age like the ESRB guidelines suggest to do. I wish parents would not turn a blind eye to what there kids play. For example, I knew a kid at my old high school that used to play GTA when he was only 9 years old. Also, I rarely frequent forums but Defiance maybe my only exeption besides the usual crowd who type before thinking.

TechnoSausage
04-18-2013, 07:47 AM
Totally agree with OP! Hopefully Trion continue to listen to the community like they have so far and we all have a game we can continue to play for many years!!

The more bashing of the game and negativity people read only drives people away from the game and eventually it will kill the community.

Ive loved every minute of my Defiance experience so far, I only rented it to check it out but im straight to the shop to buy this once my rental finishes thats for sure!

Verios44
04-18-2013, 07:51 AM
Speaking of bashing, I have noticed that every so cslled "professional reviewer" has given Defiance 5/10 ish scores which are entirely unjustifyed. Now, I know IGN, Game spot are useless these days but I used to find Angry Joe to be fair most of the times and he hated on Defiance mostly because he got the patch hell issue where it wouldnt patch properly and raged from there. Now I trust no youtube review.

RoG Goat
04-18-2013, 07:51 AM
The negativity is from people NOT experiencing the potential, because potential doesn't solve NOW problems.
There is TOO MUCH room for potential right now... because right now, it sucks.

Kessler
04-18-2013, 08:13 AM
Unique at what cost? Once you finish the storyline what point is there to keep playing? In every other MMO your character constantly improves as you attain stronger and stronger gear, here the white guns you get from the second your feet touch the ground do as much damage as a legendary, minus mods.

OK mods I could see being something worth farming tons of hours for but then this games RNG kicks you in the ***. There are no loot tables, hell co-op mission bosses don't even have drops, so farm farm farm for the chance of a decent wep from a lock box and pray it has a good synergy on it. Even if it has a great synergy you then have to pray to the RNG gods that you get 4 of the right mods to actually activate the synergy. It boils down to odds similar to playing the lotto...too much RNG for such a minor upgrade when its all said and done.

I do like that classless skill trees, it opens the door for lots of unique builds although some of the perks are must haves which with a limited number of equipped perks, especially at lower levels, pigeon holes you quickly. If you grind your ego level to 4000 then 9 perks are available to you but again thats a lot of time spent for not a lot of reward.

I do like the way "grouping" works in open world. Not even having to be in a party with someone and have them be included in your quest is very nice. I love seeing a purple dot or two running my way when I am facing a particularly tough wave of mobs in a main/side quest.

There are some positives for this game but basically MMO's are massive time sinks and any fan of the genre is ok with that but there has to be at least some reward for the time spent. This game just does not have that reward and unless that changes I expect it will have a very short lifespan in the gaming market.

My quicky solution? Add vendors that you can buy guaranteed oranges from and the appropriate mods. Make them cost a crap ton of keycodes / reputation to get but at least have them attainable. Suddenly there is a light at the end of the grinding tunnel, a reason to keep playing.

SgtScR3aM21
04-18-2013, 08:30 AM
i dont mind if u quit playing , its not like your paying a monthly subscription im sure trion doesnt mind either. saves u the time of typing all your negativity too , its a win-win

Verios44
04-18-2013, 08:39 AM
Unique at what cost? Once you finish the storyline what point is there to keep playing? In every other MMO your character constantly improves as you attain stronger and stronger gear, here the white guns you get from the second your feet touch the ground do as much damage as a legendary, minus mods.

You do get progressively higher level gear. This hapens mostly through the weapon skills. The stats are the same to allow balsnce in PVP. Also, the storyline is progressive and so far we have only seen ACT I.

OK mods I could see being something worth farming tons of hours for but then this games RNG kicks you in the ***. There are no loot tables, hell co-op mission bosses don't even have drops, so farm farm farm for the chance of a decent wep from a lock box and pray it has a good synergy on it. Even if it has a great synergy you then have to pray to the RNG gods that you get 4 of the right mods to actually activate the synergy. It boils down to odds similar to playing the lotto...too much RNG for such a minor upgrade when its all said and done.

The co-op bosses are not supposed to drop loot. The purpose of these instances is to aquire keycodes and since random experiences soon will no longer drop keycodes, the reason to farm them will be for the keycodes. Yhis isnt Borderlands and its not supposed to be a loot fest. I do agree that lockboxes should have a higher rate for orange drops, eg teir 3 and 4 .

I do like that classless skill trees, it opens the door for lots of unique builds although some of the perks are must haves which with a limited number of equipped perks, especially at lower levels, pigeon holes you quickly. If you grind your ego level to 4000 then 9 perks are available to you but again thats a lot of time spent for not a lot of reward.

Not as much time as you think. I have hit 1 080 EGO so far and I dont even play every day. There is also no single mandory perk, they all are useful depending on playstyoe.

I do like the way "grouping" works in open world. Not even having to be in a party with someone and have them be included in your quest is very nice. I love seeing a purple dot or two running my way when I am facing a particularly tough wave of mobs in a main/side quest.

Grouping is nice but I personslly never group with randoms just my clan mates.

There are some positives for this game but basically MMO's are massive time sinks and any fan of the genre is ok with that but there has to be at least some reward for the time spent. This game just does not have that reward and unless that changes I expect it will have a very short lifespan in the gaming market.

Sounds like your not used to MMOs to me, guesses only exposure is WOW. This game does reward you just not in the usual style.

My quicky solution? Add vendors that you can buy guaranteed oranges from and the appropriate mods. Make them cost a crap ton of keycodes / reputation to get but at least have them attainable. Suddenly there is a light at the end of the grinding tunnel, a reason to keep playing.

Simply no. If they put a vendor that drops GURANTEED Oranges the wow factor of finding ine will be gone.

My comments are in BOLD

Facade
04-18-2013, 08:42 AM
The negativity is from people NOT experiencing the potential, because potential doesn't solve NOW problems.
There is TOO MUCH room for potential right now... because right now, it sucks.

Pretty much agree with this.
Don't get me wrong I really like this game so far aside from all the bugs, but at the moment this game can be downright infuriating when you are repeatedly turning off the console either to make it so you can communicate with friends or the game outright causing a hard lock. Out of the list, those are the 2 that get me the most.

Off topic: I can't help but laugh every time I see those damn goat pictures

SgtScR3aM21
04-18-2013, 08:46 AM
wheres the guy who was prescribing zoloft for these children yesterday?

Procloa
04-18-2013, 08:54 AM
All these idiots calling the majority of people who have a problem with this game children need to grow up themselves. Maybe instead of throwing out random insults to defend your precious video game you should realize that a lot of people spent their hard earned money on this game. Granted some people may complain too much but that's what they're entitled to because they bought the game just like everyone else. It only makes you look like the child when you insult someone and have no idea about their situation. Quit being ignorant and go do something productive with your lives.

6Strummer
04-18-2013, 08:55 AM
There are some positives for this game but basically MMO's are massive time sinks and any fan of the genre is ok with that but there has to be at least some reward for the time spent.

How many times did Trion say it was a shooter first and an MMO second? Maybe people who want a traditional MMO should play one. There are lots of them around. Trion wanted to make a game where the high level people couldn't dominate in PvP because of their high level gear. They said so from the start. Sometimes reading these forums it seems like many people didn't know what they were buying, but it was there to see for months in interviews, previews, and promotional materials. That goes for the progression/loot systems and the temporary content people are crying about now.

Trion made a TPS/MMO hybrid that's mostly TPS, and they were very clear that's what it would be, but many people weren't paying attention I guess.

SgtScR3aM21
04-18-2013, 09:07 AM
@ procloa its verychildish to complain and cause a fuss over a video game... on top of that keep that **** to yourself , acting like a child and *****ing and moaning on forums isnt going to solve anything. send the devs a message ingame or an email...

wilks
04-18-2013, 09:14 AM

I have played many hardcore MMO's in my day. Heck, I am a 2 year vet from EVE Online, you want to complain about bugs and issues, there are some bugs as old as the game itself. Thats 10 years. Defiance is a good game with a *** ton of potential. As any other MMO I have played, I fully expect not every patch to fix everything and I even expect them to add new bugs. That is just part of the MMO world.
What I don't understand is all the negativity. Defiance is a new type of MMO that is unique. I like that unique factor of it. I just wish all the console players, even some of the pc folks would give it a chance.

Since you don't understand customer complaints, it turns out i have a nice bridge to sell you. Just remember, no complaints.

Procloa
04-18-2013, 09:20 AM
@ procloa its verychildish to complain and cause a fuss over a video game... on top of that keep that **** to yourself , acting like a child and *****ing and moaning on forums isnt going to solve anything. send the devs a message ingame or an email...

I kept it civil and didn't attack anyone directly. My problem is with people like you that have a negative attitude towards anyone with an opinion you disagree with. You're the one acting like a child and I couldn't care less about debating about this game. The simple fact is that a lot of people have negative attitudes and take it out on a lot of people by calling them "children". When I see all that negativity I start thinking you have something mentally wrong with you. Next time you respond to someone how about having something to actually say rather than trying to cut the person down. If you don't like people's posts then simply don't read them. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and if you disagree maybe you should consider moving to a country that supports your beliefs.

Brillcs
04-18-2013, 09:45 AM
Here's what I'm seeing across all forums. Half of the posters love the game and understand that it takes time to fix all the issues that are going on. The other half are crying pretty much nonstop that the game has bug and glitches. To believe that an MMO is going to come out perfect upon it's release/first patch is so mind bogglingly stupid I can't fathom it. I think that some of you have extremely unrealistic expectations.

Solomon_Cato
04-18-2013, 09:49 AM
When I see all that negativity I start thinking you have something mentally wrong with you.

Are you a doctor? You know it's illegal to diagnose without the proper credentials.

Khufu
04-18-2013, 09:59 AM
Are you a doctor? You know it's illegal to diagnose without the proper credentials.

Is your dad going to sue his dad?

Solomon_Cato
04-18-2013, 10:01 AM
Is your dad going to sue his dad?

Nah, he doesn't associate with people who, when they take ******, grow taller.

Procloa
04-18-2013, 10:09 AM
Maybe if you knew the definitions of words you'd know what "thinking" means. Last time I checked it wasn't illegal to think something. I swear you people respond without reading sometimes.

Solomon_Cato
04-18-2013, 10:13 AM
Maybe if you knew the definitions of words you'd know what "thinking" means. Last time I checked it wasn't illegal to think something. I swear you people respond without reading sometimes.

Ha, most diagnoses are made on the assumption of a thought, especially in the world of mental health. How many shrinks do you think have said the exact same thing you have said. And in their world, that is a diagnosis.

Brillcs
04-18-2013, 10:14 AM
Yeah. This is just getting stupid now.

Procloa
04-18-2013, 10:19 AM
Ha, most diagnoses are made on the assumption of a thought, especially in the world of mental health. How many shrinks do you think have said the exact same thing you have said. And in their world, that is a diagnosis.
I didn't make a diagnosis and I never claimed to be a doctor so keep your delusions to yourself.

Verios44
04-18-2013, 10:20 AM
Great, and my thread goes down the drain, just what I wanted.

Solomon_Cato
04-18-2013, 10:20 AM
I didn't make a diagnosis and I never claimed to be a doctor so keep your delusions to yourself.

Then how can you say I am delusional?

RoG Goat
04-18-2013, 10:21 AM
Pretty much agree with this.
Don't get me wrong I really like this game so far aside from all the bugs, but at the moment this game can be downright infuriating when you are repeatedly turning off the console either to make it so you can communicate with friends or the game outright causing a hard lock. Out of the list, those are the 2 that get me the most.

Off topic: I can't help but laugh every time I see those damn goat pictures

Yup, I've been able to play for as long as I've wanted (one session).... never. Each time it either freezes, lags too much to play, or the servers are down. lol

And I'm glad you enjoy them :)

Procloa
04-18-2013, 10:21 AM
Yeah. This is just getting stupid now.
I agree and won't be responding to anymore posts because the general mentality of the people who I've responded to is starting to irritate me. I'll just say that it's nothing personal to anyone and I'd like to leave on a good note. We're all in the same boat anyways so it's useless to fight amongst ourselves.

SgtScR3aM21
04-18-2013, 10:24 AM
@ procloa so how mature/adult (whatever you are implying) is it to complain on the forums for attention? if the people who are on the forums , the people who like the game and want help , why would some1 post about how much they dislike the game other than for attention?

SgtScR3aM21
04-18-2013, 10:25 AM
and you are a mid "soft" to the child thing , are you mad because you've been called it so many times that you now realise you are in denial?

RoG Goat
04-18-2013, 10:32 AM
I really wish moderators were more swift with their post deleting/account suspensions.

>___>

SgtScR3aM21
04-18-2013, 10:33 AM
lol +1 for the goat

Solomon_Cato
04-18-2013, 10:34 AM
and you are a mid "soft" to the child thing , are you mad because you've been called it so many times that you now realise you are in denial?

HA! I can see it now, just like that Oklahoma State coach a couple years back, "I'M A MAN!! I'M 40!!"

SgtScR3aM21
04-18-2013, 10:35 AM
lol , soloman weren't u prescribing the zoloft yesterday?

damn nvm it was iress

Verios44
04-18-2013, 10:36 AM
I really wish moderators were more swift with their post deleting/account suspensions.

>___>

+1 to this. Even more tiresome when its your own thread and the discussion has gone completely off topic.

SgtScR3aM21
04-18-2013, 10:39 AM
lol sorry verios

Solomon_Cato
04-18-2013, 10:41 AM
+1 to this. Even more tiresome when its your own thread and the discussion has gone completely off topic.

The dangers of an open forum, everyone is lethal behind a keyboard. :cool:

Voxx_Altima364
04-18-2013, 10:42 AM
I personally love this game I love guild wars 2, wow, and swtor... that being said everyone who has been around for a mmo release should not only understand there are always server issues and game breaking bugs that will eventually be ironed out but they should also realize that there will always be haters no matter how good a game may or may not be

Fennador
04-18-2013, 10:44 AM
I kept it civil and didn't attack anyone directly. My problem is with people like you that have a negative attitude towards anyone with an opinion you disagree with. You're the one acting like a child and I couldn't care less about debating about this game. The simple fact is that a lot of people have negative attitudes and take it out on a lot of people by calling them "children". When I see all that negativity I start thinking you have something mentally wrong with you. Next time you respond to someone how about having something to actually say rather than trying to cut the person down. If you don't like people's posts then simply don't read them. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and if you disagree maybe you should consider moving to a country that supports your beliefs.

There is nothing wrong with telling Trion when you find bugs and problems with the game. You post bugs and other things in this section of the forum. http://forums.defiance.com/forumdisplay.php?33-Tech-Support-Bug-Reports-and-Issues You can also report bugs and problems in game through the ego popup! The problem most people have are when people come into this part of the forum and post long winded hateful rants that sound very childish. I find it funny that in your your post you attack people for being negative and then start telling them that they have something mentally wrong with them.

Trusouljah
04-18-2013, 11:51 AM
why all the negativity? Well maybe Gamers are just tired of getting ripped off buying broken games? This games been out for 2 weeks and people are getting sick of it and going back to former games. Theres not much end game to defiance, or something to keep you playing. What potential is promised, when your mostly focusing on fixing your broken mistakes. What will improve, what will become worse? What can Trion accomplish, or will they abandon Defiance in 9 months like most developers do when they realize their effort and work is going no where, Is defiance set up for its own extinction?

Jardian
04-18-2013, 12:01 PM
Well people are being negative because trion has taken on a rather large project. And in the past two weeks have proven they do not have the man power to make it happen correctly. Nothing new should have been rolled out till the Base code and game was atleast playable for more then 24 hours. It isnt. Patchs need to happen across the board at the same time to keep people from feeling like they are getting shafted. This isnt happening either. They are pulling back from answering threads and posting updates on issues. Very bad move. You got CM's more worried about upcoming question and answer sessions and care nothing about the community being up in arms about this crap.

So really looking over everything the only fault with this Lies with Trion being clueless how to handle things on 3 platforms.

Verios44
04-18-2013, 12:15 PM
Well people are being negative because trion has taken on a rather large project. And in the past two weeks have proven they do not have the man power to make it happen correctly. Nothing new should have been rolled out till the Base code and game was atleast playable for more then 24 hours. It isnt. Patchs need to happen across the board at the same time to keep people from feeling like they are getting shafted. This isnt happening either. They are pulling back from answering threads and posting updates on issues. Very bad move. You got CM's more worried about upcoming question and answer sessions and care nothing about the community being up in arms about this crap.

So really looking over everything the only fault with this Lies with Trion being clueless how to handle things on 3 platforms.

Haters will be haters...nuff said

Giles
04-18-2013, 12:21 PM
I stopped reading posts in this thread about halfway through, because it became the generic "We want perfection now your opinion is stupid and you're mentally challenged for thinking otherwise" nonsense, but here are my thoughts on..stuff.

The game does have tons and tons of great potential, and i've also been playing MMOs, and pretty much everything else for as long as I can remember. I have seen far worse releases on far worse games, and they're still alive. People are truly spoiled by nature, and forum communities are a fantastic place to go if you want to drown in strong opinions and hate to any developer, or even publisher in some cases.

I'm having an absolute blast, and i'm also fully aware of all of the flaws the game currently has but will I whine and threaten to quit? No, of course not. This is not a creation of God or Gods, and testing a game will never prepare it for actual launch. You want a perfect game? Don't buy new games. If you expect it to happen..ever, you can expect frequent disappointment. Developers need time to create and release patches. Sony having to approve of a patch is nothing new, and you would think people would be aware of that rather than create threads acting like it's a personal attack that you aren't being personally attended to asap.

We're all entitled to our opinions, but it's my opinion that it's all that we're entitled to. Not perfection or an expectation that the more you complain about the flaws, the harder they'l work on them. Some of the things i've read are just plain funny.

Anyway, end of my rant. I am a satisfied customer, and thank all others who express their positive feedback. Even if it does get buried instantly.

Verios44
04-18-2013, 12:24 PM
I stopped reading posts in this thread about halfway through, because it became the generic "We want perfection now your opinion is stupid and you're mentally challenged for thinking otherwise" nonsense, but here are my thoughts on..stuff.

The game does have tons and tons of great potential, and i've also been playing MMOs, and pretty much everything else for as long as I can remember. I have seen far worse releases on far worse games, and they're still alive. People are truly spoiled by nature, and forum communities are a fantastic place to go if you want to drown in strong opinions and hate to any developer, or even publisher in some cases.

I'm having an absolute blast, and i'm also fully aware of all of the flaws the game currently has but will I whine and threaten to quit? No, of course not. This is not a creation of God or Gods, and testing a game will never prepare it for actual launch. You want a perfect game? Don't buy new games. If you expect it to happen..ever, you can expect frequent disappointment. Developers need time to create and release patches. Sony having to approve of a patch is nothing new, and you would think people would be aware of that rather than create threads acting like it's a personal attack that you aren't being personally attended to asap.

We're all entitled to our opinions, but it's my opinion that it's all that we're entitled to. Not perfection or an expectation that the more you complain about the flaws, the harder they'l work on them. Some of the things i've read are just plain funny.

Anyway, end of my rant. I am a satisfied customer, and thank all others who express their positive feedback. Even if it does get buried instantly.

Wow, actually a non troll response, thankyou!!! You looking for a clan? Corruption is always open for new members and we are mostly made up of mmo vets who understand how the process works and are also enjoying the game.

Giles
04-18-2013, 12:27 PM
Wow, actually a non troll response, thankyou!!! You looking for a clan? Corruption is always open for new members and we are mostly made up of mmo vets who understand how the process works and are also enjoying the game.

I'm actually in a small one, Loot Lovers, right now. The leader and two other members are awesome, so I can't leave. :P But add my PSN ID and we can get together and shoot things, more friends are always welcome.

Verios44
04-18-2013, 12:29 PM
I'm actually in a small one, Loot Lovers, right now. The leader and two other members are awesome, so I can't leave. :P But add my PSN ID and we can get together and shoot things, more friends are always welcome.

Cool, my psn is Verios44 . Go ahead and add. Wont be able to accept til late Friday ( est) though. Away from home until then.

Giles
04-18-2013, 12:33 PM
Alright, added. Looking forward to seeing you in-game. :)

Facade
04-18-2013, 12:33 PM
Not everyone that is complaining wants a perfect game, well that's a lie, that would be awesome but will NEVER happen. Some just want it to be able to at least be able to log in and play with and communicate with friends without having to restart their console 4-5x a night between being forced to restart to reestablish the VOIP connection and just all out disconnects/freezes/hard locks.

I would actually be completely fine with all the issues they currently have now if I and everyone I game with didn't have to repeatedly completely restart the console multiple times a night just so we can talk to each other.

Giles
04-18-2013, 12:40 PM
These things take time to fix, and sometimes more than one attempt to fix them though. This game has been out how long? I doubt they meant for this to happen and i'm sure they're working on it. It's their job as much as mine was to serve people at the last restaurant job I worked. I guess my point in saying that is, they're human and need time. Not to sound like a complete "carebear" I guess the term would be, but it's pretty crazy how rushed people are expecting things. I mean it really would be nice to instantly have these things fixed but come on lol

Facade
04-18-2013, 12:42 PM
These things take time to fix, and sometimes more than one attempt to fix them though. This game has been out how long? I doubt they meant for this to happen and i'm sure they're working on it. It's their job as much as mine was to serve people at the last restaurant job I worked. I guess my point in saying that is, they're human and need time. Not to sound like a complete "carebear" I guess the term would be, but it's pretty crazy how rushed people are expecting things. I mean it really would be nice to instantly have these things fixed but come on lol

Indeed, but I don't exactly get a warm & fuzzy feeling when they can't even figure out how to patch the correct color on armor.

BTW, believe it or not I actually really enjoy this game, but god damn if it isn't frustrating and pressing on my last nerve at times with it's issues.

Giles
04-18-2013, 12:47 PM
Indeed, but I don't exactly get a warm & fuzzy feeling when they can't even figure out how to patch the correct color on armor.

Yeah that's not a comforting thing to hear. I hope they can manage to get Shadow Wars functional, considering the mess of freezing and loading that it is now. I have a few ideas of things they could remove to help but i'm sure they've got their own too.

Edit*: The armor thing reminds me of how my bike from entering the codes on the site changes colors at random, even while riding. I'm not sure it's supposed to do that but it's kinda cool :P

Madavik
04-18-2013, 01:25 PM
Two words. Well.. One word and an anagram. Console MMO. Of course its going to have problems launching. People just get upset when they do an arkfall for 30 minutes and then get d/c'd. Worse things happened in World of Warcraft. Mop up your tears people. If you hate this game, why are you still logging in to defiance.com?

ewen1972
04-18-2013, 03:41 PM
I guess I've been kinda lucky, apart from once where it took me 10 goes to get on the server the worse thing that's happened is I equip a gun and it takes a few seconds to appear.
I'm really enjoying playing this but it's also my first mmo so I didn't/still don't know what I was expecting to get, but it's fun and enjoyable so that works for me

Tesukyro
04-18-2013, 03:59 PM
The game had so much going for it! But the lack of communication and updates will not help this game at all, I seriously don't think they have accomplished what they had wished for, did they even have a in house QA team? Was there not a alpha and beta phase for the game? Because they got nothing out of it, well I could go on and on but the metracritic score says it all 57 out of 100, I say no more. I really enjoyed this game from start to finish, won't be seeing no new content for awhile which is a shame i cant just do arkfalls or coop play while they take ages to iron all the bugs out, which for the ps3 version could be months going by the recent patch, I have only one thing left for this game and that's to get the platinum once the add the last competive map back in , shame "our relationship could have been better you deserve a refund" joke... But that's my opinion guys.

FNL4EVA23
04-18-2013, 04:16 PM
Speaking of bashing, I have noticed that every so cslled "professional reviewer" has given Defiance 5/10 ish scores which are entirely unjustifyed. Now, I know IGN, Game spot are useless these days but I used to find Angry Joe to be fair most of the times and he hated on Defiance mostly because he got the patch hell issue where it wouldnt patch properly and raged from there. Now I trust no youtube review.

you only got that part of his bad and good points go watch again.

As for game 2 weeks and just gets worse still no ce content that was advertised and cs waste of time. I hate how people only see one side very sad indeed. 5/10 is what this game deserves AT this point. Fan boys deserve 1/10

FNL4EVA23
04-18-2013, 04:23 PM
Two words. Well.. One word and an anagram. Console MMO. Of course its going to have problems launching. People just get upset when they do an arkfall for 30 minutes and then get d/c'd. Worse things happened in World of Warcraft. Mop up your tears people. If you hate this game, why are you still logging in to defiance.com?

When they spend real money on bits just to get d/c and lose them and cs will not help? Never getting ce content that was promised and cs will not help? Nope we have nothing to cry about like you crying about the cryers. I think some people need to stop gaming and go outside more often in the real world.

Giles
04-18-2013, 05:11 PM
This thread has once again become disappointing. Here's an idea in all seriousness, Not trying to be a jerk but.. If the game doesn't have enough content for you, or you're just so fed up with the current state of things that you need to repeatedly complain about it and aren't having any fun, take a break. Come back in a month. I guarantee your progress will still be here, and enough time will have passed for some patches to come through :P

Two weeks is not at all a realistic time frame for a brand new game to release "new content", not to mention they do have a lot to fix. If they release new content now, i'm pretty sure it would just be a train wreck as it smashes into currently existing problems causing an even larger outcry. And as for anything that will be paid DLC, the game really did just come out..

So really, consider taking a break if something is really ruining your fun. I don't understand the self torture if the game is so horrible to some people, or so boring but there's a gun to your head if you give the developers enough time to handle anything. xD
I know you paid real money, and you want it now, but you aren't getting it now. All good things come to those who wait..

Stoned Soldier
04-18-2013, 05:16 PM
theres still bugs in everquest and that game is old as dirt , its just these spoiled children expecting everything to be perfect. (parents shouldve never given them a ps3 to begin with)
100% agree. I am original Eq player all the way up to Dragons of Norrath and yeah it still has bugs/glitches but not really disconnects. **** last I played those games don't have voice chat unless you get software to use amongst friends and clan members.

doublej45
04-18-2013, 05:54 PM

I agree, this game is awesome. I knew when I bought it there would probably be issues, but they will get fixed. People shouldn't be so quick to judge a two week old game. Even non mmo games have their flaws (Skyrim was terrible at first, but they fixed it in time). I can't wait to see what the future of Defiance holds.

TheNeoReaper
04-18-2013, 09:11 PM

Unique? Its nothing more than a clone of borderlands.

Giles
04-18-2013, 09:35 PM
I wasn't aware that you could interact with nearly a hundred people at the same time in Borderlands, or enjoy a new un-washed out universe full of interesting races and lore. The robots here aren't an obnoxious fanservice either XD I much much prefer this, and it's many qualities that aren't at all a clone of Borderlands. lol Unless you're talking about the general RPG elements, in which case let me just start listing every successful action RPG that was ever created like it's an insult to compare good games to one another.

Sheesh.