PDA

View Full Version : Arkfall Leaderboard ?

fullofbull
04-18-2013, 08:27 AM
Can someone tell me what the point of the leader board is at the end of a arkfall, other than seeing who did most damage and kills, or is that the only point of it?

LALLY
04-18-2013, 08:28 AM
Can someone tell me what the point of the leader board is at the end of a arkfall, other than seeing who did most damage and kills, or is that the only point of it?

whats the point in a leader board at the end of cod showing who got the most kills?

The Notorious Crunchwrap
04-18-2013, 08:35 AM
Who doesn't love to flaunt their e-peen, I guess.

YellowTM
04-18-2013, 08:37 AM
Also useful to find out what idiots are still killing the wrong things... So you can quietly hate them. Also good way to see who kicks *** and maybe check out their loadout/build if you're low and don't like it.

and as previously stated * , of course, gotta flop that epeen now and then.

MRE
04-18-2013, 08:43 AM
In San Francisco i ONCE achieved the top of the leader board out of seventeen players at the Arkfall event. Oh how that stroked my Ego. No really, Ego said lots of nice things about me! Yeah but really thats all its about, loads of times its so inaccurate its laughable. It once credited me with sixty kills when all i did was turn up as the end sequence rolled out. lol :) Take it for what it is.

Bobsy84
04-18-2013, 09:24 AM
I've done several major arkfalls and am sure there was atleast 30-40 players there maybe more but that scoreboard only lists 20 is that a bug? Or does it only show the top 20?

Dodece
04-18-2013, 10:01 AM
Primarily it has to do with bragging rights, but it would be nice if it had more tangible results. I have come in first countless times, and routinely finish in the top five if I get there soon enough. Which I usually do. Of coarse that really isn't anything to brag about. A lot of players use the events as a opportunity to grind weapons which just aren't that useful throughout the rest of the game.

I think the events are reaching a kind of tipping point now. The more experienced players become the more their uselessness becomes apparent. They really aren't the best place to grind. There are better places to grind points both weapon specific and general. Not to mention there are a lot of repeatable instances that dwarf the payouts, and the key codes offered up at the end to the events.

If maybe the loot table for finishing higher were better then most people would really care about how they did.

Draaconis
04-18-2013, 10:10 AM
I use it to make sure I'm getting the most out of my loadouts. If one is way down on the board while I was in the Ark Fall from the beginning, it tells me I need to adjust it.

JBOOTH1838
04-18-2013, 10:11 AM
I've had similar issues. Once i sat cleaning my inventory the entire arkfall and took first with around 1 mil damage along with a huge number of kills and revives.