PDA

View Full Version : My Ideas for Holiday Events

Thee Apothecary
03-18-2013, 06:35 AM
Easter: All hellbugs become multi coloured and look like easter eggs that fight back aim is to collect as many as possible, more collect more rewards maybe you get tickets to spend on stuff

Halloween: The Headless Hellbug (a massive headless glowing hellbug, the aim is for a server to kill it and you get showered in outfits and goodys like candy etc)

Christmas: Santa has a sleigh pulled by hellbugs, (you can follow him and he drops presents (christmas arkfalls) before being blown out the sky by an arkfall and there is a unique christmas arkfall there, you fight and some people might get a rare vehicle sleigh drop that they can use as there vehicle (no flying vo)

New Years, basicly a huge fire work festival

Add yours below...

Odinswolf
03-18-2013, 07:06 AM
St.Patricks Day all hellbugs become highly aggressive due to extreme intoxication

Thee Apothecary
03-18-2013, 07:08 AM
St.Patricks Day all hellbugs become highly aggressive due to extreme intoxication

and there green

Odinswolf
03-18-2013, 07:18 AM
Forgot about that lol

Thee Apothecary
03-18-2013, 07:19 AM
Forgot about that lol

and lepricorns could ride them

DarkKnyt29
03-18-2013, 07:20 AM
Thanksgiving: a major arkfall events starts bringing everyone to see a long table with hellbugs sitting at it for two minutes. After the two minutes, a major arkfall crystal lands on it and the fight begins. Everyone gets a cornucopia of loot once its defeated

Thee Apothecary
03-18-2013, 08:41 AM
sounds cool DK

Kroesis
03-18-2013, 08:57 AM
Remembrance day... Landscape is covered in blood red poppies.

DJTrig
03-18-2013, 09:02 AM
Valentines day:-you get a card in your inventory and the poems could be clues that lead to the NPC that sent it.If you find them they give you a present,maybe a cupid costume or just an outfit with a love heart t-shirt.

Paladin
03-18-2013, 09:07 AM
Black Friday: Everything in shop 40% off and hordes of hellbugs invade safe spots.

Thee Apothecary
03-18-2013, 09:23 AM
Black Friday: Everything in shop 40% off and hordes of hellbugs invade safe spots.

whats black friday im from uk

Vuule
03-18-2013, 09:24 AM
Dooms Dag (Dec 21) - Random deaths.

DarkKnyt29
03-18-2013, 09:24 AM

Black Friday is a big shopping day in the US where different stores have really good sales on products like 60% reduction of retail price. However, Paladin's suggestion sounds much darker and the opposite of the "good" Black Friday haha

Paladin
03-18-2013, 09:25 AM

A horrible day invented by Corporations where everything you can think of is sold for 40% or more off and you must storm to the stores at midnight in a crowd of thousands....its FUN:D

DJTrig
03-18-2013, 09:26 AM
In-game holidays.

Anniversary of THE arkfall:-special arkfall events through the day with some unique rewards including a "I woz there" t-shirt.

Anniversary of first contact:-dance party,join in for a couple of minutes to recieve an "I (heart) aliens" t-shirt.Anybody that doesn't join in by a certain time gets a "Go home scum" t-shirt.

Annual bring your pet to work day:-we all get a pet hellbug.

Defiances birthday:-we get a present shaped quad.

DarkKnyt29
03-18-2013, 09:27 AM
A horrible day invented by Corporations where everything you can think of is sold for 40% or more off and you must storm to the stores at midnight in a crowd of thousands....its FUN:D

Haha thats absolutely correct too

Thee Apothecary
03-18-2013, 09:28 AM
An addition to christmas idea, what about if we all get given a present and you may get lucky each year there would be a unique coloured hellbug as a vehicle you could get, but you have to be lucky. maybe you could also trade the hellbug vehicle

DarkKnyt29
03-18-2013, 11:35 AM
An addition to christmas idea, what about if we all get given a present and you may get lucky each year there would be a unique coloured hellbug as a vehicle you could get, but you have to be lucky. maybe you could also trade the hellbug vehicle

Thats not a bad idea at all. I am curious to see what the devs do have planned for the various holidays

Desidus
03-18-2013, 11:40 AM

You might get lucky mixed with colored hellbug doesn't sound lucky at all... Just sayin..

Tr3nch
03-18-2013, 11:40 AM

This one..

Arysse
03-18-2013, 11:43 AM
For Black Friday, you should have to fight off wave after wave of insane shoppers inside a supply base. Mutants shopping for bargains is always fun.

Rarodil
03-18-2013, 11:44 AM
I'd much rather see their own new holidays. Depending on how thoroughly destroyed the world is, many of our holidays would lose their meaning.

Archangel
03-18-2013, 11:48 AM
Holidays really should be in game dungeons. Make an instance that has a theme to match the holiday.

Christmas - snow zone with hellbugs that look like reindeer and mutants that look like elves.
St. Patrick's Day - Green area with leprechaun and drunk mutants.
Thanksgiving - Turkeys out for revenge.
Winter Solstice - Night event, Special Winter Ark fall only occurs at night and drops special loot. Siphon elemental mobs.
Summer Solstice - Day event, Special Summer Ark fall only occurs during the day time with special loot. Fire elemental mobs.

I could go on and on. But they could be world events or dungeons that you small group of friends can do over and over.

Akado
03-18-2013, 11:55 AM
April 1st, the sky turns as if an Arkfall is coming but it never does.

Tr3nch
03-18-2013, 12:10 PM
I'd much rather see their own new holidays. Depending on how thoroughly destroyed the world is, many of our holidays would lose their meaning.

^^^ I would rather it be more realistic to the world the characters live in. Our holidays today would either be non-existant or have entirely different importance in the world where Defiance takes place.

All of this reindeer/easter bugs/leprechauns, I mean, come on. Most of the people that are living in this time frame don't have a clue what any of those are in the first place. Talk about ruining the immersion..

Some of the bigger holidays, like Christmas for instance, may still exsist but the story and lore around Christmas is fundamentally different. No Santa Clause or little elves and certainly no reindeer. But the idea of coming together and gift sharing might still exist. We have to remember this is a post-apocolyptic world forever mutated by alien fauna and life forms..

Arinzal
03-18-2013, 12:11 PM
Christmas we can fight Santa Arkfalls and elf hell bugs. Easter we Fight Easter bunny hellbugs.

Arysse
03-18-2013, 12:14 PM
The point of these events would be to have fun and a break from the normal. It's not about immersion, just fun. Plenty of games have Christmas events that don't fit. That's the point. People need to stop being so serious.

Tr3nch
03-18-2013, 12:15 PM
Christmas we can fight Santa Arkfalls and elf hell bugs. Easter we Fight Easter bunny hellbugs.

sigh... /facepalm..

Tr3nch
03-18-2013, 12:16 PM
The point of these events would be to have fun and a break from the normal. It's not about immersion, just fun. Plenty of games have Christmas events that don't fit. That's the point. People need to stop being so serious.

Thats why I want to play a game that exists in a different world, so that I don't have to see the same crap in the real world. Its not being too serious, its being real to the escape that is the game world.

All of this reindeer/easter bugs/leprechauns, I mean, come on. Most of the people that are living in this time frame don't have a clue what any of those are in the first place. Talk about ruining the immersion.....

One more important note about these things.. I highly doubt we will see these running around on the Defiance tv show..

Rarodil
03-18-2013, 12:42 PM

And when immersion is fun?