PDA

View Full Version : Gun stats....MMO aspect needs help plz read

Nycturis
04-18-2013, 10:29 AM
I think that since the guns have base stats this is a few suggesstions that can make this situation better. One is you could make it so that guns get bonus to base stats based on the ego rating out side of pvp and that ppl in pvp go back to each gun having the same base stats with mods in affect. Also since the guns do have base stats and if its hard to makes stats change weather in pve mode or pvp how about making mods actually be random drops from mobs and bosses. Like compleatly random with harder enimies able to drop high rank mods and make the percentage of drop rate and qualty of drop be based off ego rating/enimies difficutly. I believe this is two ways to be able to fix the need i and so many others have of the aspect of custimization and loot exploring that is so needed in MMOs.

Era
04-18-2013, 10:31 AM
Showing results for MMORPG
Search instead for MMOTPS

ChaosOneX
04-18-2013, 10:40 AM
I'm sorry... I tried, but you really need to try to structure your statement and paragraph that lends itself to being read.

Not trying to sound mean, just helpful.

and Era, where is your avatar from?

fang1192
04-18-2013, 10:46 AM
how about you use the suggestion forum.

Nycturis
04-18-2013, 10:48 AM
lol...i wanted some feedback also on the idea. iv posted this in three areas just listening to my peeps opinions. im not saying this is what they need to do mearly wana see if anyone eles has the same idea or has opinions like this that affect the MMO aspect of loot hunting and grinding and actually developing and char outside of pvp is all

Era
04-18-2013, 10:58 AM
I'm sorry... I tried, but you really need to try to structure your statement and paragraph that lends itself to being read.

Not trying to sound mean, just helpful.

and Era, where is your avatar from?

Love Letter by Erect Sawaru. It's ******. And it took a lot of self control to say that instead of just letting you google it on your own.

Edit: Why would you censor that?!? It's pr0n.

ChaosOneX
04-18-2013, 11:07 AM
Love Letter by Erect Sawaru. It's ******. And it took a lot of self control to say that instead of just letting you google it on your own.

Edit: Why would you censor that?!? It's pr0n.

ah, I see. lol

Crunchyblack
04-18-2013, 11:11 AM
I like where this thread is going!

OP: horrible idea stop posting about it.

ChaosOneX
04-18-2013, 11:13 AM
I like where this thread is going!

OP: horrible idea stop posting about it.

no need to be rude. I may not agree with you, but I don't have to adopt the mob mentality about it, do I?

I'm not a fan of what's being proposed, but...

PseudoCool
04-18-2013, 11:15 AM
People need to STOP demanding RPG elements in a TPS game... MMO means NOTHING for how a game is played or designed other than being available to millions of people. Those little 3 letters at the end.. THOSE are what tell you the type of game, and the games are NOT the same by any stretch of the means.

Jestunhi
04-18-2013, 12:03 PM
Vertical progression is not and has never been a requirement for MMOs. Nor even for RPGs, although it's common for them.

You know what increased player stats means? Increased mob stats. End result? The combat is exactly the same, only now you are forced to have a certain level of equipment to take on certain content as it is balanced around a character with the appropriate gear.

So the end result is as follows:

1. Bigger numbers in your character window.
2. Artificial content gating.

Nycturis
04-19-2013, 07:08 AM
i see i see......i kinda understand....to me tho i love the character creation the loot hunting and the excitement of finding the most rare items....i dont want them to make it so this boss drops this mod...just compleatly random on who drops what....that way you go hunting and exploring the depths even more.....just wanted a more pve aspect to the game vs just going and compleating pursuits than never wanting to do that instance again due to the fact of...why....why eles do you need to go there...i want a dungion loot experience is all....im sorry if you all thought i was trying to change the aspect of the game...as far as pvp i love the way it works

Tgreen
04-19-2013, 07:19 AM
Rare items (purple and orange) have more and quite impactful stats.
And I start seeing larger bonuses on items, such as -.50 aim etc.

Base stats remain the same all through the game and it will never change, since the entire character development is based on fixed base stats.