PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone else get...

Xyr3s
04-18-2013, 10:46 AM
an email??? saying lockboxes are hot this week??? and that they contain better than normal gear??? is that y this whole time.... we have been grinding our ***** off??... to get schtako -,- if so is this only if u buy from the store???? or if u buy for keycodes???? seriously..... fix the chat and the PC UI before trying to start the money sink -,- i mean what were u guys over at trion thinking???? have none of u seen any reviews the entire gaming community out there has been making????

this whole thing confuses the schtako out of me : /

Cynical Jester
04-18-2013, 10:50 AM
No... Sure you didn't get some kind of scam mail wanting you to buy it from some third party site? Have a SS of the e-mail?

greatdividers
04-18-2013, 10:50 AM
an email??? saying lockboxes are hot this week??? and that they contain better than normal gear??? is that y this whole time.... we have been grinding our ***** off??... to get schtako -,- if so is this only if u buy from the store???? or if u buy for keycodes???? seriously..... fix the chat and the PC UI before trying to start the money sink -,- i mean what were u guys over at trion thinking???? have none of u seen any reviews the entire gaming community out there has been making????

nope, definitely didn't get that email. sounds like spam/keylogger/virus type material to me but who knows.

armedpoop
04-18-2013, 10:52 AM

Can you??? use more????? question marks please???????????????????????????????????

No but that definantly sounds like some keylogging bs to me.
Where did the email come from?

Sull
04-18-2013, 10:55 AM
I received that email about 5 minutes ago also.

greatdividers
04-18-2013, 10:57 AM
so what defiance related sites have you guys given your email to that aren't official?

Jackobite
Worry where they are getting your email... if its the mail you use for the game consider changing it.

Sajin
Yeah...I don't ideally cuss but ****ing bad move Trion. Few weeks late of April fools

greatdividers
04-18-2013, 10:59 AM
Yeah...I don't ideally cuss but ****ing bad move Trion. Few weeks short of April fools

huh? it's not actually trion sending these emails or everyone would get them. most likely the people getting them used that email address for a non-official-trion site and are now getting spam.

Zandiya
04-18-2013, 11:02 AM
Yep just received it also.
Tier 4 lockboxes and announcement of the Night Stalker and Drifter outfits.

Oh noes... I must be hacked!

...dorks

Epton
04-18-2013, 11:05 AM
Why cant it be trion i got the email aswell theres no links to buy them its just a pure advert, also advertises 2 new outfits.

Sajin
huh? it's not actually trion sending these emails or everyone would get them. most likely the people getting them used that email address for a non-official-trion site and are now getting spam.

Heh no....just no.

Xyr3s
here u go :)

http://i46.tinypic.com/2dkeh6s.jpg

http://i48.tinypic.com/5pognn.jpg

Vilyn117
Its a legit email.

Cynical Jester
04-18-2013, 11:12 AM
Its a legit email.

Ouch... I have a feeling this one might leave a sour taste in some peoples mouth.. Especially the ones that bought a bunch of tier 4s when they were buggy(or weren't and just found out tier 3s were better in terms of turnover) ..

Also curios to what the "More/Unique" is.. Only thing they didn't include was grenades in terms of what we could already get... Outfits or Vehicles maybe..?

Still ouch..

Tayce
04-18-2013, 11:14 AM
As far as I can tell. The extra loot in the boxes are only if you buy with Bits, not ingame currency.

Sajin
04-18-2013, 11:16 AM
Yeah they're saying buy bits and get this basically....

Cynical Jester
04-18-2013, 11:16 AM
As far as I can tell. The extra loot in the boxes are only if you buy with Bits, not ingame currency.

Yea, that's what I gathered to from the fine print.. Hence the sourness..

Then it also leaves the question of.. Did they change the chance percentage between tier 3 / 4? Pretty big gamble when your already gambling.

hardy83
04-18-2013, 11:17 AM
Yes it's legit. It's just a newsletter promoting the store.

There's two new costumes too. One of them is that costume in the promo material that a bunch of people wanted.

Brunlea
04-18-2013, 11:21 AM
Excellent, so either grind or just buy. I hate those type of games.

hardy83
04-18-2013, 11:24 AM
Oh, after looking at the pictures, it's not exactly like that trenchcoat one. It's really close though. It basically doesn't have the long coat and there's some extra stuff on the lower half of the leg.

Odizac
04-18-2013, 11:27 AM
it's a trion email I got one too

Panthan
04-18-2013, 11:39 AM
Screenshot looks like it could be real but still doesnt mean it is. Im not even ruling out that it is real but I find it odd that some people have gotten it an soo many did not. News like that ussually goes paired with on-site promotions and francly I havent seen it.
Im curious who the sender is

Sajin
04-18-2013, 11:41 AM
Screenshot looks like it could be real but still doesnt mean it is. Im not even ruling out that it is real but I find it odd that some people have gotten it an soo many did not. News like that ussually goes paired with on-site promotions and francly I havent seen it.
Im curious who the sender is

defiance@email.triongames.com <- sender email them yourself and ask why you don't get one

Eisberg
04-18-2013, 11:43 AM
I didn't get the email either. very strange.

Evilution
04-18-2013, 11:43 AM
Oh man, I bought drifter last night, but I also bought a couple of t4 because I have enough inventory already and thought I'd take a chance lol. Got junk and now they buffed it haha :p

Hope499
04-18-2013, 11:44 AM
Yeah they're saying buy bits and get this basically....

Really??? Wow thats rough Trion...should be with bits or ingame....

Not a nice gesture imo...

Sajin
04-18-2013, 11:47 AM
Really??? Wow thats rough Trion...should be with bits or ingame....

Not a nice gesture imo...

Yup they should have been like. "Once we get the game to where the majority of the community can play for more than an hour think about buying these items!"

Napalm Sunrise
04-18-2013, 11:49 AM
That drifter armor looks like a RESKIN of the Preacher Harmony outfit earned from Co Op Explosions 101. The one the chick is wearing is a RESKIN of the Rebel Journalist outfit or at at least EXTREMELY close to it. but I think it's the exact same. Just FYI.

Zandiya
04-18-2013, 11:51 AM
The one the chick is wearing is a RESKIN of the Rebel Journalist outfit or at at least EXTREMELY close to it. but I think it's the exact same. Just FYI.

It is.
My character wears the Rebel Journalist.

Omnifarious Xji
04-18-2013, 11:56 AM

...dorks
Yup, I just got mine as well.

Panthan
04-18-2013, 11:57 AM
defiance@email.triongames.com <- sender email them yourself and ask why you don't get one

Like I said Im not ruling out anything but its strange all around, why do some people get the email and some dont.
Then again I havent had problems with the few t4 boxes Ive gotten.

Wolf
04-18-2013, 12:00 PM
I got the same email. Its strange cos going by that it is saying buy a tier 4 box and get awesome loot. But I've never got anything bwtter than some blues items. And they weren't all blue either! Maybe 2 green and 2 blues something like that. Although I've only bought them with resources not bits.

Evilution
04-18-2013, 12:00 PM
Like I said Im not ruling out anything but its strange all around, why do some people get the email and some dont.
Then again I havent had problems with the few t4 boxes Ive gotten.I have the email and it's the same email address that I received emails saying I received my arkfall codes, defiance servers are up on release, got free boosts and defiance tv show premier is showing.

Thunderclap
04-18-2013, 12:01 PM
Yes, so I got bits and got 2 level 4s and a level 2. The level two had a fragger and a blaster in it. The 2 fours had 2 rocket launchers (one blue and one green, blue has melee green and clip mod) a orange sniper with a scope mod, a blue detonator with a ammo mod, a pistol similar to the one nolan had, a flash gren another biogrenade and a respark

jvp
04-18-2013, 12:01 PM

...dorks

Is your avatar from Eye of Judgment? I've seen it before.

Sajin
04-18-2013, 12:12 PM
Then again I havent had problems with the few t4 boxes Ive gotten.
Regions, time defferences them finding out sending it to everyone is BAD so they pulled it, hackers got into your email and deleted it before you could see it....vampires sucked your blood and you're actually one of them and in fact you actually received it but can't remember. So many possibilities. Endless really.

Zandiya
04-18-2013, 12:12 PM
Is your avatar from Eye of Judgment? I've seen it before.

Yes
Aluhja Priestess

CapN CooK 420
04-18-2013, 12:13 PM
Hahahhaha everyone just intsantly thinks its a virus or a hacker when its from trion.... You guys are hilarious! Yes trion is trying to hack you all so you can't play. Makes total sense.

jvp
04-18-2013, 12:15 PM
Yes
Aluhja Priestess

Nice.

I used to print out cards at work using card stock, and then use a yellow highlighter to turn the green sections of the card neon green so the game would recognize them, lol.

Sajin
04-18-2013, 12:17 PM
Hahahhaha everyone just intsantly thinks its a virus or a hacker when its from trion.... You guys are hilarious! Yes trion is trying to hack you all so you can't play. Makes total sense.

I know.. create a game that will hardly let you on then send you crap to buy that you can't bc you can't get on! Mad geniuses I say!

Panthan
04-18-2013, 12:55 PM
I have the email and it's the same email address that I received emails saying I received my arkfall codes, defiance servers are up on release, got free boosts and defiance tv show premier is showing.

I have no reason to think you are lieing, dont worry. But Im sure you can understand why Im.. puzzled why some did and why some didnt get the email.
Regardless this email is hardly worth getting all worked up about. Sure the game has its issues but the world goes on. Stablility issues seem to vary per time zone and platform, even though the email doesnt mention it , lockboxes are easely obtained within the game's resources without spending a dime.

TaiGir
04-18-2013, 05:28 PM
at least there's a reason for tier 4 other than superstition? >.>