PDA

View Full Version : Do BMG's earn skill points with alt mode use?

LurchUSA
04-18-2013, 11:17 AM
I've been using my Bio-Magnetic Gun for quite a while now, excusivly in alt fire/healing mode. However, I have not seen my weapon skill points rise with this mode of use.

Can someone, a dev or a respectably knowledgeable player (Yes I know they are very rare to non-existent), tell me...

If you do gain skill points with BMG in healing mode?

Or do I have to kill with it, to get skill points?

So, If you don't get skill points with healing mode, is that a bug? Or by design?

ChaosOneX
04-18-2013, 11:18 AM
yes, they just suffer from a lack of overall dps

which is how guns gain exp, through dealing damage, or in the case of the bmg, healing.

Kerry
04-18-2013, 11:19 AM
When I tested this I DID get weapon XP for healing, toward the weapons XP, cant see individual numbers for the skill XP.

I can confirm that it is a low amount of XP, but may be on par with the damage mode of the weapon.

Cutlass Jack
04-18-2013, 11:20 AM
Yeah leveling BMGs is painful. It wouldnt be that bad if you got weapon exp at Arkfalls. Would probably be quite easy doing it via healing during those.

LurchUSA
04-18-2013, 11:21 AM
I was referring to the players weapon stat with BMG's, not the individual weapon skill. I'm trying to get level 10 in BMG's for an outfit unlock, so I'm trying to figure out the best way to achieve that.

Lazy
04-18-2013, 11:21 AM
Just use it a lot, not much else you can do.. BMG seems to be the weapon that is going to take the longest to level up due to the low damage/heal output.

Munx
04-18-2013, 11:23 AM
Dmg is much faster for leveling, but even with dmg you'll easily level 4-5 times slower then any other weapon.

If you want to keep your sanity somewhat intact, then i strongly suggest hulkers or scrapper scorpions.

Cortechs
04-18-2013, 11:31 AM
Get the mod that increases dmg but lowers healing. Also, always hit weak spots, like the heads of normal mobs.

Erei
04-18-2013, 11:56 AM
The healing mode can be used with a macro, if you have a keyboard that can handle it. Find a foe with decent DPS, but not too much, away from quest area, and get started.
However, it's still around 1h/lvl.

Beta582
04-18-2013, 12:04 PM
If you want to level up your BMG quickly... find a horde of skitterlings and just keep shooting. It will link to others and you can kill 3 or 4 at once then link to others.