PDA

View Full Version : Unequip

Eweor
04-18-2013, 11:28 AM
I want an option to uneqip gear, If theirs gear you want to sell the only way to do it is by replacing one piece of gear with another and even worse if you have no other gear it has to stay their because their is no way to unequip in this game, Its not a huge ask to have what should have been a basic thing right?

JMadFour
04-18-2013, 11:29 AM
I want an option to uneqip gear, If theirs gear you want to sell the only way to do it is by replacing one piece of gear with another and even worse if you have no other gear it has to stay their because their is no way to unequip in this game, Its not a huge ask to have what should have been a basic thing right?

agreed. this is a basic feature and it is silly that it's missing from the game.

Eweor
04-18-2013, 11:31 AM
agreed. this is a basic feature and it is silly that it's missing from the game.

Thank god Im not the only one, As soon as I posted the thread I thought someone would post and say their is a way to unequip and end up making myself look like a **** lol.

JMadFour
04-18-2013, 11:34 AM
also, we need to option to mod items that are currently in our loadouts. having to remove them completely from all loadouts before modding them is silly.

Kerry
04-18-2013, 11:36 AM
There is an unequip button.

edit: Removed my lame attempt ad a joke. My bad!

Eweor
04-18-2013, 11:38 AM

What an ****. Where is this magical button?

JMadFour
04-18-2013, 11:41 AM

What an ****.

looking at the inventory screen right now.

No Unequip button.

Change, Exit Menu, View, Cycle Loadout. that's it.

no Unequip.

Jestunhi
04-18-2013, 11:46 AM
looking at the inventory screen right now.

No Unequip button.

Change, Exit Menu, View, Cycle Loadout. that's it.

no Unequip.

Yup, no unequip button in the inventory or after clicking an item slot in the loadout screen.

Kerry
04-18-2013, 11:49 AM
Screenshot incoming...

http://i47.tinypic.com/3498nzc.jpg

JMadFour
04-18-2013, 11:50 AM
Screenshot incoming...

that would be a great help.

seriously.

ANTIDEAD
04-18-2013, 11:53 AM
If they allow you to unequip all weapons then they need new animations for running/walking/strafing that don't look strange when you have nothing in your hands. So it's not that easy of a fix

Kerry
04-18-2013, 11:55 AM

Check the bottom left, if I select anything that's currently selected I can unequip it.

Eweor
Screenshot incoming...

She's trolling us with a shopped screeny, either that or your a pc player and pc version has unequip on it

Napalm Sunrise
YESSS, need this badly. The other thing that kinda sucks is when you have different gear on different loadouts and the items that are not currently equipped to your set loadout still count towards your "spare" equipment in your inventory count. SO ANNOYING. I can't be in all my unlocked loadouts at once game! STOP IT! I like to loot dammit!

Jestunhi
04-18-2013, 11:56 AM
She's trolling us with a shopped screeny, either that or your a pc player and pc version has unequip on it

PC version does not, just a troll.

:edit:

Likely taken from the unequip perk button rather than shopped though.

Kerry
04-18-2013, 12:21 PM
*thread descends into silence*

Jestunhi
04-18-2013, 12:32 PM

Silence except for the replies pointing out that it's shopped or from the perks screen (which IMO is more likely as it's cropped to show just the button and hide the rest of the UI).

Xannderr
04-18-2013, 12:50 PM
Only problem with unequipping items would be the perks relating to sheidls. ie: No shields blah blah blah happens.

I was thinking to myself...

"If I reload x% faster when my shields are down, what if I remove my shield entirely?!"

-- looks for unequip button --

-- doesn't find one --

-- wonders why --

Oh, yea. That's why...

It would be OP

Now for other items, I see no use. Please tell me what you would obtain from having no items equipped, not to sound rude, just need a reason to understand other than my aforementioned idea.

Napalm Sunrise
04-18-2013, 01:01 PM
Only problem with unequipping items would be the perks relating to sheidls. ie: No shields blah blah blah happens.

I was thinking to myself...

"If I reload x% faster when my shields are down, what if I remove my shield entirely?!"

-- looks for unequip button --

-- doesn't find one --

-- wonders why --

Oh, yea. That's why...

It would be OP

Now for other items, I see no use. Please tell me what you would obtain from having no items equipped, not to sound rude, just need a reason to understand other than my aforementioned idea.

For me it's just to address my OCD. I like to keep a tidy inventory and by that that I mean practically nothing. I don't use a backup weapon because having spent time with every kind of weapon currently available I really only like LMG's and AR's which use the same ammo. So I grab one, load it out and run one gun so I can top off ammo and not lose a magazine's worth of bullets simply because I switched weapons. As for no shield and no grenade, no I am not that insane. Raider Blasters see to it I keep a shield and Mutant Cleavers see to it I have a boom boom on hand as well.

SteveMND
04-18-2013, 01:10 PM
It would be nice to unequip items/abilities/etc. in the various secondary loadouts, so that it just defaults to whatever is in the previous loadout(s) if you don't have anything specified. While hardly a game-killer, it is annoying to have to go into each of my loadouts and adjust each of the shields or grenades associated with them everytime I get something I like better. Inventory can be tricky enough without me realizing I've been carrying around a lvl 20 shield in my secondary loadout for three hours because I forgot about it and it never showed up on the Sell screen.

And while we're at it, it would also be nice to have some sort of indication in the inventory screen about what gear in there is currently equipped in NON-active loadouts as well, so you could tell at a glance.

JMadFour
04-18-2013, 01:23 PM

how about you post the entire screen.

oh, right...because if you do, it will be the EGO Perks screen, and not Equipment, which is what we are talking about.

you can't unequip weapons and items. which is what we are talking about.

Frostlight
04-18-2013, 01:25 PM
how about you post the entire screen.

oh, right...because if you do, it will be the EGO Perks screen, and not Equipment, which is what we are talking about.

It's not on the PC either. Not for equipment anyways.