PDA

View Full Version : how hard is it to find ppl?

Heffernan
04-18-2013, 01:23 PM
Sup...

i recently achieved lvl202, so now i have aepic quest to go into the Dogtown Mine and kill a boss.. but its IMPOSSIBLE to kill him solo.

so i used the General Chat for HOURS but not a single reply?

Napalm Sunrise
04-18-2013, 01:27 PM
You'll have to do it solo. iT's instanced for one player only. good luck that guy sucks hard.

Heffernan
04-18-2013, 01:28 PM
u serious? i have the best stuff and can rarely scratch him without dying over and over...

Kenze
04-18-2013, 01:28 PM
Sup...

i recently achieved lvl202, so now i have aepic quest to go into the Dogtown Mine and kill a boss.. but its IMPOSSIBLE to kill him solo.

so i used the General Chat for HOURS but not a single reply?

there is a General Chat?!? as for finding people.. heh I play on PC and for there being only 1 server and the game this new, its kind of sad that i can go an hour without seeing another person. G'luck with that boss.

Jestunhi
04-18-2013, 01:29 PM
What's the name of the boss?

Kommissar Kaede
04-18-2013, 01:31 PM
What's the name of the boss?

Pretty sure its Jackleg Joe/Joe Teach in that mine.

Where exactly are you dying OP, can you get to the "last" phase (him walking on the ground)?

Napalm Sunrise
04-18-2013, 01:31 PM
he's talking about Jackleg Joe Teach, one of the most worthless fights in the game. Cuz he's a cheez boss

Heffernan
04-18-2013, 01:32 PM
cant remember a name... logged off after looking for a team for 5-6h and dying like 50 times.. send in a supportticket and asked Defiance Support to either Fix this hard boss or Finish it for me

Kommissar Kaede
04-18-2013, 01:33 PM
cant remember a name... logged off after looking for a team for 5-6h and dying like 50 times.. send in a supportticket and asked Defiance Support to either Fix this hard boss or Finish it for me
Yeah, that's probably not going to happen. Where were you dying again?

Napalm Sunrise
04-18-2013, 01:34 PM
u serious? i have the best stuff and can rarely scratch him without dying over and over...

Yeah he doesn't get easier and the fight has three phases. one is survive the second is survive and shoot his minions that have flame tanks on their backs or use a flashbang then shoot Jackleg, the third is shoot jackleg and run around trying to not get shot dead by Jackleg when he comes to whup your *** personally.

Heffernan
04-18-2013, 01:35 PM
as Napalm said Jackleg Joe inside the (apperently Solo) Instance Dogtown Mine

first he spawns 10-15 Soldiers wich almost instantly kill you if u dont snipethem from behind covers, then he spawns large amount of flamethrower guys wich instantly kill you and restart the whole jewish instance...

Jestunhi
04-18-2013, 01:35 PM
Jackleg Joe

Stand on box shooting mobs in tanks (elevated position saves you having to try to move around behind them) but not killing, shoot boss.

Rinse, repeat.

:edit:

Then kill him when he comes down like any other fight.

At least, that's how I remember it.

Kommissar Kaede
04-18-2013, 01:36 PM
The trick I found was just keep a strong handle on the mooks as they spawn, and don't let a flame tank spawn go to waste.

I heard melee can make the flame tank guys easier.

Jestunhi
04-18-2013, 01:37 PM
I heard melee can make the flame tank guys easier.

Just stand on the thing in the center of the room, that way there's no need to get behind them to get line of sight on the tanks on their backs.

fang1192
04-18-2013, 01:38 PM
You want a CC like flashbang. During the second phase, melee the flamers in the face, one shot their tanks. The last phase is a straight up fight. You have to manage the mobs or you will die. I used a very typical loadout and it was slow-going but it only took me one try. Cloak, Flash, Rhino Shield, AR and Pistol.

Kommissar Kaede
04-18-2013, 01:40 PM
From the sound of the OP, I will say I don't think a sniper rifle is well suited to the encounter.

But then again, I've generally reviled sniper rifles due to the undue obsession they get with certain types of people.

Derity
04-18-2013, 01:41 PM
If you have a BMG Weapon, use it as your sidearm. With BMG's you can use the Aim button to heal yourself, which is a great help for survival. For your main weapon, any mid-long range weapon should do, I'd recommend an Assault Rifle.

Shoot the little flame guys in the backs once and they will run into the fire letting you damage Jack.

Goodluck!

Cortechs
04-18-2013, 01:46 PM
I did the whole encounter with a BMG. No nades, no special loadouts. Didn't even swap weapons. You can easily tag the tank guys by simply jumping and shooting down at them. I usually hit them as they came out of the hatches.

Granted it might have taken me longer than some others due to the BMG damage, but if you aim for the weak spots you will get it done. I didn't have much trouble with him using this method, and it was my first time facing him.

Garu
04-18-2013, 01:49 PM
I did this using a sniper it was one of the earlier bosses and i was in the OMG SNIPERS ARE AWSOME phase of the game lol. Much easier to use a AR or grenade launcher tbh for the adds.